Racial Fatigue

Is anyone here a white nationalist because they are sick and tired of having race be an ever-present force in their public life? You can't have constant racial propaganda if you're all the same race, right?

Frankly, I identify as a white nationalist not out of hatred for other races, but rather the overwhelming feeling that I'll never be free from racial drama in America. Racial discourse is beyond pointless. You have very little chance to build someone up by discussing what their race means to you. To me, it seems like a constant opportunity for the minority party to get off talking about things they know Mr.White can't talk about. .

Anyone in tech can probably attest to the unmitigated fury that can be felt when listening to pajeets rip on Trump and wail about how they're 'afraid' of Nazis. I've worked overseas and I would have NEVER considered slandering the host country in ANY form.

The daily tedium of hiding my power level is one thing, but thinking about this grind stretching to the end of my career and beyond is the kind of demoralization that makes one really feel the (((Conspiracy))).

I just don't want to talk about fucking race with people that do so to taunt me. The mental abuse of boot camp wasn't as bad as the decade I've spent in tech. I dream of a living in a small white town where I can show up to work, get things done, value the people around me for their intrinsic purpose, and go home to my family. Right now, I feel like I'm playing a football game where everyone can change sides every play.

>Pic not terribly related, but bonus points if you can tell me wtf the packaging designer meant by this. I have so many questions. Found in CVS today.

Other urls found in this thread:

idw-online.de/de/news679448
youtu.be/G8-6eAYHOBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's how it began for me. But I decided I was unsatisfied just defining myself in opposition to other things. So I began my journey of white racial consciousness from there.

I'd like to challenge the validity of that DNA test because they are clearly not related.

That's certainly an interesting point, but what would you suggest to increase this feeling? Go to church? Join an actual white power group?

>Is anyone here a white nationalist because they are sick and tired of having race be an ever-present force in their public life?

I am not a white nationalist but I can completely agree with this sentiment.

Oooh thanks for the bump wife.

That's fucking retarded m8

I don't know user. I've effectively been an island since my awakening. I'd really like to have irl friends that feel the same as me, but I don't know how or where.

Not really an argument, but help me out leaf. Show me the error of my choice. Do you think its stupid to want to live in a certain scenario to get away from strife? I mean, isn't that THE legitimate reason? It was reason enough for just about every group of immigrants that came to America prior to globalization and the incentive to come here for $$$. Quakers, protestants, Lutherans, Chaldean christian--tons of people come here because they are tired of living around people that fuckign annoy them/threaten them and make life miserable.

You may feel like oneness with those around you is arbitary, or somehow easily achieved, but I think its pretty fundamental--and to be in a 'good state' kind of requires the interactions between people to be effortless. If you're putting in effort to hide who you are or to avoid offending people, you start to feel like you live in a very small world.

Thank you. That's what I felt when responding to the leaf above. I feel as if I'm on an island but I'm in the middle of a shit ton of people. I think I would feel like the world is bigger in a small town that is all white.

Where are you located?

If you don't like race just ignore it lol it's not hard lmao

I live in the same area I grew up in, which happens to be a large midwest city. I know that this is problem #1--so moving is my main priority.

The odd thing is I went to a very diverse high school and really had no issues. I know this is media driven and I also don't think that it is a coincidence that the real tedium with hiding my power level began once the H1b menace began literally replacing entire departments I worked in/with.

You did make me realize this now: Things weren't awful for me three years ago...it was really the influx of foreigners that felt entitled to talk about Trump and American politics like they are fucking PHDs in Americana.

>haha like dude it's not that hard to ignore all the diversity shilling
>like dude close your eyes and walk away lmao

It's just an ad dude like why are you so mad XD

Do whatever you want, but yes, you are racist.

I do try user. Like I said, its a matter of showing up to work and having this be an every day/all day topic. I spend most of my time with these people and they effectively see me as the out group--or at least that's how I interpret them talking about things they know I can't reply to in the office.

I'd rather not pick between keeping my job and keeping my ability to speak. If we could all agree that it is inappropriate to talk about race and politics at work (and it fucking used to be!) then I think I'd be OK.

As the other user said, now I'm starting to see issues everywhere and it just keeps snowballing.

Well, either way, thanks for your contribution to this thread. I knew there would be those in favor of 'just dealing with it.'

OP is right

>I do try user.
no you don't. You get pissed because of people who are merely around you. Don't delude yourself.

