Thoughts on this film?

As a Bong it gave me patriotic feels about comradery and us standing up to continentals again but I kept having a nagging feeling that we shouldn't have even been there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY&
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_convoys_of_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk#Defence_of_the_perimeter
imdb.com/title/tt1883092/
imdb.com/title/tt0108211/
web-beta.archive.org/web/20150317011622/http://newobserveronline.com/white-americans-remained-shockingly-european-despite-decades-pro-racial-mixing-propaganda-new-dna-study-reveals/?replytocom=492090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>a nagging feeling

yep

I saw it recently and wasn't too impressed. Why the hell did Nolan make this movie?

Bunch of britcucks had to get rescued by civilians. s m h

Now I understand why the UK is now run by muslims.

The movie was mostly boring too. Dozed off a few times.

While we're here, what are some other good WW2 movies? Saving Private Ryan is mine

I thought the cinematography was excellent. A master piece.

Fucking boring as hell

Hans Zimmer is always good too

>Hans

As a kid I always liked the Guns of Navarrone. The sequel is pretty good as well, it has Harrison Ford in it.

Politics aside, I thought it was pretty boring. The sensory overload just made my brain shut off after a while. Easily Nolan's weakest film.

t. paco rodriguez

B E A D Y

>Bunch of britcucks had to get rescued by civilians. s m h

Very few of the people were actually rescued by civilians. Almost all the small boats were commandeered by navy personnel.

>While we're here, what are some other good WW2 movies?

Das Boot
A Bridge too Far
The Eagle Has Landed
Cross of Iron

F u bongs, if you had just told Churchill to fuck off we wouldn't be here

Minorities btfo

>While we're here, what are some other good WW2 movies?

Talvisota
Stalingrad
Letters of Iwo Jima
Tora! Tora! Tora!

> we wuz da wieners
> -- filthy anglos
t. my thoughts

Enemy at the gates
The Pianist if you can pry yourself away from your Sup Forums larp for a couple of hours

Where Eagles Dare is a top tier WW2 movie. Also there's snow so it's comfy.

Was expecting Saving Private Ryan what i got was a decent fighter movie and a bunch of Sinking ships. it was alright but not the grand masterpiece i was expecting. Also the end fucking ruined it how does a spitfire out of fuel take down a plane?

We're the protectors of Europe. We'll never fully be part of them, but we'll always be there for them.

This movie was SO FUCKING boring. And Hans Zimmer learned what a riser is, the sound they use in EDM for over 2 decades.

>Stalingrad
Which one?

You only beat Germany because we gave you weapons you communist mongoloid peasant.

Our biggest mistake was not letting Germany flatten you turnip niggers.

I honestly believe the best will always be Band of Brothers even though its a miniseries. Also Kelly's Hero's, and the Dirty Dozen.

>we gave you weapons
>British flag
What did he mean by this?

>war movie
>no war

really makes you think

Revisionist movie focused on spineless waiting Brits while leaving the French rearguard that allowed the evacuation to happen out of the picture
Here's a short 5 mins docu on how Dunkirk really happened

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY&

>bluepill the post

We're not the protectors of Europe. We're the dividers of Europe because that is the smart thing for a sovereign island to do. I make no apologies for it. The only thing I'm sorry about is that it was Germans this time who became a threat as they were pretty based before the 20th century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_convoys_of_World_War_II

WE saved your asses in dunkerque this film is de la merde

>Kelly's Heroes
>Dirty Dozen

Honestly I think these are the two films I saw as a kid that made me a USphile

The score was incredibly generic t b h

You helped us escape but then who came back and liberated you? Us and our Anglo colonies.

the longest day
Also those

Well, the movie focuses on Brits, who happened to sit on the beach and wait for the evacuation
Fighting were taking place few kms from there inland between the advancing Germans and the French rearguard, but Nolan decided to show bongs only, so...

Agreed, I don't even think it's worth watching outside a high class cinema. The music and camera works carries the whole movie, and that will get lost home in your couch. Weak script, weak characters.

The only positive thing would be that nearly everyone I know that watched it began to question why the Germans didn't just destroy them from the air, the Germans seemed less 'evil'.

>You helped us escape but then who came back and liberated you?

We Americans liberated Europe in 1944
You bongs were just side-kicks that had been too cowardly to do anything in the four years prior to it despite being just next to occupied countries

What are some WW2 movies where the good guys are actually portrayed as the good guys? Is there even any?

The only thing anglosaxons and commies liberated us from is the afflication of being white and judenfrei, good job.

Well ok, we step in when they start to get out of line.

It is a shame that Germany has random autistic sperg outs. They still owe us reparations from when they kidnapped Richard the Lionheart and held him for ransom.

