The Alt-Left

President Trump used the term the "Alt Left" to basically describe antifa thugs who disrupted the Charlottesville rally.

Part of me wishes he just used the term antifa but fuck it's what we gotta work with. We have to spread this association of the alt-left and antifa far and wide before it is high-jacked to mean something else.

everipedia.org/wiki/alt-left/

Yes like the alt-left US military during World War II right?

no, alt left is perfect. it makes them sound like a bunch of LARPing faggot NEETs just like the alt right. soon all of this will be over and we can all go back to normal.

Better, every media account of rally violence will now say

> the "alt-right" battled the "alt-left"

Essentially they equate all of us with Nazis, and now all of our opposition is antifa. It's beautiful and it's inevitable.

The Alt-Left branding will be one of the major turnarounds in these culture wars.
It broadens the scope to not just include fringe radical Marxists that nobody likes yet it carries the same stigma. If people don’t want to be labelled alt-left they will need to virtue signal against Antifa or move to the centre. This also shifts the Overton window to the right because there is now a murky delineation between leftism and extreme radicalism thanks to this umbrella term.

What the problem? Alt-left distances anything radical Antifa does from the liberal and Democrat mainstreams.

Go crazy. Use it all you want.

Meanwhile leftpol will continue to tie trump and the GOP to nazis, white nationalism and implicitly anti-American right wing terrorism.

yeah except they've been defending those people this entire time

the "alt-left" is the democratic base at this point, they send their goons around and they attack anyone with dissenting views.

I can't wait for the war. I know which side myself and my fellow officers are gonna be on. Pro tip: it's not the side that constantly shits on us for being "evil racists."

It does the complete opposite.
Because it puts antifa in the same sphere as mainstream democrats so they will need try to resist the label.

We are essentially going to your user own tactics against you. With the support of your fucking president.
Every move the media make will be countered.
Just wait until the next violent act commited by antifa is labelled a terrorist act. You groups will be rounded up very quickly.

i lurk around r/anarchism to keep an eye on them. they're well aware of what it meant. they seem to be embracing it actually

Jack Posobiec > Dick Sphincter

This is very smart from Posobiec. This whole nazi shit jeoperdized the validity of Google Memo. Spencer shoud almost fucked everything up. Jack just saved it.

Even mainstream Republicans are siding with the "alt-left," in case you haven't noticed.

There were more groups than antifa there

> it's the democratic base

No it's not.
1- it can't be because POTUS only used it a day ago
2- POTUS explicitly defined it as left protesters.
3- any negatives that stuck to Antifa are gone; any progress you've made in calling them commies etc are gone because no voters accosted it anymore.
4- DNC and Dem pols can say they don't have any connection to alt-left. You'll have spend all that time to explain /convince.
4- But even if there was, opposing Nazi and KK ideology only strengthens the liberal and centrist political base because, well, america instinctively hates Nazis and the KKK. Even McCain, Romney and RNC leadership,understand that, which is why they're dennoucing white nationalism.

Really. Use alt-left There's no downside to Liberals or democrats. I'd bet their focus testing it and figuring ways to reclaim, ruse and meme it right now. The more Nazis use it, hate it, the stronger it gets for us.

>Even mainstream Republicans are siding with the "alt-left," in case you haven't noticed.

Yeah it's almost like Trump is an out of control extreme Nazi.

I think you mean altleftypol

>huur durr why do people treat their allies nicer than their enemies?

Antifa doesn't include the other groups, alt-left is a much better term and more importantly it burns their jew flesh.

Nope. See that's the difference. You nazis are trying to mainstream your ideology by hooking up with established conservative brands (don't blame you, straight out of Hitler's playbook of coopting Hindenberg before their seizure of power). OTOH, alt-left lets Liberals and Democrats disassociate any possible connections to radicalism. It's a firewall. Alt-right and trumpists can cause chaos with the alt-left. Democrats occupy the safe harbour, and the mainstream.

Seriously
Alt-Left is literally the perfect name. They call us Alt-Right, nobody calls themselves that.

I'm not sure it is clever, it kind of gives them a scapegoat. "No the left isn't doing that, it's the alt-left!" It also distances both, making it out to be two detached entities battling each other, far removed from the normal people.

I think the better solution would have been to stop using the term alt-right, as it was designed in the first place to distance us from every day people.

We're just playing their game.

'Hard-left' would have been a better term imo, making it clear it's just a point on the spectrum of their own beliefs.

Srsly? Spencer coined the term, practically trademarked it. He wanted to rebrand wheats nationalism and diagnose it from natzism. LeftyPol didn't have anything to do with it. You shitposters slapped Pepe and memes and shit on to the alt-right brand. It wasn't going to bad until you had your coming out parade this weekend and showed up with Weimar torchlight, seig heils and killed a white girl. Honestly, Bannon must be slapping helfself silly over how much you've fucked things up.....

>a fucking leaf

But... these communist, antifa scum are just "Left". Nothing alternative about them.

The Alt-Left BLM gunned down 12 innocent people this past weekend. sad

Exactly. Nazis, KKK and holcaust denier are arrest, jailed and deported up here. Far right is widely and deeply deplored. Rebel media just put out a statement breaking any ties to alt-right; a founder of rebel media and a main writer actually quit after Faith Goldys "reportage." I'd say her employment is in question.

So, ya know, tell be to fuck off. But we're winning up,here, you're losing. At the end of the day, its because what I'm saying isn't ideological shitposting, it's hard political sense.

Wise.

This puts cackpot left in the same basket as the crackpot right without associating them with the sane right or left.

"Alt Left" is better because it means whatever we want it to mean. This is what liberals tried on us, but there's so many kool-aid drinkers in their ranks that it led to total message incoherence.

is right.

This may end up being another """FAKE NEWS""" where the left-coined term "alt-right" to refer to anyone they want to tar as being Nazi's will end up mutating into an "alt-left" to tar ANTIFA and any other left-wing group with both ANTIFA and Nazi connotations due to the "alt" in anything being a negative buzzword.

He's right ya' know

Link or never happened

Except thats the opposite as you will have to tow a centrist line and have no teeth with will bring you closer to looking like a watered down version of trump who himself is not alt right if all you use is negative connotations.

Making the alt-left stick is easy just ask so called moderate leftist if they agree with that guy who beat people with bike locks and if they denounce him they are defining him as a fringe in the alt-left if they dont they are apart of the "problem" and a member themselves

Hannity has used the term for awhile now.

It is only to see the reaction of this retard leaf in this thread to realize how good this term is.

He should have stuck to his guns and carried on with the march. Cowardly faggot is just as bad as them for folding to threats from terrorists.

YOU HOLD THE SPEECH AND IF THEY ATTACK/KILL YOUR PEOPLE YOU THEN HAVE IMMENSE SOCIAL LEVERAGE DUMBASS. YOU DO NOT FOLD TO THESE WEAKLINGS. THAT ONLY MAKES THEM MORE BRAZEN.