Google cancels 'Diversity Meeting' fearing their SJW staff

>will be treated in the exact same way they treat their conservative/ libertarian staff in the current Google environment...

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9zQ2f
unvis.it/wired.com/story/googles-ceo-must-answer-these-questions-about-that-memo
unvis.it/theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/04/why-is-silicon-valley-so-awful-to-women/517788
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

archive link for article:

archive.is/9zQ2f

>fear of being outed and publicly shamed
>for asking a question
so progressive! One day, when I'm all grown up, I so want to go work at Google!

Oh wow, turning this situation around to satiate his liberal victim complex. How progressive.

They cry out in pain as they strike

I promise you the 9/11/ 2 happening will be crazed feminists lead by Anita, Zoe, Brianna, all the other feminist bitch's, and it will be the war on feminist terror. A battle of the sexes. And these feminist bitch's will brainwash so many women to their side. And the kill and hurt men and women to. And this new feminist terrorist group will be at least 8 times ISIS strength and at least 8 times ISIS ferocity and 10,000 times ISIS insanity and craziness and 10,000 times despised as ISIS triple the size of ISIS.

I stand with Kekistan no matter what user.

Anita Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn, and Brianna Wu, the feminist's i hate even compared to a cuck like M00t and destined and determined to attack the united states inside the united states using fuckingigga gigga nigga loads of BBC and BBC airplanes and niggers and ISIS and feminists and feminist ISIS's and monkeys.

Maybe they shouldn't ask sexist questions and then they wouldn't need to be called out publicly for their sexism.

Speech has consequences drumpftards

How are they supposed to know where the line is drawn? People are going to be afraid of socializing or even do well meaning things because they have to worry about accidentally offending someone. And then by avoiding social interaction, they're still going to be labeled as a racist/sexist because they are avoiding them.

You idiots.

They enabled anonymous questions on the Dory. Conservatives were coming out of the woodwork, and being heard.

It was pretty inevitable that it was going to be leaked. So they cancelled it. And this is why we can't have nice things. None of us can.

We really are trying to figure it out. Seriously. Trying to draw better lines for public behavior, setting aside smaller-scale fora for this kind of discussion.

We can't even use the internal company fora freely any more, because we're going to get leaked.

The leaks aren't promoting open discussion within the company; they're stifling it.

>doxxers working for a doxxing company literally dumping data to the government are concerned that someone might take a screenshot of "head cunt at google watch out shitlords" on their public twitter
it's simple

we kill the google

where are all the men who are being affirmatively selected for cushy paper-pushing HR positions, positions that never even existed 50 years ago. positions that literally add no value to companies, and really just bureacratic cesspools where people make trivial complaints about situations that wouldnt even arise in the first place if there was no affirmative action.

because i see about 90% women in all of those jobs, or gay men. straight white men must be being discriminated against. because they are "too results-oriented", otherwise there would EQUAL representation for cushy HR jobs. and receptionists.

Are you one of these google engineer kikes? If so, do you believe this event will ideologically purge google of all "conservative" non SJW/Diversity religion employees?

It looks like you guys are really unable to work out this problem like rational people

You really must be a miserable person

lel

Lolbertarians are a myth like free markets.

receptionists are mostly women for a sexist reason actually. Blonde with big titties says the boss is out for a while. Joe Smith says the boss is out... who are you gonna be nice to? i'm gonna spend my time trying to hit on tig 'ol bitties or yell at joe

Who is behind this all

either a gay/tranny jew or feminist jew at google.

Yeah, I'm one of those engineer kikes.

I sincerely hope this event won't "ideologically purge" Google. I don't want it to. It seems like half of the people there are terrified that they'll be purged, and the other half are terrified that Sup Forums will decide that they're a good target for the Two Minutes' Hate.

I didn't think Damore should have been fired. I argued against it. I argued *with him*, too. But when the doc was leaked, it turned into a PR fiasco, and maybe the firing was inevitable after that. I'm pissed off at the people (outraged SJW types) who started tweeting about it in the first place.

