Germans and Bicycles

Why do Germans act as if a bicycle is an actual road vehicle? I honeslty can't wrap my head around it. Needless to say that pretty much all of them wear a helmet.
My question: Is it like that in other countries too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8OByPf1fTZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because we are the master race you subhuman amerishit

Get the fuck out of my country if you don't like ordnung.

Without us Germans, the world would plunge into another dark age.

WE are the bearers of civilization.

WE are the master race.

No. It's because Germany went full retard.

So it's just autism? Or do you grow up thinking that acting this way with bicycles is the correct way to do because youve been told that all of your life?
Stop wearing "special bike sports clothing" and a fucking helmet. It's a fucking Fahrad.

>Why do Germans
t.Achmed

those fags come here on their mountain and racebikes with the same faggy helmets being painfully slow and look like absolute betas kek

you do not wear a fucking helmet when you skateboard, ride a bike, motorcycle or rollerskate you fucking betas. if you break your skull just by smashing into the concrete at 40+ km/h you deserve to fucking die with your weak as fuck genes you fucking sauerkraut munching fags

because it is.
stop being retarded

Nah i'm just not a literal government robot following every single rule like a good goy.
Wearing this shirt at work for example. Not a single german would have the balls to do even something as simple as that because it would alter their perception of realitu and their "planned to the second" daily routine.
Also stop getting drunk and scream and puke every single saturday night. We get it, you are drunk. The whole town doesnt need to know.
And who are you kidding. You never shot with a gun.

>Fahrad
Fahrrad
Fahr•rad = bicycle, cycle, bike
> Achmed go to the integration course moron

shut the fuck up, there arent enough bicycles in germany

You drive a fuckin Diesel, right OP?
F A G G O T

>Being unsafe for no reason is alpha.

So it's literally just a German thing. I thought at least the neighboring countries would do that, too.

It's fine, a sign that people respect each other. Your german country now with no immigration (basically an ethnostate) would be paradise.

I only speak 4 languages my dude. Sorry.

Yes here there are fagt cyclists who act like road vehicles though we tend to call them suicyclists because often they do something incredibly stupid and you almost run them over.

There are hyper liberals here who got rid of the bike helmet laws because 'it prevents people from riding a bike' though everybody I work with who rides a bike into the office has face planted on a pothole in the road or been hit by a car, and told me the helmet pretty much saved their life.

It would litetally be Faggotdise. You censor maniacs.

>tfw I ride my bike in the city faster than cars
stay jelly fatasses

This basically. Not only do they ride at 20 km/h, they have to sense of superiority that we are obligated to drive at 20km/h too and wait for them. I had a faggot biker once telling me to move away, with my car, so he can get in front of me. The thing is, the sidewalk was literally next to him, and free. He refused to get on the side walk to get in front of me, because that would go against everything that he stands for.

a sense*

>liberals advocate for liberty
>you don't like this

I don't get it.

I cycle everywhere and I never understood why a biker would want to ride in the middle of the fucking road like an asshole. There's a shoulder 9/10 times or a sidewalk, unless you're motorized stay off the goddamned road. We're slower and not protected against collision, it's on us to stay out of the way. Also signal drivers when you're gonna turn, they can't tell what you're thinking ffs.

Thank you.

This thread made me remember that my school made me go to some weird bycicle parkour as a kid. It was basically a miniature version of real streets with stoplights, zebra crossing, traffic signs etc.

>look it up
>see this

Germs are mental slaves

They dont have agency and sheepishly follow whatever some rich fat fucks wrote and passed trough their corrupt friend aka (((law)))

So when the hkverment says you cant drive one the sidewalk and wear a helmet they do it.

I for one constantly get harrassed by germs for riding on the sidewalk and was even stopped by the police and had to pay a fine.

Fuck germs.
Literal robots with autism as OS

ahahahahhaha

Seeing the behavior of some cyclists I can understand why we get a bad rep, some get so overzealous with the activity that they end up inconveniencing others. The only time I've ever been in the road was in Chicago where there are some dedicated bike lanes between regular traffic lanes, it was fucking unsettling and I can't imagine the thought process behind it, much better to ride the side.

Is this quintessentially German now?

>You must be 18 years of age to post

>audi tt

It's becoming a thing in Brazil. At least in the richer parts of the country, that is. People who can't afford cars (so poor people and young people) are really shifting from public transport to bikes, as it's generally faster than taking traffic and is already exercise. Larger cities are really trying to expand cycling infrastructure, often to the detriment of car lanes.

I see it as a good shift desu. It's cleaner, cheaper, and good from a public health perspective.

