Trump should legalize marijuana to pacify the Left

Trump should legalize marijuana to pacify the Left.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930618/
apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain.aspx
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He should but he's not going to.

It's actually a pretty good strategy to do things the left wants as a right wing party, which is why the liberal party here is pushing gay marriage.

At the moment, confusing the left is our best strategy. We must get them to realise they're wrong and that their ideas don't make sense.

You dont shoot your wad this early. Legalization is a gaurentee of a second term though,

Litterally the ONLY way he gets re-elected.

If he does, there'll be a million Buzzfeed/Salon articles the next day about how Weed is the worst thing in the world, citing the same types of evidence they used to decry.

REMINDER THAT IF YOU BLAZE LE DUDE 420 YOU ARE ***NOT*** BASED.
(((WEED))) is STRICTLY degenerate.

>pacify the left
???
if he legalized weed, there would be an article on every left wing news outlet, "Trump legalizes weed. Here's why its not enough:" by (insert female minority, or jew name).

fuck that. weed's degenerate.

bring back the lsd.

Don't confuse (((420 culture))) with weed.

This. Stoners are the problem not the plant

Tbqh this is the next best argument I´ve heard for legalizing. I am for legal growing of hemp for the uses it has and how it would relieve deforestation. But of course the smoking is too degenerate and PFC damaging to allow.
This argument though, this is strong.

By pacify, I mean literally pacify. As in, they will stay inside, smoke all day and hopefully shut the fuck up.

weed cures cancer so yeahn

It would be a very smart move on his part. Plus hemp is part of America's history. Wasn't the first american flag made from hemp?

yep

daily reminder that if you're under 25 and you smoke weed on a regular basis, you're effectively lobotomizing yourself. if he legalizes for political reasons, fine. but it doesn't mean you have to start using it or keep using it.

I can't wait till Electric Fence Pence starts shock therapy on you dopeheads along with gay people

Sessions would go ape-shit over apes getting high all the time.

Except actually research has shown that weed expands the mind and the fact that more people smoke it now than every before in history is why so many people have woken up to the Republican Matrix.

I agree with this, but he should wait until closer to the end of his term. It won't happen though, because something like that has to go through congress, and there is a 0% chance of the GOP ever voting for it.

Nixon smoked a blunt and acted wild that's why watergate happened baka

If he does the left will find a way to demonize pot

What are you kidding? WEED MAKES YOU SMARTER!!! not like a brainlet like you would understand. you're just mad that you don't have friends to smoke with

>Apes get high anyway
>States don't get tax money from legal weed

Legalizing weed is one of the best current moves the government could make, the only thing stopping it is DEA shills and police unions who would lose funding if it became legal. Big Pharma is also in there, can't have people treating chronic pain without opiates, only a bad goy would ever use marijuana

That would be awesome!

It would win over lots of middle ground folks and some on the right as well.

>you're effectively lobotomizing yourself
the left already believe that women can have penises so what's the difference?
Liberalism already does more harm than any illegal drug can

>can't have people treating chronic pain without opiates, only a bad goy would ever use marijuana

why not use CBD oil for pain treatment? it's more effective, and it doesn't get you stoned. i mean, you wouldn't just claim to be smoking weed medicinally as a pretext for getting high, would you? people wouldn't do that....right?

That looks like some good bud. What's the strain called?

>lefties believe retarded shit
>better wreck my brain through drug use, that'll show them

you're better than this, user.

It would give him a good excuse to do away with Jeff Sessions and put a more loyal supporter in charge of the justice department.

Retards who can't handle their subconscious shouldn't smoke weed regularly. I smoke every day and I'm the top performer at my work, have a functional "healthy" life etc. Also as stated before in the thread smoking=/=DUDE 420 LMAO culture.

It should be legalized and regulated like alcohol, keep it inside and don't drive after you smoke.
Think of all the young budding capitalists who would make money hand over fist putting in work, and think of all the leftist stoners who will happily pay good money to smoke weed and stay at home instead of protesting.

Definitely a heavy indica. Northern Lights is my guess.

it's not about the culture surrounding weed use (though it is highly cancerous, don't get me wrong), smoking weed habitually while your brain is still developing (roughly the age of 25) is...detrimental, to say the least. this is well established through scientific study. your anecdote means nothing.

Make it So.

Lol, pacify the left. Has that ever worked? The left can only be "pacified" with bullets.

Legalization is a smart move for a new industrial era.

It's like giving alcohol to Native Americans.

Nope. Everybody wins when it comes to pot legalization. I doubt the far left is that retarded but honestly i might be wrong

You're the actual retard for believing weed actually harms your brain, idiot

>highly cancerous
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHkysHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>legalization of marijuana
>The American Citizen Pledge (a concept similar to basic income)
>pic realted

Everyone is different. Your cherrypicked studies mean just as little as my anecdote. You're a weakminded pussy who is too afraid to delve into his own mindspace and with good reason. You should stay out.

