Is there anything worse than dying for your country/religion?

In essence, you're essentially sacrificing your healthy tangible existance for an intangible concept (faith, honour etc). The arguement usually goes
>but you will have honour and be marveled at for generations
That's cool but if you were to boil it down to it ONLY affecting you, it will have no effect because you can't appreciate anything when you're dead. ie: you can't enjoy the fruits of your labour.

From my view, we know that we are living right now, and the meaning of life to me is to live the most fulfilling life because it is something that I'm aware of and know that it is happening right now. We can't talk to the dead, none of us have ever seen a god and we won't know if people will love or hate us after death. I say this because I pity people who die for intangible concepts, robbed of a fulfilling life only really to be forgotten.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b8CpON8VrRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You sound very unhappy. I can't imagine what it's like to live your life knowing that you have absolutely no higher calling other than selfish hedonism.

yeah dying for a shit ideology like whites are dindu's

I have noticed that. I am very materialistic and (to quote the matrix) so desperately dependent on the matrix. You are right. I have not achieved a "higher purpose" because I don't know of there is one

Try really reading the bible. At worst you'll have a lot of theological and historical knowledge on the subject. You might also find something that brings you peace and purpose.

There are things worth more than life.

>and be marveled at for generations

It's a meme made either by jews, or by fags that won't fight the wars themselves or send their sons to frontlines. Meme made for the cannon fodder, so that they wouldn't even demand something like payment or pensions after the war.

Commies being commies, but at least Stalin was not pussied out when he learned that his son was taken POW by krauts.
Would you imagine similar shit from the leaders of US? Britain? France? Or from any hollyjew star?

Also, making others die for their countries is a way better concept.

It's just everyone has different interpretations of religion and I keep thinking religion will help me solve my worries and problems. But I'm a very "action" type person and I hate the concept of hoping and praying for somethong to save me or give me eternal bliss. I'd rather work hard to achieve my own Nirvana instead of relying on other people/concepts you know?

>I hate the concept of hoping and praying for somethong to save me or give me eternal bliss
You might find that there is more to it than that :^). Before I started to turn back to Christianity, I finally accepted God as a concept of anything greater than myself. There was a big hole in my soul, and it really put me back together. Prayer can also be like meditation and looking within oneself, positive affirmation. But turning to faith in Christ really brought me happiness in a way that I would not have been able to conceptualize before hand. Spirituality in general seems to really heal people. It's why the first thing in A.A. is accepting that there is something greater than you, even just the existence of the universe. There is something greater than oneself, and putting meaning into it can be a long journey. And yes I do understand what you're saying. It's especially hard to just start believing in something new/unknown and relying on something you don't have faith in to begin with. I'm still reading the bible and learning, but for me, it's helped. Hopefully you can find something that gives you meaning as well.

Theyre already starting their color revolution. On CNN just now they had anigger on pushing the color purple to remember heather and as a good representative of their movement.

This is literally the new york army national guard they are located at the kingsbridge armory in the Bronx, the soldier you see standing on the right is Sgt.Vargas, I was a soldier there AMA.

I kind of remember reading the color purple. Weren't the characters borderline retarded? I mean, yeah blacks are tards, but I feel like I remember thinking the author and characters were slow.

I am actually very familiar with the concept of christianity because I went to a christian school my whole life + parents are christian. What really held me back is the whole "ten commandments" and the aggressive side of it "obey me, love me and I'll love you, the wrath of God's fury" etc. If I were to become Christian, I'd have to fully appreciate everything and for now I just can't appreciate that.

Did you like it?

Understood. I still think the act of prayer as meditation and the acceptance of power greater than oneself is very helpful. I put off confirmation when I was a kid, because it didn't feel right to confirm something I didn't fully believe in. I'm still not ready to confirm or rebaptize, but eventually I will.

youtube.com/watch?v=b8CpON8VrRU

The guys were alright, our captain was an alright guy. Fun fact our first sergeant was on a tv show, I forgot the name but its the one where they design a wedding for you.

I'm about to go to bed. What's this about?

You see with the meditation thing (I know it's cliche) but would budhism not fulfill that void or just plain meditation? I know budhism is very much more relaxed than the monotheistic religion and isn't so concrete in what you have to do. Then again it could all be bullshit though.

really?

I think so, but I'm not too familiar with it. I've read from a lot of people who found some meaning and purpose with buddhism and other spiritual churches.

Yeah I dunno. I get very philosophical when I'm stressed. Talking about it is just a nice escape and I guess thinking about religion or a higher purpose os a good break from real world bullshit

And yet in most wars in the ancient world had the commanders and generals leading the fighting from the front lines.

We have enough evidence that Caesar, on one occassion during the Gallic Wars, took out his sword, picked up a shield lying on the ground and fought the Gauls personally to inspire his troops. Napoleon also fought on the front lines, having countless horses shot out from underneath him or seeing people killed by artillery a few metres from him. This "generals sitting back away from the frontlines" meme is really only a modern invention.

When I was broken it was a good escape, and I just ended up "getting into it". I never would have seen myself doing that. I was raised (in my education) by marxist extremist atheists, anti-christians, and Jews.

how do you guys see with those silly hats that cover your eyes

the meaning of life is for you to do whatever it takes to have a successfull tribe , that would become the progenitor of an intergalactic civilization in the future. The second priority is your life of course
thats why its such an honour to die protecting your kin.

Its an evolutionary obligation, because the final goal of life is to be superior god like

Lol good point. Soldiers hold their heads up high and their backs very straight, so the hats probably are fine in that position like the guy in the back right with the glasses.

Can you also argue that someone's goal in life is subjective? or is that just chickening out?

Let's embrace nihilism and fuck everything
The post

If someone dies for their country and nothing exists afterwards there will also be no regret.

is it worse to die young on a battlefield rather than a crippled old person in a bed?
the question is do you have male genitalia or not really

Ass cancer