Father, 27, died of an accidental overdose after taking 150 tablets a DAY of anti-diarrhoea drug Imodium...

>Father, 27, died of an accidental overdose after taking 150 tablets a DAY of anti-diarrhoea drug Imodium, dubbed 'poor man's mephedrone'
>Aaron McCaffrey was addicted to diarrhoea-relief tablets he had stockpiled
>He collapsed in a supermarket toilet after taking a large quantity of tablets
>Father-of-two was put into an induced coma, but died in hospital six days later
>A coroner wants budget stores to limit sales to prevent further deaths

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4796148/Father-27-died-accidental-overdose-Imodium.html

Other urls found in this thread:

medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/17607#PHARMACODYNAMIC_PROPS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One less antifa

>white """people"""

What a way to go kek

Looks like a faggot antifa desu senpai

LOL how do you get addicted to shitting is this guy from fucking india?

So because some faggot ruined his arsehole everyone has to suffer. So much pride.

Shit happens, man.

If you are going to be a degenerate at least do it properly instead of ingesting 4 pounds of anti diarrhea pills.

Poor man's methadone.

It's crazy that this shit is OTC. Loperamide does have a potent CNS action that rivals that of fentanyl, but it comes in waves.

Oh, and it also blocks potassium channels on your heart lol

This looks like mental illness.

>>A coroner wants budget stores to limit sales to prevent further deaths

I won't defend buying 2,000 shit tablets, but i think if you want to buy them you should be able to.

It's not commonly used to make drugs like Sudafed so i think is okay. Maybe they should put a warning on it, assuming it doesn't already have a warning like every over the counter/script drug.

Also that kid should have never been a father.

Also accidentally swallowing 150 tablets, what in one fucking go from the same fucking packet?

Sounds like he was full of shit

/thread

>So because some faggot ruined his arsehole everyone has to suffer. So much pride.
Taking a 150 tablets to get high? you might as well just buy some drugs off the street if you are gonna do that.

He must've had a long lost ancestor from India, this would make a great ancestry.com commercial!

Have you never experienced the pure pleasure and euphoria of having a rock hard 2 foot long turd sliding out of your strained, stretched, and gaping asshole?

Kek. Imagine the look on the cashiers face when some guy regularly comes to your store buying thousands of anti-diarrhea tablets

fpbp

This is exactly the kind of alt-left retard who dresses up in black and beats people

people who do this shit are retarded it will fuck your heart up

people use this shit for opiate withdrawls

Dear OP

NOBODY FUCKING CARES

Poeple will just buy them online

You can get high off antidiarrheal medicine?

Lope isn't abusable. It's used to stop dope fiends from getting sick. I did smack for 4 years, I would steal immodium when I ran out dope and money. If anyone reading this does opioids I implore you to quit. It will improve your life exponentially

You won't hear about this shit happening in Portugal where they treat their citizens like adults on drugs.

>people use this shit for opiate withdrawls

I actually use Imodium for times when I shit my brains out and there is no way a smart person could get "addicted" to do. If he was taking 150 a day he would have had to buy like 8 packs a day, just get actual opiate withdrawal drugs you fucking retard. I don't feel bad for him

Go eat a dog you asian sub human.

Also I don't recommend taking lope, if you need help weening off, go to a detox facility. They make it easier than trying to do it with a couple bottles of immodium and some soup.

Good point why wasnt this faggot on Subs?

Shit like this proves to me natural selection is at work. Please legalize drugs so this shit can happen more frequently.

How did he not already die from a bowel impaction?

So what happened to him? Did he constipate himself to death? Literally dying because of how full of shit he was

If heroin was legal he probably would be alive.

I used to use this stuff to come off Heroin. Even though its over the counter It's technically a weak opiate that doesn't really cross the BBB. Won't get someone with any tolerance a 'high' but it will make it so you don't feel sickness coming off stronger opiates. I would take 25-30 max when I needed them though, taking 150 is ridiculous and has been shown to strain the heart in such doses. Not the first time I've heard of someone getting addicted to them and dying from it.

Probably some sob story about how he was "too embarrassed" to reach out. If that's the case I again don't feel bad, if you think it's fine to do opioids but then think it's shameful to quit you're just stupid.

Opiate withdrawal.

Also people who have gastrointestinal and diarrhea problems.

I have Crohn's Disease and imodium is a fucking lifesaver when I'm flaring up bad. Saved me a lot of sick days usage or when I want to go out and do stuff.

Did you just not shit? See , I use it for similar reasons

Lmao americunts inventing new ways of getting addicted and dying.

Found the paid shill

>Shit like this proves to me natural selection is at work. Please legalize drugs so this shit can happen more frequently.
How does this prove natural selection when he had a few kids before he died?

Kids playing in the road before they can become baby mama's and daddy's proves natural selection better.

>that pic
I think I'm done with Sup Forums for today.

It's sorta abusable... I was taking like 200 tabs a day for a while before I stopped because I didn't want to die. It's a really shit, subtle, and dirty-feeling high but it's there.

worst withdrawal of my life btw

Max par

Of course a Serbian nigger does not know this is from the UK.

No shit

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>No sympathy here.

> It's crazy that this shit is OTC
Loperamide is something that you keep in your first aid kit for the case you're shitting yourself. It does not make sense for it to not be OTC.

