So why are people defending treasonous monuments and flags because "it's a part of our history...

So why are people defending treasonous monuments and flags because "it's a part of our history?" Communism was a part of Russian History yet no one cared (nor should they) when they took those statues and flags down. Confederate symbolism was put up in the 60s anyway to counter-protest civil rights and if the elected representatives of a town or state want to take it down whats the big deal?

Stormfags fuck-off unless you have a real counterargument

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI
youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0
youtube.com/watch?v=A94smJ9QJ5g
youtube.com/watch?v=hvNNtBmA3SQ
youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412
youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The American people should be reminded of the war crimes of the Yankee aggressors. There is no better way to do this than to pay tribute to the brave Confederate soldiers who lost their lives defending their homeland against an invading force hellbent on destroying them in service to their negro masters.

Once you forget history it'll repeat itself.

Why didn't they remove them in 2016? Or 2015? Or 2014? Or 2008? Or 1999?

It's about (((their))) globalist agenda. They want to run a prison planet of race-less, culture-less, nation-less, identity-less subdued sheep. They make up less than 1% of the world's population, yet look at all they control from the world's finances to the media that brainwashes us.

In short, they use the entertainment and news media to encourage globalism and discourage nationalism and traditional western values. They distort and lie about the present and past in that effort.

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:
>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:
>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:
>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:
>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:
>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:
>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
>youtube.com/watch?v=PFHa4db3hA0
>youtube.com/watch?v=A94smJ9QJ5g

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:
>youtube.com/watch?v=hvNNtBmA3SQ

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)
>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:
>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

You do know a good 90% of the people demanding the statue take downs are flat out white hating BLM bastards, right?

It 'hurts their feelings' the same way a limo hurts a bum's feelings, they hate and detest whitey to begin with, so naturally they're all for removal of clearly historical and well attested statues.

Wait until they start trying to demand teardowns of founding fathers and other "god damn crackers".

Because they can. That's one of the freedoms we have in this country. The right to disagree. Fucking get over it.

>Communism was a part of Russian History yet no one cared (nor should they) when they took those statues and flags down.
That's not true at all.

that's what we have history books for friend
If you've read a history book, the Confederates attacked fort Sumter first, starting the war in which many americans on both sides lost there lives

I am not into flags or statues, but it is clear that this is just an attempt for pandering and virtue signalling. If it was a plan to update parks with more relevant monument then I would probably be on board. But this whole issue just seems silly.

honestly its just a southern thing. Even blacks in the south don't mind.

This.

If we're going to take down monuments to history, why not throw out all the books? I mean if statues are so upsetting, why even have history? The truth is more offensive than some molded bronze, isn't it?
Let's just burn all the books and forget things, right Hitler? I mean OP.

The Confederacy was the true 1776 America, and that real America died and was replaced with an oligarchical progressive nanny-state.

Welcome to the USSA broski

It's the freedom of the townspeople and their elective representatives to want to take them down too which is my point in the first place
I know plenty of white people, namely those whose states and ancestors died fighting traitors in a pointless war hate it as well. And call me a liberal or whatever but I think the reason why blacks hate it is because they owned their ancestors

the south is a disgrace to humanity in general

>If you've read a history book, the Confederates attacked fort Sumter first, starting the war in which many americans on both sides lost there lives

Fort Sumter was a bastion on Confederate land that was illegally occupied by the Yankee aggressors after South Carolina legally and peacefully seceded from the Union.

>It's the freedom of the townspeople and their elective representatives to want to take them down too which is my point in the first place
Sure. And people are FREE to protest it if they wish.
Stop bitching you little faggot.

They aren't gonna stop at just the statues, user. They'll get rid of the books because of "muh feels" and "muh racist."

The South didn't buy a one-way ticket.

Secession wasn't prohibited by the constitution.

Inanimate objects cannot commit treason you dumb whore.

Because fighting for the Comfederacy was not treason. Although there was never an established mechanism for secession, the Founding Fathers specifically shot down any proposal to make it illegal.

After the Confederate states seceded legally, Abraham Lincoln provoked them into attacking Fort Sumter. The war wasn't a civil war, but a war between two nations.

This I can sympathize with although I understand why people don't like monuments to treason and slavery
Monuments and history books are two different things. Monuments are a sign of respect and reverence and the will of the people was to remove them not the history books

They are to commemorate those who lost their lives defending their homeland from the Yankees.

