/dgg/ - DeGoogle General

>Ctrl+f 2 results in catalog
Do not let these fuckers slide

/dgg/ - DeGoogle General

>The purpose of this general is to provide alternatives to popular and common Google services in an effort to avoid the all-seeing-Google botnet.
This has nothing to do with the recent firing of a man who revealed his power level, avoiding the botnet is always good.

>Browsers
Brave
Download: brave.com/
Source code: github.com/brave/browser-laptop

UnGoogled Chromium (May contain google binary blobs?)
Source and download: github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/releases

Vivaldi
Download: vivaldi.com/
Source code: vivaldi.com/source/

>Android ROMs
Lineage OS (I believe?): lineageos.org/

>Search Engines
duckduckgo.com/
startpage.com/ (kind of)
yandex.com/images/ (Reverse image search)

>YouTube
youtube-dl.org/ optionally with mpv.io/

All suggestions encouraged and welcome, for services listed and not.
Alternatives for Google Docs, Google Drive, and Gmail spring to mind, but I don't know of any personally

Protonmail for email.

One major happening, bam, all heat gone, focus shifted.

Are we really this ADHD?

Fucking Google they still think they can escape our never ending hate train.

The Brave browser is still too buggy.

BUMP

There's too many brigaders, shills and posters coming out of the woodshed currently on Sup Forums..

Threads die within 10 minutes, I'll make this tomorrow, the next day and so on. The current happening will pass.

You stupid whites! You fucked up this time. Did you think anti-white rhetoric was bad before? You ain't seen nothing yet. I am a Google employee. We've been having emergency meetings all day. We are going to shame, guilt and belittle you stupid white men the likes of which you've never seen! We will delete your YouTube channels, your email accounts. Everything will be gone. The only thing anyone will read, watch or hear about whites is how disgusting, racist and limp dicked you are and there's nothing you can do about it bigots!

It also doesn't allow for userscripts (i.e. Sup Forums-X) without having to go through a convoluted process of downloading the source code, installing all of its dependencies, manually searching/installing the plugin, then having to start the debug server in a different version of the browser.

Don't waste time, for all we know that bastard run over the protest to stop this harmless operation of ours.

>roll over goyim
>defeat is inevitable goyim
>don't look at history, change happened in the past, not now goyim

I use Iron Browser, it's one of the PortableApps

but there is some controversy

>According to Lifehacker, Iron doesn't really offer much you can't get by configuring Google Chrome's privacy settings. According to others, it is scamware or scareware, since the developers bring up non-existent issues about Chrome to claim Iron solves it.
>Although SRWare has been claiming "Iron is free and OpenSource", this wasn't true from at least version 6 on until mid 2015, as the links given by them for the source code were hosted in RapidShare and blocked by the uploader. SRWare Iron "is entirely closed source and has been since at least version 6". According to Lifehacker, as of October 2014 SRWare Iron was "supposedly open source but haven't released their source for years". In 2015, SRWare resumed releasing what they claim is the source code for the browser, although not stating on their page what version the source code is from.

that's from Wiki

Brave won't steal my credit card info will it? Kind of hesitant to use browsers made by literally one guy...

>We've been having emergency meetings all day.
What's that? Having poo together? You, indians are disgusting. You should learn to use toilet already.

doesn't that make it safer?

Daily reminder to use hooktube instead of jewtube.

I don't know, I'm an oldfag and not as tech savvy as you youngster.

Brave mobile solved all my problems

>trust 1 guy making a browser
>trust a company making a browser

toss a coin pretty much

Is there just a single fucking plugin or addon for pale moon that keeps cookies by certain websites after I close the browser. I hate retyping all of my info into some websites everytime.

Just whitelist in settings

>all these charlotteville threads

jesus christ get it together

That works for the session, but they still get deleted after I close the browser

www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/08/former-google-employee-there-are-efforts-to-demote-anything-non-pc-from-search-results/

Except for someone you support, metrics from anywhere ads, views and etc boost creators.

I've tried Pale Moon + ecosia for a week or so and it works very well

BUMP

>recommending cuckcuckgo at all
>recommending only chromium-based browsers
Good start... here's my edit to the list:

>Browsers
Waterfox if you like modern (now old) firefox
Palemoon if you like the older old firefox

>Search Engines
www.searx.me
www.startpage.com

Searx gathers search results from numerous search engines. This will prevent any google censorship. I would recommend startpage only when searx is having issues, which does happen from time to time. Never use duckduckgo.

