Brit/pol/ - Offa of Mercia edition

>Post-Brexit trade deal 'desirable but not essential' - report
unvis.it/news.sky.com/story/post-brexit-trade-deal-desirable-but-not-essential-report-10993530

>Stephen Hawking spars with Jeremy Hunt over NHS
unvis.it/news.sky.com/story/stephen-hawking-spars-with-jeremy-hunt-over-nhs-10995008

>UKIP politicians condemn leadership candidate's '£9,000 to leave UK' idea
unvis.it/theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/18/ukip-peter-whittle-john-rees-evans-9000-to-leave-uk

>British child missing after Barcelona terror attack
unvis.it/news.sky.com/story/pm-urgent-work-to-find-missing-british-child-in-barcelona-10993937

>Government funds controversial facial recognition technology
unvis.it/news.sky.com/story/government-funds-controversial-facial-recognition-technology-10992218

>McDonald's could face first UK strikes
unvis.it/bbc.co.uk/news/business-40982955

>Nicola Sturgeon reveals she is uncomfortable at being branded 'a nationalist'
unvis.it/dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4804310/I-don-t-like-party-s-name.html

>'Brexit effect' sees biggest boom in US tourists visiting the UK since the 1980s
unvis.it/telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/18/brexit-effect-sees-biggest-boom-us-tourists-visiting-uk-since

>Plaid leader brands Barcelona attack 'far right' terrorism
unvis.it/dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4802776/Plaid-leader-brands-Barcelona-attack-far-right-terrorism.html

>Nicola Sturgeon to address Pride Glasgow 2017
unvis.it/bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40975935

Previous edition

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/4by48e2cjy3ax4z/AADW5fTa8MP7lsuQJX1gUBHZa?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=C3Bo8Q06no0
youtube.com/watch?v=fTxRr-UtVU8
youtube.com/watch?v=-tW0QqiT2LU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dropbox.com/sh/4by48e2cjy3ax4z/AADW5fTa8MP7lsuQJX1gUBHZa?dl=0

RIP bunny

Start buying guns.

I BELIEVE ITS MOI TURN TO COME IN NAO!

Start applying for co-terminous firearm certificates.

>Nicola Sturgeon reveals she is uncomfortable at being branded 'a nationalist'

Wow, that dyke really has blown it hasn't she? Get fatty Salmond back desu.

No Scottish """"Nationalists"""" feel exactly the same.

The hero we needed

fuck africa

What is it?

>tfw the tripfags are all either banned, asleep or dead

and consequently so is this thread

its supposed to be comfy hours

let the /comfy/ posts begin

please fix it so that he's right

pffftHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA

Imperial Leather lads desu senpai lol bit my hand m8

>Nazi Germany = love

Ebin

got called racist in a tunnock greggs desu

Does anyone here have any hope for this country?

It all seems hopeless to me.

Sometimes I think I spend too much time browsing Sup Forums and it gives me bias to see what is posted here in the real world. Recently however, I had to go back to my old Primary school for a charity event. When I was in year 6 there was about 30 kids in the class, there was one Indian girl, one Jamaican kid, one Dominican kid, one Vietnamese girl and one Philippine girl. Everyone got on fine, there was no multi-culti agenda everyone was just themselves.

Now in the graduating class of this year there is 30 students and 5 of them are white. It seemed real weird to me. I wonder what it is like for those white kids as minority in their own country.

No

Comfy hours.

Is that Ullswater?

If you were doxed by lefties, how would you handle it?

Where is this one?

>tfw listening to Bowden talk about Elgar

youtube.com/watch?v=C3Bo8Q06no0

Who /comfy/ here?

dont care lol

Somewhere in Scotland.

The Lake District.

Thanks for the imagery, comfyhoursanon.

Lads, why can I see no future for our country? What has happened these past few months to sap away all hope?

There still seems to be tension at the Boston free speech rally, but it hasn't descended into any kind of a fracas as yet:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTxRr-UtVU8

>Sometimes I think I spend too much time browsing Sup Forums
I think that too, then I go embrace reality to find it to be exactly the hell I envisaged and come back here where at least other people recognise it.

A week away from May/Mac. You going to stream it or buy the ppv?

If it meant having your career ruined and your friends turn their back on you, somehow I doubt that you wouldn't care.

good thing neither would happen to me

>American politics seeping into Brit/pol/
this is part of the problem lads.

I think the referendum euphoria has worn off and we are back to where we were beforehand, just with a massive hangover after feeling hope, which makes things somehow seem bleaker than the way things previously were.

Apparently there's been another acid attack in London. My Uber driver drove by it a while ago and just told me.

NOBODY
C A R E S

>career
>friends

Stream. Not paying £20 for less than 15 minutes entertainment.

In your opinion, who are the 5 greatest Britons to have ever lived?

