Why do Americans insist on making everything medium rare

why do Americans insist on making everything medium rare
does this not look disgusting to Americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/05/17/health/texas-fidget-spinner-xray-trnd/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're not supposed to do that with mince meat. That is disgusting

As for steak if you aren't eating rare you should just kys

Hamburgers need to be well done. One can make them moist by adding chicken broth or diced onion. Most Americans eat shit.

why would i want a rare piece of meat
"man i sure do love uncooked meat"

Looks fucking fantastic. Don't you like flavor in your beef?

Can cuckleafs just fucking kill themselves and stop ruining it for the few humans left in this shithole?

Butcher here, ground should be at least medium, wanna get the inside to about 165 minimum,

with steak, it's not the problem because you lack the oxygen inside of the meat, still get it to a reasonable tempt, medium rare is fine.

inb4 > YOU NEED A STEM CAREER

I am a butcher who makes 56k a year because i was trained, and I do a good job for an upscale market. I can also help with meat choices!

don't leafs have those ice gooks that eat full on raw whale n shit?

You idiots don't know what you are talking about. Only a heathen isn't purchasing whole cuts from a reputable butcher and having him grind the meat for perfect burgers.

When it comes to doneness, thick burgers should be medium rare or less. Sliders can be medium rare but are also fine to take to medium well.

you dont need to well do it, it will just be a pile of garbage, and adding diced chicken? nah, a good patty should be 80/20 not 90/10. you shouldn't do sirloin burgers, sirloin is a better oven meat.

this.

This is good, Though, I do tell people not to buy top sirloin or filet to make into ground since you are going to loose half due to drippings

i just dont believe that burgers should be pink

Do you apprentice somewhere or is there a school that you went to?

Slaughterman here.

Watch your fingers.

Good advice though.

why dont you go yell at the irish dumbass

Because it tastes better that way and our meat has health standards unlike in canada where it's covered in feces so we can do that without contracting diseases.

So what do you think about the marbled beef rib cuts (no bone)? They taste better than steak to me.

pink is fine, cold red stops are not, you are looking to bring the temp up to kill harmful bacteria, not create a carbon cube, a juicy hot burger is fine, 165 in center, well more than done killing bacteria, kinda like how we keep our cooler at 36, not 38, but if it is about 41 we are in a danger zone.

i need to change my underwear

>only americans are agreeing on medium rare
like clockwork

I apprenticed when I got an Associates in cooking, basically went through a journeymen's training. I mean, meat cutting is rewarding but you are going to be lifting alot during the day and fielding alot of odd questions, but it's fun and I have alot of great customers who also tip me during christmas.

Med rare is objectively how beef was meant to be eaten. The right amount of heat plus the flavor pops just right, probably something to do with the amount of fat that is still intact and not rendered.

That said this burger could've used like another 30 seconds on each side, looks too cold.

enjoy your STEC and Trichinella rarefags

How do you have your steak?

If you say anything above medium, thats an issue.

medium well

I don't care about the technicalities of cooking a burger, I just know that this thread made me feel very hungry

Another butcher here, 54k a year

You faggots need to learn manly trades, cut meat, forge steel, raise buildings. We all know the academic industrial complex is failing get ahead of the curve.
Also ground chuck is best burger by far

You're not even a man

it is, but honestly it seems like one of my biggest sellers is to people visting from out of town is the lower brisket, or burnt ends. They are phenomenal when cooked right.

Jesus, I honestly get upset when I see adds for sirloin steaks from resturaunts. Give me a rib eye bone in any day before that.

Medium-well master race

I stopped eating beef. Chicken and turkey and very rarely some sort of pork is all I eat.

t. american

Ground beef should be cooked through since it is filled with bacteria in the grinding process.
Steak and solid cuts are okay to eat rare.

thank you for backing me up on chuck!

Have you heard about these savages eating raw fish wrapped in seaweed? What's the world coming to.

