ITT: controversial opinions

Saddam Hussein was a genocidal dictator and the US was right to remove him. America stands for freedom and equality, and autocrats the world over should live in fear of our armed forces.

Other urls found in this thread:

globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/169/36408.html
huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/mccain-transition-chief-a_n_134595
countercurrents.org/chengu120113.htm
informationclearinghouse.info/article1779.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bombing Hirosaki and Nagashima was necessary

I agree.

(USMC here)

just look at iraq and the middle east today...
saddam couldnt do this dammage in one million of years.

Yeah when you remove Sadamm they dont need a dictator to do the opression, they simply opress eachother on their own. And the way they oppress eachother on their own is far worse than any dictator.

Traps are gay.

Controversial with Sup Forums: Trump is objectively ill-equipped to serve in a political office. His complete lack of experience has led to sluggish progress and a quickly-dwindling support base.
>inb4 hillary shill
I supported Trump until recently, and I gotta say lads he hasn't achieved much, just disappointed I guess.

t. jew boomer

Your thinking short term. Iraq is a democracy now and democracys are always messy especially in their early stages. 50 years from now Iraqi people and Libyan people will be enjoying freedom and peace, and they will remember which countries helped (America, UK, Poland) and which ones didn't (yours)

>controversial opinions
Every person on Sup Forums is not an autistic virginal white male

>soros gmbh

>Trump is objectively ill-equipped to serve in a political office. His complete lack of experience has led to sluggish progress
Agreed but I still support him. I didn't expect overnight miracles when I voted for him.

That was for a commercial you retard. Liberals will stop at nothing to attack trump.

i also thought this when i was 16

Sure. But should we do it to everyone? Why was he chosen to the the one to be removed right after 911 on a war that was declared based on lies? At what monetary cost? At what geopolitical cost?

Ba'athism is a great system. Saddam is good and Assad is better.

>That was for a commercial you retard.
And Trump was also involved in advertising a new range of outdoor sex couches with ornithological themes.

Arab, Just had a kid this year.
You are right on the Autistic and Male tho.

Of course we should do it to everyone but these things take time user. Obviously the next big threat is North Korea which I expect Trump to take care of by the end of his first term. Then we need to focus on Iran which is the no. 1 sponsor of terror in the middle east

>USMC here
fuck off nigger

well lets go end china and north korea almost all of africa and the middle east too if thats what it was about lets get to it

Islam must be preserved, for Muslims are the last ultra-conservative, anti-zionist people left. The Jews are doing everything in their power to degenerate Islam like they did with Christianity in the West.

that's not an opinion, that's just straight up wrong

It always amazes me that people go so far in the opposite direction of 'No WMDs' that they act as though Saddam never did nuffin.

I guess all those gas bombings were just fairytales then?

No one is going to do shit to North Korea, I am afraid they are there to stay.

fuck you
Libya was a good country before we fucked it
fuck the interventionist cocksucker leading class

lol can you even bench your own bodyweight? cuck

Nah we can crush them if we wanted too. Trump is just smart and is waiting for Kimmy to make the first move. But rest assured we're all ready to kick ass

Sorry left my shitpost flag on

Showerism is better. In a bath, you stew in your own filth and feces.

Saddam was CIA....

globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/169/36408.html

While many have thought that Saddam first became involved with U.S. intelligence agencies at the start of the September 1980 Iran-Iraq war, his first contacts with U.S. officials date back to 1959, when he was part of a CIA-authorized six-man squad tasked with assassinating then Iraqi Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-Karim Qasim.
...... Noting that the Baath Party was hunting down Iraq's communist, the CIA provided the submachine gun-toting Iraqi National Guardsmen with lists of suspected communists who were then jailed, interrogated, and summarily gunned down, according to former U.S. intelligence officials with intimate knowledge of the executions.

>Arab, Just had a kid this year.
Congrats, mate

And Kimmy wont do shit because he knows this. He will just point his missiles at us and our gook friends and bluff all day.

the US is a genocidal monster (4 million arabs killed since Reagan, easily 50 million in the 20th century) and it must be stopped at any cost.

Japan only started becoming successful when they ditched their kimono's, dressed up in suits and started larping as white people in the middle of the 1800s

Bitch, bin laden was 80s since the ussr fell in 1989

>Sup Forums isn't one person
we got a live one here, boys

Zbigneiw Brezinzsky - carter national security advisor with CIA asset Tim Osman - (Osama bin Laden) in Afghanistan after funding and training "mujaheddin" who became "al quada".
The word al quada is Arabic for "database" and originally referred to the CIA database of assets.
The CNN history of the US in the Middle East is as connected to reality as a child's Disney movie.