>You're the actual retard for believing weed actually harms your brain, idiot

yeah, i'm sure you've studied the subject rigorously and arrived at an unbiased conclusion yourself. it's funny, i guarantee you have no issue citing scientific studies if they show the benefits of weed, but any study suggesting any harmful effects elicits a complete breakdown from the stoner, they'll just stick their fingers in their ears and obstinately refuse to listen.

>Your cherrypicked studies mean just as little as my anecdote

no, my studies mean more than your anecdote. that's why we bother with studies.

>You're a weakminded pussy

yeah because it takes a real firm, strong mind to handle weed, amirite? not like its commonly regarded as babby's first drug or anything.

>it's babbys first drug!
>but it causes major issues!
Make up your mind,

why would one preclude the other? it's a cheap, easy to produce drug that you can't overdose on. it's the drug most kids experiment with first. it also has harmful effects on the adolescent brain. i don't understand why these things are contradictory in your mind (oh wait, yeah i do - because you're probably a braindead stoner).

Weed is for losers

>it also has harmful effects on the adolescent brain
You say that as if it's 100% of the time or something and not just in certain instances.
>ur just a dumb stoner!
Suck my dick, you seem like a little pansy straight edge kid. I've moved beyond your level.

He's not going to.

And even if he did, he might still think he's a racist, sexist Cheeto.

My American Hero Thomas Jefferson loved weed and so do I.

fuck off nigger

Quit LARPing The Office, user.

that's what the obamafags said
pigs and private prisons make too much off marijuana being illegal

The Republican party left me when it allowed Trump to hijack the nomination. I've always been a fiscal conservative, but now I'm realizing that for most social causes I just really don't give a shit one way or the other (marriage, marijuana, abortion, immigration, etc.)

Immigration? If corporations have you laser focused on the border, then I guess you wont be poking your noise in the H1B visa program.

I work in IT for a Fortune 500 company. When they hired 40 "engineers" from India at $36,000 a year to replace all the senior American engineers, I didn't complain about training my replacement, in fact I calmly inquired ( as any real engineer would ) what the backout plan was. So they put me in charge of the H1B disaster plan. Sure enough, 4 years later, the company lost hundreds of customers, tens of millions of dollars in lost contracts, institutional knowledge was gone for ever, many of the original the Indians hired left for other jobs and we were force to drop several lucrative sunk-cost cash-cow product lines because of the loss of the priceless talent that created those products.

Short-sighted CEOs. Penny wise and pound foolish.

So fuck off alt-rightie extremists, you were far more trouble than you were ever worth.

>He should but he's not going to.
it looks like he's going to,

>Litterally the ONLY way he gets re-elected.
if we are at war he will get elected again

>(((WEED))) is STRICTLY degenerate.
strongly agree

>You say that as if it's 100% of the time or something and not just in certain instances.

i mean of course it's not "100% of the time", there are several variables at play - age when you started smoking, how often you smoked, probably a genetic factor, etc. but it's not really disputed among the scientific community that habitual/regular weed use is harmful to the adolescent brain, no matter how mad that fact makes you.

>I've moved beyond your level.

yeah man you're real hardcore for smoking weed lel, everyone look at the tough guy over here. also, for what its worth, i've been around the block a time or two. i was probably dabbing when you were still in middle school, mr. macho man.

>Don't confuse (((420 culture))) with weed.
dude thats the funniest shit about 420 culture, you can say 420 blaze it and people think you're talking about weed when you're talking about firing up the crematorium on Hitler's birthday

>It's just like vietnam, we got everyone so busy with LSD that they never got too strong. Kept the war functioning just fine. It's easy. We got our college kids so interested in beer, they won't even care if we start manufacturing germ bombs again! Could put a nuclear stockpile in their backyard and they won't even know what it looks like.

>i was probably dabbing
disgusting degeneracy

>Could put a nuclear stockpile in their backyard and they won't even know what it looks like.
those are easy to test for

Are you guys dumb? Do you not see how people are controlled through this? What happened with legalization of gay marriage? Obama held off for YEARS and wouldn't do it. Then all of the sudden he drops legalizes it, people are happy and feel like they've united and won. Then everyone forgets about it, finds something else to unite in and the cycle continues. Same thing will happen with Marijuana. Colorado makes huge revenue off of marijuana tax. States almost can't afford to.

>Posts picture of a hemp farmer
>Agrees its degenerate

You are dumb as fuck aren't you?

you don't have to convince me, i watched close friends turn themselves into sluggish zombies with that shit. started off taking one or two dabs per night, after a while it would turn into one or two per hour.

Are there parts of the country that still automatically arrest for small possession? I live in a purple state with only medical, and unless you have a fuck ton or dealing, cops just take it away usually.

>Smoke frequently
>STEM major at a Top 5 research university
Go fuck yourself

>to pacify the Left
No. It should just be legal.

>t. Psychology major at Berkley

yet, you never make that same argument about alcohol which is far more dangerous and degenerate. cognitive dissonance much, moralfags?

