The Confederate States of America put statues on their land, lost the Civil War, and now, the U.S...

The Confederate States of America put statues on their land, lost the Civil War, and now, the U.S. is free to do whatever they want with those statues, including, tearing them down, because those statues are on AMERICAN soil.

Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
youtube.com/watch?v=ihdjFZcgUhc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The Confederate States of America
>statue erected in 1924

here's your (You), dirty fucking kike.

HURR DURR WHAT ARE THE 9TH AND 10TH AMENDMENTS

Those statues are American.

Oh really? I take it back then.

I think that we should not just run away from history. It is best to learn from it. I would still keep it up, imo.

I get marching as white nationalists, but I really don't get protesting specifically because some Confederate General's statue was going to be removed. Who even cares? Much more important matters to protest against, or was it just an excuse so they could be allowed to do the march?

I'd put it in a museum, not on U.S. soil.

Let them tear down the statues.

It's about time we stopped glorifying treason.

I don't have a problem with the statues. They represent history. My problem is with people associating them with the right when they were clearly Democrats. If dems wanna take down the statues of their historical figures then let them.

>the U.S. is free to do whatever they want
blm & antifa thugs who burn your flag are NOT 'the U.S'.

GTFO of the South and go fuck yourself. queer ass communist NIGGER LOVING RETARD,

by act of congress Confederate veterans are recognized as American veterans.

>fighting for your home against an invading army is treason

glad our founding fathers were traitors then.

Islam won and took over lands in the middle east. They're free to destroy 3000 year old statues and temples, they can tear down the pyramids if they want, because they're on MUSLIM soil.

Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

Might makes right user. Just because it's wrong, doesn't mean they can't do it.

Most of the time these statues aren't being torn down. They're being relocated to less conspicuous places in town, like a cemetery where confederate soldiers are buried. Idk why people lose their minds over this

blacks pay taxes tho. they shouldn't have to feel discriminated against in a public place. the monuments definitely shouldn't be damaged, but they should be moved to a location that isn't funded by taxpayers

Yeah, the government has a process to follow if they want to remove them, not some unemployed mud people and l*btards. But of course you already knew that.

its still celebrates a revisionist version of history where the south were honorable and not fighting for the right to own people. We should not be celebrating those responsible for our most significant national shame.

The usa has recognized the valor of the southern soldier you retard

90% of the statues were erected by the Ladies Memorial Association, to commemorate their work of reinterring hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers from battlefield shallow graves, into proper cemeteries. So, fuck off faggots.

Yeah but fashies and confederate larpers get mad either way so fuck it who cares? They just wanna celebrate their previous domination as a race

You Fucking idiot. Niggers live off Fucking welfare and the drug trade.
When there not there stealing bikes.
The only Fucking niggers paying taxes are Eddie Murphy, will smith,Samuel Jackson, oprah, and bill cosby.

>soldiers are the same thing as leaders and the confederacy as a whole
seriously its like you people don't even try

Oh my god you fagggots are insufferable the events of the last few days should have been a wakeup call to the nazi larper shills here that you're not welcome. You're counter-productive to our Trump movement. You cause nothing but problems.

You are too stupid to have figured out that those statues were part of the reconciliation
after the war, honoring those who fought on both sides, and acknowledging the great loss on each side.
By taking down those statues, you are now rescinding that reconciliation and encouraging a new civil war. This concept is, of course beyond your grasp, because you know nothing of the Civil War, and everything of the Marxist class warfare that has been translated into identity politics and shoved down your throat by the true fascists.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE YOU GENERALIZING FUCKING SCUM YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS YOU FUCKING NIGGER LOVING KIKE

A big part is that most of the statues were put up post-1900 in an attempt of historical revisionism about the Civil War. Southerners want to remember it as the war of northern aggression, the lost cause that they fought nobly against, while ignoring the slavery and civil rights abuses in the antebellum south. For this reason I find it funny when people whine about how removing the statues "erases history", because many of the statues were put up purposefully to erase history.

You realize the "trump movement" was built on the backs of those people right?
Who do you think got him through the primaries?

Revisionist history is a dangerous thing. Lest we forget the evils that happened in the past.

>The Confederate States of America put statues on their land, lost the Civil War, and now . . .
You are quite ignorant.
Those status were put up AFTER the Civil War.

10/10 lmao people are actually responding lol

This is patently untrue. The vast majority of confederate monuments where erected by local city councils as a way to pat themselves on the back for the glory days and publicly downplay the role of slavery in the confederacy they supported.

Lee was a soldier first, a statesman second, a farmer third, and a father fourth.

The statues of Confederate soldiers are sacred. Their forefathers fought in the Revolution. Their actions on the battlefield were to secure states rights; the foundation of our republic.

That's why they want them gone.

Lee was a better man than the entire union combined. That's why.

>states rights
I love this line. Like any war has ever been fought over something as vague as that. It was about states rights to own slaves. Obviously.

OP you've been MIND RAPED into becoming a tavistock shill by The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations.