Imagine you are a poor farmer from outside of Savanna and Grant is threatening to burn down everything you own and leave a path of rape and destruction behind him. Of course you would fight.

This one sided Rebs were bad and Yanks were good is lazy!

Not to mention it stands for the idea of states rights. Slavery was part of the reason for the war but secession was the Missouri compromise and the election of Lincoln who vowed no expansion of slavery fuck all what the states actually wanted.

Because Communism is racially Jewish and therefore foreign to Europe and Russia, Confederacy is Anglo-Celtic and therefore indigenous to Southern States and USA

Think about what you said do you really believe liberals would get rid of all that self-hating depressing history stuff

>he thinks people actually read textbooks
Also, they attacked Ft. Sumter cause Lincoln refused to negotiate. The Confederates actually wanted a peace treaty immediately and even raised money to pay for federal property in their states, they were denied, so they exercised their right to revolution as espoused in the Declaration of Independence. And slavery was constitutionally protected prior to the 13th amendment as per the Dred Scott decision among others, they were seceding cause Yankees were infringing on their rights.

>mfw the only thing the alt-right has done was destroy southern culture

Fuck you, Sup Forums

Essentially the federal gov renegged on the constitution and the south was in their rights to leave. The flag and the monuments means this is not forgotten as well.

>Treasonous
Most of the Confederate generals you would call traitors were traitors in a similar way to many of the founding fathers.

Trump's comparison of Robert E. Lee and George Washington is moderately accurate (probably unintentional) because they both distinguished themselves in wars led by their former sovereigns (French and Indian War, Mexican American War) and then joined the rebellion against their country as a military general. Otherwise, George Washington was a plantation owner who never received the commendation he thought he deserved for his service and primarily opposed the Stamp Act and the Intolerable Acts, and Robert E. Lee was a general who definitely disagreed with the Confederacy's motivations for secession and felt the need to defend his home state, Virginia, from inevitable Union invasion.

George Washington was "on the right side of history" and Robert E. Lee was "on the wrong side of history" as so many people put it today.

And the reason Virginia and other states seceded after the war broke out was because Lincoln promised them he'd evacuate federal forts in the South if they stayed in the Union, he broke his promise hence the Confederacy grew from 7 states to 11.

The US is founded on the treason by racist white slave owners who got many killed cuz they didn't want to pay taxes on their fucking tea. When the confederate monuments are gone then the rest can go.

>This is natural
>storm fags out
How's that been working again?
Shadilay.

It was the alt left.

Tear them all down. White men need to learn that if you lose, you lose everything.

In other words: stop LARPing and stop focusing on looking good while losing. Victory at all costs is all that matters.

Many of.those monuments were erected by the Daughters of the Confederacy. They were the wives, and daughters of the soldiers who fought. They were meant to pay respect to the dead. Nothing about what the South did was illegal or treasonous. And paying respect to your dead father, husband or great-grandfather is not an issue either. Fuck off with your horse shit.

there's a big difference between the soviets and the Confederacy you fucking faggot

Cringe. What a shitty non-argument.

confederate monuments didn't go up to protest the civil rights act. that's pseudo history and false talking points by anti racists and delusional blacks

No, Russia still has most of those statues up.

Kruschev took down some Stalin statues, and Yeltsin fags took down the Dzerzhinsky statue at Lubyanka, but that's it.

Russians by large are still proud of the communist era.

too many replies but most people are arguing that the constitution legally allowed a state to secede. Maybe so but the confederates committed an act of war by attacking forts controlled by the US government making them the aggressors in the conflict.

You keep them as a reminder. If they really cared about history they wouldnt destroy what records it. The next step in their idea is book burning.

I personally have no love for the confederacy. It's in the past — you lost, Bobby.

This. We give them an inch, they'll take a mile, shown time and time again. We give them the power to change monuments, we give them the power to change history, then I'll be living in 1984.

Why can't we just tell blacks that their ancestors shouldn't have allowed themselves to be enslaved? Wouldn't that have nipped this whole problem in the bud?

Already did it in Ivy Leaguein the 1980s: the displaced a lot of "oppressive white male inventors, poets etc" statues and portraits and changed them with spic and negro "intellectuals"
>Russians by large are still proud of the communist era.
Tell that around in Russia and get your teeth broken

>Why are you a right winger?
I start with that, usually.

I used to agree with you, mostly until I joined a leftist protest in Atlanta a few years ago - some of whose members broke off and beat a war vet for wearing the CSA flag. I talked to right wingers calmly, even stumbled across a Klansman early at the rally, and they all seemed nice.

