Do any of you worry that Sup Forums significantly warps your world view?

Do any of you worry that Sup Forums significantly warps your world view?

Like you're exposed to news stories through Sup Forums that you otherwise probably wouldn't hear about because they're not actually that significant (obviously significant things get discussed here too, I'm not talking about those). Take a crazy feminist thing that happened in Sweden and a crazy tranny incident in Canada and a video of some white kid getting attacked because he has dreads and then repeat this cycle week after week until you're convinced that these handful of individual incidents from around the world are an accurate reflection of reality. Don't you worry that the nature of this board aggregates the most enraging articles, and by having a constant stream of these articles it makes the state of the world seem a lot worse than it actually is?

It's like when 10,000 twitter users form a lynch mob because someone said something racist. Those 10,000 people seem like a massive force, but in reality they're a fraction of a percent of the people on Earth. Most people don't give a fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll give you a serious answer.

I legitimately didn't use the word faggot but my grandfather did. Sup Forums brought it back, and it's pretty liberating to call fagootry by it's name.
The second thing is that no one has told me anything new to me in a long time. I learn about shit here so much faster than anywhere else. During today's happening, I read something in the sticky a good 30 minutes before I saw it anywhere else.

Appreciate the response but that doesn't really answer my question.

Well, I'm drunk as shit and fucking around on Sup Forums, so I didn't expect it would. That's still the best response you'll probably get to this post.

Nice formulaic, prescripted one-post. In case any newfags are here, I'll explain something. When the pulsing TV tells you "the way it is," can you instantly contradict or research specific points, using the same interface (the remote or dial)? No? Hmm, sounds like an echo chamber to me. Especially when every channel toes the same line on certain things. Whereupon here on the internet, there's almost nothing stopping you from doing that (except Facebook and Google censorship), and with the anonymity here on Sup Forums, real discussion and real diversity of opinion is actually possible.
But please. By all means reveal your contact information, what you look like, and ATM code, and how I could go about torching your car, and then, using pre-internet mass communications, prove me wrong. Provided you have network permission and do not offend any sponsors, of course.
You incompetant shill faggot.

Pol is people talking it out. The msm is a set of corporations spitting pure propaganda.

This is the most truth I've seen here tonight. Thanks user.

Is this a copy pasta?

What the fuck is going on?

>Whereupon here on the internet, there's almost nothing stopping you from doing that
I'm not really talking about the internet in general, I'm talking about Sup Forums. We all know there are people who spend a lot of time here and get a lot of their news here. My concern is that Sup Forums's format naturally filters out most of the stories that are not enraging to Sup Forums's userbase, making the world seem more enraging than it really is. There are plenty of things to get mad about, but Sup Forums tends to give people a concentrated dose.

Obviously it does. Open your eyes and consume other news sources. Sup Forums is mostly reactionary outrage politics that looks for things to be offended about

The only story that matters is the possible collusion that Trump had with Russia.

Nothing's perfect and you always need to keep your mind guarded against blond acceptance, especially about things that reinforce your personal world view.

That being said, I'd challenge you to name a form more open than this.

>news source
>Sup Forums
Jesus, this is where we come to pick apart all of the obvious bias and say all of the things that everyone who isn't retarded thinks. This isn't a news source, and if you consider it one, you might have something wrong with you.

>Most people don't give a fuck
You figured it out! We honestly don't give too much of a shit and know that we're powerless. It's just that here we can talk to an international group (somewhat), have at least semi-intelligent displays of right wing thought, oh and say nigger and faggot all we want. I follow most forms of media and internet boards. And I take none of them as superior to my lived experience where pretty much everyone is kinda decent to one another regardless of age, sexual orientation, race, species, religion, or political affiliation.

>new thread
>misleading title
>link to random article similar to topic
>Drumpf blown the fuck out
>346 replies and 63 images omitted.

Every time. This is a terrible place to find news. Watch a local news station.

Sup Forums is my right wing balance to classical left wing media

Most of the stories I see here (at least about my country) I either will see or have seen in the newspaper

No. Sup Forums is not trustworthy, like any part of Sup Forums, and is loaded with shills, trolls, and general assholes, which means has helped my ability to fact check things, both here, and in mainstream news articles.

Every single news desk in the western world is run by people of the same class, same general education, and lives in the same environment. The decision they make on what stories to push, and what angles to take on them, what to include and exclude also have similar problems. And they all work for highly consolidated media giants. And that's not counting times when the news gets caught flagrantly going full Spanish American war.

In any case, does the mainstream media pretend to give a balanced representation of what the world is like?