>they effectively see me as the out group--or at least that's how I interpret them talking about things they know I can't reply to in the office.

Holy shit you fucking pussy, get another job if you don't like it. Fucking cucks I swear

Diversity + proximity = conflict

hehe imagine if we had freedom of speech guaranteed in the workplace for all hehe haha without consequence haha hehe hoho all our problems would be solved because you could actually hash things out and act like adults then hee hee ho ho haaa haaaa definitely dont pass new laws expanding the first amendment or anything that would make you a BAD GOY

>I'm not racist guys I just have a large collection of Strormfront memes!

retard

Now I'm curious as to what kind of daily life you lead. Are you around other people? Do you define yourself by the reflection of your actions on others, or by some internal definition?

Not looking to judge you either way, but I'm curious as to how you conceive of your life/value without putting yourself in the minds of those around you. Its entirely possible that I think too much about the 'me' that exists in the minds of others, but I really believe that is what creates human culture/civilization. Its that drive to want to make your family, friends and country proud.

When you exist as a mere cog in a corporate machine, I'm sure this exacerbates the feeling. You're right in that respect and I am already studying a different profession that is more loner.

You seem pretty angry yourself man. If it isn't other people that have you mad, what is?

Holy shit. Imagine being able to just fucking sling 'pajeet' and faggot jokes as much as they sling whitey and Orange Retard jokes! Its like my sanity might come back again.

I also believe that it wouldn't be unpleasant for long because then the rest of the folks at work would remember why we have fucking manners and mind them.

Sometimes people get on my nerves. I don't throw my arms up and cry for an ethnostate over it, you little bitch.

stop imagining goyim and drink your tap water

makes perfect sense

also man you can find real world white nationalist groups, just try to steer clear of the uberlarpy faggots

white nationalism should be about community, we want whites together and living in harmony, so try to get a group of whites who agree with you to do that

easier said than done, I know, but aim for that as a goal, it's not as hard as it sounds.

G'Luck

>implying racist is a bad thing XDDDDDDD ;PPP emoji emoji :33333

fucking faggot kys

I'm not racist per-se, but I would say that I've become increasingly more race aware as I'm getting told that I suck because of my race, my forefathers, my history, etc each and every god damn day.

It is, moron.

I'm Jewish, I'm liberal, and I have fucking "racial fatigue". And I'm not the only one.

I swear, at this point I'm more fed up with SJWs than I am with actual neo-Nazis.

Nobody's telling you you suck because of your race you talentless faggot. Read a book that isn't Mein Krumpf for once.

how is having preconceived notions about a person based on their race a bad thing?

I see a group of black kids on the corner, I know I'll probably get jumped and robbed.

I see a group of white kids on the corner, I'm personally not worried unless they are personifying black culture.

I react the same towards pitbulls, sure not all of them will maul me, but if I see one while I'm on walking with my daughter I'll do my best to avoid it.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that everyone is the same when they aren't. I'm not going to delude myself about the realities of this world simply to give the small amount of blacks that are ok a chance. I'm a racist because I realize that there are differences among us, I acknowledge them, learn from them, and adapt accordingly. Not doing so is fucking retarded.

Can you honestly tell me with a straight face that white people is not being targeted in every aspect imaginable right now?

I typically don't give credence to shit like this, but we're reaching autistically levels of disdain as of late.

Because it's irrational and illogical. Mayube if you weren't a heroine abusing cock addict redneck you could actually afford a place in a better part of the country, hm?

"Neo Nazis" exist because antiwhite shit being pushed by Jews all the time.

BTW I'm a White identitarian and I don't hate Jews. Antisemitism would disappear almost overnight if there weren't a fuckton of Jews pushing antiwhite agendas. It's fucking annoying. Please police your people. They are causing the antisemitism, unfortunately.

I was talking to my wife this morning about the one pic that's floating around with the hispanic chick holding the sign saying "Your grandchildren will be brown."

I was thinking that a few years ago, I wouldn't have thought much of it if someone casually pointed out that my descendents might be mixed race. It is the clear enjoyment; the expectation that this notion will cause angst that pisses me off about these alt-left folks. That's just vile. Taunt someone with having some weird predictive powers about their progeny is subversive on a level that really wasn't familiar in the harmless 90s/early 2000s.

Oh no poor white people how long before 6million of them are shipped off to the FEMA camps and fed estrogen until they're gay!!!

