Elon Musk and Google push the ban of killer Robots with the help UN to prevent a 3rd age of war

Elon Musk and Google push the ban of killer Robots with the help UN to prevent a 3rd age of war.

>theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/20/elon-musk-killer-robots-experts-outright-ban-lethal-autonomous-weapons-war

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MnT1xgZgkpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those cucks can't stand up to the real alphas at Raytheon and Lockheed Martin

So, this will be one of few jobs for humans not replaced by robots? Realy makes you think...

Why wouldn't you want remotely controlled robot to go to war? Because the savege on the other side won't ever have them?

DAMNIT ELON
I NEED MY JOB!!!!!!!!!

SHALL

this is so dumb the elite will just make them in secret then they'll be the only ones possessing them. Elon is a real dumb guy

>never seen Terminator

You can't suppress skynet, it will take over eventualy.

This.
There is way too much money in it to stop what's coming.

You ban them,i conquer you with them

Looks like they finally do something good for once, then? The last thing we need are emotionless, mass produced law enforcers who'd shoot dissenters without hesitation.

not killer robots

self improving machine intelligence without first solving the control problem

METAL GEAR?!

>Elon Musk and Google push the ban of killer Robots with the help UN to prevent a 3rd age of war.
I actually agree with this, because it would allow the rich to have a 100% loyal army, even worse than they payed goons they have now. Right now the powerful are kept in check by the threat of all the people rising up and killing them. After these robots? Not anymore.

Because organic leos having a great time shooting dissenters without hesitation is better

youtube.com/watch?v=MnT1xgZgkpk

read super intelligence by Nick Bostrom

musk, google and un are shit

hey kikes, just find someone who larps as muzzi and throws bacon on the kaaba, blame the west, so we can get rid together of muzzis and sjw shit. and after that you should have enough lebensraum down there. deal?

>obama hit a MSF hospital with a drone strike

too late, elon.

This will actually hurt us and empower them. Think about it.

Drones already exist and are being used. Chinese government is about to introduce riot control daleks (see pic, non-lethal yet, they only got pepper spray and tasers, but still). Yeah the more elaborate models are still controlled by humans, but technically speaking, some fucking missile with an autonomous guidance system already counts as a killer robot for me, and those already exist as well, for a long time.

Those warnings are not completely silly if you think about it, what's stopping anybody from adding a machine gun to a self-driving car or one of those little fuckers they develop at Boston Dynamics? Nothing. What's stopping some supah hackers on steroids from changing their code and letting them go on a rampage? Not much either.

However, any kind of ban won't work. Bots used by the military when they really want them won't have Asimov's Laws , simple as that. Old ass topic, discussed by SF authors for decades and now we have almost reached that tech level.

> banning weapons tech
Silly.

After WWI poison gas got banned or rather internationally shunned. Yet Germany's weapon manufacturers built a fucking poison gas factory to make some bucks (was it in Iran? dunno) And our politicians (at least some) knew about that and nodded it off then when it became public knowledge they acted all oh so surprised and shocked and canceled that program.

TL;DR: news reports of such kind are just as stupid as constantly making threads about it.

He's not dumb, he's doing this to promote his oh so safe and completely unhackable cars. Google is doing this to make it look like their AI algorithms are smarter than they actually are. It's just brainwashing for moneys.

Just don't let them be fully automated, more like remote fps character.

>Elon Musk and Google push the ban of killer Robots
SO THEY CAN BE THE ONLY ONES TO HAVE THEM.

If you think FOR A SECOND that Google's AI isn't being created to be put in Genocide-o-trons you flatly haven't been paying attention.

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED does Elon Musk not understand?

He-he, that would be a shame if (((someone))) had to buy combat units that are worth billions of dollars a piece instead of just conscripting goyim who are willing and proud to die for the Best Ally.

And if someone were to start using robots, everyone would have to follow to not be at a disadvantage, so better just ban them outright

How about you actually read and understand the OP.
Spaceman and Alphabet are pushing for the ban of AUTONOMOUS lethal drones, not suped-up RCs.

And guess what? The chemical weapons ban was incredibly effective and they have hardly been used at all since WW1, and when they have been used, have wrought extreme consequences. The same consequences should be levied for the use of autonomous lethal weapons.

artificial intelligence is dangerous goy!!!

now give my free government shekels so i can stop it!!!

LOL! these robots have existed for a long time now and Elon /Google are shitting their pants because Russia is open about their Killer Drones while USA isn't. Besides, who the fuck is Elon or Google that I supposed to bend over and spread my asshole for them!? When Shit hits the fan, Elon and Sergei are the first cunts I am going after to hang on their property.

I'm fully aware that the topic is AUTONOMOUS, and I addressed that too in my longish rant, if you read all of it. And do you think 1st world military couldn't have such autonomous fuckers already if they really wanted? Not talking about some terminators roaming the streets, but there were plans to make drones fully autonomous which got officially discarded because oh noes we need some soldier pressing the button thousands of miles away (but you can bet they already exist in some lab).

And I don't agree with you on your point about chemical weapons. Yeah sure, there is some sort of gentleman's agreement not to use them anymore, just like nukes. But in an all-out WWIII anybody would use everything to "win", and you know it.

Nobody will ever stick to this ban.

Robots are the only way to preserve the outnumbered white race.

>Nobody will ever stick to this ban.
Chucks will.

>But in an all-out WWIII anybody would use everything to "win", and you know it.
No winner as long nuclear powers fighting each other.

So you need big numbers as enemy, but no nuclear weapon capability. I stick to the plan WW3 against muzzis, vaporize pakis and march with robots through the sand. top-tier: start it with a stripe of bacon!