I had a friend who thought Romania was next to Ireland. why are Americans so terrible at geography...

I had a friend who thought Romania was next to Ireland. why are Americans so terrible at geography? we do have our own big continent, but still many Americans have a very dim grasp of outside of The US.

to be fair, it's right across the english channel

There are 50 countries in Europe. There are 50 States in the U.S. Why are Europeans so ignorant of everything outside or Europe? Why can't the average European identify and locate every American State?

When the average European can do this, I'll bring myself to give a fuck.

How though? the only country we border by land is Pakistan...

You are wrong though, In Poland we have to learn the location of 90% of the world's countries in elementary school. I also learned all american states because I was bored desu

Comparing US states and European countries is idiotic. With some exceptions most of your states are literally arbitrary lines with zero history or relevance.

replace state with country in your sentence and you'll realize how fucking retarded you sound.

But that's not true for majority of European countries.
Like, Moldavia has more history and relevance than 80% of US states.
Not knowing where Romania is and not knowing where Nebraska is cannot be the same.

In the U.S., we have to learn the names and locations of all U.S. States and their capitals. It's essentially like Europeans learning the different countries in Europe. The only difference is States vs Countries.

If you can actually name and locate all 50 States, then congrats. I'd wager most Europeans cannot do this, however.

no it's not

maybe he thought that because there are gypsies from both countries

Zero history or relevance? And you're telling me that all countries in Europe are relevant? Lol even our worst State is more relevant than most European countries.

We're talking geography here anyways, you fucking dork. Not history or relevance. Geography. Don't bitch and whine that we don't know your geography when you don't know ours.

I have pretty good knowledge of latin america,west europe and east asian countries, their flags, capitals and where they arelocated.

but seriously, who give sa shit about the rest.

Yea but in Poland we learn almost all the world countries on middle/high school geography classes. And i can tell you where are most of US states even though i've never had good grades at geography

average american is retarded when it comes to geography

That's one huge false equivalence.
State != countries
States aren't international players, countries are.
European countries have thousands of years of history to learn, you guys don't.

No one claimed americans should memorize where fucking Baden is, you don't go that deeply into another countries geography unless you need to.
Don't be a sophist, compare your states to states/provinces, not countries.

We're not talking about history, you Brazilian nigger. We're talking about geography. You saying that American geography isn't important is no different than Americans saying non-American geography isn't important. A bit hypocritical, no?

Whats that country in the center of Africa that has the exact same flag as Romania?

what the fuck there's so many stripes
why is everyone so stripey

we need better flags

Chad.

Thank you for ignoring everything else in my post, fatass.
Germany is also a federation, just like America. It also has states, yet no one said you're supposed to know where Schleswig-Holstein is.
We're talking about COUNTRIES, not STATES.
Pinpointing COUNTRIES, not STATES. Am I being clear?
Your STATES ARE NOT COUNTRIES. Stop being a sophist and go read a book.

Compared to the size of the US, Romania is pretty much next to Ireland

>dumb americans don't know anything about Europe or Geography, idiots
Can you euros name all 50 states? Most of them are bigger than your precious non-countries

And before Sheriff McDouche implies a state = country because of km2, let me just say this:
China has 1 billion inhabitants, its states have way more people than many countries/american states.
Don't be a retard, this thread is talking about countries. I thought you guys at least learned what constitutes a country, but it seems like I was wrong.