ID laws, what's the big deal with showing your ID in the US?

Here in Europe of course we have to show our ID when voting, we have to show our ID when we get a new job and the employer has to check it and verify the whole thing with the authorities, we need to show an ID when we rent a car or open a bank account or buy a gun.

ID laws actually protect our society as illegals cannot work or study or do any other normal stuff here, except living on the street - so they all register with the authorities.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE
youtube.com/watch?v=llDM-44Zb8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Liberals are insane. That's it.

Niggers are too dumb to get an ID ahead of time. Then they chimp out if you ask them for the ID they don't have or are told they have to go get one

Because there's only one time when asking for ID is racist and it's voting.

because voting IDs DISPROPORTIONATELY affect OPRESSED MINORITIES due to INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM

Wrong. You need an ID to get welfare.
Or alcohol. Or lottery tickets. Or smokes.

Well surely they don't do any of that.

Democrats/leftists use lack of voter IDs to cheat and get an advantage.

It's the same reason they want illegal immigrants in the country. More illegals means more votes for them.

This, and it's literally backed by buckleloads of scientific data evidence.

I don't know about welfare but no ghetto gas stations card.

it's grotesque indeed, here in italy we have to show ID as well and no one ever complained about it. it's a typical case of manufactured dissent fabricated by the establishment media

>because voting IDs DISPROPORTIONATELY affect OPRESSED MINORITIES due to INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM

Yeah, I do not really understand that. How much does an ID cost in the US? Do most minorities not haven an ID?

borders are racist. everyone in the world deserves to decide the us president

>borders are racist. everyone in the world deserves to decide the us president

I do not think this is quite true. Yes, everyone in the world should be able to pay money for US campaigns, but the actual voters should be American citizens in line with the US constitution.

Because responsibility is an intrinsically white trait, so stupid minorities won't turn out unless we hold their hands
Also, dems want illegals voting for them
Can't do it if they IDs

There is no big deal, in the modern age showing ID to vote should be mandatory.
The left simply wants to paint this as a race issue because illegals vote their way.
Same with immigration.

>because illegals vote their way
And those too dumb to obtain/handle an ID; i.e. minorities.

Just like us with our manditory voting that requires ID.

I find it out very hilarious, that USA does not have ID laws. Almost every nation has them.

They're free

>And those too dumb to obtain/handle an ID; i.e. minorities.

Is this seriously an argument? Are people really saying blacks and Hispanics are too stupid to get an ID, even if they are US citizens?

Really?

>They're free
So explain to me how minorities apparently do not have an ID when they are US citizens? I mean, this is the argument, no? That people claim if you are a US citizen but don't have an ID, you do not go voting and getting an ID is just too damn cumbersome.

Something along those lines.
The left doesn't want voter ID laws because minorities would have a harder time obtaining and maintaining them.
It's like an extreme form of patronizing, and people actually buy that crap.

It's never explicitly stated but it is implied and commonly understood. That's what the harping of "it disproportionately impacts muh poor people and minorities (IE low IQ people.)"

The problem is stupid ass niggers and spics either don't get, or misplace their IDs and because dirty ass spics were making fake IDs in our motor vehicle bureau, they now only make them in secure facilities which means they must be mailed which takes 1-2 weeks. So the poor oppressed minorities neglect to get a new one in time to vote.

In america, any roadblocks you put between the person and the polls is intrinsically believed to be against a group of people(I.e. Niggers and immigrants).

If you make them get ID, they won't vote. Lazy.

>So the poor oppressed minorities neglect to get a new one in time to vote.

I have 3 different IDs (a passport, a personal ID in card format and a driver's license). Are you saying the problem is that minorities lose ALL 3 of their IDs and that is why they cannot vote? Because here in Europe, you can get a temporary ID by just showing your birth certificate - or you can get a rush job and wait for your new ID and get it on the same day or next day.

>The left doesn't want voter ID laws because minorities would have a harder time obtaining and maintaining them.

