Is art useful in the modern day or a meaningless talent?

is art even a useful career? Other then being something fun to do it doesn't' contribute much to society and is such a bad career because your going to have to get lucky to get money., if it's online or otherwise.
What's your opinion ?
Is it even worth becoming a serious artist or should it be for fun?

The problem isn't that art is a meaningless talent, the problem is that our society tells people that anyone can be an artist and that everything is art.
pic related

Animation major here. Im sure its useful where its used. Take that gay couple propaganda circulating around youtube as an example. Its probably inspired hundreds to 'come out'.
Pic related is the shit posted from my school. I dont imagine its going to inspire anyone to stick their dick in their dinner tonight but its all the same effort.
My advice to artists today is that if they dont make any money from it in three years then consider it a hobby.

>Animation

its useless, I was a pretty good artist but gave it up years ago for shooting and hunting to pass the time.

:^)

>Go into STEM
>Do drawing as a hobby and build a portfolio in your spare time
>Now you can chase the art dream by having lots of savings, and having a secure high paying job to fall back on

Modern art is trash. But older art still holds the power to inspire and impassion people today, and these works of art form an integral part of our culture across Europe. Art is a tough career, but if you get skilled and don't make penises out of menstrual blood you can be a plus for your people.

Also white historical art blows the fuck out of everyone. Japan and China have some ok fish, but never learned how to draw people as anything other than goofy cartoons, Islam literally banned art and executed anyone who makes any, niggers can't into shit. Good art is a distinctly whit phenomenon.

Art is essential for uplifting the human soul, but wether contemporary art is fulfilling that or not is another story.

A society where beauty isn't held as something valuable isn't a society at all in my opinion.

>doesn't contribute much to society
guess getting trump elected doesn't count?

>Doesn't understand that the classical period and the philosophical movement of modernism are fundamentally different things let alone what they are
>Infographic
Nice

>Modern art is trash

Sure

It's totally not that all genres have some bad concepts or bad artists

i think you're being a little pedantic, the guy you're replying to obviously meant "Modern" to mean "contemporary" rather than the Modern Era of art.

Neo-classical was the peak of quality, its been all downhill from there

Also show me any modern genre of music that isn't based on African rhythm

If their using some of the most basic words in the field they're probably not qualified to be talking about it in the first place.

you don't have to be a michelin chef to know if the food is shit

Art is relevant but there are billions of people making it

Making a dank meme template is effectively "art" these days. Good luck.