Why would you build a statue of someone who lost a war?

why would you build a statue of someone who lost a war?
is it the same mentality that makes americans celebrate the vietnam war, even though they got defeated?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cause_of_the_Confederacy
youtube.com/watch?v=eclbaC3q94k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why even read history books for that matter? I mean they all dead n shit right

maybe it was built before they lost?

>why would you build a statue of someone who lost a war?
You live on an island of defeats. The Romans fucked you, the Vikings fucked you, the Normans fucked you.

No one "wins" civil wars.

a statue is not a book.
statues are idolatrous, not educational.
i'm not suggesting you rewrite history. i'm questioning why you would build a statue of a loser.
do you need me to simplify my sentiment even further, you thick cunt?

There is such a thing as honoring the dead, you know.

Also:
>americans celebrate the vietnam war, even though they got defeated
We pulled out because of fucking protesting (the same protests that make libfags today think they're can actually do shit) and because of messy politics.
We don't celebrate it, we just remember those who died in vain because of fucking hippies and shitty politicians.

You Dutch are so innocent. Like giant, gentle retards.

What kind of cowardly villain only enters wars he thinks he can win? What kind of scum weighs the odds as if, for a certain price, he would betray his principles?

Congratulations on defeating the white men who ride for their niggas, die for their niggas, though.

With the same logic the USA should remove any native memorials or any land belonging to native american nations, after all they did lose and they are an enemy to the USA.

>We pulled out because of fucking protesting
is that what they teach you?
fucking hell. it's worse than i thought.
mate, you were on the verge of capitulation long before any withdrawal.

He was one of the greatest generals in U.S. history and for that reason he has an honorable place in that history. I'd assume someone such as you Sir Ahmed Muhammad ibn Cornwallis would understand the situation perfectly, but I suppose the state madrassahs have to make room in the curriculum.

>statues are idolatrous, not educational.
Maybe if you rather choose wilful ignorance, which you obviously do.

Also
>I get to determine what symbols mean personally to complete strangers.
Spoken like a true subhuman.

>He was one of the greatest generals in U.S. history
ye, and he lost.
tells you something about the calibre of U.S military leaders.
name a single war america has won.
and you didn't when the revolution by the way, the french did.

Are there statues of scots in scotland? Fuck yourself

It's how Southern politicians used to negotiate for gibs from Washington, D.C. They'd bring up the awfulness of their treatment during and after the Confederate Rebellion and then they'd get what they wanted. Kind of like your Scotland, Wales and N.I. in relation to England, I suppose...

I never did like it, because the Afro.-plantations in this country meant civic nationalism, or maybe it was a time of a multi-racial Christian nationalism, but really I am an ethno-nationalist because it's obvious that race does make a critical difference in having a first-world country—i.e. nearly all of the first world countries are white.

It was a political defeat, the Vietnam War became unpopular with the US electorate due to a loss of national morale. US forces never suffered a military defeat.

I would suggest that everyone read up on the Southern withdrawal from the Union.
It was probably the most dignified separation ever attempted.
The people in charge were true leaders and gentlemen.

You have to go pray at the mosque now Nigel Al Bongi

The American Civil War is a complicated and tragic subject for Americans. Or it used to be until the Left managed to make it into Star Wars with its simplistic portrayal of good and bad. We honor them because they fought honorably.

>Are there statues of scots in scotland?
>Canadian education
But the Scots actually won, and the Scottish wars of independence cannot be compared to the American civil war or Vietnam.

Maybe it was built by those who symphatized him.

Statue is only idolatrous if you let it be, same with paintings.

Scotland won the wars of Independence.
The kingdoms were united by a Scottish King, James VI.

>north americans in charge of history lessons

He was a great man and the best military mind our nation ever produced. Their is honor in fighting for a just cause

It happened in the aftermath of them trying to bring their Afro.-plantations into Kansas and farther west, user. Those areas were meant for white people, and so the culture mobilised against the idea of the system of slavery that would bring those blacks there. Of course, the Southerners who later became Confederates wanted to keep their slaves—they would have sent them back with one of the colonisation societies to Africa, otherwise—and ultimately the same cultural momentum that made Kansas and such off-limits to the Afro.-plantations included the criminalisation of slavery in toto throughout the country.

Sup Forums does not support multi-racial societies over white ones, something to know.

Stop being so salty, that's hardly banter.

Gloria Victis heh

Remember to wear acid resistant goggles today!

History.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

>you were on the verge of capitulation long before any withdrawal.
We were just days away from Ho Chi Minh marching through D.C.

>the best military mind our nation ever produced.
>lost

top fucking lel, you rednecks are dumb as rocks

Southerners start the largest pro-slavery insurrection in history to defend their 'states right' to own black people as farm animals forever. After getting curbstomped, they spent the next century denying they'd done anything wrong and kept blacks as second class citizens for almost a century.

The victor writes history, homeboy.

We never lost Vietnam
It was a proxy war to see how American technology fed against the soviets and in that case we won.
You retarded nugger.

>brit education
Robert e Lee helped us conquer Mexico shithead.

>We never lost Vietnam
>it wasn't an actual war

Well history is going to change. Don't start something you can't finish, redcoat.