Dogs can be registered and chipped. If minorities lose their IDs so often, why not introduce a chip-program in which they are have the option to have an ID chip implanted in their right arm, which cannot be lost.

Cause getting an ID can be difficult without a fixed address so it effectively excludes the poorest and most financially unstable people from the one of the few rights they have which is just fine for the right but not for the left.

Honestly, if you can't manage a fucking ID, you don't deserve to vote.

if you can't obtain and maintain your ID, maybe you're not qualifed to vote in the first place

Absolutely.

>Cause getting an ID can be difficult without a fixed address
Really? Why would you not get an ID without a fixed address? That sounds completely unconstitutional to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE

>Why would you not get an ID without a fixed address?

I'm wondering this too. Based on the information from the government website, it sounds like it shouldn't be a big issue. These are the simple steps to obtain an ID:

>Visit a Secretary of State office.
>Present proof of a valid Social Security number or a letter of ineligibility from the Social Security Administration.
>Present proof of identity, U.S. citizenship or legal presence and residency.
>Pay the standard state ID card fee if not exempt.

>>Visit a Secretary of State office.
>>Present proof of a valid Social Security number or a letter of ineligibility from the Social Security Administration.
>>Present proof of identity, U.S. citizenship or legal presence and residency.
>>Pay the standard state ID card fee if not exempt.

Yes, that's a bit like how it works here.

Either present an existing ID to get a new one, if you lost that, then you need to provide a birth certificate and if you don't have that, get anything else.

Also need a photo and pay the card fee of a few euros - which you can be exempted if you are poor.

liberals think any US resident should vote, and they know that voter ID laws mean only US citizens will get to vote.
They can't get the law to change because only citizens vote
and they can't get the courts to overturn it like they did gay marriage because citizenship is covered in the constitution.
So they're just fighting as hard as they can to try and get as many non-citizens to vote, since they tend to vote democrat.

>So they're just fighting as hard as they can to try and get as many non-citizens to vote, since they tend to vote democrat.

I think it is both non-citizens voting and lazy people who actually do not bother to get an ID or lost it to vote... and gets some SJWs who vote 4 or 5 times. It is a combination of all of this. There apparently really are a lot of Americans without an ID.

I think the best strategy for Republicans would be to do a 12month "get your ID on a Sunday" campaign. That is in each state, open the ID office on Sundays and hand out IDs for free - anyone who still does not bother to get an ID is an illegal. Demand that everyone has an ID just like here in Europe.

IDs typically aren't free by default in the U.S., although any areas that do require I.D. to vote are forced to offer free IDs(as it could be considered an unconstitutional poll tax otherwise).

Most people get their driver's license and use that for their ID. Disregarding the initial cost of getting licensed to drive, replacement licenses cost about $20-30. Generic, equivalent, state ID cards cost the same. An ID of this sort is needed to function as an adult in modern society and almost everybody posses one.

Passports are quite a bit more expensive ($100+) and most people don't bother until they are planning on traveling outside the country for the first time. They are far less ubiquitous than they are in Europe as most people here never leave the country.

The "voter ID laws are racist" argument is one of the most shameless, morally bankrupt arguments that leftists make. It is saying that black people are more likely to be unable to vote because they don''t have an ID and that the left would rather enjoy the minor electoral benefit the status quo provides instead of implementing the logical, common-sense system that the rest of the world uses that would actually provide a tangible side-benefit to these people that don't have IDs(in that they would get free IDs).

what the fuck are you talking about?
"Fixed address" is a place you regularly return to, and really only applies to voting.
If you are a vagrant travelling from town to town, with no residency, then no, you dont get to vote in a county you do not contribute to, or are affected by.
To get an ID, a lot of homeless are able to use their local shelter as their address, and rarely does one need something like a utility bill.
Also, generally speaking, the states that push voter ID are the ones with the least obstacles for IDs

>The "voter ID laws are racist" argument is one of the most shameless, morally bankrupt arguments that leftists make.

