Is this true or just more liberal bullshit

Is this true or just more liberal bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sQ6_fOX7ITQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_computer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._R._Licklider#Global_computer_network
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

100% A grade stier poop.

It's true but misleading in that they conveniently don't mention the fact that they were members of teams that were almost all men. It's like the token nigger being on the winning team and going, "I won!"

Notice how they don't directly contribute any breakthroughs to them, it's just "her work let to this being done". They were probably the only woman on a team of 20-30 people and probably wouldn't have been missed if they weren't there.

People don't know who Dennis Richie is either. Who cares.

>part of a team
As in coffee makers, secretary and other minor duties?

name me the men who helped create modern tech.

>helped

Why does no one know the taxi driver who drove Bill Gates to work? If it weren't for him, we'd never have Microsoft!

I also don't know the names of virtually anyone else involved in those things because I'm not a computer engineer or some weird subset of hyperspecialized historian.

How many people know the names of William Shockley, Alonzo Church, Vannevar Bush, John von Neumann, or other ACTUAL pioneers in computer science?

>pro-women WE WUZ memes are of the same quality as pro-nigger WE WUZ memes

Really makes one think

did three women did that much for NASA?

At least 3 of these woman were highly accomplished computer scientists however to state that Barbara Liskov's work lead to email and internet search would 99% bullshit.

I studied Computer Science and learned of several woman who contributed to the field, one of my professors was a woman who studied Logic at Oxford in the 70s, whom I had nothing but respect for. This #FakeAchievements propaganda does nothing but cheapen intelligent women's real achievements.

>Literally 12 people compared to literally thousands of great men

Grace Hopper wrote the programming language they used to get to the moon, the three black computers are being rewritten to get the credit

Coffee doesn't bring itself. Can't work if you're sleepy.

Most normies don't know anything at all.

Von Neumann is pretty popular though.

no

all of those woman were born before 1940.... what have woman done in programing lately... also all that pic proves is that yesterdays woman where twice the woman as today.

"Made online travel bookings possible"

I mean give me a break.

I can't speak for how much all those women contributed, but Ada Lovelace pioneered a bunch of computer programming ideas that we still use today. Woman can definitely be good computer engineers/scientist. They just don't seem to be pulled into the field as much as men. How much of that is nature and how much is nurture? I don't know.

Lovelace and Clarke (first two) are the only legitimate big names that should be honored etc

>Von Neumann is pretty popular though
that's an understatement

>my extensive list of male tech innovators

Hopper/Lovelace are the only ones taught in school. The others could totally be made up.

>3 nigs
>who is Wernher von Braun

Rear Admiral Grace Hopper is a legend. Margaret Hamilton was crucial to NASA's success.

Jackson, Vahugan, and Johnson who were number crunchers. I'm not familiar enough with the rest of them. There is controversy about Lovelace's contribution.

Liskov, Clarke and Hopper (MAYBE Lovelace) were moderately important and should be somewhat remembered.

That being said, nobody fucking knows who someone like John Backus or John Bardeen were, even though they contributed more to CS than every woman in the picture combined. Just propaganda desu

true.

women are capable of engineering and implementing/advancing computer science, but if I was a woman in my university eng program I would quit after having to be surrounded by the omega retards who take CS

somewhere, some femanons are doing sweet shit but they probably are never going to out themselves or they will get harassed by douchebag males

I'm completely fine with their recognition. But that isnt what the left wants left wants in this case.

They will want them to be recognised at the exclusion of male programmers. They will call it 'equity', not 'equality', and belive it completely justified.

i want to fudge margaret hamilton

I hate women and think they're a net drain on society at large, but Admiral Hopper is one of the few exceptions to my worldview.

This. They are fucking worthless liberal scum that swing from nigger dicks like Tarzan now. lol

This post implies that everybody knows all the men who invented modern tech.

Ada Lovelace did absolutely fuck-all.

Pfft I can't remember these (((women)))
But I can name all the males who contributed to these discoveries off the top of my...

Wait, I can't. It's almost like the average person just doesn't care to remember long lists of names for research teams and these women are dug up and waved around purely so that people can bitch about men again.

It's a shame women take lame feminist courses now to whine about muh oppression instead of actually going in those fields.

>Lovelace
Way to make me drop an image so fucking fast
>Allan G. Bromley, in the 1990 article Difference and Analytical Engines: "All but one of the programs cited in her notes had been prepared by Babbage from three to seven years earlier. The exception was prepared by Babbage for her, although she did detect a 'bug' in it. Not only is there no evidence that Ada ever prepared a program for the Analytical Engine, but her correspondence with Babbage shows that she did not have the knowledge to do so."