As far as the specific issue of perspective, critically evaluating statistical information comes into play. And it's understanding how induction and deduction work.

It's as much of an issue as someone who's raised on clickbait.

No if anything it strengthens my skepticism

well I think
I think
I think
>i think
>i think
>i think
>i think, i think, i thik, i thik, i tink i think

i am trying to find the trigger words here to turn everyone in to my unthinking robots, "" fag op says to himself then scratches his crabs down his shorts

yes hearing anything apart from my isolated utopian lifestyle i live here i the rural area, makes me quiver with thoughts of unclean merry bears goign nuts and eating my head. i cant have them doing that. nature cant be scary. I dont know how i cope without someone, else, telling me what to think abut every single thing, thak you op for the 11 "facts" that supports OPiions. Opinion is somethign that everyone has. an opinion is something the majority has. You gotta speak in real time on the internte, and not waste anyones time

why anyone would want to see this topic here, why someone would waste time with it, who cares. more than answers to this needs to be happening

What are you even talking about?

>this is what im saying facts dont suport an opinion, and thats NOT what OP who my picture dictates, says

probably i just dont really care, the stories on here aren't real. what stories do i hear on here that i dont hear somewhere else? itd be SOME OTHER WEBSITE.

what do you do all day on the web? jerk it?

theyre trying to mimic/copy everythign you do, with bots. askign yo uwhat you do online, is a big fuckign stupid vague question to asnwer

why i wrote,
>i think, i think ithink

its like theyrethought process they went thorugh makign that up. i read them saying it. you should try being white

I agree I wasn't making an argument. I genuinely don't understand what you were trying to say with those posts.

you are literally triggered by OP's picture and can't get my message
thatsgood im laughing at you

Been drinking tonight friend?

youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
>yea drinking
im tired of you guys when yo ucant answer your own discrepancies trying to call someone drunk on the internet

The media is obviously skewed as fuck. What a lot of Sup Forums points out isn't warped.

People who think it is are thinking of received wisdom that the TV makes legitimate in their mind, things that signify good taste i.e. basing their opinions on what Vice mag or weird twitter snarks about or people who have chinese-brains rote learning academic propaganda who don't realize you can always embellish a lie to make it seem legit with shuck and jive arguments e.g. "Racism = privilege + prejudice"

Whites who regurgitate anti-white views predominantly have impure selfish motives.

what else do yo udo besides fidn interestign shit on the internet.

... this topic

you guys are shills paid to smoke screen this topic into a normal 4 chan thing to get your datamine going on right?

I'm calling you drunk because you're speaking nonsensically and doing the text equivalent of stumbling around and slurring your words.

hey pretty close, kinda the same idea, i was gttign shilled bu ti came to my sense time u came around too. i agree with your opposing also along my line view

YOUR TRIGGERED BY A PICTURE SAYING FACTS AGREE TO YOUR OPINION
your begging for attention. and the topic is askign about your internte activitiy it has no .. content in it.

bland this one dude picked all that out.all op says is tv thinks its smart

>My concern is

Concern troll detected. Face full of buckshot recommended.

No because I was a liberal and was red pilled. Lots of times I wish it didn't happen, because once you find out Hitler literally did nothing wrong, you can't stop seeing the small international clique that conspires to destroy all other nations.

YOU'R TALKING ABOUT PROGRAMMING

CNN HAS SOME FAGGOT IN THE CONTROL ROOM DECIDING WHAT FAGGOT SPIN TO PUT ON THEIR ""REAL" STORIES, IE STORIES THAT FURTHER THEIR AGENDA AND REINFORCE THEIR BIAS

THEN HE SAYS LETS INCLUDE SOME FEELGOOD PUFF PIECES TO PAD OUT THE CYCLE

Sup Forums CUTS THROUGH THE BULLSHIT AND JUST ZEROES IN ON THE MEAT

YOU MUST ALWAYS CONSIDER THE SOURCE AND EVERY SOURCE HAS A BIAS, Sup Forums'S BIAS IS ANTI-BULLSHIT

He's a fag who came from some smug site like something awful who thinks everyone here listens to kid rock acting like he's above it all with his epic satire

That's because you are not smart enough to understand what he is saying.

Lurk moar faggot!

>it makes the state of the world seem a lot worse than it actually is
the state of the world is way way worse than most people think it is.

If you take anything on Sup Forums seriously, you may as well drink a gallon of stale piss.

I'm more worried about how bad the MSM warps people's worldviews.

going to Sup Forums for your news. i do understand most of you incels never leave the house except to buy hot pockets in the middle of the night. have an irl conversation with someone who isn't a neet. also read stuff besides reddit. faggots.

