Why are Republicans so hostile to electric cars?

Why are Republicans so hostile to electric cars?

Check any Breitbart comment section or any Republican account on Twitter and you will see people complaining how they are for rich California liberals etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KeRg217H_3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because conservitards hate change

If my phone battery stops holding a charge after 6 months what makes this battery any different? Gasoline is a more reliable fuel.

Don't worry we will pull your subsidies soon so you will have to pay for your meme car at full price

electric car is the biggest scam.

its more polluting than a regular car during its life cycle because the batteries require toxic substances.

its mass marketed as the way to achieve progress wich is a complete lie knowing its not greener than a regular car.

its really a thing for leftist rich californians that want to show their vitrtue to others leftists.

I'm not really convinced it is a truly organic response. Obviously in policy circles there is an entrenched power aspect [if you control energy, you control power. The goal isn't different for Musk and company.] but I think a lot of it is bot programs trying to signal boost. I genuinely find it hard to believe people would be so desperately attached to a particular propulsion method.

The co2 output it takes to make an electric car is more than you would think and is worse for the environment according to some metrics. The whole electric car thing is kind of a marketing scheme.

electric cars have been a meme for 20 years and have only recently become viable
the vast majority of people advocating for them have been condescending authoritarian pricks that wanted the government to force regular people to use something worse, instead of people like Musk that are simply making electric cars better than ICE cars
so all the boomers hear "electric car" and they bark what they've known, completely unaware that the game has changed
and the (((libertarians))) have long since been bought off by business interests and they'll just bleat about small government and free markets
strangely enough it also seems that some liberals really hate individual cars, and have been going out of their way to shit on electric cars as well
I suspect that's because they were hoping to use the environmental regulations to force everyone on to public transportation, but along comes Musk and now there's an environmentally-friendly way to retain individuality and freedom of movement

This. Numerals of truth.
Batteries are also that particularly insidious kind of pollution. It's not a green technology at all. Nothing wrong with pursuing the tech but to pretend it is any way superior to gasoline or diesel is ridiculously stupid.

Guess I just don't care for coal powered cars.

>Literally posts picture of two scams

Electricity is just displaced emissions.

Look into homogeneous charge compression ignition. Thermal efficiency is the future of transportation. Electric is a stupid meme that will be remembered as a goofy footnote in automotive history.

there a documentary on car batteries being recycled in TJ mexico. everyone in the town is sick and orange foam runs down the streets when it rains. plus the electricity comes from deisel turbine power plants, mostly.

Lmao electric cars are worse than normal with their fucking batteries, there's ways we can do it, but this isn't it. Also major infrastructure issues when you look and see a gas station on every corner but where the charging stations at?

Tesla cars are worst than ICE cars a million times over.

Even Indian manufactured cars have more luxurious interiors than Tesla car interiors.

Tesla has the cheapest looking interiors out of all cars.

nigger im BALLS deep in tesla stock right now, you better believe i wNt electric cars to succeed

>your meme car at full price

battery tech will probably advance, and volume will drive the price down.

electric cars are so vastly better than internal combustion that in 50 years it will be like arguing the Model T vs. my old trusty horse drawn carriage. pic-related alone has about 20x as many parts as an entire Tesla.

>ableist

The electric car is a viable meme for the "hip" champagne liberal class.
The problem with batteries is the lithium production (which isn't capable of meeting an expansion of demand) and the exhausted battery recycling, which can only be dumped and buried into the ground (not to mention lithium's toxicity).
They just can't work on large scale numbers and they work best if you have bought into the micro generation meme as well.

Because they are gay

It feels emasculating to use one

Tesla isn't going to lead the way on batteries.

Also, Tesla will declare bankruptcy soon.

They can't keep begging for more free billions forever.

>muh interiors

you can plug the car in and eventually it will drive by itself
people that don't like the spartan interior won't buy it, yet lots of people are still buying Telsas
if/when Tesla gets a vehicle down to the econobox level then the interior will be totally moot

Yeah, but I could afford my Mustang as a second car. I can't afford a Mod S as a first car.

>lithium production (which isn't capable of meeting an expansion of demand)
Neither is power infrastructure, especially in the United States. Incredibly dramatic nuclear power investment and expansion would be required to get everyone in the country into electric cars. Couple that with battery production and manufacturing of these cars and ultimately you're really not doing shit for the environment.