>We Americans liberated Europe in 1944
The Soviets liberated Europe you revisionist cuck. Americans just jumped in when the war in Europe was already won.

It wasn't about glorifying the war or the leadership that got us into it. It's about glorifying the bravery and struggle of young white men dealing with the situation they've been forced into. There's a reason they never made the Germans into bad guys, or ever mentioned nazis. It's not typical war movie propaganda

Of course not.

>thinking (((they'd))) ever let a movie like that be made
Look at how far left and extreme all of hollywood is. Movies are propaganda and money makers, that's all

The bridge (1959)
Der blue max
Das boot
Stalingrad (1992)
Generation war
Cross of iron

Off the top of my head these are the films that have a somewhat sympathetic view of germans

WW I Paths of Glory
WW II Letters from Iwo Jima
Vietnam We were Soldiers
Iraq war American Sniper

Dont forget Land of Mine, and Downfall.

Reminder for those that got fooled by the British revisionist movie

>Although Churchill had promised the French that the British would cover their escape, on the ground it was the French who held the line whilst the last remaining British soldiers were evacuated. Enduring concentrated German artillery fire and Luftwaffe strafing and bombs, the French stood their ground.

>On 2 June (the day the last of the British units embarked onto the ships),[Notes 1] the French began to fall back slowly, and by 3 June the Germans were about two miles (3 km) from Dunkirk. The night of 3 June was the last night of evacuations. At 10:20 on 4 June, the Germans hoisted the swastika over the docks from which so many British and French troops had escaped.[40][41][42]

>Meanwhile, Erwin Rommel had surrounded five divisions of the French First Army near Lille. Although completely cut off and heavily outnumbered, the French fought on for four days under General MoliniƩ, thereby keeping seven German divisions from the assault on Dunkirk and saving an estimated 100,000 Allied troops.[35]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk#Defence_of_the_perimeter

The movie didn't go down the EVIL RACIST BIGOT NAZIS MUH GORILLION route which was a pleasant surprise. The only time I got triggered was when seeing a black soldier and then I rationised it because he was French lmao

lol at this coward hiding his real flag

the pacific is really good.

We liberated the relevant parts
The Soviets "liberated" (lel, more like captured) the irrelevavnt Eastern shitholes

You joined when the war was pretty much over. We won the Battle of Britain and North Africa by ourselves you degenerate non-white cuck.

Read German soldier diaries. They feared the British but laughed at you newbies who are only used to killing Native Indians and Rednecks.

Eat shit. Northern Ireland is still British you mulatto fuck

i liked these, they're from german pov
generation war (miniseries)
imdb.com/title/tt1883092/
stalingrad
imdb.com/title/tt0108211/

p-please delete Pierre

>You joined when the war was pretty much over

More like the war was over soon after we joined because we were so good

Last we were told, France liberated itself :^)

No dialogues, no real combat scenes aside from a fighter's battle, no character depth, no enemy perspective
1/10 they made me go watch it

Is generation war the subtitle for unsere mutter unser vatter? Fuck saw that show on TV while in Hungary, didn't know it had an English dub

>standing up to continentals
How the fuck is "standing up to" running away like spineless fucks from a war you started?

This. Even as a Bong the 'evil German' meme gets stale. In the film the only time you even see a German helmet is at the end.

The french have maybe the proudest military history of all european nations and ww2 was no exception

A movie about cowards britbongs and french guy.
hacksaw ridge

Haven't seen it yet but I intend to, preferably on the big screen

The Kikes hate it

>It's about glorifying the bravery and struggle of young white men dealing with the situation they've been forced into.

Then they should have been showing the French conscripts that were fighting in the rearguard, not the British professional soldiers that were sitting on a beach while the formers were dying to save them

Enemy at the gates is a bullshit fake propaganda piece that isn't true
The pianist is a Jew movie made by a Jew and propaganda, that kike Polanski even had the balls to include what happened to the officer who spared him as a fucking footnote at the end of the movie
Kill yourself

I really loved Gallipoli, didn't see it mentioned

red tails for sure dude

We advanced. Assessed the situation. Fell back tactically. Won the war.

We became the biggest empire in the history of man for a reason, my mulatto President Kushner no more Bannon friend :^)

The Retreat needed to happen the French shit the bed and just didn't turn up. Had the BEF been wiped out then the war would have been lost. All sides knew that retreat was the best option.

Actually the French were fucking pathetic in WW2
But stealing one of the rare episodes of bravery they had in this war to credit it to Brits in a revisionist movie is real fucking disgusting
Nolan should be ashamed

Jews never fight because you're all weak and inbred.

P.s. We created your country you filthy Arab Kike.