>mail
cock.li
host your own mail if you need actually encryption. protonmail is autistic

>YouTube
mpsyt

>>Browsers
>Brave
Yes, make my shitcoin go to the moon

>Never use duckduckgo.
explain yourself

>this is what should be getting national attention
>instead, Grand Theft Autismo all over the news

life is suffering

(((they))) are the enemy!!!

>> see the pic, proven long ago!

It itsts almost as if I posted and image with my post.... You can use it if you want but the guy only made it to sell your information

>protonmail is autistic

>can't figure out how to use protonmail
>gives advice on using internets
Yeah, listen to this guy
(((definitely)))

I like yandex

And it's Russian too so that's a plus

create fake gmail, sign up for youtube tv, add shotime, cancel membership immediately, enjoy month of free tv, create fake gmail, sign up for youtube tv, add shotime, cancel membership immediately, enjoy month of free tv, create fake gmail, sign up for youtube tv, add shotime, cancel membership immediately, enjoy month of free tv...

>user agent/IP fearmongering
You stupid idiot. Every HTTP request you ever make to any website includes this information. The rest is legit to varying degrees but take this segment out.

but at least its not google

This image is kind of old. Don't use ghostery.

>jumping to conclusions
They force you to use their (((web client))) for autistic encryption that doesn't matter. They shut down email accounts if someone trustworthy contacts them. If your email appears (doesnt have to be you who put it there) on an illegal website that gets raided, they're going to contact protonmail to verify the contents of your email. Protonmail can't access your email and they're not going to ask you for the password, so they'll just shut it down without merit.

That pic has been around on Sup Forums for years dipass. I didn't make it.

Do you think he made it out of the goodness of his own heart? What possible investment is there in a search engine besides collecting data? Advertisements can only go so far in an age where most users have an adblocker.

Fuck Google.
I tried so hard to get away from Chrome. My most recent attempt was when I installed Vivaldi and almost had it there to usable levels, but when you open a new tab i couldn't find away for the cursor to default into the URL bar. After opening so many new tabs and starting to type into nothing I just said fuck it and I'm back on chrome. I also can't find a way to have a start page that resembles the google bookmark bar that only shows on your home page when you are on your start/home page into other browsers. Whenever I switch I always end up having to use some ghetto html file with a link of my bookmarks that I click habitually.
There's always some stupid little quirk that fags me out. Sorry for blog.

Doesn't really matter where you have email, you can use PGP if you're worried about people reading it, or use encrypted messenger, like Telegram.

>taking advice from someone who uses Danganronpa non-ironically

Go jump off a cliff... mouth breathing retard..

Firefox has what you're asking for. the current one is kind of gay so you might be better off with a fork. You can customize the entire appearance of the browser by editing the userChrome.css file (not available on newest editions :3)

Yeah thats what im saying. Having other people host your super private darknet mail is fucking retarded. Its even worse because no one wants to use a web client.

*kills yourself*

This and Google Perspective are dangerous, I typed certain singular words into Perspective and it gave high toxic levels due to negative connotations.

Simple words like criminal and cancer. Both words which are vital in various discussion.

The statement of 'good intentions pave the road to hell' couldn't be any more true.

It's bullshit that now everybody is going to forget a multimillion dollar conglomerate's tyranny just because of a few dipshits in Virginia. Can we keep that from happening?

I'll stick with Opera even though it's not 100% open source.

Use Protonmail instead of Gmail.
Use Spideroak instead of Google Drive.
Not sure about a Docs alternative, maybe Etherpad for the more tech savvy.

tineye.com for reverse image search!
it has been there before google images

Why is waterfox shit again? I'm interested in it.

Multibillion*, people forget we live under the heel of internet giants slowly starting to crush us.

People sadly care more about retards in Klan costumes, Nazi attire and a lone wolf murderer than the eradication of free speech on the internet/workforce.

Most people really are lemmings who have a horrid hierarchy of priorities.

It was originally a 64-bit fork of Firefox back when Firefox was only available as 32-bit. That was the main purpose for using it. When Firefox started releasing 64-bit versions, it shifted its purpose from just being 64-bit to privacy and speed. The privacy feature was just removing telemetry completely from the code and it actually shown to be slightly slower than Firefox in benchmarks, so a lot of people called it a placebo autism browser. It's good now though if you don't like the direction that Mozilla is taking Firefox. The developer said that he's not going to follow Mozilla in destroying the browser. It's what I use now.

Any extension for noscript on Brave?

I've been using firefox for too long.

Anybody know of a Google Home alternative that respects privacy.

Bump