This hits the spot fucking Kojima

youtu.be/KqmwUbTQYIE
It's so accurate it's not even funny. MGS series always had critical points on society but when the society plays directly on MGS plotline what the fuck you gonna say.

I remember playing mgs2 so many times in 2001, but because of my age never really getting the full picture. What Hideo Kojima was doing back then, with this game, simply boggles the mind.

Kojima = Legend.

MGS 3, 4, and 5 had no concise or meaningful narrative at all. 2 was simply a fluke.
Hence why you only see people posting this one section out of 2 over and over while the other games have no such memorable and meaningful dialog.

Then why are the stories to mgs 1 & 3 so universally praised?

For the most part I can agree about the others though, Kojima can be pretty hit and miss as a write, butwhen he hits, man does he ever hit good, case in point OP's video.

reloaded a gorillion times.

No ads, google censored.

The stories aren't that good. Good for a video game? Maybe. MGS 1 was certainly nothing like the norm when it came out, but its not exactly award winning writing, if it was a book it'd just be run of the mill conspiracy thriller. The games are more known for the game play, secrets, the nuances, and the "technology" displayed in the game engine.

Pavlov would be proud

>The stories aren't that good.

You really want to sit around and argue semantics? because millions of fans will tell you otherwise...

>The games are more known for the game play, secrets, the nuances, and the "technology" displayed in the game engine

...and some of them for having a 2-3 gameplay to cutscene ratio.

I wish I still had the college paper about MGS2 that I wrote for a technology ethics class.

Funny enough. I lost it in a hard drive crash.

I got top marks from my matriculation exam for basically parroting MGS philosophies. Didn't really understand what it even was all about at the time but I got top marks for the exam and my teacher praised my viewpoints on the world

Tomokazu Fukushima never gets any credit. Sad!

Neither does Jeremy Blaustein for doing the best translation work in the series, but thems the breaks I guess.

The Japanese prove once more that they are the ultimate red pill.

>I got top marks from my matriculation exam for basically parroting MGS philosophies.

I'm having severe myötähäpeä right now.

I don't know why, Kojima has always been pretty much on pont when it comes to geo-political issues. I mean he telegraphed the whole "deep state" thing way before it came into the public zeitgeist with the whole patriots subplot.

>I don't know why

Oh god, another one.

I don't understand this. The internet is a mess full of trash. How is this helps the evolution of man?

Cool counter argument bro.

Also, how many units of critically lauded, multi-million selling pieces of media have you sold this decade?

Yeah, exactly.

Same. It was my first game for PS2, still looks great.

Oops

...to this guy

Me too but you can always drown that with a few beers. I did get into an university in the end which is all that matters

fucking christ

in theory it dosen't, most likely censorship will only ever benefit the elite.

Wasn't this the guy who shot the two leftist shitbags and (((media))) reporter?

Same here. I thought the plot and ai bits were retarded. Turn out I was the retard. Keep in mind that back then the internet wasn't the ubiquitous power it is today.
Kojima is a genius

Yes.

What? MG3 was badass and is widely considered the best in the series

By simpletons. It's more accessible and pleb friendly. MGS3 was a response to cry babies and low IQ subhumans being unable to understand MGS2.

MGS2 is for men.
MGS3 is for children.

>I mean he telegraphed the whole "deep state" thing way before it came into the public zeitgeist with the whole patriots subplot.
Man, I don't think so. That's the crux of nearly all conspiracy thrillers, and they existed long before the Patriots plot

this is the best thing I've ever found on Sup Forums, dont know if that's a indictment against me or not.