I think we could work out the problem reasonably. The Town Hall was trying to do that--to find some way that we can all work together, maybe with no one entirely happy, but with no one miserable either. I think we have all enough in common to do that.

But I don't think we can do that with the Sup Forums army shitstorming on us. And that makes me sad, because I do love working here.

I'm trolling you dullard

All roads lead to racism and sexism. It's time you apologize and repent for your white male privilege by letting women and minorities take the position of power for a change and systematically discriminate against you.

White people are pathetically easy to oppress.
>Wahhh I got called racist and sexist and I lost my job

Niggers could only be oppressed by violence and chains because words wouldn't work.

>They enabled anonymous questions on the Dory. Conservatives were coming out of the woodwork, and being heard.
>It was pretty inevitable that it was going to be leaked. So they cancelled it.

Any source on this?

Do tell google user, what were the best questions?

the real reason there was no diversity meeting is that its all poos and old women at google practically. its kinda lacking in actual diversity

few east asians or blacks or white men. not a single native american or middle eastern person

> I argued against it

With whom? Did your opinion have any weight in the final decision which was made, or do you just mean around the cooler you shared your opinion?

Are people in adwords whose job is to target ads based on demographics worried that they are going to be purged, for not assuming all demographics are identical?

Well he shouldn't have been fired because his memo was actually whistle blowing on an illegal hiring practice.

It sounds like right wing and left wing SJW's have both sides checked, it should be pretty easy to negotiate some kind of internal company wide peace treaty to agree that nobody needs to lose their job over this.

Are the people who are leaking mainly outraged SJW types?? How come those people haven't lost their jobs yet.

Why would anyone fear right wingers in the US? They are being bred out of existence and 99% of them are obsessed with Islamo-fascism and not taking any gruff from North Korea.

Re-read what you're writing. This guy obviously had no outlet for what he had to put up with daily, for so long, that he made the beta move and let it all out at once in a well-cited essay. And the SJWs who silenced him in the first place made a shitstorm of it. So the firing was inevitable, because of what they did to him and people like him.

How do you get a reasonable solution to that? Do you sincerely believe you could sit down and convince the SJWs that they need to start listening to conservatives respectfully? "Oh gosh, you're right, I can't believe that after Brandon Eich and Pax Dickinson and those two guys Adria Richards got to and a million fucking others, it took your sincere plea to make us realize that it's wrong to malign and purge people." Then all SJWs will politely abide by the renewed social contract, and Trump supporters and SJWs will dance in the meadows with unicorns.

No. They'll be against purges when they are the primary target, not before. Fuck Google and fuck the SJWs.

If that ever happens then we can finally have basement waifus as PoW and borrow their wombs as punishment. Well get the grossest NEETs to knock em up too as part of the torture.

This article is very muddled.

I can read through the lines.

It's pretty clear that the diversity meeting was cancelled because they realized there was a large enough faction at Google that agreed with the Google Echo Chamber Memo and allowing these people to voice their concerns would:

>1.) Create an enormous dumpster fire of SJWs proclaiming their undying literal shaking.

>2.) Every single person with a remotely conservative viewpoint would be blacklisted and forced out of the company resulting in perhaps thousands of firings and/or resignations.

So the only thing to do was to cancel it entirely.

That's only going to make it worse though. Soon there will be ideological crusades at Google with everyone pitted into one camp or another, forced to out themselves, forced into lists, it's going to be a war zone.

How long till he runs back to Sup Forums?

Read Sundar's memo about as to why it was cancelled. It's probably not public that they'd enabled user on the Dory. So I'm the leaker now. Well, fuck, whatever.

>multi billion dollar company is full of delicate flowers
??

Is leaking a cardinal sin at Google? The company seems ridiculously open about sharing sensitive info, at least internally. Is this focus on secrecy a new thing, or has it always been a part of the corporate culture?

