You can walk around in the US without an ID, and even vote

>you can walk around in the US without an ID, and even vote

Sup Forums will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLk2aSBrR6U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_identify_statutes
youtube.com/watch?v=7euFoekOj-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uhh.. you cannot. it is against local laws to go without legal identification virtually everywhere in the US. most everywhere requires it to vote. best of luck learning how to use google, you moronic troll

No wonder amerifarts have such big problems with illegals.

Why would Sup Forums defend this?

something about muh freedom

Sup Forums doesn't defend it at all, wtf are you smoking? It's the dems that lose their shit at the thought that illegals and niggers shouldn't be able to vote without ID, sweetie

The Lolbertarians aren't on during these hours user

You need to carry ID with you? (serious question, not trolling)

This is a Fascist board.

>be american
>go to buy milk
>go for wallet but notice its not there
>police officer behind notices
>get shot

>Although most American adults carry their driver's license at all times when they are outside their homes, there is typically no legal requirement that they must be carrying their license when not operating a vehicle. However, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that states are permitted to require people to truthfully state their name when a police officer asks them

AHAHAHAHAH

Don't see the problem with that.

No.
You need to carry a driver's licence when driving, purchasing alcohol, and doing other semi important government shit but for daily life it's not really required.

you are asked to "truthfully state your name"

it's a joke

Yes and no, I would have thought. i assume that you would be in a bit of a pickle if you were later found to have lied to an officer of the law.

You don't have to answer if a police officer asks you for your name.
They might get pissed off and do everything in their power to fuck up your day (which includes a lot of things) but you're not legally required to answer
If you do answer however and lie you dun fucked up

Thanks. Same as here.

It's better than the shit you have Leaf
>youtube.com/watch?v=LLk2aSBrR6U

AM I BEING DETAINED???

Yes you can vote without an id.

You don't "need to" but it is legally required. If law enforcement requests identification from you, you must supply it and can be cited for it. That doesn't often happen but it is expected of you especially if you are involved in a crime scene or accident. You are supposed to carry identification though you will not be arrested if you don't

so many retarded threads on this board

>AM I BEING DETAINED???
I should say that if the police do ask you for information, unless you're a nigger and just robbed a store, you should just answer truthfully.
If you are a nigger and just robbed a store, please lie so that you will be shot.
Pissing off people who are granted special powers to fuck up your life if they choose to do so is not a good idea.

Lies. I have seen videos of people open carrying rifles and when the cops come they just tell them to fuck off because they are not commiting a crime and the cops can't do anything unless the person is caught specifically commiting a crime.

It depends on your state/county/city laws. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_identify_statutes
I am not a lawyer.

>you can walk around in the US without an ID
>and then the local Police ask you for ID
...and then the shitstorm begins.
youtube.com/watch?v=7euFoekOj-Q

Oh. I see.
Texas fag here. I always thought it was that way for the rest of the country as well.
Guess I'm wrong

What does carrying rifles have to do with id?
If you're actively involved in something that needs police presence such as a car accident or a crime scene, you'll need id.
Thus it is a good idea to carry your id just in case something like that does happen.
Walking down the street with your rifle however does not violate any laws and thus police don't have too much of a valid reason to ask you for id.

god damn it
meant for

I don't carry my I'd everywhere, but I also memorized my DLN and SSN. I'm also an EMT so if I do get pulled over I give the officer the State EMT license I carry in my car if I don't have my DL.

In any matter they've been typically kind when I give them all the information I've memorized since they can just go look it up in their data base. Another thing I do is keep pictures of my ID's on my phone so they can always just compare it to the info I gave them from memory first.

As far as voting goes, I live in AZ and voter identification and registration is necessary to vote at the polls...so I don't know what you're on about...talk to the blue states about that bullshit.

Because retards call the cops on open carriers thinking it is illegal and a lot of the time they get dumbass cops demanding to see their ids, gun registrations and permits, even if it's a constitutional carry state so none of that is required to walk around with your freedom bing bang.

Basically this:
but not completely. The US is centralized under federal law but operates mostly under local state laws which are all different in the details and change over time and are applied depending on the circumstance.Generally they don't differ too much from state to state so it's not complicated. An officer has a lot of discretion- whatever doesnt hold up legally might be dismissed later by a judge. So, if they are looking for a murderer and you won't tell them who you are- you might be arrested for obstruction of justice. And then have it dismissed later if you have nothing to do with the crime. Or it may play out a hundred ways. Overall, if you are asked to produce I.D. in the USA, you either provide it or there will probably be difficulty for you and they will find out exactly who you are, especially if they need to know.

And to the dopes saying you don't need ID to vote, you need legal I.D. in most places and a voter I.D. card at least everywhere. Enjoy your propaganda and troll funposting, just stay the fuck out of my country unless you are a tourist. Thanks

>Tfw not sure if actual quote or not

Not in every state dipshit

>you can walk around in the US without an ID, and never get a beating
L0Lno fgt pls

>being this new

>purchasing alcohol
>over age 21 and no licence
fgt pls

Where do you buy your alcohol user...sounds like you're a regular whom they've carded a ton of times you alcoholic degenerate.

I'm immigrating when I finish my degree, very easily if RAISE passes too and there is nothing you can do about it.

Are you white? Or a Durka Durka applying for a green card?

White Brittish/South African. One of the reasons I am leaving is to escape the incoming caliphate.