At a later rally I went to photograph and let them know I was kind of left wing but leaning libertarian. In stead of beat me or ridicule, they laughed and talked about politics and their convictions, and even if they were using warped logic, they were nice. I got their early because I wasn't paid and bussed in (I noticed everyone else was) and was the only one; If the tables were turned, and it was one right winger, 30 Antifa and no cops, there'd be blood

>Why do you support Confederate monuments?

I still don't, really, apart from the law passed which declared CSA soldiers honorary US soldiers. They're Americans, even if they were fighting for something wrong (and historically, 90% of them didn't have slavery on their mind. CSA offered to abolish it in exchange for independence but Lincoln wanted to come out victorious.)

I think that they deserve memorialization as veterans and not as anti-government forces. They play a big role in southern culture, and the same arguments against these memorials could be used against the Vietnam War Memorial. "They were losers." "Their cause wasn't just." "They killed innocent people." "They're just pawns."

Veterans deserve honor in all cases. Communist Russians included, OP.

>I got their
Fuck, I'm tired. It's 2 am here, forgive me Anons

Actually, a majority of blacks don't hate it at all.

Most of them went up in the '60s because it was the 100 year anniversary of the war, and many survivors were old or already dead. And whitewashing history, no pun intended, is never the right way to understand the lessons of the past.

>I think that they deserve memorialization as veterans and not as anti-government forces. They play a big role in southern culture, and the same arguments against these memorials could be used against the Vietnam War Memorial. "They were losers." "Their cause wasn't just." "They killed innocent people." "They're just pawns."

All current members of the military, and anyone deliberating on whether to join, take note. You should think long and hard before continuing to fight on behalf of people who show you so little respect for the sacrifices you make to defend them.

Cмeшнo мнe! вpeш!

Your statement had so many historical inaccuracies that you do not deserve an answer to your question.

Free speech is hate speech. Let me introduce you to a hammer.

America was a mistake

>Abraham Lincoln was a Homosexual.

"With these qualifications we may admit the same right as vested in the people of every State in the Union, with reference to the General Government, which was exercised by the people of the United Colonies with reference to the supreme head of the British Empire, of which they formed a part; and under these limitations have the people of each State in the Union a right to secede from the Confederated Union itself. Here stands the right! But the indissoluble union between the several States of this Confederated Nation is, after all, not in the right, but in the heart! If the day should ever come (may Heaven avert it), when the affections of the people of these States shall be alienated from each other; when the fraternal spirit shall give way to cold indifference, or collision of interest shall fester into hatred, the bands of political asseveration will not long hold together parties no longer attached by the magnetism of conciliated interests and kindly sympathies; and far better will it be for the people of' the dis-United States, to part in friendship from each other, than to be held together by constraint; then will be the time for reverting to the precedents which occurred at the formation and adoption of the Constitution, to form again a more perfect Union by dissolving that which could no longer bind, and to leave the separated parts to be re-united by the law of political gravitation to the centre!" - John Quincy Adams

The better question is why were people cool with it for 150 years and then all of a sudden it is used to divide the country? If the actual people who fought the confederates didn't mind then why the fuck do you?

The USA seceded from the British Empire. The founding fathers were traitors to the British crown. The only difference between the CSA and the USA is that the latter won and the former lost. Period.

Moderated speech is the anti-thesis to free speech. Period.
Do not pass go. Do not collect $200

>Imagine you are a poor farmer from outside of Savanna and *Sherman is threatening to burn down everything you own ...

That happened during the fall & autumn of the year. All food produced during the summer, that was being stored for the winter. Sherman destroyed all their food supplies, destroyed all farm equipment to grow food the following year, and dumped animal carcasses in water wells to poison them.

Cancerous google translate. Fuck off animal. Goymmunism is hated across the former Bloc for a reason. Check the movie "Circus" 1936 out to see what's up

Dwight D. Eisenhower kept a portrait of Lee in his office.

Because it is a mistake and this is America, the country that makes mistakes and has people who knows about it. If you forget your mistakes your eventualy going to make them again

I went & placed flowers on Lizzie Rutherford's grave today. It was her idea to erect statues to commemorate Confederate War Dead.

Called honor m8. The Roman method has always been to allow your conquered territories to have their idols, so long as they serve you.

Tearing them down is pretty retarded. Might as well tell Hawaiians they can't have their tikis because their ancestors violently resisted US occupation.