Why do liberals hate this man?

Why do liberals hate this man?

He opposed slavery.

>He opposed slavery.
he is a complete madman, why on earth would you make slavery illegal?

He knew where he came from. He had something the left will never understand, let alone have, pride and honour.

Because he was respected, honorable and principled white man that reminds everyone that literally everybody looked down on niggers back in the day.

He must be made into satan and/or forgotten.

He should have opposed anything but instant repatriation of all niggers to Liberia. ALL niggers.

The South imported them, the South bred them and it was all for money.

>Norway
>On General Lee
Seems legit

Liberals think everything in black or white, and they can't see history as something that doesn't belongs to them.

Jeg sverger at jeg ikke bruker proxy.

Lee was a great man.

After reading his Wikipedia I must admit that he sounds like a good guy. He didn't like slavery and it seems like he had nothing against negroes, he was a good military leader who helped to calm things down during the post-war. Why such hate?

Childish Hollywood influenced view of history as being composed of good guys vs bad guys. Lee fought on the wrong side so he's a bad guy. Too immature minds to have nuanced and complex view of history.

but, I just learned this after 5 min in Wikipedia, why can't leftists do this?

because refighting a 150 year old war is how they make themselves feel better.

They lost all three branches of government in november, they lost every special election, and will most likely lose the midterms. They blame the south for this and are determined to punish it by taking down a bunch of 100 year old statues.

this

In 1857, his father-in-law George Washington Parke Custis died, creating a serious crisis when Lee took on the burden of executing the will. Custis's will encompassed vast landholdings and hundreds of slaves balanced against massive debts, and required Custis's former slaves "to be emancipated by my executors in such manner as to my executors may seem most expedient and proper, the said emancipation to be accomplished in not exceeding five years from the time of my decease." The estate was in disarray, and the plantations had been poorly managed and were losing money.

Lee had to take a two-year leave of absence from the army in order to run the plantation himself. He found the experience frustrating, since many of the slaves had been given to understand that they were to be made free as soon as Custis died, and protested angrily at the delay. In May 1858, Lee wrote to his son Rooney, "I have had some trouble with some of the people. Reuben, Parks & Edward, in the beginning of the previous week, rebelled against my authority—refused to obey my orders, & said they were as free as I was, etc., etc.—I succeeded in capturing them & lodging them in jail. They resisted till overpowered & called upon the other people to rescue them." Less than two months after they were sent to the Alexandria jail, Lee decided to remove these three men and three female house slaves from Arlington, and sent them under lock and key to the slave-trader William Overton Winston in Richmond, who was instructed to keep them in jail until he could find "good & responsible" slaveholders to work them until the end of the five-year period.

>Lee fought on the losing side so he's a bad guy.

ftfy

The left must destroy paragons of virtue.

If you destroy any standard of measurement, then you can not objectively measure what is correct and just and what is wrong, and you are merely left with capricious consensus and mob rule.

>Why do liberals hate this man?

he fought for the south and since most people dont see history individualy and dont judge person to person but make generalizations.

because liberals are pro-slavery

make no beans about it, marxism is slavery

I know a guy from MA who thought that Lee was the first Grand Wizard.

I'm a goddamn migrant and I that was the first time I encountered American "education".

I'm so pissed right now. Robert E. Lee is one of my favorite leaders. He was a true gentlemen. These people are fucking retards.

No he just likes to dress up as a ghost and ride around on his horse being spooky.

Because they just assume he was for that without even doing any research. They just get even more pissed off when you tell them the truth.

This he was a great man

liberals get their education from facebook clickbait.

are you even surprised?

They get their information from now this.

There's a very good PBS documentary on the American Civil War.
I really recommend it.
Watch it and it's hard to not like the man afterwards.

Because they are stupid

>confederates = bad

Therefore lee and everyone in the south is bad, talk to a liberal today about the south they act like everyone south of Alexandria va is a hillbilly from deliverance

I don't think anyone hates Lee, but slavery really isn't one of those things you can be flexible on. He stood with the enemy and he is counted among them.

Because he said he opposed slavery, but still thought it was more important to send men to their deaths to defend a constitution that enshrined slavery as a right.

>He stood with the enemy and he is counted among them
just like a certain IWW cow

He was a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward

I keep this on my phone and am black, like of that even matters, I love the guy

he seen his duty and he done it

What is the purpose of this wall of text? We all know he was slaveholder.

>I just learned this after 5 min in Wikipedia
the left don't like to read. their news and history comes from the main crowd.

Because libshits are already brainwashed by jewmedia. They already hate everyone that is white.

Brother killed brother during the civil war. You couldn't really do shit about being conscripted. If you refused to fight they hung you as a deserter. The human cost was insane. That's why there are so many memorials. Many blacks fought on the confederate side.