When did America become so politically charged?

Where is all this rhetoric coming from guys? I don't remember this when I went to uni ( graduated in late 2014). Where is all this shit coming from? I was just talking to my fiancée ( a black woman ) about where this shit started and even she could not answer this. We both agree that there were injustices in the past but its 2017 and things are a shit ton better for everyone? Neither of us could remember a day where this type of political heat was forced upon viewers. Neither of us feel strongly about either side and literally both just " live for each other" (cheesy ik). Both of us are republicans but more moderate than anything....Anyways...when did all this shit start?

Soviets.

After the wall fell they kicked in overdrive, after that it only takes about 10 years to complete.

The Media have been shilling for political violence for about ten months now.
Antifa have been steadily escalating a cycle of violence across the country over the same time period.
Richard Spencer has acted as agent provocateur and catalyst at every appearance he has made.

Naturally this is all Trump's fault.

i dond know but i rly like where thing are going please continue

We learned that we can say anything now.

So, everyone is saying everything now.

>When did America become so politically charged?
When the cold war ended and we had no external enemy we could all come together to hate, so instead we hate each other. Human society is a hierarchy of hating thing. Hating things makes the world go round :)

politically charged? its all memes kek

You must've been living in the wrong fucking place if you didn't notice this tension increasing since circa 2009. It ultimately all started with New Gingrich and his push to twist the legitimate functions of the House of Representatives into a parliament-like system in which everybody votes as a bloc or is hung out to dry. Accordingly, the polarization of the Republican Party by Newt's design has grown into a beast far beyond anything the establishment could hope to control and the most polar politicians possible have taken majorities in most state legislative houses since 2010, and since they only believe in having scruples when it's the Dems doing bad things, they gerrymandered the maps to hell and back. The result of said gerrymandering in the relatively close elections we've had (within states, not on the Electoral College level, obviously) result in Republican majorities and supermajorities being locked into power. Meanwhile, the Dems have been locked out of power and, not being afforded the seats that would be reasonably expected under fair maps, have resorted to polarizing themselves in response, though they also polarized for much the same reasons as the Republicans did.

More recently, though, it's been the rise of national-level movements spurred on by widespread media coverage and social media usage combined with the increasing ability to cherrypick facts using news sources that explicitly cater to one's preexisting beliefs. The end result is that each side (being full of idiots who couldn't undertake critical thinking if their lives depended on it) thinks they have reason to believe the other is full of liars who despise everyone else and corrupt all that is good about the American Way.

A bunch of boomer radicals thought their greedy asses owned the US. Trump proved them wrong and now they're going to burn it down so no one can have it.

There doesn't seem to be a clear cut answer.
One could argue that one main cause was Obama getting elected twice.
That galvanized the left and gave them legitimacy, but it doesn't explain how the left got as bad as it did.
The cancer of cultural marxism and moral relativism has infested universities starting near the 50s,
It could be something of an exponential growth.
Over the years radical leftism grew slowly but it is only now that we hit where it kicks into overdrive.

>Wait AYO HOL UP black fiancee????
What happened to not committing white genocide.

Bullshit revisionism.

The real first divide to really turn the parties against each other was the Judge Bork confirmation hearings. Look it up.

When politicians decided to do nothing about George Soros

When Trump was elected. He is the first President since Kennedy who isn't controlled by the deep state. MSM (arm of the deep state) are to blame for the divisiveness.

I started come here and it made me hate any semblance of kikery which is essentially what is the core of leftist ideology.

this

Why should I look up Bork when I already know about him? The point I was making was that Newt deliberately polarized the House so that he could hijack the rest of the Party with his merry band in an effort to create a permanent majority (which is unhealthy for the system in and of itself), not realizing that the forces which brought him into power would in turn poetically overthrow him. He turned the House into a body in which the truer struggle for power between the parties is had during governance (like parliaments) rather than during elections (as it should be if our own winner-take-all system is to function properly).

Bork was a different matter which didn't result in the creation of immovable blocs in the Senate or House. It polarized SCOTUS nominations by more or less forcing party unity on highly visible SCOTUS votes, sure, but it didn't nigh-irreversibly derail the entirety of the process of governance by design. The Senate was still able to function as the deliberative body it's supposed to be where cooler heads prevail, up until Mitch decided to take up the House playbook and thought it was in his best personal interest to overuse the filibuster-related mechanisms.

2012-2013.

