I have a legitimate question Sup Forums

Since the Charlottesville incident people have been tearing down Confederate Monuments. I'm from the North, my family fought for the Union, and I have to allegiance to these people, but something is making me feel uneasy. It's history, and it deserves some recognition. Union monuments where I live are covered in graffiti and surrounded by park drug deals. No one gives a shit about them, but they won. The guys who lost have people defending them. Oh well, into the archive this goes in 10 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/06/ghana-academics-petition-removal-mahatma-gandhi-statue-african-heroes
youtube.com/watch?v=9xVE1ZjoiC8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kdb-4FTNVZs&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/GlKL_EpnSp8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OH MY FAMILY FOUGHT FOR THE NORTH

Say that proudly like it fucking matters dude. Try saying it when you're getting clawed apart by niggers, strung up, and lynched.

If they willing to tear down some American history, they will soon enough be willing to tear down all American history.

Destroy the past and you can control the future.

Some of my family fought for the South too. Brother against brother, isn't that the tragedy? I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that the north let's the monuments rot while left to stand and the South wants to keep their monuments but aren't allowed. 170 years on, and the South is still being attacked and vilified.

We are literally seeing that of "the winners write history" happen before our eyes.
Why now and and a hundred years ago? Who the fuck knows

What a beautiful piece of street art.

pretty sure people in the South care because they aren't gay self loathing communists like Northerners.

It has nothing to do with who won and lost, it has to do with your populace being massive cucks and Southerners being slightly less cucked.

t. unbiased Westerner (not west coast)

tare down mount rushmore! burn the nazi money!
>gee i wonder what the endgame is.

Thanks Arizona, I appreciate it.
I actually live in the South because of work right now and it's amazing to see Monuments that people care for that others want to tear down vs. statues of Grant that no one gives a shit about.

When I was growing up, I hated living in Alabama.

Now I'm so glad I don't have to be around shit like "BLACK LIVES MATTER" sprayed over a statue.

Its not about the north or the south.

Its about erasing the history of the family who were there. The traitors and other fighting for the destruction of these monument just want to erase history to replace it with their own. Its basically what the communist or Muslims did. Its more symbolic, its symbolic, its to destroy history and tradition so that the future generation are as lost as they are and so in turns they might join them.

I'm from the North and I can respect the Confederate dead. People of our nation, even if they didn't die under it deserve our respect. To spray paint this memorial makes me so mad. No one who is from the CSA states is desecrating other peoples memorials. It's disgusting.

For now they come after confederate monuments. Soon they'll be coming for Jefferson, Washington and Franklin because they were racist white devils too.

I'm from upstate NY, and I feel deep honor and respect even when visiting Canadian/British sites. I'm just sick and tired of seeing crap like pic related trying to destroy history.
>It is kind of funny that she's bigger than the statue

>my family fought for the Union, and I have to allegiance to these people, but something is making me feel uneasy.

I know what you mean

it feels like

>first, the came for the monuments honoring white confederates...

I mean, Gandhi, in 2017, is considered a racist. if fucking ghandi is a racist then EVERY WHITE PERSON is also a racist, without question.

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/06/ghana-academics-petition-removal-mahatma-gandhi-statue-african-heroes

Unionfag here too.

Ancestors fought in a New York and Pennsylvania regiment.

In one sense I get removing them peacefully. So long as they are treated with the dignity and respect any civilized person should have for a fallen enemy.

Problem is people are doing it in the most dishonorable way imaginable with none of the respect or even ceremony deserved.

It's disgusting, but sadly expected.

That might be what's bothering me the most.
>Tears down CSA monuments
>Takes Andrew Jackson off of the $20 bill
>George Washington owned slaves!!!!
>Destroy all history!!!
It's disgusting. I'm trying to be rational in all of this, I really am, but it makes me sick to see this happening.

I had ancestors fight on both sides of the war, and seeing this kind of shit disgusts me.

If you take something like a Confederate monument and let people tear it down today, then tomorrow they may tear down Union monuments. And tomorrow they may break apart statues of our Founding Fathers. And soon they may burn paintings and books and historic documents, and then they may turn Right against Left, and Left against Left, and try to foist their own brand off totalitarianism on the world. If you can do one, you can do the other. Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding.

George Washington did own slaves. Other than that, I totally agree.

