Bitcoin

Should I? If so what do I need? Where do I start?

if you want to be a millionaire with little work in 10-20 years yes, use kraken

If you don't have any by 2020 you're screwed.

I'm very new to this. Any more things I should look forward to? How do I go about acquiring it?

This

I have 79.13 Paid ~$700

Safety from world currency collapse feels good.

Use Bitstamp if you want to do it online.

Since you are in USA, you may be near a bitcoin ATM, you can buy a limited amount each day I believe, but its faster than online.

Then there is LocalBitcoins, you can buy from someone who has them nearby who is selling, but you usually pay a premium for the immediate and relatively unlimited purchase.

Ok, thanks. How safe is the market? Will it collapse?

Not safe at all, it collapses almost weekly. So far though, long term has been up up up.

Ok cool. What are some ways to get Bitcoin other than transferring?

BTC is purely a speculative bet. Don't invest any more than you're willing to lose, and don't listen to the bullshit advice in this thread or anywhere else for that matter.

That being said I'll probably plunk down $1000 on BTC and ETH after the current bubble finally pops.

It's now up to $4300 which is an all time high, so expect a correction very soon, possibly as low as $1500. I suggest you hold off buying until the price comes down.
Also, don't panic and sell when you see it dropping. Prices fluctuate wildly and corrections are normal, and after every correction it goes higher, pic related.

Mining, but you need access to very cheap electricity (i.e. live in China) for it to be profitable.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I plan on waiting as well.

mining it . not on your own obviously . you need to join a " POOL" and you mine with others .

you can also use coinbase , they accept credit cards . the safests wallet is a PAPER WALLET , or a HARDWARE WALLET ( more expensive ) online wallets are not safe ( see MTGOX)

Yeah, thanks.

why do you think they're selling off gold and silver on msm commercials?

in 2008 it was "sell your scrap gold!"

in 2017 its "buy gold!"

;)

I'm doing this as well
Kicking myself that I didn't buy more when it was at ~$700 per coin

Same, fml.

Lmao at you plebs , i fucking hate myself for not buying 5 when it was at 200 ..

Also, this.
>Don't invest any more than you're willing to lose
It goes for all investments, but it needs to be emphasized.
/biz/ is full of idiots who cry about loosing their savings and going broke. Don't be one of them.

You start on /biz/, retard.

Isn't one of the dudes who founded bitcoin a convicted pedophile of teen boys who was himself preyed upon as a teen boy actor?

A lot of people are starting to put 1% of their wealth into bitcoin.
For some people that's $50

Ok thanks, man.

>one of the dudes who founded bitcoin
The closest thing Bitcoin has to a "founder" is Satoshi Nakamoto, which is an alias.
Nobody actually knows who was behind the research paper.

You don't buy when the price is skyrocketing, you buy when it is bottomed out. If you think Bitcoin is a good investment, then wait for a sell off, it will happen eventually because people will get scared of some rumor or want to sell their btc for USD to pay taxes or buy a home, so wait for it to crash back down to $2-3k and then hold onto until it booms back up to $5k, then sell before it crashes to $4k, got it?

Sitting on 50k USD in bitcoin, litecoin, bitcoin cash, Dash and some tokens like BAT and PAY.

It's good to be free.

easier to mine ethereum. here is one of my rigs

No dogecoin? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Don't buy yet. Wait for the crash. After the price surges because of normie speculators, like it has now, a crash always follows.

LISTEN TO
Investment 101- Never buy at an all time high. Especially crypto, which is the stock market on a cocktail of steroids. If you want to only invest in BTC, wait for it to drop at least 30% in value (it will) and buy up. If you want to learn about how to make money on a shitcoins go to and LURK until you know what the fuck you are doing. That place has more shills than Sup Forums. Finally, crypto/stock markets are gambling. If you do not know any compulsive gamblers, it drains the life out of them.

No NEO????