And god damned proud of it.

this is why you idiots keep shitting yourselves cook it properly or don't fucking eat it anyone that eats raw meat has a bigger problem than just getting the shits.

Fuck the haters; I like a good healthy spectrum between black and pink, so I get medium well.

i eat wild game, well done to charcoal spectrum for my meats.

Medium rare meat is cooked, and it provides for the juiciest and most flavorful steaks. Only cucks like rare meat or anything cooked more than medium rare. Once the meat turns brown, you've overcooked it.

Based butcher. What is your fat ratio preference for burgers? 75/25 seems to be about the best imo.

ewwwwww

Thats shoe leather.

and that is why your immune system is so fucked up and you have all the health issues you do.

Because other shitty countries need to cook their beef til it's dry and flavorless to kill all the parasites that live in the godawful rotting carrion they call steaks and have no idea whatsoever about a proper burger having only ever had McDonald's.

I don't see anything wrong with that, looks great.

This

you better cook that shit well done wild game is not very sanitary

it works for mince meat too you convict trash

>burger
>medium rare
Hamburger meat is literally every piece of the animal that wasn't good enough to be sold un-minced. The purpose of ordering a piece of meat less than 'well done' is to taste the quality of the meat. Hamburger meat doesn't present much an opportunity for quality.

let me tell you that Albertan beef is the best beef out there

you retard.

Also here is a tool to add just for your knowledge, this is called a bone scrapper.

When you cut things like T-bone steaks or any bone in product you get bone dust all over the steak so we use this to get it off because it makes the meat not have that nice blossoming red look.

If you need a part time job, try being a clerk somewhere and it's a great trade to pick up, you will typically start as a cutter before they have you actually take care of whole cuts.

I wasn't born in a 100% sanitized urban household, so I had sufficient exposure as a child to build a healthy immune system. If you have asthma or severe allergies you deserve to die for being a weak fuck with a weak immune system

Go to a good butcher. He'll grind you whatever cuts you want for your burger. You can even specify fat content. Stop eating cheap Walmart meat.

Overcooked.

see that is just crossing the line here, and I a man that loves his steak and burgers bloody

>Because other shitty countries need to cook their beef til it's dry and flavorless to kill all the parasites that live in the godawful rotting carrion they call steaks and have no idea whatsoever about a proper burger having only ever had McDonald's.

I think that Americans are so paranoid about their bills costing so much that they can't pay of their cuck cards and mortgages to their Jewish overlords that they want to have the stove on as little as possible.

Fuck MEDIUM rare thats for libertarian fags i like my burgers so god damn bloody i might as well go and bite a live cow

It can be dangerous with a burger, but a nice ribeye steak is fine rare.

im not the one with shit in my immune system that cannot be broken down and have parasites and disease riddling my body making me shit my self every time I goto the store.

E. Coli is bad for you its not good for you.

I like how you turn it around on me for telling you facts like I am attacking your pride, Stop eating shitty under cooked meat and you won't keep embarrassing yourself.

My Immune system is Godlike by the way thanks for caring.

Of course that's any option. But why? It's a burger. Why pay extra for a burger?

In our case I keep 80/20 and 90/10 typically, however, I keep my grinder going quite a bit so if people bring cuts they want, I always oblidge, recently I have been getting alot more hindu customers who want chickens with bone in cuts, basically, i am skinning birds and running them through the saw, like in the last month since I've done it ive had a huge increase with hindus.

I am however worried because now they want alot more goat, and well, I think I may have turned myself into an ethnic market rather than your wealthy corner store butcher.

Seriously, I have a 20$ cut of top sirloin and you want chicken?

Screw this diet. I'm an adult man and I can eat ribs or brisket tomorrow if I damn well please.

>not eating your meat sammiches with raw dough
PLEBS GET OUT

SHART

only if it's recently ground and you know the machinery was safe

Shit that sat in a store/on a truck for unknown amounts of time is more prone to bacterial growth once you give it a large surface area to work with. It's harder for bacteria to propogate in intact muscle fibers, but if you grind that shit up it's much easier.