>If you don't like being discriminated against due to your race just ignore it lol it's not hard lmao
Are you having fun pretending to be retarded?

>Is anyone here a white nationalist because they are sick and tired of having race be an ever-present force in their public life? You can't have constant racial propaganda if you're all the same race, right?

This how it starts for a lot of people, I think. You either accept the propaganda and realize that two and two makes five (because it would be racist otherwise) or you come to hate it.

Of course, the idea only really needs a toehold, because the modern left has moved so far from objective reality that the truth is easy to swallow, once you find it.

Any state better at providing this substrate of community than others? I live in the midwest btw. I've been looking at moving to SD.

And there it is. You are the racist, never forget that. Have fun living with that knowledge, lib.

you jest, but (((they))) have plans
idw-online.de/de/news679448

It's easy not to see race when Brampton feels just like Karachi.

>imagine a world where we can all sling banter at one another

sounds comfy

It's called not being a limp wristed faggot you fucking disgrace

Sorry did that hurt your feelings?

Literally what we've been saying. There's far less tension in a homogeneous society. There's more civic engagement, friendship, trust, etc.

Try to find irl white nationalist groups, but again try to avoid the overly larpy psychos who want to joke 24/7 about gassing jews and muh 4th reich. You can find good people everywhere, btw.

reminder that neo nazism is a cancer in white identity that needs to be eliminated

I like the direction of your logic. I think that the 90s for me were a state where I wasn't thinking of race. Its kind of an odd thought to think: If the racial propaganda had never started, would I care about race? Tree falls in the forest kind of thing...

I think sometimes that the truth changes with time. Civic nationalism might have been my mindset in the years before the last three-or-so, but I've gone white nationalism due to the emergence of some truth. Both states 'felt' like the truth, but I wonder if the state were in now is the objective truth or simply a mindfuck of time and groupthink.

So then why aren't you back at redd*t?

Huh?

>pushed by Jews

Don't confuse SJWs and their enablers with Jews.

>Please police your people.

They're not our people anymore. SJW Jews hate the Jewish community, hate Israel, and have rejected their brethren and heritage in exchange for asspats from SJWs who will always consider the Jews beneath them for being too "white".

>I wouldn't have thought much of it if someone casually pointed out that my descendents might be mixed race. It is the clear enjoyment; the expectation that this notion will cause angst that pisses me off about these alt-left folks.

I hear that. As long as my grandkids are Jewish, I don't give a fuck what color they actually are.
But that fucking smugness, that fucking way they're waving it around PRECISELY because it'll hurt people's feelings (while they pat themselves on the back for being so woke and enlightened and so obsessed with not hurting people's feelings that they invented the concept of "microagressions") really rustles my jimmies.

THIS

fuck you

>people got mad at me for assaulting a minority based on his race in public it must be the (((jews)))that did this

You people are insane

Not really, since I know for a fact that I'm better off than you and most likely always will be. Studying lesbian waterpolo-theory can only get you so far, poorfag. You will stay envious and angry for the rest of your life. The chip on your shoulder will never disappear, because we will never disappear. In fact, your whole position in life is based on general twisted thinking and hurt feelings.

You know I'm right.

Now flip me some burgers.

I'm just sick of all the Mezzicans, and now Asians and Muzzies, ruining the city I grew up in.

Read white identity by Jared Taylor
Then culture of critique

Egalitarianism is shit. If their is one positive of all the anti white racism it is the rebirth of white racial consciousness. Nourish it and spread it to your family and close friends.

Captcha:

Oh, okay

wat?

That's another good point. The indians at work make a destructive mess of the bathroom (why does this meme have to be real?) The interesting thing to me is how this office building changed. My Dad worked in the same building (no I didn't get the job from daddy, I happened to end up there years later after working many other gigs) and took me there every year for 'bring your kid to work day.'

I remember how he had a floor to ceiling cubicle with plenty of light and a good view. There were maybe 20-25 people to a floor. I work on a different floor than he did, but the space is the same. We have 200 fucking pajeets crammed into this area. There is trash everywhere. The test devices are always being hidden/stolen. It is entirely different than when my Dad worked there.

The area around the building is starting to suffer too. There are hipster fag food trucks that have replaced the restaurants--partially because I think the buildings have all gone to shit.

I dont understand why people cant just "do you" as the nignogs put it.