(OP)
This is bull OP. 99% of people don't know or care about ANY "modern" scientist besides Einstein, Hawking, or Newton. I'm tired of this propaganda being shilled everywhere like in youtu.be/sQ6_fOX7ITQ

ask anyone out of the blue who was the main scientist who led the Manhattan project. or the one who led the our landing on the moon. male or female, scientists in general usually get the short end of the stick

>Understatement

Yup

>Day 1, Lesson 1, Intro to computer science

Von Neumann Architecture.

women have always been part of tech, now stop pushing for more women on tech, there isnt any shortage

Women did used to be programmers, but claiming that any of these were groundbreaking is a typical jewish lie. The nogs didn't do anything but check other people's math, and they weren't even the only ones that did it.

Of course, the real moral of this should be that before Affirmative Blacktion and the Jew's meddling with "diversity" women that had actual talent did just fine.

programmers are shit tier scientists, they due our dirty work, I hate kike programmers who make all the jew money bitch faggot, jew have kkikery which destroys white crayons, these crayons are fucking great, just want to color the world qhite

Nobody knows the real names behind the true inventors of the Internet.

Does the name JCR Licklider sound familiar? Probably not, but without his conceptualization of an intergalactic network of systems, we'd likely still be using analog everything right now thanks to AT&T and the military being stubborn as a mule.

And then that's discounting the names of the actual people who began working on the ARPAnet and creating it to fruition.

Only meme names are known. The unsung heroes remain unsung.

Shit tier name, I don't trust the glorification of women on STEM. If they weren't famous before, it was probably because they didn't deserve to be. Faggot revisionism won't change that for me.

They left out Sister Keller. Now why would they do that? Really fires the neurons

Yep.

Wait a minute, I thought women were kept as slaves and forced to work in the kitchen by an oppressive patriarchal society.

Now you are telling me none of that was true???

You mean Michaelsoft?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_computer

Al Gore invented the internet. That's the only one I know.

this

also - do you know how many people claim to have "contributed to the invention of" email, internet, computers, etc. etc.

basically if you were a racial minority and worked as a janitor at the place something where was invented - you contributed

Only real woman scientist... well, mathematician... was Emmy Noether. Check her out. The rest is leftist bullshit.

>Rear Admiral Grace Hopper is a legend
For making online travel bookings possible. OP's pic was made by a schoolteacher, possibly a nurse or librarian

>intergalactic

Ada Lovelace was a glorified note taker who became a feminist sacred cow, some were probably worthwhile like Grace Hopper but also is right.

Exaggerations of the importance of minor figures.

Why don't we know who they are? Because they were easily replaceable and wouldn't warrant a historical mention (except in very narrowly focused studies) if they were male.

The history of science and technology isn't the olympics. We don't have men's and women's categories, so women only have to outshine other women to win a gold medal. If you're going to talk about science and technology honestly, you have to ignore the sex of individuals and just focus on the ones who did great things. When you do this, it naturally emerges that very few women stand out from the immense crowd of contributors.

Computer programming was initially seen as "women's work", like doing arithmetic, because it was seen as a mechanical operation of data organization and entry. When this proved not to be the case, men took it seriously as a career and soon their superior competence overshadowed the women.

Von Neumann is a God. I'd say most educated know him, maybe not for inventing the CPU.

Read and be amazed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._R._Licklider#Global_computer_network

No, it's not fair to discredit them that much. They did contribute. It's just horribly misleading. Part of her code or helped contribute means she part of a team, a team of men who also put effort forth. I mean part of my code is in all kinds of shit, doesn't mean I deserve special place in history books. We also don't really talk about the men who contribute either outside of a few historical figures like Babbage or Turing, and ironically Lovelace who had a programming language named after her.

Seriously, why did he name the company after his dick?

I like how Katherine Johnson is considered black lmao...

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._R._Licklider#Global_computer_network
I don't see anything about communication between galaxies. Sounds like some Lickdicker misdirection.

>Reducing Grace Hopper like that

It's right, but only just. It willfully ignores the fact that a lot of these women worked on teams as well.

There's two big things to remember: the nature of computer was radically different prior to the development of the microprocessor and modern RAM chips, and women stood out more in an environment where they were not overtly encouraged to do anything.

One drop rule.

oh great. hidden figures 2

wow 12 people?!??!?!?!

Liskov was a real computer scientist. Grace Hopper was one of the people behind Algol if I remember correctly. Both are known, but are niche personalities.

As for the others, I don't know. Given that they all were born in the beginning of XX century, there's a risk that their job was to load punch cards into a mainframe or something like that.

