Why is being a radical centrist looked down upon...

Why is being a radical centrist looked down upon? You get to nitpick exactly the good from either side and mash it together, custom-tailored, to create a more pragmatic scheme.

For example, I'm O.K with having fags and trannies in our society (I see it as a symptom of "freedom") but I am NOT O.K with it being displayed as normal to young children (and it's statistically not normal -- 0.2% or something absurd like that), as they are very easily impressionable and malleable creatures.

I also comprehend the differences between races, but I don't garner hate for anyone and I don't think less of anyone unless they, individually, sway me that way. To me, I see black people like I see sharks. I don't go in the ocean and see a shark and "hate" it -- I simply respect that it's hardwired to possibly rip my limb off, so I am wary around it.

Why does it have to be so black or white (hehe)? You guys are getting jewed hard; this division is deliberately implemented and you guys swallowed the fishing pole along with it.

heh, you think I'd risk forming an opinion on something?

both sides are equally stupid

see how smart I am?

>like all sides suck maaaan look how intelligent I am by criticizing every side

Centrist political """"thought"""". Like it or not American politics is bifurcated.

Radical left and right wingers do not seriously consider what is best for their nations. They pick a side that already tells them what they're supposed to believe, then look for evidence to rationalize their preconceived notions that were spoonfed to them by an ideologue.

Centrists do the opposite. They look at ideas first, "sides" second. They think "maybe this idea won't work under these conditions or this country, but it CAN work under these conditions" or "What do we have to sacrifice to implement this, and is it really worth it?" They search for actual, realistic, practical solutions that work while Communists, Fascists, Libertarians, and Anarcho Capitalists are all stuck in their little dream utopias that will never happen or require millions and millions of people to die to even be remotely feasible. The centrist is superior to all because they refuse to participate in identity politics while leftists are obsessed with being nonwhite and right wingers are obsessed with being white, while ironically complaining about identity politics when they themselves participate in it as much as left wingers do.

That is what being a centrist truly is. It's to take the best ideas for the best conditions and the best times, from everyone regardless of who is saying it. It's to judge ideas and beliefs by their actual merits and context as opposed to whether or not your favorite waifu or eceleb said it. This, naturally, makes the ideologue insecure so the only insults they can throw out is "pick a side", as if playing with people's livelihoods and futures is nothing more than a glorified sports game that inherently demands an irrational requirement to choose your favorite team. While the violent protestors get arrested, lose their jobs, and get disowned from their families for lashing out like uncivilized animals, the centrist is actually thinking about which solutions are feasible and pragmatic.

Amusingly enough, you are not forming your own opinion. You are raising your head out of the feeding trough, shooting off a quick smarmy rebut, before plowing your snout right back. Your response and your ideology are poetically ironic.

Insightful post, as expected. Thanks.

>Sup Forums used to be like this
>tfw Sup Forums will never go back to this thanks to the influx of right wing redditors and Sup Forumstards that pretend they aren't reddit.

The problem with centrists is no two are alike, you need a team to succeed.

>Why is being a radical centrist looked down upon?

because it makes you look like a buttfucking chickenshit faggot-ass waif nigger

bleh bleh muh different viewpoints bleh bleh i'm a huge weepy pussy

that's what you sound like, fucking homo

you have to pick a side to get respect

Seems like a strawman for people who don't want to further discuss their stance, but want to leave the discussion on the self-appointed pseudo intellectual high ground.

Pic related. Godzilla is a centrist, and he's King of Monsters. How can you even argue these facts?

>Seems like a strawman
>Pic related. Godzilla is a centrist

you sound a weak bitchface nerd

stay chickenshit bro

Meant to say scapegoat, but I've been on Sup Forums lately, so my mistake.

And yes, Godzilla is a centrist. He's also King of Monsters. But explain how I'm chickenshit for trying to further understand your stance in politics? It seems to me the people who resort of memeing centrist insults to dodge the conversation seem like the chickenshits, but I guess that is a matter of perspective.

>explain how I'm chickenshit

lol have you always been this overanalytical

>ad hominem
not an argument

Why so hostile, user? It just seems the person who who backs out of the conversation, regardless of how high they hold their head, seems like the one running away. But if you would like to explain why that isn't the case, I'm open to discussion.

You're missing the point. Aside from idiots who have to have an idiology to cling to, political or otherwise, that tells them what to think and do, most people form an opinion through their own experience and then are aligned on the political spectrum after the fact. Because you believe that
>I am NOT O.K with [fags and trannies] being displayed as normal to young children
and
>I see black people like I see sharks
that makes your ideas rightwing-aligned, not centrist, regardless if you disagree with the core movement on other issues.

