How would a Libertarian society deal with Homelessness...

How would a Libertarian society deal with Homelessness? Say a family business goes under and the entire family is at risk of starving, would they be able to apply for Government help?

Fuck no, but they could rely on charities, churches and private organizations setup and supported by people of their own volition.

Rekt chekd and fpbp

>How would a Libertarian society deal with Homelessness?
it doesn't and it shouldn't

>Say a family business goes under and the entire family is at risk of starving, would they be able to apply for Government help?
no.

>b-but that's so mean and ebil and heartless who would ever want that?!
don't put yourself in a position to be homeless and plan ahead. That family could of saved emergency money instead of just flopping over without a fight, or be more competitive. There's no overregulation or other government barriers, no excuses.

last of last resort is charity but seriously good fucking luck with that, the idea is to NOT rely on it, so it shouldn't be reliable.

if they had friends, they would help
if they don't, they're probably assholes or they're living in an asshole society

government is not your friend, and get your hand out of my pocket you fucks

>Government help
No.

But your local community or mutual aid society could raise money for you and your family.

>churches paying for anything other than tabernackles

top kek

>charities paying for anything othet than nigger kids

top kek

>private orginisations paying at all

top zim zam zozzle

lolbrors are the stupidest fucks on the planet

>local community

you mean local government

No, I mean your friends and family.

I don't think you get it. That was intentional. Nobody owes you anything.

You plan ahead and just don't put yourself in such shitty situations where you completely rely or in the mercy of others

>But your local community or mutual aid society could raise money

Why they should?

>Charities

Disgusting.

>churches

Top kek

> private organizations

Yeah, we all know how it works with banks.

You're confusing Libertarianism with An-Cap, a libertarian society would still have ultra basic welfare(basically enough food stamps to stop people from starving to death but very little else)

Literal autistic babbling

Because you're a decent person who makes friends with people. If you're a dick, nobody has any obligation to give you a penny.

> Better be healthy and wealthy than sick and poor!

Spotted the trust fund baby.

Local church saved me from months of homelessness a few years ago when I lost my job and my place. No one else gave a shit. It was plenty to get me back on my feet and I was even a dirty atheist at the time.

Maybe it's just an American Christian thing though?

"Libertarian" is a spectrum, not a single ideology. And the vast majority of libertarians are minarchists and anti-welfare.

Lmao the leeches can fuck off.

>Because you're a decent person who makes friends with people

Umm, no? You can be the most decent faggot, but I won't even spend a penny on you.
Also, that's not how it works in real life, otherwise all decent people would be happy and stable.

>Nobody owes you anything

For some reason I only ever see Americans saying this, the phrase seems to be drilled into you guys from birth, not saying I disagree with this philosophy but if nobody owes you anything then you also owe nobody else anything either, on the other hand if you pay taxes then your government and your society as a whole most definitely does owe you something in exchange for the contributions that you've made to aforementioned society.

>better exercise, eat a healthy diet, have medical insurance, savings, emergency money, friends that are willing to help you in tough times, and most of all have a goddamn job than be a fatfuck niggerbreeder on gibsmedats!

Spotted the welfare baby

I find Lolbertards and AutClaps to be absurdist children, but a country with a smaller federal government and freer market wouldn't have the pervasive welfare state we do. We could be treating drug addiction as a medical ailment primarily instead of a crime first and foremost. If we didn't have rampant medicare abuse, locked markets for insurance, hurdles of redundant regulation, and frivolous lawsuits medical care would be much cheaper. We could afford to have an extensive hospital system for housing the truly mentally ill who can't function on their own.

Homelessness is a byproduct of a society being run poorly. You don't put a bandaid on things and give them welfare, you stem the bleeding at its source and stop people from becoming homeless.

I dunno bro, every time I see Minachism mentioned here and on other forums almost all of the Libertarians say they hate it

Then don't spend a penny of them, whatever

Because minarchists who actually do things don't shitpost on Sup Forums

>2017
>not having at least a small trust fund

Were your parents niggers or something?

Nah, just the guy who lives in the real world, not in his mom's basement.
Russians have a good saying about "don't count out a prison cell, a begging bowl may come as well".

But if you were, well, not a burger mongoloid, but a person with, at least, average IQ, you'd understand this principle.

Sell children into prostitution or sell off there organs. Have you read "a modest proposal"?

>Were your parents niggers or something?

My parents were hard-working white people. Not a fucking jews like yours.

Still tho in my experience Minarchism seems to be much more popular with the an-cap crowd than with the majority of Libertarians, it's kind of a black-sheep ideology IMO

>Then don't spend a penny of them, whatever

Then don't bark about "muh charity".

When my family needed help we were denied govt money. So fuck everyone else. Let em starve, and leave me alone.

Well if you don't like fags then not giving them handouts will force them to leave, what are you complaining about?

