What does Sup Forums think of Automation?

With all the bullshit going down right now, what do you guys think about terminator in real life?

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1hS_N2QQjc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This video wasnt really about terminator robots or a technological singularity.

It was just some commie propaganda for a UBI for all people who don't feel like working.

Yeah, thinking machines will extend the work a human can do. Increase their span of control. Allow us to do very interesting things.

Instead of Pepe mowing a lawn, Pepe now oversees 100 machines mowing lawns. The other Pepes can focus on more meaningful things. Or do jobs that dont have to have immediate payoff

That would sound like being the 1 guy who needs to work a steady and important job would be more of a punishment than an honor.

What incentive would there be to be the one faggot stuck in the factory overseeing the computers that oversee the robots, when everybody else is out pretending to be artists and philosophers?

Find the one sperg who really enjoys the job. Give him extra rations.

I know just the guy for the job
>autistically calculates the perfect way to perform any action
>reward him with hamburger helper

What if we had a robotic pepe overseeing 100 lawn-mowing machines, though? A pepe AI?

>Commie Prprganda

Bruh i don't think its propaganda, i mean robots replacing people is already a fact of life. This shit needs to be stopped if people don't want to live off big daddy government for the rest of their existence.

>Bruh i don't think its propaganda, i mean robots replacing people is already a fact of life.

Yes, true, but the conclusions of the video are wrong. Their proposed solution was a UBI. This is the opposite of what to do.

>This shit needs to be stopped if people don't want to live off big daddy government for the rest of their existence.

Now I like you.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1hS_N2QQjc

It must be a slow transition, in 50 years we're looking at losing absolutely huge amounts of workers jobs. How do you plan on feeding all of them? You don't your very willing to get the middle and lower class eat themselves while the rich survive or robot money.

As much as I hate to say it being economically Communist is the end goal no doubt. As such with automation more people are going to have to be supported and population control measures put in place.

We're looking at
>A) the rich controlling everything with a eternal slave class
>B) Once full automation hits the rich pull a virus out of their arse and kill of 99% of people
>C) The poor rise up due to to no UBI or way less goods and standard of living killing off the rich and hopefully establishing a right wing version of communism which actually works since automation

I do not have high hopes for my grandchildren or their children

You would think real communists would want to orient around employee owned co-ops, rather than a "don't murder us" dole given out by megacorps. I wonder who could be pushing UBI, it must be a grass roots endeavor. Yeah, that's it.

We must seize the means of... err no, just pay us off with a dole so we become powerless forever.

>Yes, true, but the conclusions of the video are wrong. Their proposed solution was a UBI. This is the opposite of what to do.

Oh i must have missed that part, sorry.

only one terminator i know

As long as it's not automated by Jews.

Or you know, get rid of the people pushing automation and form a state with it banned.

Don't worry I'm sure it will be.

I'm rewatching the video right now, cant remember if it said it directly, or was said by the organization that produced the video in an article.

Either way, one argument was

>it's ridiculous to say that more technology will make more better jobs for horses
>it's equally ridiculous to say that more technology will create more better jobs for humans.

Well that is absolutely true. But they fail to address the reason for this. The reason was that after the invention of the automobile and public transportations, horses were NOT NEEDED.

So, as we apply this principle to humanity, we will see that the decrease in available jobs for humans means that more humans are NOT NEEDED.

Which inevitably raises the question: what do you do with a bunch of people that you don't need for anything?

Their solution was UBI, basically, just have robots do all the work, and give humans some allowance to live on.

Because that totally won't turn us into the people from Wall-E or anything.

As someone who works in precision automated machining, not at all.

The closest thing we will have to a robot revolt is when they start throwing parts out of their process pens because a thin film of coolant threw off its laser sensor or another robot trying to fix a fault accidentally nudges an air line and causes the entire program to crash.

someone shoop a terminator hand on a white bitch.

"you mad whyteboi"

All this automation is why we have so much free time now. And look what we do with it. Nitpick the shit out of each other.

he was MKULTRA'd tho. That manifesto was written by spooks

>Or you know, get rid of the people pushing automation and form a state with it banned.
And then get fucked over from the le epic free market at all costs fuck morality.
Automation is a good thing, at what cost to the poor or all the low skill jobs we have for everyone. We have unemployment issues now imagine adding another 30% percent of literally all jobs onto that. Now yeah more jobs will be created but certainly not enough to cover 30% of all of that.

Wealth redistribution is going to have to be a thing and we're going to have to move away from the capitalistic individual money making system we have now in the future where automation really kicks in. Lest some neo Illuminati rule everything and unleash a virus to finish off everyone not immune

Nothing to write home about. Every 30 to 50 years people freak out about it then jobs just go somewhere else in the economy and everyone chills out

Remember that cutting welfare earlier is always easier than cutting welfare later. It'll supercharge people's planning to know that mommy state won't be there to catch them. Waiting will only make the necessary policy more challenging.

You first don't allow excess population into information economy States since higher levels of wealth are directly associated with lower birth rates. This would not be an issue at all if it were not for the high fertility immigrant populations that have arrived in the West just in time to have their avenues for social and economic mobility supplanted.

Also, if you have offspring get them to trade schools for industrial maintenance, they will form the next middle class.

>hurr everything will be automated
Who's gonna write code? There's your job
>hurr computers will learn to make code themselves
Who's gonna tell it what to make? There's your second job.

You'll always need humans somewhere.

There are also jobs which will never be automated like waitresses.

In 50 years you'll probably have technological singularity and we'll all be extinct

Like there could be a code making based economy.

it was decent but i still prefer Synkronized

Fuck it. We need some predator to slim down the population.

You can't have everyone be programmers

>There are also jobs which will never be automated like waitresses
Lol those are probably some of the first to go. McDonalds already has automated service kind of