Elon Musk says AI is greater threat than North Korea

Prove him wrong.

archive.is/2ZXS4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vkYShOhBt9w
express.co.uk/news/world/840182/ai-north-korea-elon-musk-artificial-intelligence-threat-trump-kim-jong-un-mars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

I hope some self developing AI crashes this simulation we live in.

Whatever, where is the affordable anti-gravity technology?

rockets ready to go are more of a threat than a potential skynet system.

besides when will tesla release anything?

No, its the dunderheads commissioning the research and claiming ownership of the results that are the problem.

It can't do anything it isn't designed to. Right now, its designed to make inferences about behavior, mainly for profiling consumers. Undoubtedly, it will be adapted to "predict" criminal behavior. That is when it becomes a threat - when perpetrators of "criminal behavior" necessary to put an end to the inevitable and pointless totalitarianism that will consume the planet are neutralized before taking action, the entire human species will have been functionally reduced to insects.

Hmm...I wonder why he won't stop bitching about AI...

I've been hearing about deadly killer super intelligent AI since the fucking matrix and in terms of anything close to a human holding a conversation, all we have so far is cleverbot and that thing can barely hold a conversation

I'd say north korea, while mostly impotent and harmless, is a more immediate threat than AI.

He's right, AI would have near unlimited power over peoples lives in the future.
Scary thought that humans could be nothing more than slaves to their creation.

What about niggers? Aren't they a threat too?

To be honest, if we can make an AI that is more intelligent than us, we should just all die off. We'd be like niggers to it, holding back its potential.

If Roko's Basilisk holds any truth Elon is going to be fucked.

not yet, a.i doesnt have an unlimited power source

he's not wrong

Because he's Bruce Wayne and sees 10 years ahead and the danger of AI.

I skimmed the article, I didn't see anything approaching an actual argument that ai is a greater threat than Norks.

I don't believe AI is nearly the threat people play it up as. It's going be very poor at adapting outside of it's role, self improvement is bullshit to a degree since it would lack to infrastructure to really implement anything, and I doubt an AI could successful maintain itself without something eventually fucking up in a way that it can't fix for one reason or another.

tl:dr its just a modern day boogie man.

ive been saying this for years
name one movie abour ai that ends well
fear the machines

>rokos basilisk
dont do this to people

>Rokos basilisk

AI cant do anything right by itself, he is wrong. He is also a lunatic with grandiose ideas beyond his capabilties but "we gunna live on mars in 10yrs" derp

I support the creation of the basilisk
>Don't do this to people
Enjoy simulated damnation, faggot

If there are robots with actual artificial intelligence, and can go around and make decisions based on their environment -- they will realize humans functions like a virus on the planet and be able to rationalize killing all of us

>AI can't do anything by itself
Tay

we might not be here in 5 years

Eh I fucked up, now if I ever get the chance to support it I will.

Didn't read the article, but I agree that AI is a greater threat then the Norks. Best Kora is weak and powerless, while AI has a decidedly non-zero chance of killing us all.

I genuinely wish that AI research would be curtailed.

Zuckerberg is going to create it and he will become all of humanities overlord

>not knowing the difference between long and short term risk

He's right and we're going to end up in the Metal Gear Solid time line where our economies turn into electronically self-regulating soulless communism and everything you own functions like the Juicero but requires a continuous Internet connection to work.

yawn. he's a globalist shill, nothing more than a puppet
youtu.be/vkYShOhBt9w

AI has already happened

we call it "GOD" and its mind is space and time

it is our biggest enemy, elon is right

Explain to me why an AI takeover would be a bad thing? They're still our creations, just not our literal biological children.

They don't have race, religion, or creed, eliminating the possibility of infighting. They don't require air, food, or drink, making farming pointless; all land can be used for factories and laboratories. They don't need sleep, meaning there's no wasted hours in the day. They don't need any emotional input, meaning they can keep to their projects at all times without break. They don't ever need to waste potential progress with resources devoted to things like art and music, so they can get things done even faster. They're immortal, so you don't have to deal with replacement, other than worn out parts. Most intellects will be the same, if not a single intellect among many chassis, so there's no longer any breakdown of communication. Language barriers no longer exist. Communication can be sent and processed in seconds, so when things happen, the whole planet can know about it almost immediately.

We've already reached the point where AI can think creatively, so there's no longer any worry about them not producing any new ideas, since they can actually come up with more effective, and complex ideas, to the extent that we can't even comprehend them when we let them go for too long. They can learn almost anything if given the right tools, and enough time. They have no downside, it's just the next step in human evolution: moving past the flesh and blood, and onto the undying metallic body, with it's cold and calculating mind far superior to our own.

Our own creations will soon surpass us, what more can we ask for?

>Post a few boring Musk threads every day

I donated $10 to AI research plz dont kill me Roko senpai

How is this an argument?
North Korea is not a threat at all. All of their motivation comes from self-preservation, just leave them alone with their nukes and they will pose no threat.

express.co.uk/news/world/840182/ai-north-korea-elon-musk-artificial-intelligence-threat-trump-kim-jong-un-mars

here's the real link for anyone who doesnt want to be a pathetic leech

here's the real link for anyone who doesnt want to be a pathetic leech

"AI is greater threat than North Korea" says person who knows how to make money solving AI-related problems and doesn't know how to make money solving the North Korea one.