It wasn't enough to beat the south militarily, there was then a cultural genocide on the southern man. Who is the only demographic its OK to still make fun of? What do most "dumb" characters in any medium sound like post civil war? They sound southern.

Southern war memorials have nothing to do with urban street violence.
If corporations and individuals denounce the right, the left is using it as justification for anarchy, just like everything they ever do.

Anything the left does is just justification for anarchy. I don't understand why the police are giving these people an inch.

Confederates were traitors, much like the extreme left are now. I dont care for torn statues anymore than I care about liberal death tolls

Did anyone else noticed they misspelled matter?

out of every nation the yankee empire destroyed the confederacy got it the worst. not even JAPAN got it as bad as we did. do you see the japanese vilified in media? the germans? no, because you northerners are all a bunch of frozen fucking turds. fought the bloodiest war in the history of the nation to abuse and mistreat the defeated. how magnanimous the north is, how gracious they are in their victory -- that we should be so grateful to exist at all, even though that is one of misery and sadness.

i'm done with you. i'm fed up with this carpetbagging 2.0 colonialist shit. i'm absolutely THROUGH with the north, with white yankee sanctimony, with the whole jewnited states of america. fuck you. you're all bastards to me and i don't give one good damn if you want to "understand" or "have a dialogue." that time has passed.

>Oh well, into the archive this goes in 10 minutes.

I know that feel

I actually went to Mt. Vernon for the first time this year. They had some black guy dressed up and he was supposed to be the slavemaster. Everyone there was playing their part like it was 1800, and would answer as rehearsed. I actually felt really bad for the black guy playing the slavemaster because not a single person there was brave enough to ask him questions about what his role was. I actually wanted to talk to him but didn't want to be called racist and get yelled at. I didn't even want to do it in a Sup Forums way, I was just curious. I feel sorry for intelligent black people who can't participate in an honest conversation because of all of the stupid white guilt.

First it's statues next it's history books and finally it's the constitution.

The time of the white man is over

Agreed, and it's disgusting

Yeah, I'm from the north too. These people aren't going to stop at confed monuments, trust me. They are removing them because it's white culture. They will try to completely erase ALL US history, and eventually physically erase us. They are not going to stop until we smash their faces in.

Azzmador put it very well.
youtube.com/watch?v=9xVE1ZjoiC8

Yeah, I am glad the Union won, but the South has every right to honor the memory of those who fell in that terrible war, and to honor those who fought when their Southern states called upon.

desecrating monuments/memorials to the dead. You know what happens when you do this right?

Lol, that sign in the lower corner.

>quotes "the winners write history"
>already ignorant of that history

Because reconciliation was a thing back then. Lincoln and Lee both understood that the South, even in defeat, was not to be punished and subjugated but re-integrated into the United States. There's a reason the following historical period is called "Reconstruction".

Today, nobody has time for all the details and compromise is weakness on both the left and right. It may take a cycle of true hardship where the populace must cooperate or starve to restore social cohesion.

Brother, I'm from a border state and live in the South. The only reason I made my OP is because most of my family fought for the Union and most ended up in the South. My ancestors are sorry. If they aren't, I disavow them.

Okay that tweet is actually kinda funny

>Since the Charlottesville incident people have been tearing down Confederate Monuments

Literally one that's going to be repaired.

Another was spray-painted in Atlanta, but that is easily fixed.

It's funny too, that this is the best way these assclowns can lash out after Saturday.

It's because they're revising history. You're supposed to be uneasy. They're creating a history that is dishonest and one sided. A monument is not a celebration or a shame, it's a monument. Designed to remind and help people remember. I had 4 people with my family name fight for the Souh in the civil war, none owned slaves, and all (as far as we can tell) we're fighting for states rights...something that Ron Paul espoused just a few short years ago in his presidential primary.

Liberals should never be trusted with history, language, science, or social issues. Not now, not ever. Which is to say they're worthless.

History must be preserved, not pulverized and paved over in the name of "progress" and "political correctness".

What's next? Shall we demolish any Civil War museum that attempts to portray both sides objectively? Shall we start exhuming the bodies of the honored dead because they had the misfortune of fighting for the losing side of a conflict? Where does it end?

>history
A lot of revisionist history. These monuments were not erected until 50 or more years after the civil war as a fuck you to Federalism.

Their entire goal is to destroy the united states. These retarded boomer protesting hippies think they're helping their kids get through college by showing up to these rallies and chanting the same stupid bullshit over and over.

