bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40933704

>Drug deaths in Scotland rose by 23% in 2016
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40935150

>N Korea leader 'briefed' on Guam plan but opts to wait
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40931775

>Grenfell fire: Inquiry to examine council actions
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40935955

>NHS Waiting Times Are a Postcode Lottery
theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/15/nhs-waiting-times-and-treatment-access-are-a-postcode-lottery-report-warns

>Commuters brace for steepest fare rise in five years as UK inflation rises to 3.6%
theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/15/commuters-brace-for-steepest-fare-rise-in-five-years-as-uk-inflation-rises-to-36

>Theresa May's plan to leave EU behind by making UK global trade leader with NO borders
express.co.uk/news/politics/841252/Brexit-news-Theresa-May-transition-EU-trade-deal-no-borders-global-trade

>Holborn Tube station evacuated after 'loud bang and smoke' - Central line suspended
express.co.uk/news/uk/841231/london-underground-holborn-tube-stattion-evacuated-loud-bang-smoke-fire-alert-latest-news

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TyGhg8BmECw
youtube.com/watch?v=m8fOhg2XoKs
youtube.com/watch?v=NEwdo_AlqKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=utDEkUWyQ8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GpK7jajX-rQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w55A9o9AGiY
youtube.com/watch?v=6wPhiIkvU04&list=PLYOaFvSd0bB1JUkf9Q0GW8l8xCyJRooEo
youtube.com/watch?v=PZtYENfNa7k
youtube.com/watch?v=w6qYjisp51M
youtube.com/watch?v=t-8ScJZ-ewI
youtube.com/watch?v=WwvQKwPvPeo
youtube.com/watch?v=3wqAONXOxSk
youtube.com/watch?v=yEwpKCXirC8
youtube.com/watch?v=dc26aTCwyYM
youtube.com/watch?v=SBa1U5Jj-PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IPo6e4GT-co
youtube.com/watch?v=hmm0tjWP9e4
youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA
youtube.com/watch?v=lSBrn6wTZSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cheers for posting with new links lad. Got muted and thought somebody would forget for sure.

RECOMMENDED VIEWING FOR BRIT/POL/

>BBC The Great Offices of State: 1. The Dark Department
youtube.com/watch?v=TyGhg8BmECw

>BBC The Great Offices of State: 2. Palace of Dreams
youtube.com/watch?v=m8fOhg2XoKs

>BBC The Great Offices of State: 3. The Secret Treasury
youtube.com/watch?v=NEwdo_AlqKQ

>The Secret World of Whitehall Episode 1 The Real Sir Humphrey
youtube.com/watch?v=utDEkUWyQ8Y

>The Secret World of Whitehall Episode 2 Behind the Black Door
youtube.com/watch?v=GpK7jajX-rQ

>The Secret World of Whitehall Episode 3 The Network
youtube.com/watch?v=w55A9o9AGiY

>Monarchy - David Starkey
youtube.com/watch?v=6wPhiIkvU04&list=PLYOaFvSd0bB1JUkf9Q0GW8l8xCyJRooEo

> UK Supreme Court: The Highest Court in the Land
youtube.com/watch?v=PZtYENfNa7k

>Kenneth Clark's Civilisation - The Skin of our Teeth
youtube.com/watch?v=w6qYjisp51M

>This Sceptic Isle
youtube.com/watch?v=t-8ScJZ-ewI

>Home Town Fanatics
youtube.com/watch?v=WwvQKwPvPeo

>How We Fell For Europe
youtube.com/watch?v=3wqAONXOxSk

>The Night of the Long Knives
youtube.com/watch?v=yEwpKCXirC8

>Enoch Powell Documentary
youtube.com/watch?v=dc26aTCwyYM

>The Making of Modern Britain series
youtube.com/watch?v=SBa1U5Jj-PQ

> The Strange Case of the Law, episode 1 of 3, Laying Down the Law
youtube.com/watch?v=IPo6e4GT-co

no worries cheers for compiling them

New BBC Three video. And it's about us.

youtube.com/watch?v=hmm0tjWP9e4

I was going to post until I got muted for (jokingly) threatening to burn Honk's house down, I finished the supreme court documentary last night and that female judge provided absolutely nothing. You were right about the divorce case. She claims it was """sexist""" because all the men (everybody but her) voted against women being able to seize half of your shit but she was for it.

You're a leaf friend. That doesn't make me hate your tripfaggotry so much. We have Colonial as our resident Australian, you can be our resident Canadian.

You're also the first person to post new links since Cope around 20 links ago so congratulations.

besides from me*

thumbs it up to counter the remoaners

Nonce.

>how's the willytree going lad?

H-how did you know that was me, stop following me.

It died lad, was my birthday, forgot to water it so shriveled up like a willy in wnter

I will plant more seeds

Also don't read the comments.

