What are some skills we can learn that we will need in the civil war

I am a mid 30s guy with a white collar job. I never learned any skills or trades as I made a living with an academic type job after school.

My skill set is useless if society collapses into a civil war and I dont want to be a casualty because I offer nothing of value. I am sure I am not the only person here that is in the same boat.

Basically, what are some things we can learn to survive the collapse and also the inevitable day of the rope?

honestly basic skills come easy, hence basic skills.

to give a good answer i would suggest you not understimate yourself. that is the first step. dont count yourself out on anything.

Medical, dental and drug shit will be the most valuable if things get bad enough. However, that probably will not happen while you are young enough to be of much use. Make no mistake, if we fail it will be a war of attrition, not some huge battle. We will go softly because there are too many white cucks. If it ends up like SA then we are talking farming and such or just leaving.

HAND TOOLS.
FOOD.
HOW TO BOOKS (books as in paper ones)
Bolt actions and revolvers shotguns and reloading.
HOW TO INTO MEDICINE

i posted this quick because it almost slid.

so cont.

you have to ask yourself mostly about your environment and its advantages and its dangers.

example, a mid west city. ample area to escape to comfyville in the rurals around the city (escape to family).

invest in personal defense (weapons and ammo) to defend yourself. link up with like minded people who want to be able to survive a shtf type of situation.

to put this in persepective, my situation is a rural small town. every one knows every one, i am in comfyville USA. few worries. real worries in my area would come from the outside. So either plan to defend your property from eventual outsiders or plan to flee. Either is easy here as i know more or less every one on my street (even the crack head who forgot how to english). Most have known one another or families for generations so few worries outside of random NORK strike. That is a base assessment of my situation. your milage will very and will also make you address it differently.

Dont forget sneak and CQC. It most likely will never happen but remember to not trust anyone and be a grey man.

+1

most importantly, have hope. it is a word that few people have.

This is basically a /k/ thread.

Learn to shoot, first and foremost. Get fit. Learn some fieldcraft. You can find a billion dumbasses on Youtube showing you how to make fire and shelters innawoods. Ultimately your best asset is having a cadre of friends who are reasonably intelligent and not shitbags. If you try to survive on your own, you'll die.

>Basically, what are some things we can learn to survive the collapse and also the inevitable day of the rope?

>basic construction
>electronics
>plumbing
>riflery
>cooking
>chemistry and physics in regards to understanding water purification and many, many, many other uses
>possibly information science if you're going for the long con

While stockpiling,get practice at the gun range. If you aren't well acquainted with firearms, start with a good revolver and work you way up to semi-autos.

Keep a good bundle of cash in your home in case ATMS go on the blink. And keep gasoline on your property if gas stations go dry.

Learn how to make bombs.

Invest in a solar generator.

i gotta start selling survival courses and kits you red pillers have too much money

First Aid
Hunting
Food preparation
Sewing
Smithing could be useful, everyone would need tools
Crop tending

I am in same situation as you regarding comfy midwest town.

>I am a mid 30s guy
and you've never cracked open a history book? There wont be a civil war.

Civil wars simply dont happen in wealthy developed nations. The majority of people in this country dont care about anything other than putting food on the table and roof over their heads. The majority of people dont give 2 shits about the government or trump or antifa or blm. Go ahead and show me one example. ill wait

>inb4 multi racial hurrdurr
You shitters realize that Africa has had the most civil wars in modern times and guess what they are all niggers

What you need to learn? If things actually got bad enough that you can EXPECT to fight, you've already fucked up. Defending yourself is a completely different matter. Wait for organization before you start getting a hardon for a fight, you'll be put to better use that way.

if you are young when it happens then your brawn is what you can provide.

If you are old and still white collar office pencil and pen acquisition guy, then just hope the flash of light hits you directly. White collar office guys get fat and soft.

Producing food without synthetic inputs. Look up sare.org, Gabe Brown, Joel Salatin, and Geoff Lawton for this. Don't assume that supply chains will be left in tact, which means that food could go away, and synthetic fertilizer/pesticides/herbicides/fungicides might not be available.

Know how to butcher, cook and preserve veggies and animals. Find a source of salt in your area if possible.

Basic first aid. Even things like how to give stitches.

People will want to get crunked. Brewing and distilling (illegal, but nobody will care in a civil war.) Tobacco will be of high value, so being able to grow that. You can order actual opium poppy seeds online if you want full potency cultivars, but the poppy seeds that you get at the grocery store are the same species and might be full potency. (Eating the dried opium latex was one of the ancient world's pain killers.) Wild lettuce latex also has some psychoactive properties and can kill pain. A lot of old herbal remedies don't really cure the ailment that they're supposed to cure, but they have a psychoactive calming effect, which will lead to more bedrest. Even weed would be very valuable.

Being handy at fixing things without supply chains to get new parts.

Sweet. So i can give you some great advice.

Get "new" friends. Network with the new group and build new friendships because in a lot of ways these will be the people that you will count on but also, they will count on you as well. Buy guns and ammo from your local shop not some chain so you can build a good relationship with local people. Customer services means a lot more than a few bucks saved. It will give you the chance to come on opportunties and friendships you never saw coming. IN the end we are all in this together.