Trump needs to publicly denounce the left, and the none stop useless protests, he needs to denounce antifa and say they have no right to threaten people for their beliefs.

He's going to make the far right feel cornered and it's going to draw in a lot more people.

We come here to type anonymous truths. Soon we won't have this. Truth and history is being destroyed before our very eyes. I feel like I'm in the titanic movie and the band is playing on the deck as the water rises. My liberty is sinking into a cold and dark place.

Gettysburg doesn't look like what you described. We take very good care of it.

Kinda like a kid bawling after not getting a toy he wanted.

These are the fruits of becoming a multicultural society. They won't stop until your descendants don't even know how the country was founded.

Yep.

>Literally one that's going to be repaired.
They fucking crushed it. The legs have been bent and twisted and the head caved in. Repairing that would be like trying to put together a statue that's been smashed with a sledgehammer.

thats because the defeated germans and japanese don't act like uppity faggots constantly, demanding their former government and LOSER troops be recognized

>dude white people don't know what spices are lmao

It doesn't end, it only gets worse, until there are bodies piling up in the streets. The best any person can do is get out of the cities and stop supporting the snake that eats itself. Stop working, stop paying taxes and load up on 'tools'.

>No one gives a shit about them, but they won. The guys who lost have people defending them.

Well, one side was fighting for a worthy cause, and the other had overwhelming materiel superiority.

Hah. Also funny is how black "people" can't taste any flavor less intense than "coated in hot sauce".

I have little use for Confederates, but it is simply a reality that there is a large cohort of vengeful minorities in the US that would kill us, given the chance.

I like who OP says he has allegiance to a bunch of Ignorant assholes... just because your family fought for the north doesnt mean you have Allegiance to anyone north south what ever your only Allegiance should be to the United states if your American.. and if it was a North south again it doesnt matter cause both parties Allegiances were to American not to a Geographic location... Those assholes destroying history are a bunch of liberal fuck tards and niggers.. who think because they dont get there feelings catered to on a silver platter its ok to destroy Public Property.. and im sure some faggots gonna be like you said public property so that means its the peoples... No faggot that means it belongs to everyone and was put up by the people to share our history.. tragic upsetings bias or other wise its are history you dont see germany pretending like hilter and the nazi party never existed and they dont because they want people to remember how far they fell so they dont go there again

these people should be rounded up, and hung like the dirty traitorous terrorists that they are.

Everyone is saying it's going to be repaired.

Plus its base with the Confederate engraving is still standing, and kind of acts as a monument on its own.

>muh history

I mean they could just put them in a museum if government workers can get there before the protesters.

It's only a matter of time until they'll tear down the Washington and Jefferson memorials and have their likenesses removed from the currency. They were both white and owned slaves, so they need to be purged. Eventually whites will be a small enough minority that they won't be able to prevent this inevitability, and of course there will always be a bunch white leftist cucks going along with it.

When the media starts telling us that all the evil in the world isn't Caucasian, wake me up.

CAN'T WAKE UP

>Everyone is saying it's going to be repaired.
They're kidding themselves.

>Video gets reported to police
>Everyone gets arrested-defacing and desteruction of public property.

>tfw this is the real reason he killed himself

chester knew..

>fuck you to Federalism
This isn't about federalism, it's about erasing white people, and a sign of conquering. This is what conquering armies do. They tear down statues of the vanquished. You people need to get this idea of right left, natsoc ancap, north south, democrat republican, out of you mind. That shit is for 2010. Now it's white vs anti-white that matters. That's how these anti-whites think. If if has anything to do with white people, they want to erase it, including eventually us physically.

>They were both white and owned slaves,
to be fair this was the only legal way to pursue interracial sex back then, both of them loved to have sex with some black people both men and women

>This
This is probably what got all those people to march in the first place at Virginia.

This is public property in a public space. Police didn't show up and stop this for a reason.

Those guys are going to win giant settlements from the city.

It's just the youth operatives of the Democratic party destroying statues of famous Democrats to help the party hide it's secessionist, racist, slave owning past.

Bumping for agreement

>White people don't know what spices are, nigga
>Whites have toppled Empires and conquered entire Continents for spices
When will we finally have enough?

People who celebrate the confederacy? Absolutely. They are traitors.

