Goodbye, Russia and China. I can't wait until we get to use your shitty tin cans as target practice

Goodbye, Russia and China. I can't wait until we get to use your shitty tin cans as target practice.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_5CGtLBNvo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yZ_Qzp3pKRE
youtu.be/0-HYPdh744M?list=PLSu13VtLjZsTGPI_d9heXl9lIyJfYOa1K
nationalreview.com/article/443165/zumwalt-class-navys-stealth-destroyer-program-failure
spacedaily.com/news/laser-00g.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

russia)))) don't like you threatening russia like this

Batteries have way less energy density than chemical explosives. What it saves in magazine size it will loose many times over in battery size. The extra range and accuracy is cool though.

China's army is almost twice the size of the US. Soooo yeah good luck with that.

how are they planning to hit a fast moving target with that piece of shit. it's like really expensive larping

:^)

>$25,000 for an inert chunk of metal one foot long

Pretty neat.

This is the stuff they LET you see.

I can't emphasize enough how insane our new tech is.

It's getting to the point where I want World War 3 just so you can fucking see the shit in action.

You didnt watch the whole video

tell me more

For military pork, that's still pretty good.

Software. The projectile flies at mach 7

>millions of semi-malnourished chink drones
>no way of getting those drone to foreign shores
kek lid

Railguns are fancy and all, true, but they need wa too much power and prep time to be useful. If someone hooked ine up to a mobile nuclear core than maybe it'd actually pay off deploying it.

>inert

They can be guided.

implying the US isn't so far behind that they keep leaking stuff that doesn't even work yet to try and maintain some illusion that the US is "super power".

They did it with the F-35 for example.

Of course no one else has secret tech.

There is just a small problem: the electricity needed.

The electric power needed for a single shot is 10 minutes of the entire power production of an aircraft carier.

So it is not a viable solution as per the actual level of electric power generation.

It might be possible in boats one days, but that's all.

i just watched the rest of it, it seems the slug opens up somehow and scatter shot comes out. I don't know how it does that though without it melting together.

>shrapnel cannon from code geass when?

nigger do you have even a clue how much power an aircraft carrier can produce?

They're going to be replaced with unmanned fighters in 10 years anyway. Johnny air force cadet will be able to kill Chink pilots while jerking off. How does that make you feel?

yes, and that's the reason why I state a single railgun shot takes 10 minutes of that power amount

25k to accelerate that aerodynamic hunk of metal to mach 7 and to ensure it hits an enemy.

>railgun is incinerated by a nuclear missile

If you think World War III will be anything other than a tragic waste of human life, you're beyond retarded.

Do you mean the Sabot? That's like the carrier for the projectile

Russia used a Rail Gun to break up that incoming meteor a few years back.

I remember seeing video of something striking it just as it broke apart. Lots of talk back then about it being a rail gun projectile.

does "Rear" Admiral mean what I think it does?
>137221127
>The Navy likes the weapon for several reasons, not the least of which it has a range of 100 miles and doesn’t require explosive warheads.
>That makes it far safer for sailors, and cheaper for taxpayers. According to the Navy, each 18-inch projectile costs about $25,000,
>compared to $500,000 to $1.5 million for conventional missiles.

>implying this couldn't shoot down an ICBM when the tech matures

What does Kek mean by this? In any case,

SINK
THE
CHINKS

Why does it cost 25000 if its hunk of metal.
Ill make it for you for 25 bucks mate.

Super old. Railguns are sweet though.

It's made out of tungsten and has a guidance system.

Anything ever hit double-digit mach?

>Thinks army size is important in modern warfare.

>implying a railgun can shoot down 7 MIRV warheads traveling at mach 10

Does it guard against EMP?

You could build 100 railgun turrets for the price of an ICBM. To hit it, all you need is software.

These would be better, accelerate a disk of tungsten to over mach 3,000 or 1,000 kilometers per second.

