Are we living in a shit-tier cyberpunk future? The corporations have already turned on us

Are we living in a shit-tier cyberpunk future? The corporations have already turned on us.

No matter how great the civil unrest becomes, i am not satisfied until there is more NEON everywhere and fancy ways to move around town.

yeah, if you live in a big city.Best to go buy land before land it all gone.

sort of, except the tech they used to control got out of their grasp, now they are scrambling trying to put that genie back in its bottle...too late, they sowed the seeds of their own demise.

It seriously scares me how much power the tech companies have now. Seeing the daily stormer struggle to find a place to live on the internet, how can this happen? I guess I didn't realize you can't just self-host a website.

yes. But without any of the neon or 80's design sensibilities.

Also, less 1984, and more Brave New World

no way with this horrible """modern""" """architecture"""

Exactly.
I don't mind dystopia if it looks like Akira.

there is a tragic lack neon in the world today.

Yes

yes
the one where instead of cool cybernetic powers you get cellphone addiction, and instead of subversive hacking skills, you get facebook frogposting
instead of neon streets, you get boring architecture and signs designed in ms paint

>You will live to see the neo-corporate-techno Holy Wars

This instead it's all this infantile, curved edges and cute little animated icons. Instead of the edgy dark cyberpunk we got one for adult babies.

>you will live to see the mcdonald's "i'm lovin it" nuclear holocaust against the neo-burger king corporate dominion(TM)

I saw akira at the cinema a couple weeks ago. The detail was even more impressive on the big screen.

The manga is still better

Not unless you move to Asia. In America we live in Planet of the Apes.

Yes, we're living in the faggiest cyberpunk universe. At least we get Trump.

Hahaha well put!

McDonald's, Coca Cola and Marlboro.

Know your loyalties.

>I guess I didn't realize you can't just self-host a website.
Y u no
>VPS
>encryption
>tor
>onion
?

Pretty much. Google is every evil mega corp rolled into one. We're also living in a time when companies have higher GDP than entire countries.

Most of those asian high rise apartment complexes are post-cyberpunk-apocalypse already.

>Wake up at dawn
>March down to the front lines with my brothers
>A proud banner displaying our God-Queen Wendy playfully mocks the wind, dancing about as we stare down the battlefield.
>Our enemies march from the treeline, chanting and cheering for their leader, Ronald McDonald
>Spears at the ready, I'm in the 2nd line
>What seems like an eternity of running we collide into them
>A blade slices my ear and hits the poor kid behind me straight in the eye with a sickening squelch
>Blood spews forth from our line into theirs, theirs in ours
>Their first few lines falter, giving way to our superior men
>Draw my blade and pull one closer by the arm as I sink my shining weapon into his gut
>Whisper into his ear "You could have tried the new Baconator"
>He crumples to the ground, we charge after their routing forces. This day has been won.

I'm ready

Yes.

I agree, there is no neon lights everywhere and cyborgs. Also there is no factions like Cyber Fascists or Cyber Nazis. Antifa...meh same shit different era. Damn now I feel like partying. Some one get a fucking Fashwave thread going.

I keep waiting for the cool ultra-libertarian cyberpunk future where literally anything you want can be yours if you pay for it. Where everything becomes completely unregulated and the deepest decadence and indulgences can be ours as long as we're willing to kill for AT&T or run slave-ships for Starbucks. Technology would keep advancing like crazy, because progress is a form of hedonism.

God, I want it so bad.

>falling for the TOR meme
Enjoy your v&

my sides

slow clap

Where are my hacker implants and shit?

Dystopia looks like the bland stylings of Crate and Barrel. This wasn’t the future I wanted.

Exactly. Is there any dystopian fiction about how everything becomes corporate and identitical and bland?

Mutant Transgender gangs addicted big brother's obedience reward drugs.

Whiny commies kid crying about big buildings, when they could drive into the wilderness and build their own estate, but Corporate Fat Cat Comrade Marx's free benefits.

Bump

Every corporation has blacklisted Crhistopher Cantwell because, essentially, he uses racial slurs and has a small radio show. That's it. Every possible mode of payment or communication has been cut off except, presumably, his cell phone service.

Just think about that. Why don't they do the same thing to someone who is actually a threat to people? There are many people who are directly responsible for countless deaths and nobody even has a problem with them. But if you speak wrong, you become utter anathema. When Milo went on Bill Maher, one of the other guests canceled because he just couldn't bear to sit next to a mundanely conservative person who uses the word "dyke" a lot.

If that same guest were to be asked to sit next to a guy from the CIA whose job is to lie, deceive, and orchestrate civilian deaths here and abroad, he wouldn't give a shit.

If that same guest were to sit next to Dick Cheney, he would hold him in quiet reverence. Why is this? Why do we only target people who are never going to be a threat to anyone when we've shown how easily the free market can pull the plug on anyone they want, and actually force real positive change?