I just checked youtube on the issue and apparently whites are truly racist... according to blacks.

youtube.com/watch?v=llDM-44Zb8w

Also, why do blacks talk so different to whites in America? Here in Germany, blacks and non-whites have the same stupid Prussian German accent than white Germans.

>I think the best strategy for Republicans would be to do a 12month "get your ID on a Sunday" campaign. That is in each state, open the ID office on Sundays and hand out IDs for free
when republicans tried something similar, they were still yelled at for being racists
LIke, seriously. They can give away IDs for free to anyone who's poor, and they can open up special "get your ID today" offices, and the left still cries foul.

The left doesn't object to IDs because they aren't easy to get. If that was the issue, the dems would simply add things to the law to make it easier.

They shoot the law down every time though.

Also, no, not a lot of voters don't have IDs
a study showed that about 10% of US residents over the age of 18 didn't have an ID, and used that to claim 10% of the voting population didn't have ID
They completely ignore how that number is the MAXIMUM voting population.
When you adjust for those who cannot legally vote (felony, recently moved, etc) that number goes way down.
Like down to 2%

America is fuck-huge
I live in texas and people in Dallas have a different accent than people in houston, or El Paso

Black people in america tend to be from very specific big cities, and develop their speech patterns from those cities.
Chicago, Atlanta, etc.
While in NY, especially NYC, a lot of the "white" population is first or second generation

NYC constantly has people moving in and out of it, but the black population tends to stay.

So it's probably closer to say the rest of NY has a different accent than the black people of NY than vice versa

It seems that the people who tend to lose their ID card are the people who want to vote for democrats. Status: unsorted (or illegal)
Really made me think.

>When you adjust for those who cannot legally vote (felony, recently moved, etc) that number goes way down.
>Like down to 2%

Just make having an ID mandatory. I don't see the issue. You need to have a bank account, no? Don't you need an ID to open a bank account? Same for a mobile phone contract. Who doesn't have a phone?

Are we just talking about people living on the street? If so, then I think it is even more important to get them IDs, because those are often criminals or illegals.

>I live in texas and people in Dallas have a different accent than people in houston, or El Paso

Interesting. In Germany we pretty much have a uniform accent for the masses - a very annoying Prussian German accent. The last remnants of Bavarian or other local accents remain among old people and people in rural areas and interestingly enough among the elites.

And tessera elettorale too

When I learned German I learned it partly from an American teacher (who I think went to Berlin) and a Swiss relative, so now I can only really write in it and sound like shit speaking it

>I feel like [black people] don't know how it [the internet] works

Kek, not even Sup Forums is THIS racist.
Liberal are really mentally ill.

Progressives believe that proving you are who you claim to be is racist.

>The strict Indiana ID system, for instance, accepts only five forms of ID: an Indiana driver’s license, an Indiana ID card, a military ID, a US passport, or a student ID card.[115]

This is "strict" by American standards? What do states usually ask? Your personal signed diary?

The Californian Hispanic enclaves might as well be extensions of fucking Mexico. Not even police really expect people here to speak any english, or carry any form of identification. An illegal can live a day to day life as a "working American" by playing "no speaky" with Police. Same for voting, too. Just show up, say you're an American in spanish, and check your box

wait another 15 years and you'll start noticing a few new accents due to your refugees outreproducing your native pop
the left just refer to hypothetical "poor" people
the kind that don't have an education, or the internet, or bank accounts, or jobs
the 0.01% of the population
but since they just refer to them as "underprivileged minorities" everyone thinks they're talking about the 25% of people in the lower class.
In the US, the left used to be the super racist party, that supported eugenics and slavery and stuff.
a few decades ago, when they realized they lost the fight and now women, blacks, etc all had the right to vote, they just started claiming it was the republicans who were racist.
This was because Nixon won 49 out of 50 states, so any "racist" state could be blamed on the republicans, since Nixon won damn near all of them
Then with Nixon being shamed into resigning, the republican party had such bad press that they couldn't defend against any of the lies the left made
so they just kept calling them sexist, racists, etc.