I lived in nippon for two years and didn't feel any culture shock and ended up with plenty jp m8s through sport and work.

Clearly I'm hugely a racial minority in japan but had literally zero problems.

I don't understand why people derive such a huge part of their identity from race.

>I know for a fact that I'm better off than you and most likely always will be

I'm doubtful you know anything

How many times are you dumb fucks going to fall for the leaf's bait?

>If the racial propaganda had never started, would I care about race?

Keep in mind that all white countries (Europe, Anglosphere colonies, etc) originally help white nationalism/supremacy as an implicit truth - something that went without needing to be said.

This untimely failed because the advocates of Multiculturalism knew how to say nice things and all the arguments against them had always been common sense, but hard to put into words. Then they gained control of the engines of culture via institutional capture and made "common sense" ethnomasochism and nigger worship.

> Civic nationalism might have been my mindset in the years before

The problem with Civic nationalism in the U.S. is that all civic nationalists are white. It's hard not to eventually notice this.

You act like that means anything you overreactionary cuck

I also worked overseas in the middle east. I felt like I was on an island there too, so personality and your own evolved genetics might play a part in individual experience.

That's cool that you didn't have a big shock and got along. You may be a new wave of people that are more autonomous. Not judging what that means, but I do feel a bit outdated--but all the same, not wrong. If I truly felt like my current state of mind was evil, I'd like to think I would quit. Unfortunately, I really can't get to my super ego and figure all that out.

In the middle east, I was happier to an extent in my work because, like the indians at my office, I was working with all whites. Ironically, my work environment there was very consistent in its demographic.

Exactly, this is why I support mass immigration to Europe and Australia. Just do you and don't worry about race or demographics, it's ok being a minority. Just do you.

>Church, where all the black people are...

I admit I'm an avid piece of shit on pol. When I make my own threads, I maintain discipline as much as possible, but a lot of people (myself included) come here to unload the hurt on themselves and each other. Its a fucked up hurtbox man. Asking why we fall for b8 is like asking why we masterb8.

youtu.be/G8-6eAYHOBE

>I dont understand why people cant just "do you" as the nignogs put it.

For the same reason a state cannot choose to ignore war.

Because you man not be interested in multiculturalism, but multiculturalism is certainly interested in you.

You fucking white devil.

>japan

Part of that is because the Japanese are actually civilized, functional humans. Another part is because Japan is so ethnically homogeneous that you are still clearly a guest, and therefore lack the means to begin forming a parallel society and demanding they accommodate to you.

This allows everyone to be more polite.

>That's cool that you didn't have a big shock and got along. You may be a new wave of people that are more autonomous.

Unlikely; many of the reasons that people prefer their own are hardwired, and the rest are completely rational (on one would choose to associate with pic related in a vaccum).

It probably not going to chance, considering that white racial consciousness is very clearly increasing.

Jesus Christ you need to go back you LARPER faggot.

That was one of the most succinct statements I've seen for this. I realize that I wasn't thinking deeply enough about this.

Fuck. It really is simple. If you look at all animals, the worst shocks they suffer are from events that don't have a response programmed in their DNA. When things get farther and farther from the bounds of personal and genetic experience, people freak out--just like animals.

You definitely made me feel like less of a bitch for being stressed about my current work situation. Thanks!

Fair. Especially here in America.

It was more of a fishing line out there to see where the thread might go in the early stages. I wasn't raised in a religious household, and that kind of is a bit of a bummer now that I'm searching for a starting point. Sometimes I think faith might help one find identity that transcends race, but it seems like its all baked together. Now that the white churches have diluted, the message is all over the place. I certainly feel myself striving towards Christian morality, the whole concept of God is hard to find though. I feel so distant from people that a creator father seems like some impossibility.

I guess you are experiencing depression. You were in denial at first but now get that the old civilization is going away, and you, by simply existing, are it's fading symbol.

It is unbelievable how fast America is changing, it feels like a completelly different country. And the response from the rest of the world is going to be quite curious.

I am personally shocked - you can feel this strange pressure in all american media. I guess this is the first sign of desperation - what everyone fears is that america WILL change, not the opposite, and now it is changing, and the liberals are, i guess, refusing to see reality other than a utopia.

But there has never been a country where a change in ethnicity did not lead to repercussions for the fallen ethnos.