Break free of tavistock's control of your mind by reading up on logical fallacies: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

I demand removal of Confederate soldiers from National Cemeteries!!!!

You mean Confederate land that is being occupied?

If black people feel discrimnated by Confederate statues then they should spend some time to learn about the Civil War instead of letting themselves be emotionally manipulated by Communists.

>glorifying treason
Might as well tear down Washington D.C. and ask the Brits to let us back in.

Stop acting like the average Confederate soldier had any real say in the matter. Come on ...

>while ignoring the slavery

And what group was REALLY responsible for it.

you're right the civil war was about a states rights to settle unspecified everyday matters of moderate importance. The south was gonna get rid of slavery anyway

THREAD OVER BOYS

88 88

The constitution said they had a right to own slaves. Northern states passed laws that freed slaves who escaped. Southern states considered this to seizing property without compensation.
Abolitionists didn't have the numbers to change the constitution so they appointed judicial activists to federal courts to back their unconstitutional laws. So the South withdrew from the union.

That was not a monument to soldiers its a monument to the confederacy. Thats like the difeerence between a monument for german ww2 soldiers (which exists in germany and should exist here) and a monument for the third reich

>UN Flag
>Actual understanding of the complex politics behind the Civil War beyond MUH SLAEVS

I'm confused

Read the constitution. It's like article 1 senpai.
The feds control like 13 things
They are kinda vague, but very important things to control by one government.
The state's are basically free to do what they want as long as they don't violate the constitution.
Fed keeps making laws out of their power.
Hell the gay marriage bill was passed the same way slavery was banned.
Both done outside the constitutional rights of the federal government.
Also look at the 9th, 13th, and 14th amendments.

Wrong. It was about state's right to have their destiny determined by a tyrant king. How you equate that with "muh slavery" is beyond me.

Yeah I know lol all you just did is reiterate that it was over slavery. War well fought it had to end somehow the South would not have accepted an end of slavery any other way. They were convinced it was their divine right

Fuck off reddit, statues are good for public aesthetic.

>blacks pay taxes
lmao funniest thing I've read all day
Stop whiteknighting for The Sodomitic States of America those statues commemerate fallen Southern Heroes.

He was a traitor to the United States. We should have let them Democrats have the south and not fought a war over it but you can't change the past.

>implying i wouldn't just replace the statue with one dedicated to fallen union soldiers

user...

Guess the Constitution is bullshit too since it's actually an illegitimate coup of the Article of Confederation so the Confederates were right to secede.

But that wouldn't have resulted in hte god damned war if there wasn't an issue that specifically was a big enough deal to unite all the slave states against the non slave states. What could that be?

President Jimmy Carter reinstated the citizenship of Jefferson Davis in 1978.

that was pasta m8

Why do you retards make everything about race, It was about state's rights and government over-reach you mong,

The Confederacy and the Civil War only came about over deep divisions over the interpretation of the Constitution. It was about state's rights and the foundation of the republic. The soldiers that served their were from the same families that fought in the War of Independence.

That's a huge difference between the average German soldier and the Third Reich. WWII was a war of conquest. The Civil War was a war of brothers.

Prove it!

You mean the ones who fought like brutes and ironically trampled all over the Constitution to preserve the union?

>Hadn't even been a country for 80 years
>Civil war breaks out
>Put down almost immediately
>Implying such statues are relevant when the USA was basically a rogue state back then

No one cares. These statues are retarded and aren't even historical. You could walk around any European neighborhood and find houses 300+ years older than the oldest US civil war statue.

And their fathers fathers were traitors to King George. What's your point? The US is nation built on fighting back over those who would lord over us. They're the epitomy of why the US flourished before and after the Civil War. How can you not see that?

Pretty ironic how the people who fought the Confederates had no problem with their memorialization put a bunch of retards today suddenly care so much about it.

Fuck you. These monuments represent the lives lost in the war, and the will of men echoing throughout history, absent of moral judgement. Whether the South wished to oppress the African slaves, or the North wanted to oppress the South, both North and South monuments stand to remind us what war means; brother turning on brother, nation divided upon itself. It stands as a truly ironic testimony in this politically divisive times the instigators wish this solemn and serious lesson were buried deep. The likes of Antifa do not hate the South; they hate the reminder that their violence and cowardice leads to a worse world, not a better one.

>Put down almost immediately

Lasted as long as both world wars, with a higher American bodycount

>Your history isn't relevant because it's not old enough

wew

Lincoln declared all Confederates to be US veterans after the war to unite the country.

You cannot destroy history simply because you don't like it. You will be shot and killed. And I will laugh at your dead body when it's posted here.

Yes.

And yet none of them have accomplished what Americans did. Funny.

>people
kek
And yeah, the union fought like niggers. Apparently you've never heard of the March to the Sea or the shear number of unconstitutional shit Lincoln did that legitimized it as a war but because it was undeclared it was an illegal war.

Sadly this.