But it's all about FEELING like you're doing something.

>diesel

Dead-end technology that needs phased out forever. HCCI is about to hit road cars and even without a hybrid drive system, wipes the floor with diesels. Cleaner than diesel, but still better fuel economy, better power.

I'm so glad diesel never took off in the US passenger vehicles. Ever been to Europe? Half the cars are diesels and it fucking STINKS, everywhere is nasty. It's like industrial revolution levels of soot everywhere.

Electric cars are inferior in power and size and comfort.

Electric cars will always give their owners range anxiety.

They believe electric cars are the product of Satan

Because electric cars are retarded. CNG is the future.
America has a 600 year domestic supply that is so abundant every state could source locally, you already have infrastructure in place to fill at home (if you have a gas heater, BBQ, stove you can fill your car) and filling stations across the country. Emissions amount to what comes off your stove. It's perfect, includes no gook/nigger lithium sourcing. Total independence.

youtu.be/KeRg217H_3A

> homogeneous charge compression ignition

Not investing in Mazda when every car company starts licensing their new engine.

Because without government subsidies these cars wouldn't be on the general market. Also, they are for city fags- 100 mile range = second vehicle. And then the whole cobalt mining and slavery deal is ironic.

>HCCI is about to hit road cars and even without a hybrid drive system, wipes the floor with diesels.
Thank Christ for Mazda. First the RX-7, then the MX-5, now they're saving ICE and condemning electric to another hundred years of irrelevance. We don't deserve them.

>It feels emasculating to use one

how can the quickest acceleration production car feel emascualting? can't you just play a recording of obsolete motor tech on your sound system to feel like a man? maybe add some aftermarket vibration equipment, and carry a propane burner for the fumes?

>Tesla will declare bankruptcy soon.

tesla may crash and burn but everyone else will not. if the battery tech is improved it's game over.

>I can't afford a Mod S as a first car.

the price will drop as volume grows. if the battery tech can be improved it will be like comparing a gasoline powered smartphone to a wait wut

How do you drive cross country in an electric car?
Stop every 500 miles for 8 hours to recharge?

likely because they have stakes in the global oil economy

I mean, cucking saudi arabia and/or any other country that relies on oil for 90% or more of their income would start world war 3. :^)

>Inferior in power

I don't think you know what that phrase means.

Electric cars are amazing because they offer 100% of available torque at any speed.

There's a reason why the P100D can kick the shit out of pretty much any car that costs less than $250K.

>and eventually it will drive by itself

Tesla cucks sure love using the word eventually just like their god of cucks, Musk.

>yet lots of people are still buying Telsas

Big difference between pre-ordering and buying.

>if/when Tesla gets a vehicle down to the econobox level

That's a big if.

There is no vroom, there is no satisfaction from pumping in gas and changing gears. It's like driving a tram.

(Also not everyone has a garage. Do those who live in apartments just hang a cable out the window at night?)

because gas works fine

>Electric cars will always give their owners range anxiety.

allways? what if the range is 1000 miles?

my whole gripe is that nobody wants to have a battery change station, like EVERYONE does with cordless tools. you pull in, some device pulls your battery and pokes a new one in in the time it takes to pump gas.

>inferior in power and size
Isn't one of the big selling points of a Tesla that it has two trunks because it doesn't need an engine compartment? Also I believe electric cars have all of their torque available from rest just like steam cars did.

electric cars typically inferior to regular cars while being twice to thrice the price. That's the conservative reason. Electric cars are getting better, but the people who were shilling them in, say 2005, well, they were basically 40k go carts that struggle to go 50 and break down every month.

They're shitty cars and unreliable

We care about the environment.. Google lithium mine

>Do those who live in apartments just hang a cable out the window at night?)

when every car is EV, every parking spot will have a universal charger.

it's the future, people.

You should see the amount of lefty tears when Mazda made the announcement.

Only scrawny limp wristed cucks drive electric cars.

Musk's livestream revealed all you beta Musk worshippers.

range sucks, unproven tech, god awful design, no sound.

E-cars are gay

>if the battery tech is improved it's game over.

That's a big if and totally dependent on the world's supply of rare earth metals and minerals which China has a monopoly on.

America's last rare earth mining company already declared bankruptcy and shut down due to China.