Can you post screencaps? I dunno what Dory is.

I have been flagging cinema snob and nostalgia critics youtube vids both are libereral shitheads anti christian and real outepoken crybabies about their vids being deleted. .

>and the other half are terrified that Sup Forums will decide that they're a good target for the Two Minutes' Hate.
They should consider themselves lucky it's not something worse.

I'm not copy-pasting anything, and I'm sure as fuck not screenshotting. Some questions were already leaked, like 'how do we make sure people know we don't do affirmative action', which we don't; I do interviews and I've been to hiring committee; at most, we try and recruit people from places that might be undertapped for talent, like the Deep South.

Some anons said things like, "I'm a [minority] engineer and now I'm scared I wasn't hired because I'm good, but rather to fill a quota". (They weren't; that's not how we do hiring.) Some anons said things like, "I'm scared that there's going to be a purge", or "I'm scared of retaliation for thinking that we should have discussed the doc instead of firing the guy".

what.

Internal mailing lists, memegen comments, that sort of thing. Remember, the leaks you see are calibrated for maximum outrage. You never see people being reasonable.

I'm not in management or HR; I had zero influence on the decision to fire him.

The 'adwords uses demographics' thing has been brought up; the crossing-the-line bit was, we're told, talking smack about fellow employees. Whether he meant it or not, a *lot* of people read the memo as saying that they were diversity hires who didn't deserve to be here.

I think the original leaks were angry SJWs. The unredacted leaks to Breitbart or via Gab are almost certainly angry people on the right. We usually don't hear when people are fired for leaks, and we don't hear who the leakers were. I assume we'll know they were fired when the leaks stop.

(Also, I don't think he knows how our hiring works; we really don't have a different bar for minority or female candidates.)

Thanks for sharing google user.

Is memegen funny? Can googlers meme?

Then why is the narrative that the meeting was cancelled because of alt right trolls?

How could internet trolls crash the meeting or even leave questions? Every website is reporting it was cancelled because alt right trolls were harassing people.

Is this 100% fake news?

memememememegen

Yeah. Yeah, I do hope that we change our norms and convince people that we've been treating some of our coworkers badly. This has burned down a hell of a lot of our culture. People are shell-shocked.

We have to have some kind of peace treaty, like the guy above said. Most of the people I work with are smart, kind, and thoughtful. Sure, pluralism is really goddamned hard. But it's worth it, and I'm going to keep advocating for it.

Is it going to turn into Sup Forums? No. Will we be discussing biotruths in widespread docs and mailing lists? Almost certainly not. Are people going to be less dickish about having conservatives and religious coworkers? I fucking well hope so.

It's always been this way. The company is a hard shell and delicious gooey interior. We hear about amazing X projects and can see pretty much the entire codebase for everything, because we have a strong norm against leaks. And now that's broken.

Absolutely no screencaps. I'll discuss, but no more leaks. Dory's the internal moderator app (post questions, upvote/downvote and comment); that's been mentioned in the news somewhere.

How on earth would that help anything?

I think so, but I'm an autistic weirdo, so what the hell do I know?

Meeting's cancelled because some of the people named in the leaks are reportedly getting some credible threats. I saw the same memo you guys did.

Okay, I'm going to sleep. Just wanted you guys to know that there are moderates out there, and we're trying.

Please don't dox people, and please don't hassle them, even if you think they're dicks. It just escalates matters, and makes it harder to reason calmly.

It was moot all along! Dear god...

>credible threats
Yes, just like EVERY death threat over the internet. All real, and all would have gone through with it.

Anyways, it was obvious because Google wants this entire fiasco under the rug ASAP. A meeting like that would have only boosted talk of it.

Nice bait

if I were a Sup Forumsack Googler and wanted to change the culture, its probably pointless to engage white brogrammer autists or purple hair SJW's. I'd court the asian immigrants, who skew conservative but are mostly apolitical, and get a 白左 / libtard meme going. I'd guess they are a large but mostly unheard-from contingent.