I got redpilled and started hating commies/feminists/kikes/faggots wayyy before I came to pol.
You guys only made me develop a new hatred for nigger, 'tis all

>Most people don't give a fuck.
Exactly, that's why you don't go to the normies if you want to hear about politics. Centrism in the current system is a retarded meme, because it's just giving in to an infinite series of half-compromises between preservation and (((progress))), which obviously results in the leftists winning everything.
So I'm here. A bastion of free thought.

I'm at this point myself honestly. I've stopped visiting Sup Forums frequently but there are signs of sjw/pro-immigration/anti-white sentiments everywhere. Of course this is being pushed by msm/hollywood instead of your average person.

Logan and Transformers 5 are two movies I've seen that had excessive propaganda shoe-horned in. And no not because Logan has a Mexican girl. The end scene where they had to "Cross the Border" to be safe. They were all kids and almost entirely minorities. Running from white men in riot gear (border agents). It was so obvious but everyone else seemed blind to it. Then in Transformers 5 the bullshit Mexican girl again. She served literally NO purpose in the movie at all except for the two speeches she made about how she wants to "stay in her home" and how "were all family". I was able to let others see that one, a lot more obvious.

And of course the MSM bias is overtly obvious as always, not to mention everywhere else I've seen this. So I've come to the conclusion Sup Forums is right about a lot. Not everything but definitely about the propoganda.

However most people are retarded sheep who hate to think for themselves and just blindly follow Fox News or on the other side literally every other news without thinking for themselves. In conclusion I guess I want to get across that Sup Forums is usually correct and enlightening in a world of ignorance and propoganda. I'm not sure if I would have noticed it completely on my own.

Yes, I do worry about it at times and I think it's a valid concern.
Take an example: There are two countries that I know very well (France and the UK). I know how Sup Forums exaggerates how bad the situation is in both countries (especially in London and Paris where I have lived most of my life). I imagine the same goes for the treatment of other countries that I know less well (Sweden maybe and Germany).
On the whole, I think Sup Forums is a far better source for information that is overlooked or vastly distorted by the MSM, and that's what makes it so valuable. Just make sure you step out of the bubble from time to time and talk to the normies in your life

says the kekistani fag

why.. does it seem,that TV is affecting topics, discussed on here? i think thats the question how did it get here needs to be

When and how did you start hating les herbreux?

Yeah. I go to CNN and other reliable sources for my news. I just come to Sup Forums to laugh at how rural and suburbanly retarded they are.

So no shit there I was earlier today talking about how much my life has improved since I stopped coming here for a couple months.

Fast forward to 2am and I'm wide awake and wound up all because I was trying to find out more about the Barcelona, Spain truck of peace and tolerance. I guess I'm here forever.

No because you have to defend your opinion here, can't just claim shit like on TV with zero backing or you will look like a fool.

Yeah it did. It made me slightly racist.

IRL I don't even hate all niggers. There, I said it again!

>mfw your family wonders why you're on a NeoNazi board.

Man keep it up you're making em look like the fools they are

They don't even know that they would get banned for saying this shit on our cool forum, mods there know they're shit which obviously means what theyre saying is stupid

I feel like a lot of stories/topics that get posted on Sup Forums could get posted on /news/ and reserve some more space for discussion of actual politics. The only "general" thread we get based on politics is NatSoc, which is fine with me, but still. I must say there's been a big influx of just discussing current events this year. Like i come on here pretty much every night, and it basically is to get news, while i watch the news on tv too, and just try to actually make a story of what actually happened and why for myself.
So yeah to answer your question it does warp your world view, in the same way that anything like this does. Facebook stories do, twitter happenings, just like watching news or posting on a popular image board/forum. It's all media. Too much of it will inevitably warp your view. If you feel something is negatively affecting you it's probably best to cut it out.

>Do any of you worry that Sup Forums significantly warps your world view?

No, because it's not my only news source and Sup Forums is a piss trickle in the vast media world. 99.9% of all information you get will be filtered in a lefty point of view, and that includes most things that are posted on about on Sup Forums.

>Don't you worry that the nature of this board aggregates the most enraging articles

"Enraging" meaning what exactly? Stop using emotional talk. Of course it's the controversial topics that get highlighted, that's how all discussion forums work. We have casual threads about niche topics like books all the time they're just much less active.

>It's like when 10,000 twitter users form a lynch mob

How the fuck is it like that when we're not forming lynch mobs on a regular basis? You were originally talking about content variety so this analogy isn't even relevant.