Wasn't much of a civilization, m8

It was the civilization that invented the transistors in your computer that give you the ability to make such stupid statements to inhabitants of that civilization

Newsflash, that civilization isn't going anywhere.

Of course. I think we all feel the same. Enough is enough. We want freedom.

But you just did the same thing retard, making an irrational and illogical statement that you have no way of proving.

The only difference is that he used black teens and you used rednecks. Does that mean you are racist against rednecks, or careful around them?

>That was one of the most succinct statements I've seen for this. I realize that I wasn't thinking deeply enough about this.

Thanks. Keep in mind the thing about implicit white identity really applies to any liberal cause just as well.

Consider:

Tradition is, in effect, the accumulated results of the 6,000+ years of trial-and-error social experimentation running down the history of civilization. You could call it the accumulated 'societal technology' of mankind, as it is the collection of measures taken in based on the knowledge gained via experimentation.

If gender equality worked better than patriarchy, a tribe or society with sexually liberated females and no gender roles would have dominated those that did.

That wasn't what happened, though; the extremely patriarchal Romans destroyed many such 'enlightened' tribes.

If Homosexuality is fine, then it wouldn't be condemned by every serious religion and wisdom tradition on the planet.

If Multiculturalism was the best method of organizing societies, people wouldn't have put so much effort into living with people like them.

Expecting modern progressive society to outperform traditional society is absurd. One has a hundred centuries of development behind it, a couple of jews outcasts came up with the other a few years ago.

like asking Mesopotamian spearmen to defeat a modern Main Battle Tank. The technological gap is insurmountable.

Who is this we nigger if you're white then you're currently in the freest country in the world

I agree. It feels hardwired--like a sense that is so undeniable that it makes me look around at the few white people in my office like, 'c'mon, can we just talk for a minute without fear of Cindy Schmucklefuck telling HR??'

Unfortunately, the few whites at my office are fucking outspoken about how much they agree with the indians about Trump and white people. The cringe is off the charts.

I do keep the faith that whites will wake up. Whites that might not be otherwise upset about their grandkids being 'brown' might to finally begin feeling differently when they see it on signs being held by folks taking clear pleasure in this notion.

I want to live in a moral society. I want to live in a society where the concept of harming another person is equated with the concept of harming one's self. I want to feel like I should always think of my neighbor and look to the people in my community with less.

I volunteered for years when I was younger at shelters and public events with a very black community. They were very verbally abusive. Although I was younger and probably more aggressive overall, I remember being less angry about it--it was much easier to brush off because I felt there were primarchs of these bastards in my school that did treat me with respect.

These days, though, I do agree with your logic. The strain of daily differences has worn all the nice polish and bullshit down to the bone, and the bone is white.

Such as?

Redneck isn't a race, idiot.

>The mental abuse of boot camp wasn't as bad as the decade I've spent in tech.
This speaks volumes. Any kind of initial entry training is a testing period, and it has a definite end. You form bonds of common suffering as you count down the days. You're not happy, but you're part of a community and you see a way out.

This shit? There's no end in sight. It'll only get worse. And everyone around you is your ideological enemy or, at best, a potential informer. It's isolating and hopeless.

I hope you find your small town. You might have to look far and wide for it. My advice, start looking now.

You've proven that you don't. Lurk 8/pol/ and refrain from showing off your ignorance as you've done here; you'll learn a lot.

Do you believe that technology might change this? Not saying that I'm pro Transhuman, but would a conversion of people to something like full cyborgs still experience this?

Do you think it is possible to ride this wave of shit out to the point where all the chaos of liberalism and cancer fully inverts into some inescapable container of oneness--a robotic chassis--that finally forces people to differentiate, but also identify, through their patterns of thought; belief, values, etc.

Thank you very kindly for your contribution to this thread. I value your opinions and the clear arguments you're making.

>8/pol/

except society doesn't exist in a vaccum, oops

>I don't understand why people derive such a huge part of their identity from race.

The problem is they always have and will i guess. We tend to think ourselves as different from our ancestors because we have technology but biologically we are the same. We are evolved mammals that lived in packs, not insects in a hive.

I guess if insects were aware, their version of societal collapse would be when due to technology they stop obeying the queen.

Excellent breakdown of the bootcamp vs. modern reality statement I made earlier. It kind of slipped out and I wasn't thinking about my old times in cadet boot camp. We did form a serious bond and had each others back.