It's how they kept winning elections, until they got Obama elected, and the whole country got fucked and started voting red at every level.

>and the whole country got fucked and started voting red at every level.
BREAKING NEWS: Clinton got more votes than Trump.
You Americans don't even know the results of your elections...

You would be amazed.

yes, and people buy it in droves out of fear of being labeled "racist"

this is more of the bigotry of low expectations in action. There is nothing stopping anyone from getting a government ID, save a small fee and some time.

Trump won 98% of counties
and I said "at every level"
Republicans currently have
The Presidency
52% of the senate
55% of the house
64% total control over state legislatures
68% of state governors
Ever since Obama was elected, republicans have made huge gains, while their losses have been few and far between (a seat here or there)

Impossible to get IDs because they just don't have time to get Driver or State IDs. Also the fact that it costs time and money to get the ID.

Republicans claim they will create waviers so they are free, but they almost never follow through and thus create defacto and unconstitutional poll taxes on the poor.

>Trump won 98% of counties
Because Americans can't into math and you have one of the most twisted electoral system on Earth. It was good when you needed an horse to travel American from side to side and communicate the result of the voting, now it is just stupid and twisted and every 8 years it gives you problems.

State ID in Italy costs 5€ (or 10€ if you lose it and need a new home). How much can it cost in America? It is just a piece of paper with a stamp not a gold plated credit card.

Also how can you get a driver license without an ID?

$20-$30, which is a still crippling because so many people live paycheck to paycheck and also don't have the time to go to a government office in order to apply (Takes a day because so many people are always there.)

No, you need an ID. And the ID can also be a driver's license. But you don't need your ID to vote, only proof of residence.

Our system is REALLY fucking easy
we have a popular vote in every state
winner of that popular vote gets the state rep to vote for them
whoever has the most wins

Trump had the most, because he won the most popular votes

We aren't one country, we are the united STATES of america.

There is literally not a single thing the entire country population votes on. All voting is contained within a state, or by elected officials from that state.

If I remember right, getting my license way back at the age of 16 required presenting my social security card and birth certificate. You had to go with a parent, too, and I'm pretty sure my father had to show his ID to confirm the address.

This is a leftists meme. The Democrats racism becomes apparent when you ask them why voter ID is racist/prejudice
>"Because minorities don't know where to go to get them or something"

There was a video where someone literally was walking around asking niggers and spics if they knew where to get ID's and they would answer "right over there at the DMV"

Demoshits AGAIN are just using "racism" as an excuse not to have their illegal voting base taken from them.

16 in Texas (6 if you're a senior)
so pretty comparable to your replacement fees

I love buttblasting retarded shitlibs by baiting them into their smuggie "oh i wish we had Australian Healthcare and Gun Control" state then just dropping that we have voter ID.

Fucking India can manage it for gods sake, if niggers are dumber than Indians they don't deserve to live.

>In Australia, where voting is compulsory for all adult citizens, no form of ID is required to cast a ballot at an election; instead, voters are asked three questions before being issued a ballot, so that they can be checked off the electoral roll: (1) what is your full name; (2) where do you live; and (3) have you voted before in this election?[1] On election day, voters can vote at any polling place in their state of residence, and at selected polling places in other states.[2]

How does the State avoid people voting N times by telling different names? Do they check after if what you said was true?

Wtf? Im always asked for ID for federal elections.

Every polling location has volunteers with a big ass roll of everyone in their division, with multiple polling places per division, they check your ID and cross you off. They then compare the rolls during the count and if you've been crossed off at multiple places you get 15k fine or 1 year in jail.

Pretty much what happens here. Only difference is that we have sections for every town and you have to vote ONLY in the section you are assigned to. Also they put a stamp on your "tessera elettorale", which is a document you need to have to cast a vote.

>you get 15k fine or 1 year in jail.
That is harsh but fair..

IIRC 90% of our 'Voter Fraud' is clerical error and the other 10% is old fogies forgetting they already voted.

