What are some Sup Forums approved movies? About to go on a trip to visit my grandmother and she is without wifi...

What are some Sup Forums approved movies? About to go on a trip to visit my grandmother and she is without wifi, so I wanna download some entertainment. What does Sup Forums think is good, and why? Also would download some good documentaries/tv series and books if you wanna throw in some suggestions for those, too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uPNdIi_S3KA
youtube.com/watch?v=dqjzquzFSMg
dailymotion.com/video/xypuzi
youtube.com/watch?v=rqbckoIEJGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most films in the western genre are pol approved

>good documentaries/tv series
space documentaries are the only ones worth watching.

>books
the Holy bible

>movies
salo or 120 days of sodom.

Apocalypse Now

pic related. one of my all time favorites.

Not Falling Down. Watched it after I saw it posted here, shit movie.

the edge

Here are some of the movies I saved from the previous Sup Forums movie thread.

Yeah I have seen a lot of western, went through a big phase a while back. If you have any I may not have seen I'd love for specifics.
Bible must be a redpill and a half, I read an abridged version as a kid and would love to get through the real thing one day. I'll check out those movies.
So why recommend it?
I'll check it out!
Goldmine! thanks!

>I don't wanna be your buddy, Rick
>I just want a little breakfast

>the movie made fun of neo-nazi untermench!
>Not /ourmovie/!

What program is this where you can check things off? Currently I use notepad and use - if I haven't seen it and + if I have

The rest of the list but with some additions outside of Sup Forums consensus.

I can personally recommend The Survivalist (it’s British and low budget, therefore relatively unknown) and War Machine (based on actual events)

hey....bro. ever thought about maybe READING A BOOK? you're really that lazy. and comatose. that have to have precious (((movies))) downloaded so god forbid you wont go crazy without INTERWEBZ

It’s Notes (default app) for Mac. But I think there should be universal apps that can do exactly the same. Maybe TextMate?

meant for

Thanks so much for all this!
That poster is enough to make me want to watch it.
I did ask for book suggestions too. I am perfectly satisfied with the amount of reading I do. I just want to have some extra stuff to watch, especially for the drive since reading makes me carsick

Pic related

You’re welcome.

Police Story

not for any political reasons really. It's just one of the greatest action kinos ever made. Directed by and starring Jackie Chan at his prime. Features some of his greatest stunt work, which almost killed him. You can't go wrong with Police Story.

youtube.com/watch?v=uPNdIi_S3KA

Angry Birds
youtube.com/watch?v=dqjzquzFSMg

lmao
looks sick! definitely getting it

Eyes wide shut

> Apocalypse Now
> redpilled

> Central theme is that by becoming savage, a man gains strength that no 'civilized' man can match, and that you cannot ultimately win without becoming 'savage' yourself.

Yeah, maybe a nice fantasy, but ultimately just nigger nonsense that goes against pretty much the entire history of human warfare.

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie
dailymotion.com/video/xypuzi

Indoctrinate U is a movie all about how American Universities are liberal indoctrination camps and "tolerant liberals" are huge dicks who treat people who disagree with them like subhumans. All that shit seems obvious now, especially to most Sup Forumstards but it was a pretty new opinion when it came out.

Anyone seen Come and See?

>What are some Sup Forums approved movies?
They Live
Kentucky Fried Movie
Blade Runner
Iron Sky

Idiocracy.

Because we're fucking pretty much there now.

that movie is hilarous, and so topical
I have it downloaded
They Live and Bladerunner are too favorites, I will check the others
Interesting, will check it out
I've seen that and it is excellent

Thank you for this

Yes, too hysterical for my taste. If you want a soviet war flick try “Trial on the Road”. Looks remarkably fresh and sober.

Holy shit this movie. If Cormac McCarthy wrote a WW2 screenplay this would be it

Dirty Harry, Land of mine, Amadeus, angry birds,

Let’s archive this.

(just kidding)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978.

Die Welle

Dirty Harry
the first one only, even though Magnum Force is still a good film

>Yes, too hysterical for my taste. If you want a soviet war flick try “Trial on the Road”. Looks remarkably fresh and sober.

Holy shit, that movie is great, have you seen Cold Summer of 1953?

Swedish TV show "Blue Eyes"

London has Fallen, 13 hours are damn redpilled and entertaining

>great

Which one? “Trial …” ? Glad I’m not alone thinking it’s awesome.

Yes, the “Cold Summer of 1953” is great, too.

I'll check it out

breakfast club

Band of Brothers is a nice time sink(miniseries) along with Generation Kill and Generation War.

All of which are good. BoB doesn't show the Germans as disgusting savages and shows them as just a smaller part of a larger war. GenKill is literally a miniseries about the Iraq Invasion being a massive Charlie Foxtrot. Generation War is pretty much BoB on the German side.

Yes, both, I can recommend War and Peace (the soviet series) too

London has fallen was a good action movie until I realized halfway through, that that's where London was legit headed.

If you don't mind subs

17 moments of spring is the best spy thriller ever made, if you can tolerate soviet propaganda for some of the scenes

Watch Taxi Driver, you won't regret it.

>t. watched it yesterday for the first time

Also, Restrepo and Korengal, in that order.

