I WANT TO MAKE A PROPOSAL REGARDING THE STATUE, FOR PEACE!!!!

If we kept the statue, what if we put up an adjacent statue, in the same size, material and form, of Ulysses S Grant on a horse, who was the leader of the last battle General Lee fought in before signing the peace treaty.

the statue would be parallel to Lee, and would have Grant starring at Lee, and Lee Staring at grant, in an eternal face off...

you faggots commited violence OVER A FUCKING STATUE

I GET IT, IF THE LEFT TAKE THIS DOWN WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE THEY WILL GO, INCLUDING THE FOUNDING FATHERS

THIS WOULD BE A WAY TO PRESERVE HISTORY, THE FULL HISTORY, THAT THE UNION WON AND THAT WE ARE A

UNITED

STATES

OF

AMERICA!!!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD CONSIDER THIS, THE LEE STATUE WOULD NEED TO BE MOVED A COUPLE FEET, BUT IT WOULD STAY AND APPEASE THE LEFT WHILE PRESERVING HISTORY

THINK ABOUT IT

Or put them in museums.

actually , considering that general lee is looking straight forward, then put the statue right in front of him

HAVE AN ETERNAL FACE OFF BECAUSE THAT IS AS GOOD AS THIS COUNTRY IS GOING TO GET

ISN'T THAT TRUE ART?

ITS NOT FUCKING WORTH VIOLENCE GUYS

defending the statue was fine. bringing the nazis wasn't. next time you see a swastika or a heil hitler at a right wing protest, kick them out. we don't need to unite with that. being associated with edgy nazis makes us look fucking retarded, it's embarassing

you are seeking appeasement. it doesn't tend to work. i feel for you, but the unfortunate nature of human existence will dictate that erasure of history.

akin to the wall street bull and the girl (and I do think the girl is delusional and that is bullshit, but people are not killing each other over the wall street bull and girl statue)

to tell you the truth I woudlnt care if it went, I would care if the left kept going, and I care if the right wing nut jobs are going to act in violence over this fucking over the rest of the right

did you have an irl conversation with someone about this earlier because i just had this convo with a guy who comes on pol a few hours ago

Good idea, you should send this to Antifa

nope, wasnt me

NO

They weren't nazis retard. And where was the fucking cops when the nigger started to try and burn kids with the flamethrower.
Fuck you.
Why's that because no one really gives a shit about stocks.
How about no. How about you leftists all fuck off back north or by all means come shit up Canada more.
How about you apologize for burning GA
How about you actually just go fuck yourselves and leave the south alone. You got your free niggers now fuck off.

THERE IS A ULYSSES S GRANT HORSE STATUE AT THE US CAPITOL

WHAT IF WE GOT TRUMP TO MOVE IT ASAP????

wonder what the size comparison would be, minus the pedestol, we coudl construct a new one equal in size to the lee pedestol

there were plenty of nazis there, i didn't say everyone was a nazi. just that this whole shit show was a trap to demonize the right wing as nazi and justify future actions to be used against us.

and Sherman, Sherman too!

Yes, please put all statues on Sherman, Grant, Lincoln, etc. in museums where they belong!

Dude Richmond fucked over Georgia pretty bad. GA didnt even have the option to surrender, because they were under Virginia's bootheel.

I actually like this idea. Poetic.

It'll never fly though, because it keeps the Lee statue standing.

Also, why do I keep getting so many captchas that tell me to find the vehicles?

What does Google know?

damn Grant is a qt
anyway have Lee sucking black vag and losing most of his battles to more accurately represent history
or just give us more Grant statues
I'd personally love to see a Sherman statue right in the middle of Savannah, torch in hand, smile on face

Robert E Lee doesn't deserve a statue after Gettysburg.

He's on the same level of disgrace as any armchair hack from the First World War, we're talking General Haig level

If you hate the south and southerners so much then why the fuck do you want us as part of the country to begin with? Edgy yankees shameful that their ancestors fought to unleash free niggers upon us all and so lash out with fistful of Sherman pics even though they hate that same type of big government shit today never ceases to confuse.

As to OP no the statues were placed there as a healing mechanism a signal that the south was no longer occupied territory but part of the nation once more and its heroes are just as much a part of the American story as any others. If you want to debate weather its time to move on from that time and remove the statues so be it but slapping down a symbol of conquest does nobody any good.

I'm not a yank
My ancestors came to Carteret County in 1718
During the civil war, my namesake joined with 25,000 fellow North Carolinians to fight for the Constitution
And unlike yours, he won his fights.

Fuck you he did, he served the state of Virginia above and beyond, bastard deserves more than a statue there.
Lee is a different kind of man, a man that put his home before his country something that most people can't even fathom in today's day in age. He joined the south for Virginia, not the Confederacy or slavery, but because he couldn't bare to fight his brother in battle

Whats its like being the spawn of traitorous criminal scum?

Nah take all of them down, Robert E Lee is a disgrace, Only people who deserve a statue is people who won, replace them all with a Sherman statue instead.