If they're productive, they'll find jobs and won't stay homeless. If they're charismatic, they'll find jobs and won't stay homeless. If they're intelligent, they probably won't ever end up homeless, and will be able to swing either escape if they do. If they're not productive, charismatic, nor intelligence, why are we supposed to condone them robbing people, through taxes or otherwise?

If you care about poverty, you must not bake it in by chaining the underclass down in subsidies. Let them rise or fall on their merits!

Kek, if they were such hard workers why did they never have any savings to put into a trust, did they just not love you?

Also
>commies
>hard workers
Pick one

>if nobody owes you anything then you also owe nobody else anything either
this is true. But you might think, well then this must explain why Americans are such selfish people! Yet churches donate so much, myself included. Just because you're not owed anything and society doesn't owe you anything in return, doesn't mean you still can't do it and contribute privately like me donating to the church because that's my belief, regardless of who's owed who

It's less entitlement and more about freedom. Nobody has to owe anybody anything for people to work together towards mutual gain, or just mutual charity for the sake of it

>if you pay taxes then your government and your society as a whole most definitely does owe you something in exchange for the contributions that you've made to aforementioned society
>taxes
ah, but this is a false equivalence. For one, taxes are compulsory by the government. It's not a service, I can't legally *not* pay taxes on my own homeland because I have no choice. It really is theft, and you owe nothing to thieves just as thieves owe nothing to you

Being part of my church's donation committee, we're very selective in who gets money because we want people to use it not waste it, so that they would not need us anymore. Welfare on the other hand, everybody gets it, including people who waste it just because they know they can. They're entitled to it, so the gibsmedats must flow

Eh, that second one (for charismatic) was supposed to be that they'll find friends.

Umm, most homeless people in America already have access to free services provided by private organizations. In fact, private organizations do more to get people off of the street than the government.

>private organizations do more to get people off of the street than the government.
That isn't saying much. There are barely any men's shelters in the US. Despite most homeless being men, the overwhelming majority of private and state funded shelters are women only.

dude what are you talking about? I have a job, gf, two cars, and a nice home together. We're planning on having kids, so we're saving up like crazy just incase anything goes wrong. Might even sell the other car, was just kind of a luxury since we didn't think we would ever consider children.

What do you have? Ad-hominems? Christ, no wonder the soviets collapsed. I have a lot of respect for actual Russians, very hard working people (at least the immigrants here), but commies like you give them such a bad name

And most of the homeless aren't actually starving either unless by choice. Food is so abundant in America for even the poor that the government doesn't even use starvation as a metric anymore, it's now food variety.

Our homeless people aren't starving, but plenty of them freeze to death, and overdose in alleyways every year. We have tens of thousands of mentally ill and drug addicted homeless people in our inner cities, and nobody is really doing anything about that. Tons of them were vets.

Ok, now as much as I'd love to have such a government, this shit would never fly. Practical libertarianism gives the poor folk money where necessary and then focuses on protecting the rights of the citizens. Also, a reliable charity system should definitely exist. No matter how diligent someone is, there is always a fringe possibility of disaster.

I know I'm responding to Israel of all places, but I'm bored

>gives the poor folk money where necessary
and what is necessary? Where and who draws that line? The same fucking voters that only want more and more? Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile. Give them shitty public school food because it's "the minimum necessary", and next they complain that "it's not diverse enough and we need more, more, more! Think of the children!" It just doesn't work in the long-term, this shit needs to stop

Hoppe was right when he said that democracy is soft communism, we're eating ourselves alive because of the entitlement mentality

>a reliable charity system should definitely exist
if something reliably gives for no effort, then it can easily be reliably exploited for vampiric gibsmedats at the cost of literally everyone else at gunpoint

>No matter how diligent someone is, there is always a fringe possibility of disaster.
this is true and I will not deny it. HOWEVER, one can always take necessary precautions and safeguards to minimize any possibility of complete unexpected disaster. Always. And this isn't just about money -- the choices and decision someone takes, whether to study X or Y, apply for job A or B, these are all choices. Choices that have consequences if poorly made.

There is always the fringe possibility of disaster, but always the same opportunity for foresight. Government simply cannot do this job for people without becoming tyrannical.

> I have a job, gf, two cars, and a nice home together.

Yea, sure.

believe what you want to believe, I'm just enjoying my day off because I have the financial and employment security not to worry about tomorrow

>never have any savings to put into a trust

Jews like you, fag, collapsed my country.

>commies
>hard workers

Harder than you, fucking kike. Day of the rope for every bankshit and oligarch will come again.

>I'm just enjoying my day off because I have the financial and employment security not to worry about tomorrow

Every plankton thinks the same, until bubble bursts, kek.
Don't cry rivers afterwards.

libertarian is an ideology.
Libertarian is a political party.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

>says the commie whose parents didn't love him (see ) and doesn't believe in self-responsibility and self-determination

I've already cried from laughter

First instinct is to seek assistance from the State. Revealing.