He looks uncomfortable like
>i hate to have to pose like this in this pedojew "high class" softcore type of shit i can't wait until i can gas all these goddamn yids and make america great again, until then gotta toe the line, patience donald
at least that's what I would be thinking in that situation

Precisely. This is crystal clear to 95% of the world's population. The other 5% are eating cookie-dough as a type this.

McCain and Saddam

McCain Transition Chief Aided Saddam In Lobbying Effort
14/11/2008 | Updated 26/05/2011

huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/mccain-transition-chief-a_n_134595

William Timmons, the Washington lobbyist who John McCain has named to head his presidential transition team, aided an influence effort on behalf of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein to ease international sanctions against his regime.

The two lobbyists who Timmons worked closely with over a five year period on the lobbying campaign later either pleaded guilty to or were convicted of federal criminal charges that they had acted as unregistered agents of Saddam Hussein's government.

..... In the 1970s, Park had admitted to making hundreds of thousands in payments and illegal campaign contributions to U.S. congressmen on behalf of the South Korean government. Park was indicted on 36 counts by a federal grand jury, but fled to South Korea before he could face trial. All of the charges were later dismissed in exchange for Park providing information about which public officials received funds from the South Korean government.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, not long after Timmons suggested that Vincent hire Park to assist their influence, lobbying, and back-channel diplomatic efforts on behalf of Saddam Hussein's government, much of that effort became increasingly bizarre, corrupt, and - on occasion - illegal.

The holocaust did actually happen.

Wow. He's been combing over for decades. I find it amusing that no amount of cash can make a bald guy look less ridiculous.

t. al-ancapistani

The Soros sponsored Libyan "uprising".
Note the fresh flags for the color rev.

Same tactics in use in Charlottesville.

#KnowyourSoros

ALLAH AL'IRAQ SADDAM O BAS
ALLAH LIBIYA GADDAFI O BAS
ALLAH SURIYAH BASHAR O BAS

>Libya before US "bombed it back to the Stone Age"
Libya (before2011 and US destruction)
Source: Garikai Chengu; Fellow of the Du Bois Institute for African Research, Harvard University.

countercurrents.org/chengu120113.htm

Muammar Gaddafi inherited one of the poorest nations in Africa . By the time he was assassinated, Libya was Africa 's most prosperous nation with the highest GDP per capita and life expectancy in Africa and less people lived below the poverty line than in the Netherlands . Libyans enjoyed
>free health care and free education,
>free electricity and interest free loans.
The price of petrol was around $0.14 per liter and 40 loaves of bread cost just $0.15.

One area where the United Nations Human Rights Council praised Mr. Gaddafi profusely is women's rights. Unlike many other nations in the Arab world, women in Libya had the right to education, hold jobs, divorce, hold property and have an income.
When Colonel Gaddafi took power in 1969, few women went to university. By 2011 more than half of Libya 's university students were women. One of the first laws Mr. Gaddafi passed in 1970 was an equal pay for equal work law, only a few years after a similar law was passed in the U.S. In fact, Libyan working mothers enjoyed a range of benefits including cash bonuses for children, free day care, free health care centres and retirement at 55.

That's not controversial, that's objectively wrong.
They never found WMDs like the neocons kept saying.

>saddam
>hafez
>bouteflika?
>gaddafi?

Even if there were no WMDs (wrong there were they were just smuggled out of the country with the help of Iran) the US was still justified in removing this SOB.

Once we take care of Iran the WMDs will finally be found. You can quote me on this

Okay McCain

Al Qaeda means "The Base" as in literally the single guerilla base they originated from. Go back to huffing petrol, mong.

>Saddam gasses Kurds?
US accusations of a leader "killing his own people" a recurring theme - "allowing" the US to "protect" the targeted population.

Halabja (pop. 80,000) is a small Kurdish city in northern Iraq.
On Wednesday, the Star reminded readers that Saddam Hussein's Iraqi army killed 5,000 Kurds in a 1988 chemical weapons attack on Halabja near the end of a bloody, eight-year war with Iran.

The statement that Saddam was responsible for gassing the Kurds — his own people — was straightforward.