This is a big breakthrough for me, thanks. I was hesitating to try and do a serious thread, but folks like you are making it a really worthwhile effort. I see now that one of the happiest periods of my life was my time with my fellow squadmates.

Sorry if I'm being a faggot and cheesy. I made this thread with the intention of being friendly and bringing myself back from the brink of a truly angry state of mind. I have to gain the discipline to fix my daily rage.

Yeah, it only invented the modern world, all of philosophy and worthy literature, 99% of scientific achievements, and even saved basically worthless savages without literature, modern medicine and what not.

Even the notion of human rights was invented by westerners. Go be a peddling witch doctor then if you want some "authenthic" culture.

You really are stupid.

You accused him of making an irrational judgement based on stereotypes, then claim irrational notions of what he is by stereotyping him. Basically proving it is natural to form stereotypes... you really are stupid if you cant even get it.

Based off of race and genetics, there's a difference you could appreciate if you hadn't blown half your brain out huffing moonshine

>Expecting modern progressive society to outperform traditional society is absurd. One has a hundred centuries of development behind it, a couple of jews outcasts came up with the other a few years ago.

Then how has it gotten such a strong foothold recently? How has this knowledge which should be common sense become such a taboo to even mention? Not disagreeing with what you said, but I'm just curious about the how's and the why's. Incoming 10 replies of "it's the jews".

>Newsflash, that civilization isn't going anywhere.

South Africa and Rhodesia show that you are sorely mistaken.

>Sometimes I think faith might help one find identity that transcends race, but it seems like its all baked together.

This is entirely true, and its an important observation.

To illustrate, there is a paramilitary/insurgent/rebel group in the Central African Republic called the Anti-Balaka who are so named because they go into battle with magic charm they belive will protect them from bullets (anti-bullets).

These are the Christians, battling Muslim groups. Remember that (traditional) Christianity holds that witchcraft is nonexistant, with that only being changed by some Protestant groups after the Reformation. Anti-Balaka is an extreme example, but it fits into the larger theme that African 'Christianity' is so intermixed with African fetishism as to be something else entirely. This is because religions are fundamentally impacted by the culture and nature of their followers.

The Sunni-Shia split provides another example. The two groups believe basically the same things but the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks in the west are committed by Sunnis. Sunnis are largely Arabs or Arab mixtures, whereas the Shia are predominately Persian. Not coincidently, Shia states tend to be much more functional that Sunni ones; Iran is the only country in that part of the world that won't be forced into a massive deficit by the current low oil prices.

>I certainly feel myself striving towards Christian morality

Not surprising, as it's essentially classical Western/European morality.

>Based off of race and genetics

Wait, then you really were racist against rednecks because they are mostly white you know.

>cant be racist against whites

Then you are forming prejudices, which could be considered a form of racism you know.

What's next, asians are bad drivers you monster of stupidity?
Really stupid, yep.

>moonshine

The world is not just canada retard. Used correct stereotypes at least.

I think of that scene in Master and Commander where the Captain is talking to Hollum, the incompetent officer who let a crew member bang into him with no response/reproach.

Hollum is a reality denier, so he immediately swings hard and says 'I'll be much harder on them next time.' The captain reminds Hollum he must gain respect and not be a tyrant. Hollum can't comprehend this and his story ends unfortunately.

The freedom one gets from being a leader or follower in a society that has one goal no longer feels the humility of serving, as all are servants. I don't mind working for the greater good. I fucking hate working for liars and cheats who would fuck their own countrymen to save bucks in IT. Liberals have nothing on the fucking heartbreak I've seen when it comes to lost opportunities and people sliding into oblivion as the tech market squeezes Americans out.

being a redneck has nothing to do with being genetically white. Pretend I called you a nigger instead if it makes you feel better.

Thread is dead.

Read some elementary logic and philosophy.

It is embarassing.

Bye now.

Not your original convo partner here, but wanted to add something more than 'the jews.'

I think the foothold is due to the Internet. If the dark ages saw Europeans living and dying in a square mile of dirt (which was the common experience) then the years before the internet might as well have been the same.

I think the Internet was a double edged 4D sword. It cuts you with both sides at once: On one side, you have the fact that geographic isolation no longer prevents you from seeing really graphic shit that straight up vaporizes your almonds. On the other edge, you have the fact that it makes international business easy to execute and so the integration of said weirdos into your local area increases.