If only Google would have diversity training on tolerating differences of opinion. Conservative ideas or science liberals disagree with should not be met with pitchforks and torches. Ideological diversity is extremely important for a companies self awareness.

hello google damage control shill

your deep state is failing and you're worried eh?

That was my conclusion as well.

Their best hope of containing this is the fingers in ears la-la-la-la method.

Google is going to redeem itself. They are getting ready to do a mass red pilling

If every conservative that asked a question was going to be dox’d, slandered, and fires then it wasn’t going to be a productive meeting.

lmao do you really think google has any path to redemption? they are subversive technocommunists and we need bannon to take their power over liberty away.

You want to reason calmly when Twitter is full of google employees vociferously espousing their belief that anyone who doesn't conform to SJW orthodoxy should not only be fired, but they should be put on illegal blacklists that are shared around silicon valley, and that even if you're the most talented employee in the company, they will not work with you because of the views you hold.

My god! Thats like, 9/11 times 100

How come there isn't a conservative silicon valley yet for all the highly qualified tech people who were deemed mentally defective?

Links to them being crybabies?

>Is leaking a cardinal sin at Google?
Yes. Prior to this week, the only way to get swiftly walked out the door was to leak something.

>has it always been a part of the corporate culture?
Yes. See above. You can slack off at work for ~1 year without getting fired. Leak something and get caught: walked out the door same day.

>The company seems ridiculously open about sharing sensitive info, at least internally.
That is a consequence of the anti-leaking policies, and vice-versa.

>So the only thing to do was to cancel it entirely.
I am starting to come around to this viewpoint. Supposedly the townhall was cancelled in response to leaks of screenshots of the Dory, yet those screenshots are nowhere to be found on the internet. Just second-hand reports about the cancellation and leaking, to so-called "altright" websites.

It sounds like they need to enforce their policies on leaking and kick out any and all leakers. Pair this action with an internal memo that says we can either work this out like common sense adults or you can leave.

this desu

I can only imagine how heavy the climate of fear is at Google right now, for both sides. I bet the SJWs are cracking under the pressure and lashing out wildly and recklessly against easily-targeted users of Google's services.

If these screenshots existed they'd already be on Sup Forums. In fact, they'd already be on a hundred different websites.

Fuck i forgot how good kiwi shitposting was

>But I don't think we can do that with the Sup Forums army shitstorming on us. And that makes me sad, because I do love working here.

For you, personally, I feel you. Overall, tough shit...Google deserves a shitstorm for this.

>If these screenshots existed they'd already be on Sup Forums.
That was my first thought as well, and Sup Forums was the first site I checked. Yet, they are nowhere to be seen.

The closest the internet has to a leaked dory screenshot:

unvis.it/wired.com/story/googles-ceo-must-answer-these-questions-about-that-memo

>Some anons said things like, "I'm a [minority] engineer and now I'm scared I wasn't hired because I'm good, but rather to fill a quota". (They weren't; that's not how we do hiring.)
>(They weren't; that's not how we do hiring.)

Oh fuck off, yes it is. Did you see the interns this year? I didn't see a single white one, they were all black. Funny how the demographics of interns doesn't match the demographics of CS students. We have at least two, if not three, different internship programs that specifically target underqualif^W underrepresented groups: women and minorities. They are now hiring first year university students. They are now hiring people for a special after-graduation internship that they use to give on-the-job training and convert minorities to FTEs. Let's not mince words here, these are lowered standards.

You can argue that if we give someone the standard round of interviews and they score low, hiring committee won't lower the bar for them. That's true. But if they come up through the minority internship programs then yes, they were hired to fill a quota.