Activate more almonds.

your suppose to be triggered by the facts support your opinions hint everyone has an opinion, image
then datamine for him yuor daily internet activity

there trying to make a bot, that copies yoru daily internet activity cuase they have bots that make topics like this one

When I became Christian
Kike related shit makes all sense now, it has been foretold 2000 years ago, and is just now being discerned by people.

>The only "general" thread we get based on politics is NatSoc, which is fine with me,

A huge factor in this is the availability of platforms elsewhere to discuss "regular" politics. This is why NatSoc and AnCap is well represented here.

> Too much of it will inevitably warp your view. If you feel something is negatively affecting you it's probably best to cut it out.

Politics is mostly mental masturbation as a hobby. Unless you're connected or wealthy, your personal impact on politics isn't even worth fretting about and you're just wasting your own time thinking about it.

If you're an activist you're just a peasant for someone richer pulling the strings.

If you're here because you enjoy spitballing about theory or LARPing as various ideologies to entertain yourself, then you're in the right place with the right hobby. Otherwise, reconsider your choices.

the only thing that can warp your world view are facts or appeals to emotion. With a little logic you can determine which one was used against you.

Nah this user has been at it for about 3'months. He uses unique flag as stand in trip code.

He manually types everything.. Good oc source for pastas

R A R E
A
R
E

>taking Sup Forums seriously

go outside

Yes... some of these E-celebrities daily comings and goings are like a soap opera. Nobody should care too much.

But Sup Forums is actually a kick ass news source.. I know shit that takes ages to filter down to the retard news on TV.

Sup Forums has on-the-scene 'reporters' all over the globe giving you the lowdown on happenings big and small.

They are just opinions and sometimes here say, but I've realized the 'real' news is often even more full of shit than the average Sup Forumstard. at least we don't have any hidden motives.

Overall pol is pretty fucking good -- you could do a lot worse.

>my lived experience where pretty much everyone is kinda decent to one another regardless of age, sexual orientation, race, species, religion, or political affiliation.
>t. upper-middle class individual living in a wealthy >80% white community
You're a normie.

You can't see, or even imagine, a future in which the situation is different from what you experience today. You're the kind of person that needs a problem, and the pain associated with it, to be immediate and unavoidable before even thinking about acting upon it; unfortunately though, waiting until the first chilly days of November is too late to start storing food and wood (see "The Ant and the Grasshopper", even the ancient Greeks knew about this).

Thinking in abstract about a remote future is a skill that you don't have or, if you do have, don't exploit because that takes effort. That's the reason why democracies, in the mid to long term, fail. That's the reason why for 99.99% of human history there was a clearly defined boundary between rules and followers: rulers, which mind you aren't perfect and can be needlessly cruel or oppressive, have this skill; followers don't.

So you hate the jews and pray to their god (who "chose" them as his people) and read their Torah (l'Ancien Testament)?
You are not free yet.

see

You need to be very careful to not take everything you see here as fact. There is disinformation being pushed here all the time. I would also even say I am pretty sure there are certain groups/agencies who push fringe ideas here to squash any chances of WN taking off. However, many people here are either new and take everything as fact, or just a sheep like the normies they love to bash.

We have all the political sides here, how can we get brainwashed by this? It is even possible? We don't select who we want to talk to, unlike normies.

I've been browsing since 2012ish. My political views haven't really changed, I'm still moderately conservative, but I am far more outraged at how unbelievably evil the political left is.

What people aren't aware of, is that Facebook has utilized their algorithm that they once only "tested" to see how people reacted to seeing good/bad news, but now on a mass scale. This is why it feels like everything is escalating faster and faster.

yea its always some faggoty ass bullshit- such as you faggots who trigger by this topic Picture. They rely on some type of stupid mob rule to push their shit, ive caught them with this shit making up fake sides and getting someone else to leave or soem stupdi ass reason, and called them out, they dont answer discrepancies,
and im tired of this shit fuck them

This is an extremely bad post and you should be ashamed of yourself op

Im bulgarian my friend, all thats preventing us from gleefully slaughtering anything crossing the border is that Germany would put an embargo on us and france and the UK would nuke us for it. Else you would have no rapefugee problem.

I mean, the vast majority of my country would feel right at home on Sup Forums. Only differnce is many oldfags hate nazis and fascists (commie propaganda) even if they hold the exact same values.

Wow
So much ignorance...
Here's a bit of Jewish (which aren't Jewish, they were called out by Christ as being fake, and servants of satan) doctrine. pic related.

Rev 3:9
>"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you."

