I am considering joining either the Marines or Air Force

I am considering joining either the Marines or Air Force.
I really want to be a Marine, but am afraid the jobs are limited once my contract is over with.
And joining the Airforce mainly because it seems like they prepare you for life outside of military with a career more than the Marines do. That's the only reason I would be in the Airforce.

Can anyone help with job recommendations during and after military life?

Join the Airforce, learn to work on jets.
You'll be set for life.
Unless you hate that type of work.

I don't believe I can get an ASVAB score high enough

I scored a 98 percentile and I'm a college dropout.

Do anything satellite communications related with the air Force. And this is coming from an army vet.

You might as well start shooting heroin now then.
If you're telling me you're too dumb to be a fucking mechanic then just end it now retard.

Join the Air force, the Marines are full of Mexicans and Chinese for some reason.

>
I'm just assuming because I'm terrible at math. I bought a book and am going to start studying soon

join my basement
I will feed you fresh food with female hormones and lock you into a chastity belt.
you can still enjoy my comfy vidya collection, my n64 library consists of 52 games :)

I would be a really ugly girl m8

>I really want to be a Marine, but am afraid the jobs are limited once my contract is over with.

This is a very legitimate fear. The Marines are good at what they do, but sell themselves on patriotism and buzzwords designed to appeal to naive and ignorant kids. The reality of being in the Corps is that you're probably going to be an E-3, for your entire enlistment, few if any job prospects when you get out, and living in shitty conditions with shitty equipment and pretending to be a tough guy about it. The Air Force or the Navy are way better in terms of variety of job choices and having career prospects when you get out.

t. Former Navyfag who made E-5 with a year and a half of service while Marines with 6-8 years had trouble getting past E-4.

Don't join either. You will be better off as a civilian.

Or you could do this.

I'm glad you get the message pertaining to what I'm actually scared of happening.
I really really want to be a Marine. I even went to a military high school that was Marine based and really don't want to be one of those homeless vets holding up a sign.
What job did you end up having after leaving the service?

I don't think I will as I have some college and my profession is sales. I'm on my early 20s and don't want to be job hopping sales jobs depending on commission my whole life.
I want to join military because they will train me and give me a skill that I can carry into the real world.

>I really really want to be a Marine.

Explain why, and I'll tell you how that's bullshit.

>What job did you end up having after leaving the service?

I'm going to school and living off a combination of my savings and the money the GI Bill gives me to find a house. The civilian contractors I worked with in the Navy offered me interviews with their companies when I got out though. One was even from the same small town I'm from, and told me he could hook me up with a job at the hospital, but I didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere.

user.
Do what I did.
Join Air Force, go into a 1N career field (intelligence) stack your training records up the best you can.
Get your bachelor's degree while in for free using TA.
Leave after 6 years, take your clearance with you.
Become government contractor making 6 figures.

Join the navy learn to work on Jets and then learn to fly them

I want to be a Marine because I feel like its a challenge to be a Marine, the hype and status of gives you. That and it was drilled down my throat during my high school years because it was a military school.
I'm more realistic than that however. I want to learn a skill and carry that into the real world, and with that I'm willing to join another corps.
My main issue is deciding what job I want to fall into and which branch is best to join to get that job.

I'm looking for experience more than college. I have some college and I hate it.

I can't do that as my eyesight is bad.
I've been watching f22 videos for the past few days actually and it would be pretty badass to fly one of those over North Korea

Im joining the navy as a corpsmen i wqnted to be a marine but wifu wont let me so i was given the option of corpsmen navy diver or nuke i chose the fun one burning off ring worm with a knife off a marines leg

Well I got a lot of good experience in the AF working Intel.
Did a ground deployment conducting forensics on IEDs.
Did an airborne deployment conducting SIGINT stuffs.
Also had to wear gay ass PT clothes and get made fun of by the other branches (for good reasons).

You're right tho, the USAF is way more career/post military career oriented. Unless of course you wanna be a cop afterwards then the USMC or USA is your right call.
I wouldn't advice going into the USN for any reason whatsoever, unless you enjoy being surrounded by asshole officers, blacks and fake deployments.

Eat more carrots also stop using your phone and tablet it fucked up my eyesight in my left eye it took a month for it to go back to normal

Of course, a navy fgt, the biggest nigger branch, doesnt liek marines... of course.