Obama was never supposed to be re-elected. His election, plus the two black swan events that was the Supreme Court legalizing gay marriage and Obamacare passing, basically made the elites accelerate their time table for a globalist hell on Earth, because they honestly thought that if America could re-elect a black President (and, at the time, be willing to elect Hillary Clinton afterwords), they could accelerate the end of white people.

The election of 2012 also came with pollsters pushing a meme (now discredited) towards the notion that demographic shifts away from whites as a majority, were in the final stages and that 2012 was the last gasp/chance white people had to be the defining voting block.

Democrats took the reports to basically mean they no long have to give a shit about anyone who is white unless they are female or a faggot. And did some bullshit (now discredited) math where they figured if they only go after black/hispanic/female/fag votes, they could effectively create a voting block of such size, that the GOP and white males, could NEVER EVER hope to defeat it in terms of mathamatical superiority

I've read all the theories thus far, but the main reasons why political ideology has become more and more prevalent come down to the following reasons:
* Two generations of easy times
* Yellow journalism
* School indoctrination
* Echo chamb- I mean social media

Think about it.
You've had no major threat to the US since post-Soviet Arms Race, and even then it wasn't that bad. Just a bunch of nuke safety drills and paranoia.
Then you have the entirety of your information coming from sources that can only make money emphasizing the extremes of any given situation.
Throw in the fact that you're taught in schools there are only two sides to US politics, and one side/perspective to every argument (even though both are patently false).
Then, as a coup de grâce, you can have all your beliefs validated by your peers. Additionally, with the advent of the internet, you have far less risk, so you can be far more vocal with your opinions. For instance, the majority of anons here wouldn't say 99% of the shit seen here in public, even with other anons.

It's a Sheißerezept, is what it is. Not at all surprised that it's happening.

The Marxist who have infiltrated the media, education system, and government got BTFO so hard they have does up their plans for the NWO

It's called the Democrat party.

This happens everytime there is a federal election. Absolutely happenings and banana crazy bullshit going on. Notice that Black Lives Matters completely disappeared after the election (now reappeared, though tiny in size) because their funding dried up until 2020.

The big red pill is Obama and the DNC organized a huge slush fund they funneled to "activist" groups during his last term. All that money went towards these hyper shrill groups who paid for PR in order to get into the media. All of it was to stump the GOP and shill for Hilldog but it failed, so now these groups have been taken over by the likes of Soros and other communists who have no qualms in destroying the US with them.

Just like ISIS follow the money of these political orgs and you'll find out what's going on.

Best post on pol 2017.

See Obama basically was a black swan event that disrupted the elites plans (Hillary was always supposed to win in 2008) but they went along with it because, they realized Obama connected with the younger voters in a manner that they could be exploited/brainwashed.

And as such, Obama's success basically made them realize that they could accelerate their timetable for globalism, so long as they wrapped everything up in identity politics and accusing people of being Hitler if they spoke out against globalism.

TL;DR Magic Negro President made (((them))) realize they didn't have to beat around the bush anymore and slowly roll out New World Order. They could try and ram it throw as soon as humanly possibly and use the corrupt media network system they activated during Gamergate, to crush anyone who spoke up against it, once Obama's election and some discredited stats, made them realize the Tea Party was "the last gasp of white america".

Its full of white people, white people are moralfag lunatics who can be manipulated easily.

this has been covered countless times, faggot.

Bork and Newt are major issues but not exactly what is to blame for the current clusterfuck

Bork was payback for him helping Nixon but Clarence Thomas was the settling of accounts on that front.

While Newt was stirring the shit in the 80s in the House, he was a minor leaguer until after Bush 1 lost the white house. The Republicans were in the wilderness as a result, allowing Newt to declare himself "king" and fuck shit up going after Clinton.

I also should note that gerrymandering did not become a major issue until 2000; Karl Rove and his ilk were the ones to push gerrymandering to a major degree, especially in Texas. Beforehand, gerrymandering was done by both parties but never made an issue because everyone did it. The Texas gerrymandering, with Tom DeLay actively engaging in the plot to do so (dude volunteered even, to have portions of his own district sliced off to shore up neighboring GOP stronghold districts because his was 100% GOP voting) made it a huge deal that the Democrats couldn't hide from.

It's a combination of last-ditch psy-ops from a dying and out of touch elite, plus the people waking up as they see how dying and out of touch the elite are.

Thanks for the addition. I always forget to go further back than the 90s wave in these analyses.

Also, I admit, I kind of forgot Rove existed for a while. He's basically just juggling PACs now, isn't he?