The official list (which was awful) was
>1. Winston Churchill
>2. Isambard Kingdom Brunel (literally who)
>3. Diana, Princess of Wales
>4. Charles Darwin
>5. William Shakespeare (first good one)

My list goes a little like
>1. Alfred the Great
>2. Athelstan
>3. William Shakespeare
>4. Edward I
>5. John Locke

Same here. There should be fireworks on the undercard as well though.

Rude.

>them theoden feels

1. King Arthur

Thread's a bit slow and people may have wanted a reasonably entertaining stream. It's pretty much finished now anyway.

>2. Isambard Kingdom Brunel (literally who)

Don't be dissing my man

I can imagine them spending millions on finding and fucking up the streams though. Who's on the undercard?

A good man in his own profession I'm sure, but number 2 on a list of 100 best Britons?

Fair shout

>tfw Leftists in my city try to claim a black woman actually conceptualised the suspension bridge and Brunel just used his cis white male privilege to steal it

Where the fuck is Mr. Bean?

If they do you just don't watch it and be happy you aren't missing much. God knows why anyone cares.

1. Saint Jo Cox (pbuh)
2. Diane Abbot
3. Jimmy Saville
4. the paki from the great british bake off
5. jeremy corbyn

He'd definitely be in my top 10.

Funny m8. Do a real list though.

must include churchill (the good one)

Northumbria will rise again, dafties in the south have decided Northumbrian policy for too long

1. Jeremy Corbyn
2. Jess Phillips
3. Ken Clarke
4. Diane Abbott
5. Anna Soubry

Reading about Edwin of Northumbria now.
The concept of that joke was done already lad. Now do a real list if you know any significant Brits.

Gervonta Davis against Francisco Fonseca will be a war with someone likely getting a KO. Nathan Cleverely from Wales is fighting Badou Jack which should be good. There should be a lot of other fights with lesser names on for free before the main ppv card starts. Some of those usually end with stoppages.

Look for an Acestream link. They're usually higher quality and more stable and resilient against takedown or attack. I'd sort you out but I can't post it publicly.

No particular order
Benjamin Disraeli
Cecil Rhodes
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson

Why are brit threads on Sup Forums so quiet on Saturday night these days? Have people unironically started going outside unironically?

1. YKTD
2. Rightly so
3. Eddie
4. Not bomber rimmer
5. Preße

Cleverley will lose

>I'd sort you out but I can't post it publicly.
no worries lad, ive got some links

Benjamin Disraeli and Isabard literally who I wouldn't have picked. But good list asides from that. Although I'd argue certain monarchs in history are 'greater' simply by right.

Most regular posters end up resorting to hard drink to cope with the despair with an ever increasing frequency.

I'm mostly just angry

>implying that isnt

seriously though

1. Charles Darwin

2. Queen Elizebeth I

3. Henry The Eigth

4. Isaac Newton

5. Nigel Farage

Also lmao look at this horseshite

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

wtf

>3. Diana, Princess of Wales

>tfw you type some stuff on the internet and press the enter key

we all know that feel right guys

>farage
embarassing

>enter
>not clicking post

What have you got against Brunel lad? Also its either Disraeli or Gladstone and I like Disraeli

Good list lad. Though Nige doesn't deserve to be on there. But that's the list I meant, it's a load of shite. I haven't seen the full 100 but Alfred the Great being below 10 is a crime. And Athelsten, first king of England.

I said that on my list.

Made the biggest political change in recent history happen for Britain - cant see anyone else who would fit the bill

>>not clicking post

>not having a mouse that goes clack instead of click

Decent

This brave young chap has my vote

He did "make" it happen. There were a fuckton of campaigners and people from all political spectrum's who voted for Brexit. Such an American meme.

Farage has been the most influential politician in British history to have never held a seat in Parliament

Didn't*

Actually, I've changed my mind.
I'd rather you did neither, and didn't post at all.

Why the fuck is there a statue of Engels in Manchester?

>clack

Reminder Britons are a Celto-Germanic ethnicity.

>"Although there is only a slight genetic cline from north to south at a coarse level2,3, recent analyses have revealed considerable fine-scale genetic structure in the Northern and Western parts of Great Britain, alongside striking homogeneity in Southern and Eastern England4 in the regions where archaeologists identify early Anglo-Saxon artifacts, cemeteries and communities. A variety of estimates of the fraction of Anglo-Saxon genetic ancestry in England have been given5,6,7,8, with the recent fine structure analysis suggesting most likely 10–40% (ref. 4)"

He led the fight for years and became the charismatic figurehead and ignited peoples passion for Brexit here and across the globe. He truly was a political phenomenon that will last the ages

hello where are the pretty feminine british boys :3

Because him and marx lived there iirc

Henry 8th was fucking brilliant.

The official list is fine apart from Diana. Yours is almost as bad for including John Locke instead of David Hume.