>Shoots 100 miles

The future is now.

with those kinds of cables, easily
the computers and any microcontrollers throughout the device would need to be protected, but the military has been making EMP hardened shit for decades

if you're talking about the weapon being able to deflect an EMP... well then you seriously misunderstand EMPs and there's no helping you

>Not using the video with actual audio

Stop spreading disinfo

youtu.be/yZ_Qzp3pKRE

Why do you keep pretending like you know what your talking about when the opposite is very apparent for everyone to see ? Yoir countrys military is impressive but china would fuck your asses faster than you could say usa.

Russia is developing a smaller electromagnetic weapon that can be fitted on drones, planes, land vehicles etc. That piece of garbage us had needs a nuclear power station in order to work. Russia's can travel at mach 6.8 and is so much smaller.

youtu.be/0-HYPdh744M?list=PLSu13VtLjZsTGPI_d9heXl9lIyJfYOa1K

i wonder how big the capacitors are

It's a capacitor fed railgun with a 150km+ range. The comparison is thousands of railgun rounds, reloadable at sea, vs. VLS AShMs and Tomahawks.

China is a paper tiger. Literally a non-country as far as I'm concerned, this is the real RoC

>Goodbye, Russia and China. I can't wait until we get to use your shitty tin cans as target practice.

Chhina will build a copy of this tomorrow if it's actually any use

Sorry, it actually travels at mach 13. Btfo amerilards. Just give up.

russia is developing stronger vodka for economic crash

Diesel generators are actually better than carrier reactors for building up a charge quickly. The Zumwalt is designed for these.

Are Russians our stronk natzee brothers this week or are they subhumans? I keep forgetting. What opinion should I hold?

>thinking that weapon wont be used against his own countrymen
>laughinggirls.jpeg

It's my secret fantasy that one day this flag flies over Nanjing and all communist party members are lynched by mobs

>russia is developing stronger vodka for economic crash

Russia recently increased its foreign currency holdings to over $400 billion

The only thing Russia is relevant about is their nuclear arsenal. Getting them at least marginally on our side takes MAD off the table. They're a complete non threat in a conventional war.

Chinese and Asian race are superior to whites. America will never beat China, only lose to it. Iq of Chinese is 110 while that of whites is 95.

Given, these things have terrific range and damage capacity. Even static emplacements might well have a good use, especially if powered by an underground (and hence protected) reactor.

MARAUDER is fascinating as well, but who knows where that's gone or if the whole concept is shelved and merely being used to red herring other weapon developers?

Quiet boy, or no gibs this month.

Except it doesn't use batteries, it uses a gas-turbine electric generator. Kerosene is much more energy-dense than gunpowder or HE because the oxidizer can be scavenged from the atmosphere.

nationalreview.com/article/443165/zumwalt-class-navys-stealth-destroyer-program-failure

what ever you say buddy.

What are they going to use to power those vehicles? mobile nuclear reactors?

Everyone else's secret tech is still playing catch up with the F-22.

>using projectiles
lame, when are they going to start shooting mercury acid balls for fucking gun fire give me good shit not trash.

>ameriburger education tells you this

Russia has more advanced missiles, radar technology, subs, missile boats and destroyers. All they have to do in a war against you guys is let you come close. They don't have the capability to be offensive and they don't have to either.

>missiles
No. MAYBE AShMs but we've got some new stealth ones.
>radar
LOL no. This has been thoroughly debunked on /k/.
>missile boats
Nope.
>destroyers
Nope.

Take off the proxy, Ivan.

I mean the round costs $25k, sure. What about the enery cost though and refire rate? Wouldn't it have to recharge? I'd assume under heavy use, the maintenence costs required to keep it functional would be extreme as well.

GPS guidance.
Guidance system is the bulk of the cost, as is the case with almost all smart munitions. $25,000 is pretty close to what a JDAM or other GPS-guided munitions costs.
Yes, some HVP projectiles will contain a small explosive charge to split the projectile into numerous hypersonic fragments for wider area of effect. Others will be monolithic for penetration of hard targets. In either case, kinetic energy is responsible for the bulk of destructive power and will be on-par with a typical 5" artillery shell.