Get new hobbies. Truth is we are talking life style change. Life doesnt exist just 9 to 5. Learn to adventure and dig into it for fun and adventure.

Honestly i would just change your life and gear it more as an outdoors man. And dont look at it as "survival" look at it as learning new things and adventure (youll enjoy it more).

Also, define if you want to bug in or bug out.
Me, im the bug in type. No need to run in comfyville. If the problems are here, they are any where that I would run.

As far as SHTF events go, shouldn't you consider the history of Haiti?

I wouldn't worry about it. The odds of all of society crumbling is small - if a world war broke out with nukes, and EMPs take out all electronics, the power grid, the government, and the rest, that's not a world you want to live in, and probably won't survive no matter what your skill level is. There isn't going to be a civil war - there's going to be a race war, and it will be small pockets, around heavily populated black areas.
If you want something to take your mind off it all, take up hunting, fishing, learn to use a gun, get a gun, learn to travel on foot on all terrains, maybe buy a patch of land out in the middle of nowhere in another state, build a hunting cabin (good way to learn to use tools), and then you'll have an escape hole if shit goes down in the city, which is where the worst fighting will be. If you own a house, build a small truck garden in your backyard, learn to cultivate crops. Keep a couple of chickens, fresh eggs are awesome.
The stuff you want to learn is easy, but I don't think you'll need them. Things seem bleak, because the press is openly demonizing whites, but this will end - and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Just avoid the cities and large gatherings of black people. Get yourself some weapons - pepper spray at the very least, it's cheap on Amazon. A shot gun and shells are cheap, and I guarantee you have a range nearby to learn to use it. Put a survival kit together, like people do in earthquake zones - enough food, supplies, and meds for two to four weeks for multiple people.
And most of all relax. Society isn't in danger right now. Non-white people are. The gloves are coming off, and we WILL defend ourselves. The rumblings I'm hearing, from very liberal people on my social media is...the cracks are showing. They're not cool with the overt "get rid of white people" thing. Keep your powder dry, and again - avoid cities and large populations of black people. You'll be fine.

you have never had hobbies? wow. i pick them up and try shit out and move on in between data collection and trolling

how do you have no skill sets? you telling me you have never been bored and decided you would learn how to throw a specific object to stick into something or wanted to make something or at least watched some diy shit on youtube or reaver (assuming reaver even still exist). while you dont have hands on experience if you can remember what to do you have the instructions

>Me, im the bug in type. No need to run in comfyville. If the problems are here, they are any where that I would run.
I actually have places that I could bug out to and avoid problems. But if SHTF, I have some skills that make me valuable, should I decide to go to some of the more independent minded communities. I also know places that look like flat, shitty desert land from the areas that normies travel, but once you get back in there, they are isolated, have game and enough water for agriculture. Feels good, man.

>If you try to survive on your own, you'll die.

No nigger, if you naively trust all people after society falls to shit then you're pretty much a dead man

>I wouldn't worry about it.

>You shitters realize that Africa has had the most civil wars in modern times and guess what they are all niggers
of about 800 different tribes proving the point exactly. there are a shit ton of different subraces and ethnicities in Africa and they all hate eachother.

>Civil wars simply dont happen in wealthy developed nations
Ukraine. Yugoslavia. Spain. Germany. Ireland.
Nice try though champ. And don't try and get autistic about the details hurr durr ukraine 3rd world country.
The majority of American colonists couldn't give two shits about Tea Taxes you illiterate retard yet here we are, American citizens and not subjects of the Queen.

Also, my personal shtf plan is very straight forward. As said earlier, if its here, its every where so no need to run. It is more likely i would go off and die trying to protect or save another than by staying at home.

So my plan>
I own weapons with enough ammo to last a long time if needed.
I have the majority of tools to properly maintain said fire arms.
I fish and man can i fish! Rubber worms man, no joke.
I MUST provide for my family. That is something hard for me as the senpai is huge which is also why im not a bug out. hard to move with tons of kiddos. They are not a liability though, they push me on to do my best and why i am planning ahead.
I am handy as in can repair a lot of stuff from cars to pcs to light home work.
When i combine my skills and knowledge with my friends not much we couldnt accomplish.

Your only skill set is posting lame memes on the internet, I see. If this is the best you can do - well, you're the type who will die first, because you'll be swarmed by a pack of feral niggers in a chimp out, sniveling about "DUH JOOZ".

And I'll be the first to laugh my ass off at you.

try to learn farming. if you have a back yard grow some potatoes like Dan Quale.

Or you could learn electronics and repair, but everything is SMD now, so its a bit. If you want to really get into this, tomorow go to a good will store or salvation army store and buy an old electrinic device- an 80s booom box, a stereo, a broken tv- tube or flat screen and fix it.

Check out the EEEblog- lots of techniques on repair etc.

I'm an electronic repairmen- tv/appliances/old and new radios and computers. cehck out the mac repair guy for additional info.

>Being handy at fixing things without supply chains to get new parts.

This here is big.