>every parking spot will have a universal charger.
>parking spot
>Manhattan

They're researching HCCI for their wankels. Could be looking at an RX-9 with a fraction of the environmental impact of a Tesla and several times the range. Imagine that, a green and efficient rotary.

>batteries require toxic substances
>because carbon monoxide is good for you :D
luddite cancer, consider selfkill

Lefty cuck doesn't know the difference between power and speed.

No one is gonna haul loads on electric cars.

Aren't they ditching lithium in favour of graphene paper as the next gen thing.

I'm lefty as hell but I'm also a car guy. If ICE dies on cars I guess I'm buying another motorcycle. Electric cars need a revolution in battery technology to be worth anything.

>what if the range is 1000 miles?

Again, you keep fantasizing about your science fiction batteries that will never happen.

No one cares about two trunks when cross overs still offer more space than a Tesla car.

>Car has no balls
>Car has no range
>Cant haul lumber or stone in an electric car
Go ahead and buy it if all you do is drive from whole foods to the antifa meeting to the poz party. I need to carry shit around.

I don't really know. I think I'm somewhat conservative if not full blown social nazi and I keep seeing "conservaties" use anything to try and ruin electric cars. I don't understand why they resist this change so much. It's only good even if not for "global warming."

and fuck lithium being bad for the environment because of muh mining. They don't mine lithium you fucking idiots.

>no sound
In the early days this was seen as a major advantage for steam over ICE. I think you'd find, assuming comparable convenience, price, and availability, that the majority of consumers would not view the lack of noise as a negative.

>quickest accelerating car
With a 1 foot roll start.

I'm hostile to electric cars only because im afraid of stricter laws for gasoline cars

sure the teslas are fast but i don't know how you can compare that to the feeling of fire and hot iron

Yes goy its better to buy a glorified botnet powered go cart which will have mandated ride sharing

Tesla should fucking burn

>when cross overs still offer more space than a Tesla car.
Do they?

because it doesn't have loud noises to distract people from noticing their small penises

Driving from whole foods to antifa.. hahahahahahahaha hahaha

>Big difference between pre-ordering and buying.

the Tesla S is a "luxury" car
luxury car owners love wood paneling, nice trim and build materials and all that bullshit
they have thoroughly criticized Tesla for it's disappointing interiors
yet the Model S has been selling well
the Model 3 has a fucking Ipad in the middle of the dash which has caused some people to bail yet people are still hyped over it

>That's a big if.

lithium ion battery cells are declining in price every year
the writing is on the wall
when an electric car reaches a certain price point most will jump over; it will resemble smartphone adoption in the late 2000s where over a few years they went from nothing to virtually all new phone sales

Yes. Teslas have high floors and centre of gravity due to the batteries being under the floor panels (where the driveshaft tunnel would be on a non gay vehicle)

>They're researching HCCI for their wankels.

Rotary is dead. SKYACTIVE-X is a piston engine design.

We're really seeing engine tech move forward and it's wonderful.

It seems pointless since the car requires gas to be produced in the first place. But as a Conservative, I say whatever build your cars. Just don't try to legislate everyone else once you have them.

laugh all you want. your wife's sons will grow up saying "whirr whirr" instead of VAROOM VAROOM".

real men are not defined by their car anyway.

They're basically useless at this point. Unless your power comes from a renewable energy source, you're still burning fossil fuels (Probably more than if you just bought gasoline), not to mention that the electric car's manufacturing process is far more wasteful and toxic than regular cars. So electric cars usually just end up being counter-productive, harming the environment more than gasoline cars. This isn't even mentioning convenience issues like range and the availability of charging stations.

With the current fueling infrastructure they still implicitly offer much less independence than gas vehicles. Cars are the modern horse in the minds of conservatives (personally I think horses are better, they only need grass and water), and the shorter one's range-to-refuel, the more tethered one is to society. Currently, their concerns are actually merited.

A smart marketing campaign in the future will point out that electricity is much more plentiful, cheap, and easily scavenged or autonomously generated than gasoline. I can't wait for the day that we have electric stations at every highway exit, and batteries that get 500 km on a single charge, and cars with supplemental solar cells embedded in the paint.

>implying they'll be allowed to own property

I don't want people to be forced to drive cars they can't do any kind of fighting in. The main problem with electric cars is their fans want to ban anything else.

I don't hate electric cars. I don't hate any tech.