>The Confederacy and the Civil War only came about over deep divisions over the interpretation of the Constitution
You see how that makes no fucking sense right. Nobody will fight for there rights unless a specific right is in jeopardy. Nobody is gonna start a war over a perceived misinterpretation that could one day lead to oppression thats ridiculous. The South felt the north was oppressing their god given right to own slaves that is a historical fact.

t. nigger

Ask Teddy Roosevelt what's difficult about it. My guess is you're a descendent of peasants who arrived after the civil war.

>Whether the South wished to oppress the African slaves,

>You cannot destroy history simply because you don't like it.

see I never said I wanted to destroy the statues user. You don't have to be so edgy.

The communists/ islamofascists will not stop at Confederate Statues, that is just the low hanging fruit. Next they will go after the Lincoln Memorial, Mt. Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, etc.
Whom will you side with then?

There's so much to it than that but, yes, you are correct that matter of slavery did play into it.

All this talk of statues aside, you should dedicate some to learning about the what led up to and happened during and after the Civil War. Slavery is literally a footnote.

See: fugitive slave clause
>states' rights
See: the various non-slavery differences between the Confederate and US Constitutions
The Confederates unironically had better ideas for government. If you omitted the bits about slavery you'd have some popular proposals for constitutional amendments.

>
>This is patently untrue. The vast majority of confederate monuments where erected by local city councils as a way to pat themselves on the back for the glory days and publicly downplay the role of slavery in the confederacy they supported.

Bullshit. Those statues were commissioned primarily to honor the 50th Anniversary of the Civil War which happened in 1913. Funds were raised all across the South by the Daughters and the Widows of the Confederacy. Land was designated, artists were selected. Works like these don't appear overnight. Most weren't installed until 1920 onward because it took that long to make them. Southern apologists are a modern convention and nobody in the South started having feels about slavery on any measurable level until the 1990's. If you want to understand the South, read a biographical account from the Reconstruction period. There are many to choose from.

t. Southerner

When they burned down the Library of Alexandria, it was a huge mistake of Mankind. Destroying historical monuments, especially over ego never ends well.

How about we actually try learning from history, and not make the same mistakes as those before us?

The war was literally about slavery, there is no other way it can be framed.
It was the free men of the Union, champions of the common man and staunch opponents to literal slavery against a fundamentally anti-American pseudo-medieval planter aristocracy who ruled over free white farmers as peasants and slaves as serf. The antebellum south was a wicked society that needed to be brought down an I feel no sympathy towards its people.

It could have literally been about anything. Do you know how libertarian most of society was back then? Do you think they didn't draw parallels between what was happening and why the colonies revolted?
also
>hurr durr my opinion is historical fact

CONFEDERATES WERE TRAITORS TO THE UNION AND LOST. YOU CAN'T CALL YOURSELF AN AMERICAN PATRIOT IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A CONFEDERATE. KYS

>black lives don't matter to Southern Whites
> black lives are so important Southern Whites will go to war over them

>Implying septics will even be a footnote 200 years from now

Pic related and you could substitute it with a Spain or French meme at a given point in history. The USA is an extremely young country and has been a global power for what--70 years or so? It's already on a downward trajectory while European empires lasted more many hundreds of years before they even showed signs of faltering. For fuck's sake, even the Ottoman Empire was a global power for many hundreds of years and they were subhuman roaches.

I'll support you 100% in that sentiment. That's exactly what they're after.

Those monuments were built in the 1950s by butthurt southerners as a way to resist desegregation and black civil rights.

No, it wasn't. Stop sniffing glue.

>niggers deserve anything other than death or slavery
You know this is all literally Republican propaganda right? Slavery was one of several causes. Just look up the Confederate Constitution's numerous non-slavery differences from the US one. Slavery wasn't even big enough for the South to accept the blatantly pro-slavery proposals of Yanks like the Crittenden Compromise and Corwin Amendment. But who am I kidding? You've never heard of any of that before have you?

Man, I can't even imagine what it would be like to see the Mt. Rushmore defaced or the Washington Monument fall due to internal dissension.

No, they weren't. But keep trying to convince yourself of that if it makes you feel better.

GREAT SOUTHERN CARS HERE
youtube.com/watch?v=ihdjFZcgUhc

No, you're talking about the battle flag of the Northern Virginia Army being flown by white trash, the statues were being erected prior to any civil rights movement, and even during that movement they didn't go after the statues or flags cause they didn't care about that.

And none of the erases what the US has accomplished in that short period of time.

Look, let's not argue about that, EuroBro. You were takimg the piss, I was taking the piss. I am well aware that the dynamics of Europe are radically different from the US.

WTF does the 50 year anniversary have to do with the Reconstruction period?
>Southern apologists are a modern convention and nobody in the South started having feels about slavery on any measurable level until the 1990's

Talk about bullshit, read up on the Civil rights movement of the 60s, by the late seventies there was a measurable difference in the urban south.

As far as it goes, the 50th anniversary was an upgrade to at least many civil war memorials already in existence.

Preach, Brother.

Its still state land dipshit

The union was a traitor to the rights of the States. And that continues today.