I have a question. One simple question. Why didn't the airbag deploy in the vehicle?

I have a question. One simple question. Why didn't the airbag deploy in the vehicle?
You can not disable the driver airbag conventionally (its against the law) and removing one is VERY difficult. So, we either have photographic evidence of an epic failure of a Dodge safety device. Or....well, you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/26375/is-disabling-the-airbag-inflators-a-task-that-an-amateur-can-tackle
blog.caranddriver.com/massive-takata-airbag-recall-everything-you-need-to-know-including-full-list-of-affected-vehicles/
nhtsa.gov/equipment/air-bags
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I guess if it's against the law, he definitely wouldn't have disabled it.

Lol it was super easy to remove the airbag in my FR-S. It's not "very difficult"

Airbags don't deploy in low speed collisions.

Let me clarify, Muhammad. The customer had no remote way to disable the driver airbag. Law prevents it from being an option leaving the factory. The passenger airbag can be disabled in some vehicles.

>Or....well, you know.

no, i don't know. wtf are you implying, the whole thing is CGI?

airbags don't always deploy if you didn't know this already.

And why did you remove it?

Been working for two days what the fuck did I miss

He could've disabled it. Pulled the fuse or wiring harness for it, removed the sensor, etc. Fairly easy to do if you look it up.

Chryslers are notorious for faulty electrical connection.
But I would rather assume the airbag was disabled so it wouldn't deploy in a CIA sponsored crowd clearing operation.

why even remove the airbag out of your car though? I don't understand the logic behind that, it's there for safety, why remove it? do you want to die?

>low speed
>killed 1 injured 19
>ripped number off and smashed hood
>destroyed rear bumper of other vehicle
>muh low speed no deploy slide

It's not. But since you know, and it's that easy, link it. I'll wait.

>its against the law
So is going over the speed limit.

False equivalent. I knew this thread would be cat nip for shills.

it could be a car that was previously in an accident, that had activated airbag and left without one after the repair

also, sage

That's not nearly conspiracy enough for Sup Forums

mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/26375/is-disabling-the-airbag-inflators-a-task-that-an-amateur-can-tackle

>epic failure of a Dodge safety device

blog.caranddriver.com/massive-takata-airbag-recall-everything-you-need-to-know-including-full-list-of-affected-vehicles/

Its almost as if you don't know about cars and don't pay attention to the news. Ctrl F for dodge and you will find a separate article for the specific model and year in question.

The car he hit while fleeing violent protesters was rolling forwards, massively decreasing the energy transfer.

Airbags don't deploy when the car is accelerating

Try it sometime

This also

If they deployed how would he get away and not be mauled and killed.

>(((news)))

Yeah man a class action lawsuit about faulty airbags is really a jew controlled op. Stay woke.

>its against the law
So is plowing into hordes of people.
If I had such a fancy car I'd find a way to disable it too.

What speed does an airbag go off?
Frontal air bags are generally designed to deploy in "moderate to severe" frontal or near-frontal crashes, which are defined as crashes that are equivalent to hitting a solid, fixed barrier at 8 to 14 mph or higher. (This would be equivalent to striking a parked car of similar size at about 16 to 28 mph or higher.)
Air Bags | NHTSA
nhtsa.gov/equipment/air-bags

It's not a crazy idea.. this car is a steel sled basically, no structural damage resulted besides the bumper facade getting ripped off and the plastic crumple rail underneath it getting crunched. The car still ran fine, not even the windshield was cracked in the accident. THe other car was beat up more because it's not made of fucking steel. I totaled three cars and not once did the airbags deploy. Though I never had a massive frontal impact, I actually flipped and rolled a couple pickups and an explorer.

>its legal to stand in the road and block traffic

should the two cars crashed intos airbags have deployed too?

>for disabling in early model vehicles
You didn't even read that, did you shill?