I hate the commies who don't even buy them yet fully intend to steal my wages to subsidize their 'development'. Their our certainly applications for both technologies, so get out of the way and let the invisible hand of the free market allocate them accordingly.

Top kek

It's because of environmental concerns. People don't want to ban them for no reason

>It seems pointless since the car requires gas to be produced in the first place.
It's far more efficient to produce electricity in a factory and transfer it to batteries than to have a mini generator in your car

You can't tow or haul anything with electric cars. They have the torque for it, but current battery technology isn't good enough to get any distance out of the vehicle. Even if electric vehicles become more popular, diesel and gasoline engines will still be around for pickup trucks.

/o/ fag here

drive a 5 speed 5.7liter powered camaro

you can FEEL the rods and the pistons turning the crank and the wheels

i just really cant explain the feeling to you fags

the heat, the smell, the animalistic roar. no electric car can ever reproduce that, but electric cars also stand to KILL that feeling, and thats why the FUKKIN SUCK!!!!

posting my car on pol so i can get my windows smashed in by a tolerant liberal

>you can FEEL the rods and the pistons turning the crank and the wheels
>i just really cant explain the feeling to you fags
>the heat, the smell, the animalistic roar.

you just wrote the perfect parody of yourself. that has to be some sort of moron singularity.

Well, the technology of e cars are quite primitive compared to gasoline powered cars. In the future however, gas would be replaced by electricity mainly because electricity is abundant and doesn't require drilling down into the mantle.

>how can the quickest acceleration production car feel emascualting?
nigga tell me this car doesn't look fucking gay

Go get your groceries and makeup

Nice mags, faggot. What are you from Indiana?

that is not a cool looking car. but I have not posted anything about styling, just inevitable tech.

it's like when overhead valve tech became viable. flatheads died overnight. same will happen if battery tech gets good enough.

I can refuel my Toyota with gasoline in less than 5 minutes and resume traveling. How can you do that in a pure electric?

At minimum, we should be concentrating on small diesel/electric hybrids running on biofuels where the diesel simply generates electric when needed either for range extension or demand.

Thinking a pure battery powered car would solve the worlds energy and pollution problems is lunacy. Conservatives know this and also know solutions lie in between.

>Why are Republicans so hostile to electric cars?

A lot of these "green" projects are scams or really really badly thought-out.

Solyndra got hundreds of millions of govmint moola as a kickback for donations to the Democrat party. It quickly went bust after the owners had too many parties and other frivolous expenses. The Chinese suppliers were the only ones who made money.

How do you think politicians (both Dem and Rep) somehow amass hundreds of millions of dollars on a 170 thousand salary?

Anyway, the right has an inherent distrust of government dictating policy, funding and implementing an industry. It smacks of Soviet-style top-down production plans—utopian but unrealistic—and ultimately disastrous. That sort of planning ignores market forces or even market research.
Govmint officials are experts in bureaucracy only; they should not be the ones who pick the winners or losers.

It's market forces that determine the success of an industry.

An iPhone caused a commercial plane crash,why would I driver a.bigger one?

I can't drive across my state and country with having to spend hours recharging by Tesla

aren't they jiggering up some battery swap stations?

Tell me how many people are willing to wait 30 minutes to charge their vehicle when you van spend a couple minutes filling up with gasoline.

>How can you do that in a pure electric?

same way people do with cordless tools. swap the battery. it makes a ton more sense than having to park for half an hour on a long trip.

Unless one of the big three battery producers makes that move it won't happen. Currently they are enjoying the big profits off lithium batteries. It'll happen eventually but not nearly as soon as it could.

>electric cars fuck yeah
>fuck the nuclear energy

Leftism is mental illness.

Tesla's battery weighs 1200 lbs.

How did computers change from one giant machine in a corporate office to desktops in every home to phones in everyone's pocket?

Did the government legislate that everyone used them? Of course not, it evolved through innovation provided by the free market.

People will use electric cars when they are good enough for people to buy over gasoline cars. At the moment they are not.

>nirvana fallacy

Guess what would happen to electric cars if all government subsidies were cut and tax credits ended?
Guess what would happen to lithium batteries if strip mining is better regulated?
Guess what the carbon used to create the electricity to charge the batteries, build the factories, and created by workers commuting to those factories is?
Hipster fad that is, at its essence, a Ponzi scheme for virtue signalers.

Pull off in a swapping station.