And now she is president of the supreme court. Just started watching the bottom link. I think the law is a big part of politics that gets forgotten about

Lady Hale is now the most senior judge in the Supreme Court, she had none of the legal background of her male contemporaries but this is presented as odds she overcame including being a woman, not that she isn't qualified but being a woman trumped that.

What on Earth is with this "Things Not To Say to X" series? Fucking grow a pair and if you can't take it you're a wee fanny.

>I think the law is a big part of politics that gets forgotten about
Mongs ITT will claim law isn't part of politics and screech about it coming up. It definitely is. Upset to hear she's president of the supreme court now, that's another reason it needs to be bulldozed.

Insanity. Like I said, furthering the case for the supreme court to be abolished IMO.

: )

youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA

These are my links senpai

It's hardly any issue with the Supreme Court, it's society in general. Even if it was still the HoL, diversity would still be getting pushed.

kek you're pretty easily identifiable by your posts desu.

cheers lad
the utter state of the comments

Every time an American comes into this thread funposting I'm posting this or linking to the post its attached to.

In some ways America is more conservative, but MAN they really have some nutjobs in their country. I know we had Rhodes must fall, but that campaign failed. Here the police are just watching as a statue is taken down. They are just on another level..

Hello Mr Rimmers :3

>called Swashbuckler
>is disabled

Roll your wheelchair off the plank.

Fuck, they sure showed him!

Brexit is still an expensive and time-consuming exercise in damage control.

Better call the whole thing off.

I have other problems with the supreme court. It's essentially interpretation of the law, personal bias isn't meant to come through, though clearly it does like, for example, with Lady Hale. That's the inevitable with any institute like the supreme court. I also see the problem that it overshadows need for change by reasserting previous rulings which, granted, isn't their job (to change) but it blocks the issue from reappearing again for some time, like the HM treasury vs Ahmed case.

Lady Hale being president of it, little much I know about her, is just furthering it.

Lads what do I do if I fail my AS level exams??

TUNNOCK'S TEACAKES DESU

resit and waste a year of your life
hahahaha

I failed mine, then did a BTEC (way easier)
Then still got into a top 20 uni

Hello

Tfw you both are cucks

There has to be a senior court in the land otherwise appeals could go on forever, and unless we staff it with robots, personal opinions will always be involved in a judges interpretation of laws.

I can't see the police in that webm

AS? Either redo your current subjects or pick new ones.

The real question is WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO I FUCKED UP MY A LEVELS ARGUGHHH

Lads, please, tell me that four years of college isn't that bad...

Finland is nice, just got back from a weekend trip there. All the women are beautiful...

Eh, this kind of thing is happening in most countrys, you just hear about it more from the US/UK because of English being the language of global communication De facto.

I mean, if we go into Finland you guys also have a refugee problem, though its alot smaller. And bordering the failing state of Swedens not going to help.

They are out of camera shot, just behind the crowd just watching.

holy fuck I need to stop drinking and start working out again
got a nice set of moobs now reee
what's a good time frame for me to get rid of my moobs if I work hard at it?

>but it blocks the issue from reappearing again for some time
Generally, though, that's a good thing. You don't want the same issue being re-examined ad nauseum for years on end, it's a waste of time and resources. That's why we use precedent in the first place.

Good to see you back after you litttle haitus lad

Law is most important part of politics

>another reason it needs to be bulldozed.
It will become the highest court in the land once Brexit has been enacted

Redo a few modules next year plus fucking concentrate and work hard

4-5 years of consistent effort

>and unless we staff it with robots
Yes I understand this bit, but on issues where it is specifically noted they should be non-partisan and will, sometimes unknowingly, allow personal biases to come out. This is the case with the divorce ruling on the documentary as well which made me think about this specifically. Through no legal right, which is why she was the only one for it, she was for women, or mostly women, seizing half of your shit after marriage on the basis that marriage was not similar to a business contract. It was clearly her gender which influenced that decision, and she admitted as much when she called the rest sexist for voting against it.

How about a change in the supreme courts position? I recognise their importance and that judges want the law to be as specific as possible but I just don't like the position the current supreme court holds and how it knocks certain issues out of the water simply by making rulings on it.

>We will rally round the flag, boys, we'll rally once again
>Shouting a battle-cry of, "FREEDOM!"
>Beneath it oft we've conquered, we'll conquer oft again
>Shouting a battle-cry of, "FREEDOM!"
Iconoclasm really is shit, how can people revile their own history so much?

>got a nice set of moobs now

Warra ya sayin' like

h-hai, I shouldn't be back desu I need to /sortmyselfout/

>It will become the highest court in the land once Brexit has been enacted
Well that's a step over the two highest European courts. I still have personal gripes with the supreme court in our system.