Worse. At here, these future organ donors ignoring traffic lights.

i do this too, nothing wrong with this
also not related to politics

sage

its the same in canukistan, the road conditions are even worse here with fractured incomplete bicycle lanes or none at all. Trucks will drive right next to you, won't care if you get run over.

Jews just want people who use alternative transportation to die and force everyone to use cars which need to be insured and costs thousands a month to upkeep. We all need to be a part of the system. No alternatives!

Use /n/ for this shit and not Sup Forums

According to German road laws bicycles are "vehicles" and therefor have to be driven on the road or special bike lanes. You are generally not allowed to drive on the sidewalk unless for example you are under the age of 12.

Because quite sadly, they lack the infrastructure of separated bike lanes running parallel to the main road.

and you see nothing wrong with that?

lol. I lived in your country for years and I was riding my bike drunk and without a helmet.
Some policeman told me to stop and asked me if I had anything to drink
"of course, this is Germany. Why else do you think I'm riding my bike!"
He kind of chuckled and said I could be convicted of a dui for RIDING MY BICYCLE DRUNK. He said also I can get a ticket for riding without a helmet.
Nice guy though, I did the "oh man I had no idea I'm so sorry I'll never do it again" defense and he let me go so long as I promised to walk my bike home.

Still... getting a DUI for riding your bike really scared me. Explain to me the logic of this, I'm only a threat to myself at that point and it's my damn fault if I get injured, right?

>dedicated bike lane on shoulder of road
I like it

>Nigburgring

>Why do Germans
I bet it's "Ordnung"

Literally next post: "Get the fuck out of my country if you don't like ordnung."

Never change Hans you scatlogically obsessed rule and law observer you!

its dangerous to ride on the sidewalk because cars overlook cyclefags easily

you're a fucking tanned german

>I'm only a threat to myself at that point and it's my damn fault if I get injured, right?
what if a car hits and kills you? the car will be trashed, the driver will have to live with having killed someone, someone is going to have to clean up your fat ass mess

You could easily hurt passerbys or other cyclists. Also you could cause an accident involving a car.

Least but not least: VERBOTEN!

Can't tell if you're either a chubby chick with no tits or a very feminine boy.

Either way, gas yourself, Fritz

What should be wrong with using the road as intended?

You can't get a ticket for riding without a helmet, but you can get a ticket for driving under the influence.

Mein Herz weint

Autism.

Und meins lacht. Die behandeln die so als wären das Grundschulkinder.

wait so he was taking the piss out of me?
damn polizei... never know when they're being serious. Too much ordnung to follow!

Makes sense, I forget you're not supposed to drive on the sidewalk though.

??? did you read what you just wrote?

They also have special paths on sidewalks and will come whizzing by and mow you down while acting like its your fault. Savage rhine monkeys.

Du wirst doch von Politikern genauso behandelt du Affe.

cutest tanned girl in bavaria

>making them wear hair nets so they can actually reuse the helmets

hes right tho.

No. In America we don't wait in line at lights like fucking retards.

Can't say for rest of the U.S.A., but in Hawaii bicyclists are either super safe or retarded.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground

We have bike roads in Canada

look how happy those poor child refugees are

That is the law here, too. But they pay no attention to it. Where I live several pedestrians have been killed by cyclists. But they are doing almost nothing to stop it. They go through every stop sign and right through crosswalks with pedestrians in them. They use the wheelchair cut ins at the intersections like launch pads onto the sidewalk. They do not care where the pedestrian is on the sidewalk. Where there are bike lanes, they just fly down the sidewalk so they won't have to stop at the stop signs at the end of the block. It's crazy.

Dann geh doch selbst in die Politik, wenn dich was stört.

Disgusting.

Excuse me, could you possibly explain why cyclists are in a fantasy world where pedestrians just do not exist?

>Makes sense, I forget you're not supposed to drive on the sidewalk though.

Most people here seem to do this though and police doesn't seem to bother. But they also don't mind jaywalking, this is highly unusual in Germany. Because there is never enough ordnung and regeln to abide.

In Germany as other people posted, there's a bike lane and pedestrians are very good about not getting in there or moving out of the way if a biker shows up.

"steh bei rot, geh bei grun!"
I love your little phrases to help follow ordnung though. It makes learning the language and customs pretty fun.
And driving on sidewalk was preferable to street anyway like as a driver I know how much of a fucking nuisance idiot cyclists are so I just thought its more courteous to be on the sidewalk anyway

leave it to germans to discuss bicycle traffic laws on pol

The attitude is just disgusting, sorry. But why do pedestrians have to get out of the cyclist's way? Why do pedestrians have to freeze in the middle of the street in the crosswalk while a peloton of cyclists flies right through the stop sign, right past the cars stopped for the pedestrian, forcing the pedestrian to stand in the middle of the street while they fly by? I know cyclist utopia is a world where the pedestrians all bow down to cyclists, but it is really disgusting.
Some guy on a shared hiking, cyclist trail got pissed because some old lady did not get out of "his way," threw her down the side of the trail, stole her cell phone and left her lying there alone with broken ribs and other injuries.
Cyclists are going to have to learn to stop for pedestrians, not vice versa.
Nobody really likes them.

