Who here has parents pay for their university?

Sup Sup Forums. So basically in NZ apparently the median debt students graduate with is ~18K. In contrast when I was studying overseas (I was born in Papua New Guinea) my private school tuition was around 28 000NZD per year.

Now I realise after moving back to NZ I'm part of the

>get one chance at life
>(I was born in Papua New Guinea)

F

The price you must pay when your parents are highly skilled expatriate workers I guess...

If you're from PNG I bet the government pays and you don't want to tell Sup Forums.

Yeah, don't feel smug.

>PNG
>Subsidising anything
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA lol no you think a third world shithole will pay? Those fuckers can't even fund a HIV prevention clinic. Nope. 100% sure parents pay for everything.

If you cant afford university you shouldn't be on one, your mommy money doesn't counts btw

>So what elite college did this candidate graduate from?
>New Zeala-
>*bins resume*

You don't understand. It's not about finances, it's about love. The logic is they invest greatly in me and in return I take care of them fully in their old age and become successful as they have.

Shut the fuck up. Canada is literally no different from New Zealand. We're both equally pathetic on the world stage

Lol I'm about to finish my last (((Creative Media Production))) degree and have accumulated $55,000 in debt. Every single day I think about killing myself.

*my last year

How does one go into that much? You're a citizen right?

Wow. Did you just not think about the future? What was going through your head picking that major?

>private school tuition
>28000 NZD

That's 20,000 USD, that's state school money

I go to private uni and it is 65,000 USD a year which is 89,000 in your money

My parents paid my tuition.But taking into account that it was in Romania, it counts and costs less than a Mississippi clown college.
Managed to get a decent job though.

my parents are helping me pay back my 30k debt from just graduating. I don't know of any parent who would essentially force their children to college (by reinforcing that it is the right and only option my your whole life) and then not help pay the payments.

McGill is world renowned. Dalhousie has a few departments anyone in the field will recognize

I guess NZ probably has some good agricultural colleges though

what a retarded idea.
pretty much only oldfags will be able to get into college

and the universities profit on that love while people with no parents will hardly have access to an university. prices wouldn't be ridiculously expensive if rich parents couldnt pay for their sons education.

exactly the problem with college

a paper is ~740 to ~850 (For engineering) NZD. My fee this year was $5856. If you have a good job, you can easily pay back that median of K18. Otherwise it's literally peanut money in the grand scheme of things

>What was going through your head?
Obviously not very much

I have a mixture of college fund from my parents as well as scholarships.

Had ~40k in college savings, my scholarships cover my tuition 100% and I have several grants as well.

People who go to college without enough merit to earn scholarships shouldnt be going IMO

Poor goy taxpayers payed for my tuition

I dunno. I get pretty all right grades but since it's not engineering (Christchurch is an engineering university) they don't give out scholarships like hotcakes.

Fuck me sideways you're richer than me

Technically taxpayers are subsidizing me as well. The only difference is I don't have to pay back the government

i wouldnt say your spoiled m8

parents should pay for their kids college, you just have good parents - thats all

>implying I need mommy money
The taxpayer takes care of the costs for my university education and I already have a job in the public sector lined up.

You are like little baby.

I had my parents pay in full not just for my undergrad degree but a second undergrad degree because I failed my first one.

The first one cost 3K per year for tuition and the second one cost 9 K per year.
So my mum paid 36K GBP plus living expenses.

>People who go to college without enough merit to earn scholarships shouldnt be going IMO

how retarded are you, really?

The concept "parents should pay for their kids college" is just so foreign here that honestly if anyone asks I feel ashamed to say it. It's just "student loans" is the norm term and usually saying otherwise indicates "international student" which I am not.

>*someone pays more tuition than him*
>Fuck me sideways you're richer than me

so you made this thread just to talk about how rich paying tuition makes you? paying money doesn't make you rich, it makes you less rich.

unless you want to give me $10k? it'll make you rich bro.

you are an incorrigible faggot.

Yeah. That's why I really love my parents and want to take care of them. They're like my #1 priority in life

>Be rich German
>Gibs free college tuition
>Gibs job in government
>Meanwhile the unemployment rate in southern europe is 25% because the Germans raped their economies
Merkel succeeded where Hitler failed

you must be at least 18 years old to post on Sup Forums.

Well the fact that he can pay that much shows how much disposable income he has. If it were me, my family would consider other options. I could afford going to a private school but went to public one because the education was just as good. When we can save money, we will.

C'mon man, does someone immediately stop loving their parents after 18 in the states or something?

>Well the fact that he can pay that much shows how much disposable income he has. If it were me, my family would consider other options. I could afford going to a private school but went to public one because the education was just as good. When we can save money, we will.

you do realize your ID (9aAts9bD) tells me that "he" is actually "you", right?

holy shit you are even gayer than i thought possible

>you must be 18 year old to post cute things and love your parents

???
I'm referring to this guy

>Be me
>Go to Shoreline community college for free for two years
>Save up shit tons of money living with parents in shitty bungalow
>Transfer to University of Washington comp sci for last 2 years at $12,500 per year.
>Pay cash up front for tuition both years
>Offered $90k/year job at Amazon before graduating
If you have tons of debt after graduating college you are probably a retard. A few exceptions apply but most people complaining about college debt did semesters abroad, lived in residence even though their parents were local, or otherwise behaved in a retarded manner

I know, it's great. Only the taxes could be a bit smaller, but I will claim deductions for "taking care of a family member".

Me