Learn how to handle a firearm
Learn some basic survival/outdoorsman skills
Learn how to farm

desu, where i am if the problems are at my home, it is bad every where. I can totally see if you are in an area where you can get totally off grid and escape to a wonder land, i would probably do that in my shoes. i have plenty of reasons to not bug out so definitely keep in mind your surroundings. (i literally have enough food out my back door to feed thousands)

Oh, god, another Sup Forums expert, because he read a book. LOL.

There isn't going to be a civil war, you dumb fucking faggot. We're going to have race riots like in the 60's, it's already started.

BTW: did you know that the red states have the most likely targets in an all out exchange?

NY and Cali are symbolic, but the big targets are sold red: montana and tex.

How do you go about learning skills like these in a nannystate like australia? Guns are out of the question and we can only own weapons if we prove they are for a legal purpose (hacksaw if you work as a carpenter for example). Should I make a stash of improvised weapons and bury them or something?

How many whites were with them then vs now? And don't forget the browns will come out in support. And the trannys. And the gays. It's not just a race riot dildo.

No, m8. This time is different. $20T in government debt, and at least another $40T (probably more) in private debt, plus unfunded liabilities that number in the hundreds of trillions. What this boils down to is a bunch of people not getting a bunch of shit that they were promised. We could last until the early 2020s, but there is a very good chance that the next financial crisis will be a dollar crisis. Do you remember what happened when EBT went down a few years ago for a few hours? Picture those people when it is permanently.

The skill to flee your homeland?

>of about 800 different tribes
now tribes = race?

>Ukraine. Yugoslavia. Spain. Germany. Ireland.
>Wealthy nations developed nations

pick one faggot at the times of these wars those countries were piss poor

honestly i dont know but improvised is better than nothing. also, you have to remember most people really just want left alone. so the truth is to avoid the rabble rousers.

Who is she?

>2008
nothing happened

>panic of pick a year
nothing happened

>great fucking depression
no civil war here

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:488eb9134190440bbf1e77929754321c85a24c72&dn=The%20All-Embracing%20Library&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337
check this

Corporatism is shown to be dying, it is a system that has exhausted itself, next collapse will be fatal

>fopen in link
Not gonna open

>Conformation bias
OK, smart guy, how is all of that debt going to get paid off? How are those unfunded liabilities like Social Security going to get funded? Where is the money going to come from, considering that the M2 money supply is $13.6T? $60T in debt, plus hundreds of trillions of unfunded liabilities - how is it getting serviced?

Remember Snake, this is a sneaking mission.

Is biology a real science? Do genes actually exist? I don't want to become a nazi/racist or something. But I am 12 and what's a race? Does IQ really exist? Also, how come it's illegal to learn this stuff?

You and me both brother. If i could learn one skill it would be how to build/fix cars. That could be the most valuable skill to have in a massive upheaval.

have comfy house to drive to Utah. Two fast cars two weeks rations in cars 500 ft of rope 5 fire arms Run flats on both I'll be like mad max stealing gas in Vegas with my lady driving back up vehicle we'll get there in 11 hours. It's gonna get crazy. I hope we make it. Or I hunker down here and take back the west coast one street at a time.

mostly true as many are too poor to afford weapons and those that do are comfy with wives and children. but there is a lot of single men growing with hatred d

Take a conceal carry class.

Government debt has fuck-all to do with what's happening, you fucking cunt.
ALL of this is social. It's blacks vs. white, LGBQTEDBDG vs. white, it's the media demonizing anyone who doesn't lockstep with liberals as nazis, this isn't a civil war, it's an attempt at a diaspora on conservatives and whites. This is Soros trying to engineer civil strife to get power back.
But you keep babbling about national debt, like it has fuck all to do with Black Lives Matter, you incredible fucking spastic.

Learn to use a rope or a belt.

Because it is unsustainable, and it is going to blow up in our face, and people who have been promised all sorts of free shit from the government aren't going to get it, and they're going to be pissed. Wages have been stagnant for the vast majority of the country.
People are already feeling the financial pressure, which makes them more likely to act out. Slap whatever ideology you want on it, but in the end, people who are financially sound are less likely to act out, and you have a lot of Americans living paycheck to paycheck. How many people are on food stamps? Over 40 million. If you think it is unrelated, you are the fucking moron.

>mid 30s
>Still larping on pol
>Still using Sup Forums

Kill yourself my man.

And furthermore, you cannot answer how all of that debt - more than just government debt, i.e. private and corporate debt that is crushing people - is going to get paid back. I'll tell you how it's going to get paid back: It's not.

I'd be completely fucked in any scenario, because my only skills include: Cooking, growing a shit load of crops, having a brain, being able to fight in hand-to-hand combat. Thats it. I cannot aim a semi-automatic or just an automatic for the life of me. The closest thing I'll get is a fucking colt or a revolver of some sorts

Also would be fucked because I have type one diabetes. Didnt think about that one.

I dont care how it's going to be paid back, it has fuck all to do with what happened this weekend, you fucking dense cunt.

Sperging does not make you right, shithead.

I grew up on a farm and am a baker. Me and mine will be fine. Can't wait for all the raping and pillaging!

Lots of guns bro and explosives

Knot tying & lashing