How in the fuck did they manage to steal even the helments with the bikes ?
Im glad that the cops got them, but fuck me, they got some nerve.

>be German
>take all our bikes
>use them like this

Christ Hans if you're going to be retarded about it might as well return them.

Its like that in united states too

it's like that all over europe.

i always occupy bike boxes just to make them mad.

It's the same thing in Norway. It pisses off anyone that drives an actual vehicle, because those retards are slow, block traffic and act obnoxious about riding a bike.

It's so bad that the government had to run a "share the road" campaign for the last 10-15 years to prevent road rage.

Fuck bicycles.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

>Suicide cyclists

I have lived in Tokyo for 5 years, everyone cycled on the sidewalk. There are way more people on the sidewalk in Tokyo than in any western city and nobody had a problem with it. When it rained i rode with umbrella in one hand going full speed , I even rode extremely drunk once with an umbrella but never hit anything. You have to be absoloute careless retard to hit someone. Same with drivers hitting cyclists. Cyclists are really just faster pedesterains, there should be no problem for cars to see them coming.

Then i come back to canada and they tell you riding on a sidewalk devoid of people is illegal. Its laughable. Saying that riding on a sidewalk is dangerous is clearly an overblown jewish scheme to force cyclists on the road and make them feel weaker and discourage riding altoegther so your forced to use a car which costs tons of money.

It boggles my mind sometimes that we manage to avoid such problems here despite being so densely populated.
The closest thing that happens here is finding yourself behind a tractor on the road.

ja nä die zwei Hirnis haben bestimmt Plan. haha

They're fucking losers who have nothing else. 11yr olds ride bicycles.

>Needless to say that pretty much all of them wear a helmet
Only niggers don't wear helmets.

Becouse it is a road vehicle you tard. If you buy a bike you must know all the rules of driving.

That is total BS. You are not fast pedestrians. You are driving a vehicle. If you were travelling by foot you would be a pedestrian. This is why pedestrians do not like you. You claim complete nonsense.

Typical example of what you're likely to find.

Note that these fuckers have a top speed of 70 km/h (which equates to 43.5 mp/h) under ideal conditions, but they generally only do half of that.

This means that every time one of these fuckers are on a highway or whatever, there is always a huge line of cars behind them. They are also cycling 2-3 people next to each other, making it nearly impossible to pass them without risking the lives of them, yourself and anyone you meet in traffic driving the opposite way.

Simple solution, run those fucking bikes off to the side of the road.

nice proxy

youtube.com/watch?v=8OByPf1fTZ0

I've pictured doing this in my mind countless times..

but these spandex missiles go over the speed of light, dont care about the rules and they are silent so you cant even hear them coming.

>They are also cycling 2-3 people next to each other, making it nearly impossible to pass them without risking the lives of them, yourself
>he can't over take something the width of a standard car going only 20 or 30mph
You're a bad driver, bud.

heh, checked

Because they are. The law actually says that when there is no extra bike line on the pavement that you should drive with your bike on the road instead. Most people don't do this (or know this) of course so police officers don't give a shit and don't enforce this rule.

he means taking the space on the whole lane nigga,
if you do this shit here you get run over or at the very least furiously honked to

Most countries class bicycles as road vehicles and they have to follow the same laws as a car does. Thing is, most police just don't give a fuck because it's stupid and a waste of time to enforce these laws.

UK: Worst cycle paths in the universe, LITERALLY SHAKING from the road surface, you and everyone else has a £800+ bike, rides in the road at 20+mph sprint speeds at all times, gets extremely wet and doesn't stop for any reason... ever. Oh and you'll get nearly killed by vans at least 3 times a week

""European"" places like Barcelona have cycle paths all over the place but everyone has a really shit bike and never exceeds 8mph. You're gonna kill somebody doing UK style cycling

not sure which I prefer. But I never met a sane German so OP's story checks out

t. London cyclist

We get such people too, they're rude and annoying. If they wear such silly suits and helmets, they're guaranteed to yell and pick a fight with you.

Just know that bike commuters here are completely unlike the racers.

>don't ride in the gutter where every bit of crap gets swept and where it encourages people to pass too closely
>make """""white""""" people angry because they can't safely overtake a slow moving vehicle