No problems w/ a medium rare burger, but make sure it's fresh. If not, at least cook the pink out.

I prefer a leaner meat for burgers since everything i cook comes out juicy as fuck. Its nice for steaks, chops and chicken but I kinda get tired of having to shower after a burger.

says the one who literally slurps milk out of bags

Shut you nigger.

Never had the pleasure of Albertan beef. Would love to try it someday, just medium rare.
Hardly.
Austrailian beef is decent, good lamb too. Though I prefer buying local grass fed American.

when I do our monthly customer appreciate cookout i use this but I always make a half pound burger 9/10 of a pound since I know im gonna loose alot. but to be honest, most of my cuts i leave alot of fat on so it's not a problem when i grind.

I hate that fucking thing haha, I cut probably 6 pork loins a day in my mom and pop shop and that thing gets messy FAST
You do a lot of business?

thats only in Quebec dood

raw beef got almost no taste though

cook your meat like your anscestors you fedora wearing fuck or become a vegetarian stop trying to prove a fucking animals have feels point by going paleo.

Seriously IM not even trying to talk shit right now whoever told you to eat it raw and its better hates you.

Beef

"E. coli O157:H7"
Salmonella serovars
Shigella
Staphylococcus aureus
Listeria monocytogenes

Poultry

Salmonellas
Campylobacter
milanotosis

Shellfish

Vibrio gastroenteritis
Salmonellas
Plesiomonas shigelloides
Staphylococcus
Bacillus cereus

You're thinking of well done. Medium well is the optimal way to go.

yeah because they listened to the advice of people that hate them they literally don't know any better like human cattle refusing to change because their enemy who they think loves them has their best interests in mind as they tell them to harm themselves.

It's an undisputed fact that medium rare is the best steak and medium is best burger.
Prove me wrong. Burden of proof is on you.

kek'd

we have three of them, shit, I am doing alot of business every day, yes they get dirty quick but that's why the industrial hose is so nice to blow the everliving crap out of them, then dump them in sanitizer.

cnn.com/2017/05/17/health/texas-fidget-spinner-xray-trnd/index.html
Americans eating disgusting things? (Pic related)

Never liked a burger like that, only steak.

fuck off leaf

we are running at 3-5k a day meat side.

Because burgers are delicious and you should appreciate anything you eat. It's honestly not that expensive, you don't need to use filet, just something with good beef flavor that has the desired fat content and texture.
A really cool thing if you want damn good burger. Go to fancy restaurants for lunch, lots of them will have a burger you can order off menu. Cheaper than most everything else there and almost always amazing.

Reminder that the pork worms that literally influenced the Quaran ban on pork have been 99% eliminated by modern livestock care

Sure, don't eat raw pork. But you don't need to burn it into a dry chewy disappointing mess anymore either.

Soon.

if you eat a burger like that you will get sick no matter how good your immune system is its fucking mince.

Steak is ok to eat like that, There was a butcher posting in the thread.

Yep. They are plebians who burn their meat tasteless.

I like my beef charred beyond recognition

youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

Medium rare is cooked. You're being paranoid. I'm not saying eat it raw, that's called blue rare. And we're only talking beef not pork, chicken, or seafood.

you have to cook it first to get the taste silly.

It looks good and I'm getting hungry just by seeing it.

I'm still here if anyone has a reasonable questions, after I said I started getting alot more hindus getting chicken, I dont know if they are pakis or indians but they want chicken with bone in which is uncommon here I kinda though some would call me a traitor or nonsense.

Yeah, I can continue to respond to how to do perfect BBQ questions,

Also, November is coming! Inject your Turkeys, do not oven back them, injectors and smoke the turkey and you're family will talk about it forever as being the best turkey they have had.

Steaks should be medium, burgers should be well done. End of fucking story.