And let's not pretend we don't have quotas. We have a new VP of Diversity and diversity is a companywide OKR.

and they will only feed them eggs

This
I think that this whole document was made to basically shoo away Sup Forums from doxxing people. Like a kind of, hey, we told them our super secret meeting wasnt happening, so now we can have the meeting without them. Clever if its true

Post your leaks here
>

>It sounds like they need to enforce their policies on leaking and kick out any and all leakers. Pair this action with an internal memo that says we can either work this out like common sense adults or you can leave.
As far as leakers of the original memo, there are too many holes in the dyke to plug.

As far as leakers of the townhall questions (and identities of the questioners), they will kick out any leakers found, if in fact there were leakers and they are findable.

That being said, I am starting to doubt the assertion that screenshots were leaked, since I have personally not seen a single leaked screenshot.

That's the one. Mention of Dory, summaries of some of the questions.

I'm not a leaker, memeflag

no

but 9 divided by 11 times 100 is 81.8181818182?!?!?!

That's like, less than 10 9's and only 7 elevens!

See, we should be able to have this kind of talk inside the company.

If you interview more women than men, assuming equal talent distributions, you'll hire more women than men. No bar lowering necessary.

We had interns this year. One of them was a black kid from the deep South. He did the same level of work as the other guy.

>>I think we could work out the problem reasonably.

you would be challenging the sacrosanct SJWs, Reason is only an option if they are threatened in the first place through legal or other action.

nah man, just read the coffee beans doc. we're totally not lowering standards!

the after-grad internship is the craziest imo.

Lmao. If a tech company is filled with womynz and shitskins is because there is a quota

>See, we should be able to have this kind of talk inside the company.
I agree we should be able to have this level of discourse on the -misc lists or something but I'm not willing to put my career on the line.

>If you interview more women than men, assuming equal talent distributions, you'll hire more women than men. No bar lowering necessary.

True but there are two things wrong with this. 1. If you interview more women than men you're necessarily discriminating because more men graduate CS and related fields than women, and 2. we hire more women and more minorities for special internship programs that have lowered requirements. For example, EP interns have a lower hiring bar than regular sophomore/junior interns. Now if you interview more minorities for EP then you necessarily have a lower hiring bar for minorities. And this is just one example, I can't remember the names of the other programs, but there are several that were designed to hire minorities.

>talk about subject that is straight up bantz for some, for one it is uncomfortable / offensive
>offended person says to user that he or she is offended
>apologize and point out you were not aware that it'd offend him or her
>settle it like adults and move on with the conversations
It's not that hard you god damned children.

Unless the diversity OKR is a quota, we don't have a quota.

I'm not familiar with the post graduate program. It's troubling if that's true.

Go away; adults are talking.

(We're about one fifth women, which is the same rate as cs grads, and the rest of the industry.)

There's a difference between interviewing more women and setting a lower bar for them.

>adults are talking
>fire people for wrong thinking
Ive been to youtube offices and 90% of the people ive seen were women and lots of shitskins

Won't someone rid me of this meddlesome company!

New diversity czar Brown set quotas when she was at intel. Sounds like it got the job done.

unvis.it/theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/04/why-is-silicon-valley-so-awful-to-women/517788

>Some anons said things like, "I'm a [minority] engineer and now I'm scared I wasn't hired because I'm good, but rather to fill a quota"
hahahaha

Google are fucking scum and anyone working for them deserve to take any hit with them. Their liberal agenda is the least of my concerns about them, even though i fucking hate em for that too.

You don't need a quota if your goal is just more women and minorities. You also don't need a lower bar to discriminate based on sex. Your diversity hires can still be well qualified if your company uses race/sex as a plus factor among other factors and uses multiple rounds of interviews to get a more diverse applicant pool.

Not by itself, but combined with programs like EP and BOLD and whatever the others are called that have lowered standards, that necessarily implies that women and minorities are subject to a lower hiring bar overall.

I'm not saying that if we interview a male and female candidate for L4 SWE we give them different hiring bars.

Lol wow I didn't know Intel was running a charity