Why do the Japanese draw their characters with white/European features?

Why do the Japanese draw their characters with white/European features?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white
unvis.it/kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you think?

kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white
>However, in Japan, white is not the default. Japanese is. Thus, there is no need for them to "look Asian", because no matter how ridiculous the characters look, everyone will assume they are Japanese.

Otherwise it would be impossible to tell them apart. I've noticed they basically draw western Europeans with slant eyes.

Some times (like pic related) they weasel around it logistically by saying they all dye their hair or whatever.

Never seen a blue eyed hap that isn't the product of bleach.

unvis.it/kotaku.com/5627268/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white

>>>(((Kotaku)))

Link is supposed to be an elf, which comes from European folklore, you autist

Clearly no other fagime has the same trend, though

Gooks know that they look subhuman

ar rook same

>
>136860685
Riiiight.
They definitely don't draw them specifically with blond hair, light round eyes, nose bridge on purpose...

That is lefty bullshit they throw out when people point out how much the Japanese culturally appropriate from whites.

>And physical features like huge round eyes, yellow hair and white skin are inconclusive in Japan for "whiteness": The eyes are unrealistic. Hair color is not limited to yellow as there is blue, green and purple hair. Small noses are not indicative of "white" or Westerners in Japan — big noses are. And white skin is not exclusive to Caucasians as it has been a symbol of beauty in Japan since before Japan had contact with Europeans.

BLEACHED

Wtf? I've got a nip nose now?

Asians are jelly of Europeans. The backstory of Attack on Titan is legit about Germanics genociding Africans and then chilling in Madagascar for centuries.

I was agreeing with you, you goof...

I played ff15 recently, and noticed they they seemed to go out of their way to make Nordic/Arying looking characters. Jawline, cheek bones, shape of brow all very yuro, then just slap on slant eyes so you can pretend they're asian.

Makes me wonder if that's what the world would become 100-200 years after ww2 had Hitler won, certainly a lot worse than mixing with shitskins

I like how they don't even bother trying to argue the eyes part.

Also, they reduce the noses to 'small noses' rather than talking about nose height and width. Kek.

If you're white, Moore likely from the Moops

/thread

You are def a mongrel mixed baby if you have that nose.

because the west has a bigger market and they actually care about people being able to relate to characters so they make a profit

Caucasoids are the most diverse.

Link represents white men
Zelda represents white women
Ganon represents the Jew
unironically

"asians" are actually pretty diverse too. Japs and Pajeets aren't that far off genetically

They just look grose so we rarely count them

Gerudos always seemed more Muslim to me but now I think about it Gannon does seems like a bit of a kike.

Because not everyone character in a Jap game/anime/manga is actually Japanese?????

>Japs and Pajeets aren't that far off genetically
haha what the fuck are you talking about retard it's like saying a banana and a human aren't that far off genetically so they're almost the same thing, they are a completely different haplogroup

is this how Americans deal with being 1/8th negro?

In case there was any doubt that it's intentional.
Here's a shot of an episode of Baccano! Ep.9
That's an unnamed chinaman next to a Nicholas Wayne of New York.

It's very intentional.

Because they are jealous of white people. They wish to look like us.

It's why the Jews want to "culturally enrich" them so badly.

Because it's considered the ideal/most beautiful in their society. Same reason they bleach their skin, pay for eye-rounding surgery, etc.

They also have characters with blue, green, pink and purple hair and eyes along with blondies and red heads. I don't think those are European features.

That's what the Proto-Indo-Europeans looked like, until we killed them for not looking like us

Sage time

Hahaha, you faggot.

No, but the very concept of bright alternate hair/ eye color is exclusively European.
If they remained isolated, they may not have even considered it.
So even if they don't consciously make them to look European, they do subconsciously.

Asians think we're quite magnificent. I was in an Asian shithole and all they would do is ask to take pictures of me when I was in public. We must look so alien to them.

This. Most gooks are awful reptiles. Japs and Koreans are good people, but Christ they should stay where they are.

BASED NORBOT/BRO

I want to fuck that frog.

Ganon and the Gerudo are most likely based on muslims, but a matriarchal version where women aren't obligated to cover up. The Islamic crescent featured heavily in Ocarina of Time.

Link is a fucking elf and Zelda is based off of european mythos. What the fuck else should he look like?

Whites are the best looking race, which was proven by faceapp. Everyone hates whites because of jealousy, simple as that.

How the fuck does Naruto have blond hair and blue eyes then

The Zelda games are supposed to be western style high fantasy so it makes sense.

But yeah even pseudo anime always has characters that look white. 90% of the characters in the boondocks look white and it's not exactly apparent that they're supposed to be black until they start talking

>if Hitler won, everyone would be kawaii anime characters
Just end me

WE COULD WUZ HYRULE N SHIET?

They love their culture but they hate their appearance. The most beautiful people there have more resemblance with western people than japs themselves.

ganondorf was a jew who had ganon's evil spirit (molluch or satrun or whatever) who used the gerudo to take over the world. and only a white man could stop him with the love of a pure aryan woman.

Because you are white and assume cartoons are white.

They are very Japanese looking

>>However, in Japan, white is not the default. Japanese is. Thus, there is no need for them to "look Asian", because no matter how ridiculous the characters look, everyone will assume they are Japanese.
Exactly.

Cartoons have the power to look like whoever is looking at them. They tap into human psychology and our subconscious urge to project ourselves everywhere.

Heh

what the shit, Japan

What a retarded pic. L was only 1/4 Japanese anyway, and 3/4 Euro.

WE

and it's set in a fictional kingdom known as Hyrule