Lee fought for Virginia and those who lived in it.

If Virginia had not seceded, he would have led the Union forces.

He was a stellar general and statesman and an upstanding American.

He's a Southern hero.

>yfw there are men who failed spectacularly or were simply unfortunate enough to be on the losing side, and are more worth remembering than your 9 to 5 cashier ass

Right, had to test how jet bombers fare against Soviet rifles.

I hate this sentiment, it's just a subtle way of accusing your opponent of bias.

Through the lost cause, the south controlled the narrative of the war with effects still seen today.

>Let's just forget about things that happened, what's the worse that could happen?
Even by brit standards you're a faggot. You guys should have a statue of Hadrian along the ancient wall, that'd be cool. You understand why, right?

Because it's history. Because those were American leaders. Because they study their strategies still at West Point. Because they were considered great leaders for their people.
As Americans live in the south, those statues represent their ancestors struggle. Wrong, right, doesn't matter because we can learn from it.
Great men of history get statues. And every great man has haters. But I wouldn't go tearing down Napoleon statues just because he lost and I don't agree with his monarchy politics.
I wouldn't because it's a part of French history and a part of their culture.
Same it is with us.
You asked the wrong questions. If you'd asked why bother to tear statues down of long dead men? Well the answer to that relates to what I said before. It's about destroying white culture. Entirely. I saw a Dem say earlier on here in another thread that they should tear down all the monuments in DC too. Because that's what this is really about. It's not about the civil war. It's about annihilating white culture and history entirely.

Lee also fought in the Mexican America War, along side future Union generals. Lee was a loved man throughout America after the Civil War.

It's a statue to remember the cause dumb ass

we didn't loose a single military conflict

even calling the war a phyrric victory for the vietnamese would be incorrect

It was entirely political jewing that removed us from the war, and the fact that South Vietnam was a shithole that was run by utterly inept leadership. If South Vietnam had competent leadership and was actually able to defend their own nation, then nobody would be saying that the US lost the war. Because really, it wasn't us that failed, it was South Vietnam.

LEXINGTON, KY IS NEXT
LEXINGTON, KY IS NEXT
LEXINGTON, KY IS NEXT

Better throw this one in the dumpster as well then.

>It happened in the aftermath of them trying to bring their Afro.-plantations into Kansas and farther west, user.
Don't misrepresent what this was. The US was expanding and the slave owning states wanted a 50/50 ratio.
> Of course, the Southerners who later became Confederates wanted to keep their slaves
Because the North was raising economic sanctions against the south and extracting a unholy fuckton of money from them. There was no way around using slaves, which were being phased out as automation of work processes were being developed. The North has slaves long after the South didn't.
>they would have sent them back with one of the colonisation societies to Africa
Why the FUCK Booth shot Lincoln BEFORE he sent the Africans back is beyond me. Way to ruin the entire fucking country.
>Sup Forums does not support multi-racial societies over white ones, something to know.
No shit, but that doesn't help us now.

Why would you honor and remember slaves when they're the literal definition of losers?

Same with the Holocaust victims.

Because it's history and it's important to remember these things.

Yeah, you should never honor the dead of the losing side, after all, they lost and deserve to be punished harshly so they realize what they did wrong!

It's another episode of Muhammad not understanding the honor in brother wars

do scots have monuments to scots?
do english have monuments from when they were ruled by rome/french normans/german kings?

well i certainly hope not or you might actually sound like a retard

hell you are owned and operated by germans again today better take down all those british monuments

It wasn't a statement of intent. It's a reality.
The victor writes the history books.
Hadrian and the failed roman conquest of Scotland is a great example.
For centuries people believed the picts were naked barbarians, fighting with stone clubs and sticks. Because this is what the roman chroniclers told us. Only in the last 20 years have archaeological findings revealed the truth, they were a highly advanced peoples with extensive trade networks, advanced agriculture and armour and weaponry to rival the romans. Now we know they didn't didn't reject roman rule because they were mad savages, like the romans wrote, but because they didn't feel like the romans had anything to offer them. Though they were never outright subjugated by Rome, they were effectively isolated and cut off by the more dominant and influential roman empire. So rome in this sense was the victor, and as such they wrote the history, even though it was complete bullshit.

Better knock down big ben, nobody uses that clock anymore, thay have cell phones.

South wrote the history of the war

bad example user, American schools unironically teach kids that the Vietnam war was "a tie"

But Colonel Sanders won the war on chicken

Why would you honor someone who owned and mantained slaves? That's the same as giving your jobs to foreigners in the first place?

You typed a whole lot without justifying the removal of historical statues of figures from our history. If if was just "victor rules" then we wouldn't have put the statues up in the first place, clearly we wanted to remember them but now privileged children are going after them in some sort of misplaced rage at white history.
This isn't okay, you know full-well it's not.

You do understand without mass suppression the victor doesn't write history anymore. The reason Krauts apologize for WWII is because we suppressed the shit out of them. After the civil war no one gave a shit literally everyone just kinda got on with life there was no suppression just getting over it.