Really good documentary following a group of soldiers in the Korengal Valley.

You must be a Russian speaker. Same here. I watched “17 moments…” when I was a kid, maybe a time for rewatch. I also remember my mom loved to watch the War and Peace and I found it boring as hell, so I never thought of watching it on my own, but maybe worth a try.

Thanx! I actually have it downloaded on my hard drive.

>when I was a kid

Same situation here, for both.

War and Peace is deeply philosophical, as a kid we probably expected the movie to be more about the battle scenes, now it would make more sense.

17 moments of spring (watch the black and white version) is very well made (directed by a woman interestingly)

Also, I don’t think I have it on my list, but Sicario (2015) is superb.

>inside job
Occupy wallstreet tier liberal propaganda
The first time I watched that was because my Keynesian economics teacher said everyone just had to watch the film. I asked her before watching it if it mentioned Freddy Mac and Fanny May at all, and she said it did
and it did, for all of less than 10 seconds

youtube.com/watch?v=rqbckoIEJGo

the greatest story never told

"Andre Rublev" by Russian master Andre Tarkovsky. Get the full criterion version. This movie was banned in the Soviet Union

I've seen that one, pretty good. Check out another russian film "Andre Rublev" by Tarkovsky.

I’ve seen it, too. And I like it a lot, unlike some of the other Tarkovsky works (e.g. Stalker).

We were soldiers is pretty founded

If no one has mentioned it yet.
Alien. The first one. All the rest are awful, except I haven't seen Promethius or Covenant, heard Covenant is supposed to be good.

And don't spend all your time on movies, only when people are asleep or something. Spend time with your bablushka.

Ya, after Andre Rublev he never was allowed a decent budget again. It's far and away his best from those that I've seen. Another of my favourites is "Nights of Carbiria" by Fellini.

*Cabiria

Covenant is utter shite.

Sopranos. Extremely entertaining throughout all 6 seasons, it has its fair share of annoying characters but overall it was very enjoyable to watch.

The Cell
The Road
A Scanner Darkly
Holy Mountain

Oh and also.
Beasts of No Nation
City of God
Apocalypto

fkn behold negas

>Sup Forums approved

Is it really that groupthink in here?

Yeah we all seen that shit years ago and
Cormac Mcarthy? pls pleb he is not the same level

It's recommendations, you fucking nigger faggot.

The road is boring shit

Just rewatch pic related OP you know you want to

Suggesting classic dad movies right here, that's all I ever want
Why don't they make them anymore?

"Come and See" is a great film I never want to see again. It left me feeling like I'd been gut-punched. Really well-shot on a constantly moving, hand-held camera too.

You bashed "the road" which I've never seen. But "La Strada" is 'the road' in Italian, check that one out. Early Fellini masterpiece.

Stargate

Can someone post the Trump version of this picture?

The Road is the most red pilled movie. Humans must raise their seeds, they must be willing to live for their kids so they have knowledge to survive no matter the conditions or circumstances even in an apocalyptic wasteland. Children are the future and there is a conspiracy to indoctrinate that future away from us while we slave away into debt for banks and corporations (all distractions). Always remember who the future are. Money, women, false prophets all of it are distractions to poison our own future, the mind of our children.

The redux with the full French Plantation has interesting dinner conversation.

bluepilled movies: BFI top 50.

Well a movie is a movie first and foremost, this guy can't act and the pacing is bad throughout. Book was okay.

Herzog's Nosferatu

oh fuck nvm this guy wasn't in it

Defense literally did nothing wrong

He was just standing up for his rights as a consumer

Watched it a few years ago and found it boring. All I remember is jazz and driving around ny.
What's so good about it?

hmmm

Honestly, we would be better off with President Camacho rather than Dumph.

We're not so much living an idiocracy, but rather a Autismiocracy.

Another good one with Mortenssen is
“Eastern Promises"

A trip to the moon is pretty good.

Gangs of New York, Taxi Driver and They Live are all great. Strangelove is a classic

my interpretation is that brando has succumbed to the beast inside him in a time of crisis and is living the beast (good does not always triumph).

when confronted with that choice, in the moment where the savages are ready to bow down to him, he turns down the beastial impulse and embraces to holier, diviner impulse within him, and leaves the savagery.

The ending, when looked at this way, becomes very hopeful and very red pill. The whole story is essentially about Sheen going down the bestial path, only to reject it in the end, and turn to his divine impulse.

Quite fantastic.

All of the "They Live" recommendations are hilarious when you actually read what Carpenter has to say about its "message" being inappropriately used.

In fact, you'll probably hate Carpenter once you research his views on things.

We're not that far off from the hellish version of America in Escape from L.A. with Dumph in office.

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

Afraid to admit that Idiocracy hits too close to home for you now?

That's a line from the movie you stupid cocksucking faggot leftie

All the Death Wish movies, but if you're limited on storage, just the first three.

What are they about? Simple. A man's family was raped and his wife murdered, so he shoots muggers. In the second movie, his daughters gets murdered and he shoots more muggers. In the third and best movie, his friend gets murdered and he goes on a killing spree using a M1919 Browning machine gun.

Four and Five aren't as good, but still watchable.

my apologies.

I haven't seen the movie in a long time.