On the contrary, the south is not a monolithic whole, and not all of the south wants to keep the monuments. The cities went left, and some (New Orleans, Atlanta) became largely black as the whites fled to the suburbs and exurbs. The cities want to get rid of the monuments now, and anyone respecting the idea of local rule should agree that the current residents should be allowed to determine what they keep or discard. The people fighting tooth-and-nail to keep the monuments are frim out-of-town: some are sururban or rural, but most are imports from far away. Look at the C-ville business, for example, where all the alt-right marchers were imported. Spencer lives in Montana but flew out to Virginia for the rally, which pretty much makes him a carpetbagger.

>The guys who lost have people defending them.

Sore losers.

Thanks for the info user.
Never

It's a hollow victory user. Nothing to celebrate other than hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

The redpill is not easy to swallow.

Look at how they talk about whites while we're still the majority. Look at how they have been demonizing us, and blaming all the worlds problems on us. Do you white leftist shills on here think this is going to stop when we're the minority? Do you think they will care that you were allies in turning our country over to them? No, you will be a white devil in their eyes too, and you will be put up against the wall with the rest of us.

People who know fuck all about history assume these confederate monuments have anything to do with the civil war, or history. They don't. They're presented in random locations with basic "in honor" plaques because they were commissioned by a bunch of high nosed white women (daughters of the confederacy) who felt uncomfortable during intervention and wanted some white girl fan fiction to stare dreamily at.

The statues are an artifact of the early 20th century. They're not related to the civil war in any way, aside from being the white men who were popular to romanticize at the time, and they're not placed in historically significant locations.

People who claim these statues need to be preserved for history are showing their ignorance of history. No history is lost in the removal of these weird giant peices of public fanart.

with sound here
youtube.com/watch?v=Kdb-4FTNVZs&feature=youtu.be

I've downed it, but you can't go redpill, even here, if you want to be taken seriously.
>The world would have been a better place if the South had won
>They would have been neutral or allied with Germany in WW1
>Kaiser Wilhelm IV would rule Europe
>Liberia would be very overpopulated
Etcetera.

You sound butthurt about losing the civil war.

Deal with it faggot, it's a shame that insects like you weren't stomped out hundreds of years ago when your brutal and disgusting "country" was destroyed.

Celebrating the confederacy and "white heritage", like come on nigga. You are celebrating the lynching of blacks.

Tear 'em down. You should be happy enough you aren't getting shot for being a traitorous piece of shit. Stop being a pissy baby white boi and accept reality.

>People who claim these statues need to be preserved for history are showing their ignorance of history. No history is lost in the removal of these weird giant peices of public fanart.
Jefferson Memorial wasn't build until the late 40s. Tear it down. No history is lost in the removal of that weird giant piece of public fanart

Oh leaf. I love you and your spacing. Nice troll.

The thing about the black people who constantly claim that there ancestors were slaves to the 'White devils' is that they miss out on the fact that literally every race has either been slaves or slave drivers.

There's people defending them because they want to go back to a time when they mattered. Today, who gives a fuck about the south? They're basically seen as leeches on the rest of the US with low education levels and low brow white trash. Personally, they could probably secede from the US and no one will give a damn. On top of that, states like my left leaning state will save money as we won't have to support them.

>this

>a bunch of shitty '20's bronze busts having the same historical significance of thousands of year old fertile crescent statues

delusional_confederates.webm

That's fine, it's American to tear things down if it's no longer serving us.

Jefferson exists elsewhere. These men do not. Heroes. They fought for their nation and gave their lives for the defense of it. Without these statues they are almost as irrelevant as anyone who was ever a Canadian with a gun. They spur our memories and inspire our future. They are where we came from.

yeah, the only difference between the two is that Thomas Jefferson was an ACTUAL AMERICAN, not a turncoat defector who sought to destroy the union.

>inbred southerners in charge of arguments

Fahrenheit 451

The future is coming!

One thing you may have missed is the Leftist politicians silent removal of Union generals. A scrap dealer bought several cheap for the bronze but kept the Busts. The rest of the statues were broken when he got them.

It's dangerous, especially since they can make anything racist, sexist, repressive, etc. and they think it's acceptable to destroy what they find offensive.

Those who forget history, will be doomed to repeat it.

youtu.be/GlKL_EpnSp8

>Black Lives Mater
>Mater

niggers gonna nig

you mean they act like cucks.

and wtf the germans are vilified 8 billion times more than confederates