>slavery is illegal in 1863
>war started two years earlier
>somehow the war is totally about slavery and nothing else guys please dont look into this just believe me

>is it the same mentality that makes americans celebrate the vietnam war, even though they got defeated?

>north vietnam sues for peace
>we agree to terms and call the war a draw
>a few months later the north vietnamese invade the south again in a separate war
>somehow this is a "loss" because we didn't get involved again.

Troll the Yanks

Why is there a statue of Albert Pike? Piss off, kike.

What is federal industrialization n' sheet?

eat a dick bachi boy

>do scots have monuments to scots?
yes, because they won.
youtube.com/watch?v=eclbaC3q94k

We don't celebrate the Vietnam war, paki
Look at the movies we've made about Nam. Everyone hates that war

Because the next best thing to fighting and winning is fighting and losing

You forgot to mention the part where North Vietnam had its population reduced to pebbles.

history in modern times just depends on which war time propaganda everyone took to like the fake killing of children that sparked desert storm

or the "hitler only liked blonde blue eyed people" even though tons of shit skins served in the nazi army and half jews

Loke the revolutionary war england lost? Or how pooinloos fought and ran you off. Or how vietnam was too scary for england to help. Or how the sas in iraq got captured because they were too pussy to dig a fucking foxhole and got spotted by goat fuckers, were capture and gave out information vital to the operation.

Jock detected. Pic related, now kindly fuck off.

The statue was one of four commissioned statues of famous Virginians.

There's one with Stonewall Jackson, some founding father from Virginia, and Lewis and Clark.

This one particular statue has about as little to do with racism and the confederacy as possible.

Forgot pic

>that picture

im shaking, nigel

you need to read about General Lee. Seriously, he was not anything like you are thinking

>memorial to dead soldiers
>statue of an individual

if you can't tell the difference you're a fucking potato, to be honest.

Every fighter that bravely and heroicly fought in war should be honored, respected and remembered.

But I doubt the britcuck like you would ever understand this.

The great days of your empire are long over and now is your country of decadence and cucks rotten to its very roots and controlled by femishits, libtards, muzzies, commies and cucks.

The US clearly won. Vietnam now produces shoes for Nike.

Since the Boxer rebellion this is a giant factor in the outcome of victories and the level of autonomy after them.

they stand as reminders of what we defeated, and what happens we the people are divided
and now they are toppled by those who want to see this country divided, because we failed to learn from them

That doesn't matter, I fully expect statues of Union generals to start getting this treatment soon because antifags are too dumb to know any better.

Robert E. Lee was a fucking American hero and it's the miseducation of American youth that portrays him as anything other than an American hero who understood what this nation was built on.

From his letter to George Washington Custis Lee:

"As an American citizen, I take great pride in my country, her prosperity and institutions, and would defend any State if her rights were invaded. But I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than a dissolution of the Union. It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation. I hope, therefore, that all constitutional means will be exhausted before there is a resort to force... Still, a Union that can only be maintained by swords and bayonets, and in which strife and civil war are to take the place of brotherly love and kindness, has no charm for me. I shall mourn for my country and for the welfare and progress of mankind. If the Union is dissolved, and the Government disrupted, I shall return to my native State and share the miseries of my people, and save in defense will draw my sword on none."

It's a statue of somebody who lost a war

The war never ended.

no it's not.
it's a memorial at the sight of a mass grave you insensitive cunt.
don't make me come down there and slap you about, nigel.

see
then use pic related, you worthless paki

The civil war is a little different than just two political parties trying to obtain a gain. It was a cultural thing as well, the states seen this and really didn't care enough to try and convert the south to a different culture when you can just let them be.

Bong? You have a statue of Oliver Cromwell, a guy who cut off your kings head and let the Jews back into your country in your capital.

Now I know you're retarded
I bet you think that the tet offensive was a win for the commies lmao

>No argument

Don't ignore. How well did it work shaming a defeated group of people and harshly/severely punishing them? How many people could have been spared in the 1930s-1940s if Britain hadn't decided that the "losing" side shouldn't be treated well and allowed to stand on their feet, but rather kicked them when they were down? If you colossal fucking faggots had listened to Woodrow Wilson you wouldn't have created the environment which spawned the Nazis to begin with.

>Be American 1866
>War is over, southerners (who are still Americans) are already planning when they're going to revolt again
>North could seriously fuck up reconstruction if they treat all rebels as traitorous criminals
>Decide that instead of spending the next 50+ years fighting guerrilla warfare in the appalachian mountains its best to forgive and forget
>Allow southerners to have pride in their struggle because it doesn't matter, since they're living in the victor's world anyway
>Statues go up, but the south never rises again.

Fucking kek, a Scot lecturing the Yanks about not romanticising lost wars, when that's basically what your culture consists of. My sides.

johnny reb needs a hair cut, right below the neckline

brits celebrate that celt bitch who tried to fuck with the romans, who ended up slaughtering her.

That's a good point.
Can you imagine germans erecting statues of hitler post 1945?
how mad would that be?

>>Statues go up, but the south never rises again.
>Instead they proceed to violently oppress black people and set the country back 100 years in race relations
The North was no utopia, but the South was fucking terrible