Found the homo that likes having soft, loose, watery, diarrhea shits.

Pretty much. I last took it 2 weeks ago to get off opiates, only took it twice around 20 pills each time. Typically will block you up so bad you don't shit for a week. Legit had me scared. For people addicted to opiates this isn't that weird though as even the ones made for getting you high tend to constipate you for days. I heard of a junky who didn't shit for a month once. Bad times don't ever want to go back to that living hell of a life style.

>poor mans mephedrone

lol what the fuck

it has no psychological effect it's just to stop the shits

it's like codeine that doesn't go into your brain and just slows your bowel motility

how the fuck do you get addicted to it?

PICKLE RIIIIIICK

>accidental

>150 tablets
>accidental

I have my doubts as to him dying from that drug or that drug alone. It doesn't seem possible based on my understanding of it.

>Addicted to fucking Loperamide

Jesus christ.

It'll have fucked his heart. Going by UK strengths, if he took 150 tablets then that's 300mg. The normal daily maximum dose that you'd see someone taking is 16mg. The highest I've seen in clinical practice is 72mg under the direction of a gastroenterologist for someone with a hyperactive stoma.

This guy took 300mg. No wonder he had about four MI's.

The article is also filled with inconsistent descriptions of pharmaceuticals, which is absolutely typical for all sections of the British Press when dealing with drugs. They describe him as taking a large quantity of painkillers but don't qualify what they are - Loperamide isn't an analgesic. What we can surmise Sup Forums is that the subject of the article was taking additional pharmaceuticals on top of the Loperamide, or the author of the piece is not giving the reader an accurate picture. Curiously, if we assume that he was taking painkillers, likely of the opiate family, these cause constipation, not diarrhoea which leaves me wondering why this guy was taking Loperamide in the first place other than chasing what's essentially a side effect that's pretty rarely reported. If a paper reports shit on drugs Sup Forums, check out the raw date the FDA or MHRA have on the drug and the rate of reporting the reaction - it can be quite enlightening

>accidental overdose after taking 150 tablets a DAY

>accidental overdose
>150 tablets
>a day
>accidental

right

Probably died from a blockage from hell.

I broke my arm last week. When I broke my foot I refused opioids because I have an addictive personality and want to stay as far away from that road as possible.

But after a few days I needed relief, I couldn't sleep or think straight and got a script for 5mgs

As far as actual pain they are epic, and I only get the slightest of buzz. Yesturday I didn't even take one. I have noticed theyve blocked me up though

Pharmacologically it's absolutely possible -
"Non-clinical in vitro and in vivo evaluation of loperamide indicates no significant cardiac electrophysiological effects within its therapeutically relevant concentration range and at significant multiples of this range (up to 47-fold). However, at extremely high concentrations associated with overdoses (see section 4.4), loperamide has cardiac electrophysiological actions consisting of inhibition of potassium (hERG) and sodium currents, and arrhythmias."

sauce:
>medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/17607#PHARMACODYNAMIC_PROPS

maybe... he just really had a poopy butt

>he literally died of butthurt

You might say overdosing on anti-diarrhoeal medication is a stupid way to die, but he doesn't give a shit.

He died of cardiac arrest.

Kid will be more successful without him.

What I wanna know is how did this stupid fuck become a father.

Hahahahah you have Narcan in your future

Well played.

>lefty's dying of diarrhoea pills
>Sup Forums increases its strength and advertises its movement on a global scale throughout the west
Who's winning again?

>accidental overdose
>r taking 150 tablets a DAY
What?

Since we're on the subject, let me tell you about the most painful experience of my life. Now, I've torn off a fingernail, bit through my bottom lip and dislocated my elbow (I stood on a skateboard for 1 second and immediately fell off. Needless to say, that was the last time). But this one time I had constipation so bad it felt like I was passing a cheese grater. You ever have a shot so intense you had to take your shirt off? Well I was butt naked for this one boys. I was biting down on a towel and I even shouted through to my mum to go buy laxatives, actually go out to a pharmacy and buy laxatives for this one shit. Ever since that day I've always been sure to to keep an eye on my fibre intake. Never again.

It was made here along with a sisterdrug called motilium, against nausea.

In large doses it can cause heart failure, but the chances are very very low. It's a great medicine if used properly.

Special thanks to Dr. Janssen.

Heroin is something you keep in your first aid kit to kill pain. It does not make sense for it to not be OTC.

whoever drew that image is retarded.
slavs squat with heels flat on a surface, not on their tiptoes

>addicted to diarrhoea-relief tablets
what the FUCK

They have a potent opioid(ie heroin, morphine, opium) like action when you go over 100mg dosages.

Shut up nigger.

I hate this fucking country.
Sudafed is literally the only medicine that stops your nose from flooding snot during a cold/flu
>some faggot makes meth from it
>other faggots make it hard to get
Really?
>faggot dopes himself on pills
Literally the only OTC drug that does anything about explosive diarhea
>let's regulate it
>gives 1 Sesquecentillion OPIOD pills to Hillbillies.
America deserves to fall

>accidental overdose
>taking 150 tablets a DAY

this really get my colon gurgling

Oh brother. Don't ever get an anal fissure.