How did YOU survive the 2008 mega recession?

How did YOU survive the 2008 mega recession?

Oldfags get the FUCK in here!

my family made a crap ton of money during the recession. went from about $40,000 USD per year to around $600,000 per year.

onice. how did they do that??

2008 was great I was able to refinance my house and use the savings to buy 3 more.

Was just another day here. Generally we lag about ten years behind the rest of the world. Don't worry, we are in a silent recession as we speak.

The recession never really end. It like sustaining a dying patient with oxygen at present.

I was homeless in San Francisco, leaf.
They have pretty dope welfare, decent shelters, and it was pretty much urban camping for a year.
10/10, would waste my early 20's years again.

I was in the military.

Nobody fucks with our beans and ammo.

we didn't

Went to uni. It was just finishing when I came out.

buying bitcoin at 4 usd

By working at Walmart continually since 2007.

I was already penniless so it didn't affect me at all.

was supposed to be my first year of college. once neighborhoods started emptying around me i decided i didn't have it so bad in my shoebox apartment, and at least i had a job. pizza hut manager

Like Katrina, dumbfucks think it's Obama's fault.

I landed a nice fucking job at a bank right at the beginning of the recession and sat tight for six years.

Got a new job after the car business took a shit and the dealers started cutting spiffs and bonii.

They still haven't returned. Car sales used to be an entry level job that could pay $100,000+. Now it's a $40,000/year job, tops.

I lost my job when my employer closed our facility. Spent 9 months on unemployment and ultimately had to settle for a job that paid less than the one I'd had (which wasn't that great either).
We had fallen behind on bills and ended up declaring bankruptcy and losing our home.
So, it fucking sucked.
Thing is that even during my unemployment and subsequent underemployment, I kept improving my education, picking up new certifications, and networking. I make over twice as much now as I did when the recession hit.
tldr: it was fucked, but I ended up okay.

Graduated June 2008 w/ a Liberal Arts degree.

Couldn't get a job.

Ended up teaching English overseas for a year to ride out the worst of it.

>Be 15
>Oh shit, CNN says the global economy is melting down
>Remember I am white so I have a father who works and has money
>Buy new €1400 rig for GTA IV

Nine years later, I'm still addicted to vidya and rarely leave the house

>2008
>old
I taught English in Korea though to answer your question.

If you are a single male save as much money as you can in cash. Aim for a 1,000 a month. in 3 years or so yo have a pretty good start to do whatever you want. learn a trade. Youtube can teach you alot from Hvac to plumbing to mechanicing

My dad worked did administrative office work at the Las Vegas city transit station. He didn't make much money there. But, well, he actually made less money before the recession.

I come from a broken family with two separated parents that still talk, act, and think like teenagers. They don't have their lives together, they keep making their lives worse, and me, 25 years old, I make more money than both of them combined, despite working part time while in university.

I lost my job and lived off of savings until I found a new job.

I worked the same job I have as a carpenter except I had to do it for a different company, and nearly half the pay.

The construction market has a lot of work now, but the wages where I live never really recovered.
Illegals have ruined the construction industry.

>tfw Sup Forums have better advices for finances than /biz/

wasnt a sucker who refi'd a big loan on my crib..
all my friends did (blew $ on cars, boats, motorcycles), the bubble burst and they got evicted..

Nothing really changed. Still poor, just different kind of poor.

we were at that sweet spot of wealthy but not extremely wealthy so we didn't feel it at all

I was literally in elementary school.

Yeah no shit, /biz/ is full of unironic shills. I joined a discord once that teaches you how to P&D shitcoins and penny stocks and shill them, and immediately recognized those tactics after returning to /biz/. Now I can't look at the place the same ever again.

buy low nigger, it always bounces back.

Louisiana fag here. I can say that Katrina was not Bush's fault. Our Govnmt failed on that. Govner was crybaby and mayor wanted to make New Orleans a "Chocolate City". We still stupid, got a Dem for Gov.

Kek what a fucking leftist leech. Democrats keep their voters poor precisely so they will keep voting for table scraps and you leftniggers are completely clueless about it

I was in the army getting all shooty shooty with pashtuns

I ate crock pot chili and homemade pot pies for like 2 years and eventually joined the military. My wife and I turned into bitter cheapskates and now we're on track to retire by 40.

grew/sold weed, and worked 80+ hours/wk at my job