>if we are at war
>I want more Americans to die for Israel so a talk show host sex offender can keep fucking cucking me by being president
Are you sure you aren't the one smoking weed here my dude?

So? I see people at the grocery store with 10 48 packs of Coca Cola. Part of why I voted for a sugar tax in my city... Now these diabetics help pay for research for their own conditions.

>muh anecdote

i see that college education is really paying off. for your sake i hope you didn't take out any loans.

Virginia still fuckin arrests you

So is masturbating to underage anime girls but here you are.

>Everyone who smokes is a degenerate!

>But I smoke and I'm a successful grad

> i see your college education is paying off.. heh..

Are you retarded? I hope you don't smoke any weed

>Everyone who smokes is a degenerate!

yeah, i didn't say that. lay off the weed and you might not need to really on strawmen.

>really

rely*

>Smoking, drinking, eating anything unhealthy, and anything else fun is degeneracy.
Why do so many anons fall into this purity spiraling bullshit?

Well I wouldn't really on strawmen (whatever that means) if you weren't calling examples of you being wrong "anecdotal"

>yeah, i didn't say that. lay off the weed and you might not need to really on strawmen.

Piping in on a conversation in defense of one of the arguments makes you party to the argument. Jesus christ.

This. is the equivalent of someone saying "do coke regularly, have 3.7 in finance at Harvard, proof we need cocaine legalization."

>strawmen (whatever that means)

look at the brainlet over here. never even heard the term "strawman argument" before? are you in highschool by any chance?

>if you weren't calling examples of you being wrong "anecdotal"

...do you even know what an anecdote is? holy shit, you're digging yourself into a deep hole here buddy.

There is no pacifying the Left, but legalizing pot would be fine with me.

>Piping in on a conversation in defense of one of the arguments makes you party to the argument. Jesus christ.

no it doesn't. i didn't pipe in to defend the argument that anyone who smokes is a degenerate. my only real argument ITT has been that habitual adolescent weed use is harmful. and look how bootyblasted the stoner brigade got about that.

Kek i would pay to see this

Try Comp Eng, but I'm a Philosophy double major too ;^) if I stay for an extra semester I could even pick up a math degree for the laughs.

>He's not on scholarship
Lmao

Also, you do realize that it doesn't really matter if I'm using anecdotes when your original argument has no sources backing it up. Why the fuck are you allowed to use shit tier reasoning but I'm not?

>when your original argument has no sources backing it up

i mean, yeah i did post sources earlier in the thread but okay.

i can spend 2 minutes finding more if you're not satisfied with those.

>Try Comp Eng, but I'm a Philosophy double major too ;^) if I stay for an extra semester I could even pick up a math degree for the laughs.
Dang, you proved me wrong.A philosopher, a engineer, and a mathematician!! Sup Forums is where all the elite and geniuses come to stroke themselves over their immense success.!

i guess i'll just drop the ole copypasta while i'm at it

>Weed raises Estrogen levels:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

>Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

>Weed Causes Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947

>Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/

>Weed Is Addictive:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:

>Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

It's pretty obvious that marijuana is bad for your health. My memory has gone to shit since I've started smoking, and if I don't smoke for a few weeks to a month it's obvious how it effects my body and mind. That being said, it's a pick and choose. I can still function perfectly fine when I'm high, I just say stupid shit and don't pay attention some times.

>Weed Causes Psychotic Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/

>Children of Fathers that Smoke Weed More Likely To Suffer Sudden Infant Death Syndrome:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841

>Weed Legalisation Results In More Frequent Use:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562

>Weed Causes Lung Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633

>Secondhand Weed Smoke Impairs Psychomotor Function And Working Memory:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/

>Weed Worsens Symptoms Of Social Anxiety Disorder:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/

>Weed Causes Deficits In Dopamine Release:
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html

>Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:

Weeds great, I use it for everything. I smoke it, eat it, grow it, rub it on mu skin, drink it, take it as a pill, use its fibers for rope and clothing, use it for my shampoo and soap, vape it, make concentrates out of it, you name it

Fuck anyone that wants to ban this shit. The productive capacity alone is outstanding. The biggest market is going to be senior cotizen baby boomers, many have already switched from opioid painkillers to cbd based medicines and have not turned back.

Don't like it? Don't smoke it. Now fuck off

>Weeds great, I use it for everything. I smoke it, eat it, grow it, rub it on mu skin, drink it, take it as a pill, use its fibers for rope and clothing, use it for my shampoo and soap, vape it, make concentrates out of it, you name it

>what do you mean weed is addictive???? get your propaganda out of here you big pharma shill!

The memory loss is from all the masturbation.

Waaah I want the government to decide what I'm allowed to do

Now do sugar and alcohol faggot

What about medicinally?

ayyyy boOb ID

>Now do sugar and alcohol faggot

nobody tries to argue that sugar and alcohol have no harmful effects. it's only stoners who who can't accept that their chosen panacea might have some downsides. you don't see alcoholics trying to argue that alcohol is a miracle drug with no harmful effects.