Great, you used two examples to show that someone's individual ideals are right wing in those cases. But what if that same person was all for higher taxes on the rich and universal healthcare as well?

nice cheerleading, bro

really cool

>Why so hostile, user?

if you wanna talk about feelings, you're in the wrong place, bro

don't get queefy on me

Then they'd be leftwing in those cases. If you want to see where someone resides as a whole, you need to take their cumulative viewpoints, including how important they think each of the topics they reason about are, and apply them at once

This means that if OP thought the ideas he expressed were the major concerns in his/her life, then he can saefly call himself rightwing. If he thinks race debating is cute, but universal healthcare was way more important, he'd correctly identify himself as left.

*safely

Not queefy at all, but wondering why you are so defensive about this topic. But my statement still stands. The person backing away from the conversation shows they have nothing left to offer, so I fail to see how Centrists are the one's spooked.

>gets called a bitch for acting queefy and weak
>thinks he's having a conversation

lol bro

you're really perceptive

>Critical thought
You know that's not allowed here.
Fuck niggers 1488 MAGA famalam

Are you me?

Fuck off shill

But these political groups have additional baggage tied to them outside of the views they agree with. Why should they conform to your simplified metric of self-identity? The only goal to it I can possibly see is to deliberately mislead polls/statistics by lumping individuals into a political collective on specific topics to inflate how important said topics are to the general populace.

I can be slightly more left wing with very right wing gun ideals, but by calling myself left wing due to the collective metric, it allows politicians to use my existence to misrepresent what I want for my country. I mean, I'm left leaning, so clearly that means I want to ban firearms. This is why I refuse to play by those rules and choose not to self identify in that way.

The insults aren't lost, user, but you seem to be avoiding the discussion. You know, like what I originally claimed about people with very anti-centrist opinions.

>you seem to be avoiding the discussion

oh yeah bro thats right

go ahead and post more godzilla fanfic

i'll be sure to take notes

>conform
Nobody said anything about conforming. Identifying is the term you're looking for. And you can definitely self identify as something else than what your ideas are normally associated with, but you'll be called out on them as soon as you start associating with people who have different ideas.

>but by calling myself left wing due to the collective metric, it allows politicians to use my existence to misrepresent what I want for my country
That's just the thing, there is a collective metric, and though it constantly shifts its definition (let's not forget KKK was originally democrat) it is there, and it's in the public mind. You can act like a snowflake all you want, but in the end everyone is a snowflake, so that would be redundant.

An sjw who hates antifa? I mean only a sjw would draw the muscular one female.

>Reddit spacing

Fanfic? Godzilla stands between the city and the monsters. He is the filter that keeps them at bay, sometimes helping the city to fight off the others, while muddying his own hands and putting his foot down on the city itself when he feels it s needed. He is a centrist. He is King of the Monsters.

But that isn't the topic at hand here. Why are you afraid of centrists?

i'm actually from myspace, bro

step your formatting game up

As I feel almost everyone here knows, the two party system is a meme designed to keep us from changing anything. Having said that, there is nothing radical about centrism. What you described as "picking the best beliefs" are what every single rational person does. Eventually though you will lean either right or left depending on what you believe, even if it's only a little. This is because while some issues are multifaceted and can have different solutions, there are also a number of binary decisions to be made. The only way to be "radically center" would be to arbitrarily moderate your beliefs so that you don't lean one way or the other.
To put it simply: the only people who would identify as "radically centrist" are either idiots unable to decide or cowards unwilling to identify with anything because it might put them at risk.

> And you can definitely self identify as something else than what your ideas are normally associated with, but you'll be called out on them as soon as you start associating with people who have different ideas.

Which is a problem in and of itself. I seriously think people identify as centrist to try and form actual discussion, because if I presented myself as a Conservative on gun laws, you will automatically start strawmanning my stance. For all you know, I could be 100% on board with regulating people for firearms, but not firearms themselves. But you would never know, because the second I would self-identify as a conservative, the implication will be that I was all guns, all the time. And you really can't say in good faith that isn't this doesn't happen in politics.

>That's just the thing, there is a collective metric, and though it constantly shifts its definition (let's not forget KKK was originally democrat) it is there, and it's in the public mind.
Again, this sort of proves my point. By saying I hold Republican opinions, I open myself up to be compared to republicans that are KKK members, which is then further used as a counterpoint to my beliefs. If someone says, "I'm slightly right leaning" or "Slightly Left leaning", is that any different than just flat out stating your a centrist?

because it's as retarded as being leftist or rightist, the axis isn't supposed to work that way, especially on an international board.
Left and right refer to the institutions of your country, if you want them to keep working as they do you're rightist (conservative) if you want them to take a different direction you're leftist (progressive). If you think the institutions are unsalvageable you're either far left (revolutionary) if you want a whole new paradigm or far right (reactionnary) if you want to come back to the old one.
It has nothing to do with ideas which in fact keep moving from left to right. The only thing people understand when you say you're rightist leftist or centrist is that you don't know shit about what you're saying and you can't express ideas, it's meaningless on an international politics board