The dude above me broke the thread

This too. The intel field always needs people. If I had a dollar for every time I saw a job posting looking for people with experience in intelligence analysis, I'd be fucking rich.

>I want to be a Marine because I feel like its a challenge to be a Marine, the hype and status of gives you

You already seem to realize this is a Jewish trick, but I'd like to just point it out to be clear. All of the other services tend to offer you shit like career training and fringe benefits. The Marines purposely offer you less than the others and try to convince you that you're getting a better deal as a result.

Getting into every service is a challenge. It may not seem like it, and the Marines may be more of a challenge, but at the end of the day it isn't that big a difference. The people who care most about the hype of being a Marine are other Marines and the scores of school age kids they manage to fool into thinking they're "the best of the best" at everything. Sure, you may get some extra pussy in a Marine uniform, but there are opportunities to challenge yourself and have people look up to you no matter which branch you join.

I'm not saying I dislike Marines. I even said they're good at what they do. My point is that signing away years of your life to fight for Israel is a big decision, and if you're going to do it, you should be trying to get more out of it than being able to brag that you PT'd more than me and lived in shittier barracks.

Did you study for the asvab? And what's the best way to prepare myself for this type of job. I'm worried that doing Intel won't carry into a job outside of military. What real world job requires intel?

I thank you brother for helping me with this decision. I am definitely interested in joining the airforce now all I need to decide on is what career will help me the most.
How do I set myself up in the best way?

You are allowed to retest multiple times to get your score higher. Just the recruiter will probably be in a rush. Make sure you know what job you want and don't go
>Open general

Also a lot of the aircraft maintenance jobs on the outside will lead to an A&P license which most people can get at a college in 2 years and make bank right out of the gates. I think the average salary is like 19-25$ and up.

What do you think of "RF tans". I'm in Electrical engineering and thought about going reserves for it while in school, but I'm a year and a half from graduating. So I decided to stay in school and go OTS and become an officer.
Its a bitch to find out how officer jobs work though. I know what school RF trans people go to, most likely to be stationed, normal day-to-day life, the type of people you come across.
Looking up what jobs an officer can do
>Rated
>Non rated
>-Engineering (The field I want to go into)
And I have no idea what type of engineering, nor what to expect. the officer side of things seem to be super secretive about everything

No I didn't study for the ASVAB. If you can do simple maths, read a paragraph without needing an adult and do simple common logic problems you're golden.
There is no way to prepare for intel work, the military will do that for you. My tech school was about 10 months long. It was tough, but that was to wash out the slackers.
Let me tell you one thing man, if there is ever a job the government always hires it's either Computer Science or Intel folks.
A lot has to do with the clearance, and the training that only the DoD can provide.
Also, now corporations are getting into hiring intel analysts who have some business backgrounds for analysts as well.
Social engineering is the wave of the future so they say.
I'm more of a technical guy myself, but there are hundreds of facets intel can lead you into.
The pay is phenomenal for the type/amount of work you do on a daily basis.

>How do I set myself up in the best way?

Start looking into MOS's that interest you and do as much research as you can to narrow down which ones you think you want the most. The best way to not get fucked by a recruiter is to knowing as much as you can going in, and not relying on them for information. I haven't been on /k/ in a while, but they usually have a Military Enlistment General up and running to help people like you out, complete with tripfags from various branches that can answer specific questions. I assume since you went to military school you've probably taken the ASVAB. If not, you can google up some practice tests, but I really wouldn't worry about it because it's 8th grade level standardized testing, and the only people who have trouble passing are niggers and Marine poolees.

In important thing to always remember going forward is that you don't just have to take what your recruiter offers you and can walk away from them at any time. If you feel like you're getting fucked, don't sit there and take it because you think it's the best deal you're going to get. Walk away and either talk to a recruiter in another town, or just rethink things for a while.

The only issue I have is math. I just did a practice test for mechanical and got a 45% out of 20 questions.

Ok I will break this down for you, since I was sitting on the same decision after I got my bachelor's.
If you're going to be an officer in the USAF, be rated. You either fly or eat shit in the eyes of high ranking officers. Even the nerds can be rated, such as Air Weapons Officers.
If you want to go into engineering, don't expect or desire to be designing systems, prototypes and tinkering with cool shit all the time.
You're basically going to be either using, troubleshooting, field testing or overseeing the purchase of equipment. Everything the military has, some DoD contractor has built for them, and a lot of those things you can't even fix without breaking the warranty or established contract.
RF Transmission is a pretty sweet gig, very straight to the point unlike some careers. Also, it pays well as a systems or communications engineer on the contracting side of things.
Also, keep in mind, as an officer they can sometimes throw you into a unit/squadron doing paper bitch leadership duties. A lot of times those units have nothing to do with your actual job.
i.e. A communications Captain serving as a flight commander in a Logistics squadron.