US President George W. Bush has used similar language about the disaster at Halabja in making a case for a military strike to oust Saddam.

Yet the Star also reported, in a Jan. 31 Opinion page column, that there's reason to believe the story about Saddam "gassing his own people" at Halabja may not even be true.

Curious about those contradictory reports, and prodded by Star reader Bill Hynes, the ombud decided to examine how this paper covered the Halabja story 15 years ago, when Washington was tilting toward Saddam's side in the Iran-Iraq war.

The Star's early coverage was skimpy. I found no breaking news story about the March 16, 1988 gas attack on the city.

But four days later, a Reuters News Agency dispatch (filed from Cyprus) said Kurds, fighting on the Iranian side, had managed to seize Halabja and nearby villages "where Iran has accused Iraq of using chemical weapons against Kurds."

Two days later, Reuters reported, Iran was alleging that 5,000 Kurds were killed by chemical bombs dropped on Halabja by the Iraqi Air Force.

Iranian officials put injured Iraqi civilians on display to back up their charges. An Iranian doctor said mustard gas and "some agent causing long-term damage" had been deployed.

Burn victim Ahmad Karim, 58, a street vendor from Halabja, told a reporter: "We saw the (Iraqi) planes come and use chemical bombs. I smelled something like insecticide."

US accusations of a leader "killing his own people" a recurring theme - "allowing" the US to "protect" the targeted population.

The same story said Iraq's claims that Iran also had used chemical weapons "have not been verified."

Buried in that story by freelancer Trevor Rowe was an intriguing piece of information. Rowe reported the Iraqi forces had attacked Halabja when it "was occupied by Iranian troops. Five thousand Kurdish civilians were reportedly killed."

...the only thing known for certain was that "Kurds were bombarded with poison gas that day at Halabja. We cannot say with any certainty that Iraqi chemical weapons killed the Kurds."

Pelletiere said the gassing occurred during a battle between Iraqis and Iranians.

"Iraq used chemical weapons to try to kill Iranians who had seized the town ... The Kurdish civilians who died had the misfortune to be caught up in that exchange. But they were not Iraq's main target," he wrote.

The former CIA official revealed that immediately after the battle the US Defense Intelligence Agency investigated and produced a classified report that said it was Iranian gas that killed the Kurds.

Both sides used gas at Halabja, Pelletiere suggested.

"The condition of the dead Kurds' bodies however, indicated they had been killed with a blood agent — that is, a cyanide-based gas — which Iran was known to use. The Iraqis, who are thought to have used mustard gas in the battle, are not known to have possessed blood agents at the time."

"A War Crime Or an Act of War?" was the way The Times' headline writer neatly summed up Pelletiere's argument.

No doubt, Saddam has mistreated Kurds during his rule. But it's misleading to say, so simply and without context, that he killed his own people by gassing 5,000 Kurds at Halabja.

The fog of war that enveloped the battle at Halabja in 1988 never really lifted.

He wasn't denying that, he was saying that the US largely ceased their aid to al-Qaeda after the 1980s because of the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989

I can understand why they did it (they wanted to address both U.S. aid for Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War as well as U.S. support for al-Qaeda during the Soviet-Afghan War) but there were far better examples they could use, especially considering they already addressed Afghanistan with the 1970s section.

Perhaps instead they should have talked about U.S. support for Bosnian jihadists during the Yugoslav Wars or U.S. aid to Chechens during their wars with Russia for their 1990s section.

Why are 9 of 10 threads bait?

Iran doesn't even give a shit about the US beyond them continually funding Israel.

>take two atomic bombs in the ass
>defends the country that gave him two ATOMIC bombs in the ass
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

JAPS ARE A FUCKIN JOKE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

Yes, I am so happy for being an Arab.

1970 Arab League Summit in Cairo, Egypt
Left to right:
>Iraqi Vice President Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti
>Syrian President Hafez al-Assad
Algerian Minister of Foreign Affairs >Abdelaziz Bouteflika
>Syrian Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdul Halim Khaddam

Khaddam. He was vice president under Hafez in the 80s. I couldn't find a photo of Saddam, Hafez, and Gaddafi. :(

saddam wanted to sell his country's oil in other currency than the US dollar, primarily his own country's currency. The federal reserve caught wind of this and came up with the "WMD" story to sway public opinion and invade iraq. they don't like it when people try to get around their fiat currency.