We definitely do not worship the same God, fucking kek

I think in Europe the terrorism is actually a serious issue. What really gets me though is all the censorship of the internet from big companies like Google that practically control the whole internet. It makes me nervous this is all gonna fall apart.

>I think in Europe the terrorism is actually a serious issue.
It is. Europe's replacement is much more violent than America's. We are being replaced by people who's country had white people as the elite. They do not want to kill us. Europe is being invaded by a population that believes all infidels must convert or die, yet they still refuse to wake up.

I would agree with that if the things that haunt me were not backed by historically and statistically significant data.

After a while, I support the use of emotionally charged material to break the spirit of the uninitiated. What took me years could only take weeks or months for others.

Sup Forums is just one of many sources

I read all the Danish newspapers online
Occasionally watch the state-funded news show online while eating dinner
I also read Reuters, CNN, BBC and RT

It's easy to find the angles that the various countries/companies have when you get the news from such a broad array of sources

Sup Forums just spices things up

Reminder that file included is the future of whites when they become a minority.

Sup Forums is always right and Ebola-chan should have been left to wipe out the niggers in Africa. I say we let the fucking lefties dive off the deep end until they get exactly what their movement is heading towards - re-segregation and a civil war. It doesn't seem like things are going to stop morally degenerating until shit gets real.
These people lost their Gods, their foundation of moral stories, by accepting the pursuit of pleasure as the ultimate goal, and now paradoxically attach subjective moral philosophy on their new God of science.

Yes it is. Well, it's where news sources are posted. I've learned a shitton of info since coming here, and I often do see stories here before or at the same time as they surface on more mainstream places.
As long as you continue to examine all sides of a story, there's no reason Sup Forums can't be a place to get news. Especially news that the MSM won't cover

amen

Change Sup Forums to tumblr and you've got the same result.

People just can't be fucked to do research anymore

>talk of illuminati comes up with normie friend
>"what if i told you it's really the jews?"
>awkward silence
You could say I jump the gun more now, because it's the fucking jews!

Not really, I'm not a neet so I see with my own eyes things the awful shit we see online isn't common in the real world. That being said, I'm glad communities like Sup Forums exist because tv, music, movies, internet, social media etc are being used to try and subvert the real world to make those disgusting people more common and prevalent. I personally think some of the stories media covers like a man who became a woman having a child with a woman who became a man they do so because it's so fucking ridiculous it's laughable. Who can honestly cheer that shit on other than the most mentally ill and vile of the lefties?

Hi FBI shill

This but
Yes and no. I see a lot of shit being pushed but you can always tell if you arent the newest summer child.
I live with commies. I am surrounded by them. I literally hide amongst them because things have gotten so bad here and trying to downplay this madness isnt something i will put up with.
It really is likea angry twitter mob of 10000 racists but you know what? They just so happen to be the only party still standing that support free speech and if i cant have it in my country i sure as fucking hell want it online.
I and im pretty most dont care aboit normies or what they think. Stupid people are stupid and their opinions are mostly just reguritated and dismissing of any dialogue. I wished you fascists would understand and stop trying to bring about your dystopian dream.
Now please go die in a fire you fucking shill.

You make a very good argument, but it's no different than the MSM and the schools and universities pumping out propaganda non-stop.

Ann Coulter's article this week is rage inducing. she recounts how the guy who killed the dallas cops said his goal was to kill whites, and he had bombs and shit back home, but afterwards Obama and Hillary were like "gunz r bad", "no way to be sure why he did all this".

If the press pool had shouted at Obama for that the way they all shouted at Trump for mentioning that antifa beats people with bats then maybe life wouldn't suck so much.

If you can find several instances of psycho lefties and whites being discriminated against on a daily basis, then it's not a "handful" and it is an accurate reflection of reality.
>isn't common where I live
ftfy
You have no clue my man.

That's not what they say. They worship the same god you do. You may say they worship Satan, but you have to actually prove it. Do they do the shabbat for Satan? Do they ger circumcided for the devil? Do they not eat pork because they have a covenant with Satan? I could go on and on. They don't acknowledge your holy book, so don't use it to prove what they believe or dont believe.

>Take a crazy feminist thing that happened in Sweden and a crazy tranny incident in Canada and a video of some white kid getting attacked because he has dreads and then repeat this cycle week after week until you're convinced that these handful of individual incidents from around the world are an accurate reflection of reality.

All news does this. All news focuses on the outrageous bad things that happen in society because that's how they generate views. If they just reported normal things like "99% of people didn't die today" then nobody would watch their news show and their business would fail.

Always remember: news is not a public service, it is a business model.

I came really close to revealing my powerlevel the day Trump won.