Have you tried Khan Academy yet?

Considering AF after my masters in CS. Though I'm being told thats retarded and I should not waste my CS knowledge in the AF, and instead go work for Raytheon or something.

Af>>navy>>>>army>>>marines

T. E5 army

GUISEEE
I just watched a video about questions the recruiter will ask me. One of them being about drugs. I've been smoking weed for years and stopped a few months ago 100% as I actually want to go into the corps.
What do I tell them when asked, especially when they polygraph me for an Intel job about my drug usage in the past?

>If you're going to be an officer in the USAF, be rated
When I was in high school I would have jumped at the chance to be a pilot. But then I heard that guys in fighter planes wear diapers for long missions and are given drugs which are basically speed. So then I thought drone pilot. Then upon hearing staring at a screen for 18 hours a day, while watching a Pakistani wedding (Still sounded cool) was not what I wanted to do.
Troubleshooting cool military tech sounds cool and while the paperwork would suck, I think that is basically what I'm signing up for.
And it would probably lead to some sort of contract work outside of the military making dosh.

>Also, keep in mind, as an officer they can sometimes throw you into a unit/squadron doing paper bitch leadership duties. A lot of times those units have nothing to do with your actual job.
How often does this happen? Wouldn't mind paperwork if it actually led to something, but mindless call orders sounds like hell.

Also noticed you said communications Captain. Is that like RF transmissions, but in a supervisory position?

Chair Force...Yes seriously though Air Force

Husband was Air Force Mechanic.

You could be a cop - Security Forces. Be a police officer on base basically

>How often does this happen?
It will have to happen eventually for you to progress in rank as an officer. They want well rounded officers who understand the strategic side of things, not just the daily grind. But, you could get lucky and be aide-de-camp to some up and coming General and get swept up in the good ol boy system. (which is a real and powerful thing in the military).

>transmissions, but in a supervisory position?
Yeah essentially, the Air Force unit structure is really simple compared to the other branches.
At the top of the unit you will have a squadron commander (usually an O-5 or O-6 depending on the unit.) Then you'll have a Director of Operations aka DO (usually O-05 to O-4) Then you have things that are called "flights", think of it as a team or squad that can be between 10-80 or so people, that flight will generally have one flight commander which is normally a captain. After that, you have Lts that are in there. Once you make Captain, your days of putting hands on anything mission related are most likely gone. Your time is spent doing administrative duties to make sure the 18 year old who got a DUI last weekend doesn't kill himself in his dorms.

Btw, 2 years of my intel career was spent doing UAS/UAV work. Watching FMV feed can get real boring, real quick, but it can also be very exciting and demanding work that has direct impact on a lot of shit.

If I were you my friend, I would do this:
Commission as a communications officer.
Get assigned to a communications unit that directly supports either SOCOM or Intelligence.
Do your time there, fulfill your commission, and be the best fucking officer in the building. While there, network the shit out of the DoD contractors you work with, and set yourself up nice and fat for when you separate.
Working with SOCOM or Intel gets you a high level clearance, and you get to work with the most advanced communications equipment the military has.

Yeah, be like Samantha Carter and work on "deep space radars".

I tried to join the Marines, but my IQ was too high, so I had to join the Air Force.

Marine here.
Just join any of the POG mos's. You can get a tone of trade qualifications within your first year of service in the corps. I don't see how that wouldnt prepare you for the private sector.

Go Air Force Para Rescue

Youll have to be a total hardass. Combat Medic

I'm 28, would any of the services accept me?

Would they take a 28 year old joining the military so late sriously?

Which one to go in?

Cut off may be 30 now!

Make sure you dont take the first job they offer you at MEPS. Ask them for all the jobs they have that you qualify for even before bonuses. Also on bonuses they take a 3rd of it for taxes. Just FYI

Cutoff is 34.

Any branch is good, if you want to stay /fit/ and have other skills go Marines and get a trade based MOS but don't stay long. If you want to go AF then do the same but find something to fix and do at least one re-up. It all depends on your intentions for the future.