>who became a threat
You lying anglonpiece of shit
The only thing they were a threat to was your and France's status as the strongest in Europe
You literally plunged the world into darkness and caused what has happened to use today because.you couldn't come to grips with having lost your empire
Also because you liked trains

>Implying France wasn't just as responsible as the bongs for both world wars
Come on now Pierre

Always mediocre and predictable, you mean.
>muh fog horns

Without American resources Russiastan and England we're fucking done
Kill yourself eurocuck revisionist commie slut

They didn't mention Nazis because the word Nazi was made up by a fucking kike in 1946

What do you think I meant by threat you stupid 60% nigger. Thanks for making my point for me again.

>The Retreat needed to happen the French shit the bed and just didn't turn up
Still the fact conscripts had to die to protect the running away of professional soldiers is unsettling
Not to mention that the French had zero personal interest in helping Brits, since the war was unwinnable for them at that point anyway

>Had the BEF been wiped out then the war would have been lost.
Good joke bro
The war was won by America and Russia
Brits barely had any relevance

>Paths of Glory
>Not All Quiet in the Western Front
Shame

The American banker financed every communist revolution in the world.

The 'land of the free' waged war on poor southerners because they voluntarily left your club.

Eat shit you mongrel mulatto nigger. You have no ties to any land. You are the rape baby of greater Europeans.

the movie wasnt horrible, but the editing was done by a 12 yr old.

also a bunch of the guns were wrong and the spitfire bit at the end was so poorly done and inaccurate that it should have been in Fury.

>Won the war
You won jack shit, your equivalent of "winning the war" is about the same as the union winning the civil war(they didn't)

>What do you think I meant by threat?
Tangible, legitimate, reason for starting a conflict in the best interest of the people and to protect those who cannot protect themselves

If the BEF had been lost Hitler very well could have invaded the UK without an army they would not have lasted long. This allows Hitler to shift his full focus on the Soviets something they very well might not have been able to deal with. America would have stayed out of it or would have had a fucking hard time finding a place to stage a large enough force to do any real damage to the Germans.

thats a ww1 movie

>left your club.
I'm a son of Dixie you faggot fuck
>Mingrols of better Europeans
If you're so much better how come we are the masters of the planet and you are spineless cucks who haven't been relevant ever since we became a nation?
And because you meme like the failed myslim loving cuck that bongs are: web-beta.archive.org/web/20150317011622/http://newobserveronline.com/white-americans-remained-shockingly-european-despite-decades-pro-racial-mixing-propaganda-new-dna-study-reveals/?replytocom=492090

>If the BEF had been lost Hitler very well could have invaded the UK without an army they would not have lasted long.

Wrong, the British army has always been utter shit, look at how they were defeated in 1940
What prevented Hitler from invading wasnt the BEF but Britain's superior Navy and Air force

It was alright. It's definitely overrated and only really stands out due to how many modern Hollywood films are utter trash. The decision to not have gore was retarded as fuck--people get shelled and are still perfectly intact? lol

The big problem though is that you just don't really give a shit about most of the characters. Outside of the dad and son on the boat, you don't really get any characterization of the main people.

It was implied through the entire movie the French were still fighting. What the fuck is wrong with you.

brilliant. had to be watched on huge screen. TH feels when all those boats came to rescue the troops brought a tear to my eye.

>they didn't
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>run by Muslims

were run by the kikes I'll have you know Mr. 63% face

Churchill was a warmongering Kike. Our grandfathers fought fellow Europeans so that Pakis and negroids can rape rob and kill our people.

Nolan ruined it by skipping character development.

I know he wanted a gripping anxiety fest, and felt that exposition would destroy the tension and pacing, but it would have been so much better if the audience could connect with the characters and care about them a bit more.

Also, the PG rating is a joke. There should have been so much more gore. From the beginning scene you start seeing soldiers just drop to the floor without wounds.

I also thought we'd see a lot more death and destruction in the water. Was expecting to see more ships go down. Also wasn't so impressed with the aerial dogfights as I was expecting to be.

The ending was fucking kino though.

But yeah, 70+ years on from the event I cannot really muster so much enthusiasm for WW2 movies. We fought to the death so we wouldn't speak German but we're now minorities in our own capital city. The strength of the monocultural past is destroyed.

Although I was intrigued by this comment from Nolan:

>"Elgar's monumental theme, a theme as beloved to the English as Dunkirk itself, often played at ceremonial occasions and funerals. It's a theme which (I never admitted to Hans) I am incapable of hearing without feeling the surprising weight of my father's coffin on my shoulder."

He speaks like a man with some patriotism, rare in the modern auteur.

So you're telling me that the north is in great shape, has a busting massive economy where everyone is employed, no shitskins, and non-white crime rates and drug running aren't issues?
Sign me up!

You're barely 70% if that(and if you don't include Wales or Scotland you're in the low 50's)