Anyway, praising someone for being a computing person and at the same time having a vagina is kind of weird. Of course there are women in computing. There are few prominent ones because there are few prominent computing people in general.

>Mentioning Lovelace without mentioning Charles Babbage

It's like feminists are begging us to highlight their uselessness

Don't you fucking dare talk down about these people. Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage are like a fairy tale couple and the various other women are no different.

I especially like Babbage and Ada though. Her Father was a poet who was adulterous and her Mother in spite tried to purge her daughter of creativity by forcing her to learn math non stop.

She met Babbage who created the difference engine and they could both understand the implications of creating a programmable machine when no one else could.

The imagine assigns too much credit with bullshit vague immeasurable terms.

>women stood out more in an environment where they were not overtly encouraged to do anything.
There was a huge drive to make women productive for WW2, including exploiting the intelligent ones with whatever intellectual work they could handle, and it continued after the war.

Despite the ideal home life of the 1950s being presented as an idle woman supported by her full-time-working husband, the seeds of the 1960s sexual revolution were planted in the 1940s and 1950s policies of expanding employment and career participation by women, especially the most intelligent ones.

In the Cold War, it was seen as unacceptable to fall behind in science and technology by failing to exploit the potential of any segment of the population, so they were pushing hard for girls to be educated in math and science, and then go into careers.

However, in their careers where people were trying to get work done, they were judged by their actual results and treated with the reasonable skepticism of employers toward career women as to whether they'll drop out to focus on their kids, so there was a lot of resentment that their investment in education wasn't paying off as well for them as for men, who had more potential and therefore benefitted more from developing it.

Educating women causes problems, because it makes bitter, entitled women who don't want to face the reality that taking years out of their fast-fading youth costs them more and gains them less, and demand equal outcomes for equal effort.

Who the fuck cares!? Normal people dont focus on whether someone was black, white, female or male.

When playing football/soccer/basketball, any solid coach I've ever had didnt give a fuck who you were, he only cared if you could do the job. If the team came out all white, fuck it. If the team came out all black, fuck it. No one except you liberal fucks takes race into consideration constantly, you are the racist ones.

That's literally retarded. If I said "I don't see you as white or a man" you'd probably understand why it's foolish to not recognise the identity of someone.

Grace Hopper was the only one with real impact

This is how the liberals lose...

By beginning to think in terms of "who invented this?" or "which race/sex contributed the most?" they have played nicely into your hands.

Liberals have lost. They might not think so but it's already over. Their viewpoint absolutely cannot withstand facts, only forced consensus by threats to one's social standing and livelihood.

All of this is a completely lie and despite that ada and grace are being pushed hardcore as womyn in cs trash everywhere (they have been since forever).

All of these women were probably part of a large group.
Something like 20 men and 1 woman.
I don't know who those 20 men are , so why would I care about the 1 woman?
Feminism logic makes my pickle flaccid.

Why don't we know about 100 million people who help build code of Microsoft? Lets name those 99% of men.

Based black women put a man on the moon, and the media doesn't want you to know.
QUANZ

How could somebody who died in '92 have created online travel booking? Consumer internet wasn't even a thing yet

How can they not include Marie Curie?

>lol
I could feel the inceldom

True, but their contributions are exaggerated because the people who spread these memes have a rhetoric to sustain. For every one of these woman there is 10 men that have done an equally important job.

Grace Hopper was the mother of COBOL, it was the primary language for business programs before the PC Era. She also coined the term computer "bug" (originally a moth) - she's probably the only one who belongs in that dumb graphic. She was demoted by fee-fees since she also had an honorable military background. That and the elimination of Sister Keller, first American PhD in CS, proves that it is leftist propaganda since the radical left hates any religion that's not Muslim or pagan

>implying I don't know Ada Lovelace is the daughter of Lord Byron and the first programmer

>Ada Lovelace pioneered a bunch of computer programming ideas that we still use today
List them and reference where she wrote of these concepts.

As an aside, Grace Hopper is basically amazing.

What did she actually do?

>Hidden Niggers working for MASSA

Because Marie Curie is not ignored. The feminist argument is that these women are ignored simply because they are women. Curie's existence takes that argument down.

Shittiest racial policy in the world, makes no sense

>lovelace
Oh boy this bitch every time

Grace Hopper is an American hero.

my first CS professor was a woman. she knew her shit

At least Ida and Grace Hopper were legit.

I looked up some of the figures there. Whoever made this image fucking hates Grace Hopper, and the image is for the pupose of diversity Pokemon points. Its actively stupid.

What a ridiculous undersell of Grace Hopper

Liskov is legit. Hamilton too. Lovelace on the other hand was a glorified secretary.

I don't know about the others.