What are you taking lad? If you're taking anything other than a science, you must be fucking thick to fail your AS exams

I dont think it matters if you fail your as exams, i did mine last year they were just mocks for my a levels. You teachers will probably advise you to drop the subjects though

>I still have personal gripes with the supreme court in our system.
At least we can protest and have a realistic chance of reforming it, due to it being based in Westminster not Brussels or Strasbourg

only 2 days lad

That should be true, but just in practice which is one of my gripes with the supreme court I mentioned, whenever the supreme court makes a ruling on what is law, that issue never seems to resurface, or for a while which shouldn't be the case. Asserting what the law is does not make it just. You see this with the supreme court in the US, albeit different the role it played in legalising same sex marriage (just as an example, I have others) is similar to the role our own plays.

is this, dare i say it, /arewog/ ?

So you don't know if you've made the grades yet?

Kek

>AS jitters

I remember that. Funny looking back on it.

D. Asher

Good name for a sprinter

AS sounds hard desu

True

The fintech business is booming, should I learn coding and get work experience to apply to a hedge fund or a finance degree? (After completing my A-levels -- is it worth going to uni I guess lads?)

This is a common debate in the role of judges, it is possible for the judiciary to functionally operate as a legislator by interpreting laws as they see fit. It is a requirement that the judiciary do not usurp parliaments intentions when interpreting statute. But then we have famous judges such as Lord Denning who by most accounts far out stepped his boundaries as a member of the judiciary but many consider his interpretations of law to be talismans of our modern constition.
But as I seem to say a lot around here, this is the fault of an immature and fractured electorate. When the judiciary starts to overstep their bounds, they electorate should demand their representatives hold them accountable, but nobody really cares about this shit anymore. Not while love islands got talent is on.

i didn't give a fuck about my as i get my a level results and am trying to get into uni

Yes imo, but the startup bubble will burst very soon

I think I'm going to become a teetotal. What do you guys think of that.

No, university is shit
Learn a trade or get a job and you'll earn billions more than your uni counterparts

I know mine are shit because for one exam I only did half and I didn't even get out of bed for another. I actually woke up to a call from my lecturer asking if I was going to turn up.

Begin aquiring firearms

>is it worth going to uni
you don't have to as long as you say you went to the university of life

Im taking maths, economics, religious education and gov & pol

Hey there MI5, how's it going?

Why so many ? You only needed 3 you spaz

>religious education

Why not just drink moderately?

t. mi5 agent

I feel worried on my economics exams...

Well that's the point of the common law system. You need a highest authority somewhere. It was just an antiquated and confusing clusterfuck having it in the HoL.

Our Supreme Court isn't as influential or politicized as the SCOTUS who are the final arbiters of the US constitution. Parliament can undo a UKSC decision fairly easily if there is a political will to do so.

Its a waste of money and I refuse to believe the memes that it's healthy somehow.
Alcohol doesn't really taste that great, unless you've jacked your tolerance up enough that you basically need to drink it.

Are there any trade schools that make you learn about I.T.?

economics exams are piss easy AS and A2.

Join the ascetic master-race. Recreational drugs of all forms are selfish and hedonistic.

Fair enough lad - so you have roughly 9 months to turn this ship around, but even then it's not the end of the world, with things like access courses if you drop education until you're into your early twenties.

>inb4 were there mitigating health reasons for you not turning up, or leaving the exam early?

Would it not be better just to have elected supreme court judges like the yanks do? I mean all humans have bias, the best we can do is acknowledge that, be open about it and have the public select which bias we want.

>Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. Burt Bacharach

Im a Catholic bitch!

You take 4 at the beginning then drop one for the second yr of a-levels

If you just revised regularly for about a month before your exams, did your past papers for maths and practiced some essay questions (and learned roughly how each exam wants you to answer each question) for the other three, you should get a C any day. I got full marks on one of politics exam by cramming the night before.

The position of the court could allow them to narrow interpretation and blackspots in the law down, whilst doing something as simple as parliamentary discourse after the ruling which analyses the laws in effect and in response to the issue. I'm also of the obvious opinion that appointment to the Supreme Court should, first of all, be done formally by the Monarch without ministerial advice (as always) and serve requirements that were necessary only a generation ago. Institutes like the supreme court certainly should not be subject to current diversity wishes and should be an appointment based off experience and education. Problem is, which isn't one I care about but people do, you end up with a court of aristocrats and rich people which everybody decries, the alternative is so much worse though.

>But as I seem to say a lot around here, this is the fault of an immature and fractured electorate
It puts it into perspective though. So many issues from the highest points of our government to judiciary to local councils could be solved by a more active electorate.

do they actually teach about anything other than islam??

What grade you get?

I WANT CHCIKEN
>I WANT LIVER
MEOWMIX
>MEOWMIX
PLEASE
D
E
L
I
V
E
R

They don't. The President puts up candidates, the Senate confirms or denies the choice.

>Pound to reach parity with euro

Remember the Owen Jones call-in, does anyone have the recording