You fucking idiot, russia and china has all the gold. The second the world economy (based on us money and petrodollar) crashes, they are top dog again.

there's no point in arguing with idiots like ivan there

>Complains about projectiles most of which consist of firing lumps of metal at increasingly higher speeds
>His idea of "good shit" is firing "balls of acidic metal" at some unstated velocity aka a projectile

f-22
f-35
Zumwalt

Murricans rollout new wunderwaffe every five years and claim they won the world.
This is your taxmoney wasted on nothing.

>What about the enery cost
Even with all the inefficiencies involved in the system (which, between the generator losses, capacitor charging and storage, and inefficiencies of the railgun itself, should amount to about 95% energy losses by my reckoning), the relatively modest muzzle energy (32 MJ for the big naval ones) combined with the inexpensive fuel source (petroleum-based fuel oils) leads me to believe energy cost will be fairly insignificant.
>refire rate? Wouldn't it have to recharge?
Capacitors can charge quickly, and gas turbine generators can put out quite a lot of power. They expect to achieve 10 rounds per minute.
>I'd assume under heavy use, the maintenence costs required to keep it functional would be extreme as well.
Perhaps. We'll see, I guess.

Status-6

>BAE Systems
>British multinational
Yeah, you totally made that all by yourself didn't you?

Missiles;
R-36M2 + RS-28 Sarmat and Kalibr missile btfo you too

Radars:
The su-35 and the new radar that is going to be fitted on T-50 btfos anything that is fitted on american planes. Missile detection is also superior to the american counterpart.

Missile boats:
Serpukhov missile boat can take on a carrier fleet easily. The little ship that launch kalibr from Caspian sea to Syria.

Destroyers:
Gorshkov class btfo's any anything except for Zumwalt (if it was in it's optimal state)

is not ivan, is Kristian!

10? they've gotten slower since I was active.

Turkish defence company Aselsan has also developed a magnetic gun

This thing will make American planes drop from the sky like flies.

>china will copy a highly complicated electromagnetic weapon
>can't even copy catapult launch aircraft carriers

You britbongs are always good for a laugh, that's for true.

One cheap ass scud that was rotting in a field somewhere and this toy is gone.

>canons
get with the times granpa, we have missiles now

No, the problem is not electricity by itself. Is the capacitors releasing the required energy and the system surviving the stress.

Also, you can guess what giant capacitors filled with energy might do when something impacts them...

I'm sure it'll be of the same standard as all Turkish products

don't worry, they'll only have to put some roach insecticide in water guns.

>each rail gun costs half a billion dollars not included ammunition, maintenance and crew

>if the USA does enter war it's going to be mainland guerilla hell like Vietnam except more expensive

>US is going to spend thousands killing a single soldier with a rifle worth $200 when there is an endless sea of them hiding behind every bush

>meanwhile Americans are dying in America because they don't even have running water or health care

>Shlomo arms company is going to need to be paid so the now almost non-existant middle class will see tax hikes

Good goys. Let's get North Korea!

BASED YANKEE DOODLE

And what's the use of this shit? For navy we rely mostly on submarines and small ships for missile spam. For tanks, if you can have a clear shot at it, then you might as well destroy it with anything else.

Cool

There is not so much money on earth that your corrupt military could bring it in US army

>Made by BAE

It's going to fuck up all the time.

streuth thats halfway to adelaide

my taxpayer dollars at work

They are only put on ships with literal nuclear reactors powering them. So yea, they have a lot of electricity to work with.

Four full sized shipping containers is what I remember, they were surprisingly small

If it's being shown publicly it isn't state of the art or the most effective tech.

Developments are shown publicly in response to political development for example, in order to reassure the public or deter a hostile nation.

The US holds all the cards in terms of highly advanced military technology. You don't show your hand until you need to.

Just as cool as those lasers I read about shooting down drones in the 90's. Boy, I remember how they changed the face of warfare for the last 20 years!

spacedaily.com/news/laser-00g.html

With this and F-35 coming online in the near 2040's, the west is back on track baby!

The entire country of China was defeated with opium.

Of course the real strength of the US lies in our raw logistics power, worldwide communications networks, and force projection. It doesn't hurt to have some railguns neither.

why waste tungsten at those speeds when wrought iron would preform better?

Force projection only works on countries that can't nuke out carrier groups.