Zachary Kelly

Prove me wrong, I dare you.

Matthew Adams
Matthew Adams

The south lost
Umm... No, sweetie.

Jaxon Green
Jaxon Green

A statue isn't a trophy. It just recognizes someone that was historically significant.

Dylan Baker
Dylan Baker

Why do you consider monuments trophies?

Matthew Ortiz
Matthew Ortiz

leftie "logic"

Jordan Foster
Jordan Foster

This actually makes a lot of sense considering leftist are always claiming the statues are celebrating slavery and genocide.

Jonathan Myers
Jonathan Myers

monuments are trophies

Andrew Stewart
Andrew Stewart

A trophy also recognizes the significance of someone who participated in a competition.

Noah Brown
Noah Brown

The statues are memorials to the dead in a war. Almost every war is memorialised by both sides. a trophy represents a win in an event. I wouldn't ave an issue with the losers getting a 'losers memorial'

Elijah Gomez
Elijah Gomez

As a Trump supporter myself, you got us.

Ayden Lee
Ayden Lee

You're autistic if you think this is related

Jordan King
Jordan King

Yes, but a trophy is given to the person that won a competition or for high merits in the competition, the significance of such is to give something for which the COMPETITION may be remembered by.
Participation trophies diminish the importance that the individuals give to the competition, because having a trophy for participating in a competition means that every participant will have something to remember the competition by, but it will be less important still, and it directly diminishes the authority that the competition has.

Basically, if you think monuments are trophies you're thinking of history as a competition, that's fucking retarded.

Oliver Fisher
Oliver Fisher

Not an argument.

Brandon Baker
Brandon Baker

Its only fitting that the statues come down at a time nearing another civil war. Part of the agreement for peace was that the south got to honor those who had fallen and those who fought. Now that the statues are coming down they are throwing this peace agreement out and the conflict can begin anew.

Julian Jackson
Julian Jackson

Wow this is such a retarded meme

Jack Thomas
Jack Thomas

forced dichotomy

Jace Thompson
Jace Thompson

you're making a false equivalency here m8. It's about history not about who won. The trophy was control of slavery, the statue is more like a photo. the war wasn't about who could put a statue where. You see? you see now babby? :^)

Jeremiah Sanders
Jeremiah Sanders

Guess you should stop jerking off over Hamilton, then.

Noah Green
Noah Green

Martyrs not losers

Lucas Brown
Lucas Brown

This.

Anthony Foster
Anthony Foster

It's the equivalent to a memorial or tombstone. What sort of mental gymnastics do you need to go through to see otherwise?

Colton Sanders
Colton Sanders

you are correct.
Thats why we have two separate words for those two definitions of separate objects with no correlation

Jayden Powell
Jayden Powell

OK.
Right! Like that statue of Lenin in Seattle. Lenin didn't even have a stake in Seattle; or the USA, for that matter. His historical significance is in relation to helping found a movement that allowed 10s of millions to be killed while testing a political theory.

I suppose process improvement is only realized through implementation, so there's that. Hence, statue.

Ryan Hughes
Ryan Hughes

Better pull down the l'arch de triumph in Paris.

And all roman ruins.

The muslims were right t burn the library at Alexandria.

And the Jewish temple should be ripped down stone by stone including the wall.