Oh it occurs to me that since we have 100% voter turn out that it would be impossible to vote twice as it would be highly obvious.
Unlike americans impersonating the dead or non voters.

When you get an ID, they give you a temporary paper one (100% legal) while your real, laminated, watermarked one gets made.

That is, you can instantly get a new ID if you have the correct qualifications.

Listen buddy the Hillary campaign said blacks are too stupid to get IDs so thats proof enough for me.

They are not always free, depends on the state. In mine for example they are the racist price of $8.50.

No one ever asked for my ID. Just my full name.

Dems don't want ID laws because they know that such laws would kill a large portion of their voter base by preventing illegal voting and by preventing destitute, retarded nigs from voting

I used to only get an ID when I was younger and didn't drive, I could go in at most any time to get an ID and it'd take maybe 30-60 minutes.

The left claims the right are nothing but brain dead simpletons yet you can't ask their hordes of niggers spics and druggie white trash to fill out a form. I'd like to know who the bigger retards are.

Democrats can't win elections without fraud.

It stops Mexican nationals from voting in US elections.

You forget the average nog looks much older than they actually are due to poor genetics

Liberals think that niggers are too stupid to have ids.

they couldn't bus people in if they forced people to show IDs

Just another question to Americans. Do you need an ID to get a an health insurance from a company ?
If yes then what is the issue with showing your ID during the voting process? You are already supposed to have one or you are going to die at the first flu you catch (not to mention these IDs are useful because having a nationwide database the doctors can check in a minute if you are allergic to any particular substance and maybe avoid killing you with the wrong anesthetic).

The DNC relies on bussing around poor blacks and illegal beaners to vote4Hillary. And their (the NAACP/DNC) argument is demeaning to the citizenry--"blacks are too poor/stupid to get a free photo ID!" "undocumented workers are too scared to go get one!" Nigga can't buy smokes or liquor without an ID and the illegals can go vote IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES if they're not a citizen of the USA. Minorities HAVE identification, you fucking racists.

>Your personal signed diary?
Hitler could vote in America. Wouldn't that be racist?

>Niggers are too dumb to get an ID ahead of time
How the fuck can you be a citizen and don't have an ID?

Blacks without ID: 17%
Whites without ID: 15%

Wow, what a huge difference. Clearly it would be a really effective way of specifically discouraging one race from voting.

Oh, no wait. You're full of shit. Btw, the same forms of ID that tend to be required for voting are the same forms of ID that are REQUIRED to collect welfare. Democrats fight voter ID laws because they overwhelmingly take advantage of voter fraud, and these laws would make those tactics in effective or too much effort to undertake.

>Just another question to Americans. Do you need an ID to get a an health insurance from a company ?
You usually need one to get a job unless your employer is shady

I can't even comprehend why it's even an issue. ID's are free here, and if you can't gather 5 bucks for a picture of yourself, maybe life as a whole is too complicated for you.

we don't have a de facto state ID card in the US. proof of citizenship is either a valid local birth certificate (from US soil), a registration of consular birth abroad, a certificate of naturalization, or a US passport/passport card (passport book or passport card requires one of the above [registration of birth abroad/birth certificate/naturalization cert]

and we don't have fee exempt passports/passport cards unless you work for the government and need to travel on government business

And how!

>piece of paper with a stamp
yeah, no. in the US our state issued IDs vary in security. high security IDs like new york use polycarbonate with holograms, raised lettering/signature on the face, and a laser etched transparent "window" where the person's photo is visible through both sides.

replacement of a conventional license is about $20 USD in NY.

But whites without ID'S don't vote. Spics without id's, do vote.

Once again, it's really not about the nogs, but the nogs made it about them.

That's a driver license, and you need a special certification for this.
Why don't you have an ID for existing in the country?

>no but ids disenfranchise minorities from voting
ids for guns then must disenfranchise minority's 2nd amendment right I guess

I only recently found out about this and its baffling.

Like I know that its common for americans to not get a passport because most of them never see a true reason to leave a bigass country like that, but the no ID thing is really something.