We didn't committed violence!
1- our legal event was illegally shut down
2- the Antifa thugs were given carte blanche to attack us (many USA nationalist got injured by the Antifa global terrorists)
3- Antifa Terrorist were illegally closing down a road!
4- Police let them riot, beat USA nationalists, and shut down traffic and harass cars

How about stop fucking with Americans and insulting their country, their legacy, their history, their culture???
How about stop terrorizing the Americans... and stop your dictatorial unlawful oppression of the American people and let them have their constitutional right to protest and have event???

This is our history you niggertouching faggot. My family fought and died on both sides of the war. If you are going to take down MY HERTIAGE AND MY HISTORY YOU ARE GOING TO GET A RESPONSE

FUCK YEAH, A GOOD NAZI IS A DEAD NAZI

>couldn't bare to fight his brother in battle
that explains why he lost most of them
>coming from an inbred confederate

i said we can keep the lee statue, and then add a grant statue

You realize that Lee was the first choice as the Union General and did rack up more battle victories than Grant? The only reason the South even did as much as they did was because of Lee, I get you're being edgy but you don't have to be retarded

He led his countrymen to the slaughter in a war that Lee knew was unwinnable. Pride drove a man and his country to ruin and he gets a statue for it.

You see we actually have good records of solders from both side in NC. Those NC unionist units were a sorry lot. 90 percent thieves, bandits, deserters, and other assorted trash. They didn't win anything. They were such shit tier units they were used as garrison troops and on the few occasions the did fight like at the battle Plymouth they got their ass kicked. Meanwhile NC sent more men to fight for the confederacy than any other state but VA which had a much higher population and collected for itself an much respected battle record. I wonder what caused your ancestor to turn on his friends and family. Debt trouble? Maybe he got a girl pregnant out of wedlock? So sad many such cases.

The South was winning for the majority of the war, they thought they had the advantage until the North realized they were on their last legs and actually started fighting.
There may have been a path to victory but I won't claim to know it, I will never not respect a man for fighting for his belief that his own should have their say in how they live though, that is as American as any Union.

...appease the left

I totally agree that the only reason such masses of southern men were killed was because of the mind of Robert E Lee. He led the rebels to their deaths fighting against his own country, and you worship him.
my ancestor stood for his country. you cannot say the same of yours.

What the fuck does Grant have to do with Virginia heritage?
Robert E. Lee was from the state and led the secession movement militarily.
Grant was an invader who leveled the state and fought to destroy the spirit of the constitution and southern sovereignty. Why would they commemorate that?
Fuck the union and fuck you.

Those are your grandparents, aren't they? Is this them at the family barbecue?

>APPEASE THE LEFT
How about we just remove the left and keep the statue?

coming from a fucking leaf kek.

that would actually be pretty badass. OP, for this one glorious thead, was not a knobgobbling faggot.

U.S. Grant is based Ohioan. From the most based area of Ohia. He deserves six million statues.

the fuck you talking about? I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING? YOU ARE NAZIS. You are the VERY DEFINITION OF NEO NAZIS. What part of YOU ARE NAZIS don't you understand?

YOU. ARE. NAZIS.

Nah just take it down.

Proposal to who you faggot?

Who do you think you're reaching here?

Fending off half baked invasion plans doesn't count as winning.

Actually defeating the Union was never possible. This is a real problem since one of the qualifiers of a just war is a reasonable chance of victory. There was never a reasonable chance of victory, lee must have been aware of this.

My ancestors fought for their country which was the great state of North Carolina that legally seceded. I get that you're not well versed in the subject so I am having a bit of fun with you but listen here user. Given the shear number of North Carolinian that fought for the South and number of generations that have since passed unless your family have just been marrying close relatives all this time its nigh on impossible that you dont have some confederate ancestors mixed in there somewhere. You have more than one ancestor after all.

How about we tear down this statue instead?

>reasonable chance of victory.
They just had to make the north sick of war
See Vietnam

keep jerking off your harry turtledove novels NERDS!

agreed

>confederate
>was born in Boston
How does that even work

They're the bodies of fascists, killed by the greasy Italianos.

Some people leave their parents basements

kek.

>the fuck you talking about? I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING? YOU ARE MEN. You are the VERY DEFINITION OF MEN. What part of YOU ARE MEN don't you understand?

YOU. ARE. MEN.

what's that supposed to mean? just wondering why any yankee would be a confederate, I mean there's john wilkes booth but he wasn't a real confederate.

Because he lived down south

He lived in Maryland what is technically apart of the south but it's not the south. He was also born in Boston.

His statue should be replaced with a statue of General Sheridan, a true freedom fighter who helped free the slaves!

Maryland was very much the south back then. Remember the state song is about killing yankees. Also the highest ranking officer in the confederate army was born in New York and one of the Unions best generals was born in Virginia.

No one was even taking down the statue because the courts ordered it to stay up until they could decide if the removal was justified. People were arguing the monument was a symbol of white supremacy and the united right validated their concerns by acting like white supremacists.

He had tiny shoulders.

Bullshit
Source?

HOW ABOUT HAVE GRANT ON THE HORSE BEHIND LEE, FUCKING HIM IN THE ASS?