Tfw I figured I'd buy the Eclipse lenses at the last minute

>tfw I figured I'd buy the Eclipse lenses at the last minute

I'M A FUCKING IDIOT

Yup

You can buy a pair at 7-11...

Same boat. Where you at tho? I'm in Los Angeles

Just squint your eyes and don't look at it for more than a few seconds.

>implying you actually need glasses
just take a quick look

Don't worry bro Google Images has plenty of pictures of solar eclipses and it doesn't change much from that.

use a pinhole or a welding mask user

I got triple sunglasses. Think that'll be enough to glance at it for a bit.

just get some tinfoil and poke a hole in it with a needle...

Buy a wielding mask

Who cares, just glance at it for a half a second, it's not going to kill you.

Is looking at an eclipse any more dangerous than looking at the sun normally?

A fool and his money are easily parted. Don't be another retard staring at the sky like a turkey in a rainstorm.

No bad goyem. Buy my glasses. I'm a trust worthy merchant. I care about your eyes.

Its fine when its at the stage of being completely covered when everything goes black

yes. keep looking the whole tyme too

Wrong. The corona is actually the most dangerous part to look at.

No. But people are going to force themselves to stare at the sun, a thing nobody usually does. Take some simple common sense measures.

No, it just doesn't hurt to stare at it unlike the regular sun, so you're more likely to do damage to your eyes.

create decent sized fire
2. get flat sheet of glass (something like photoframe)
3. burn a thin carbon layer onto glass evenly distributed
4. look through it and not go blind

Speaking of which I have my whole shed as a pinhole projector too, it's where I do occasional astronomy already.

Staring at the sun for an hour won't kill you either

This, how is it any worse than looking at the sun normally? I get that you're not supposed to stare slack jawed at it for minutes at a time, but it's not like a quick glance at the sun is going to instantly seer your retina's. Why do they act like eclipses are super dangerous?

Go to a hardware store and ask for some welding goggles, use the you fucking nigger unless you want to be another blind nigger.

It's not
The hype is coming from twats who are scared you're just gonna stare at the sun watching the moon go over it

How much are they selling for ?

I saw a sign eclipse parking $100/day, holy fuck

Ya, I fucked up too. Oh well, guess it's risking my vision for life for a couple minute glimpse.

I was thinking of cutting a hole in a box for my phone and just watching it through that while I record
Dont see how that could do any harm

don't be retarded, just look at it for a half a second or you're going to burn out your retina.

>couple minute glimpse.
Literally just look up and then look back down. Not like you gain anything by staring for more than a few seconds

I sold two pairs today for 30 bucks a piece. Got them for 1.75 each.

if you're in a really dark room, like say the earth when there's no sunlight to light it (total eclipse) and you're busy staring up at the fuckin sun, and then the sun peeks the brightest light you've ever seen or will ever see directly into your fully-dilated pupil, the back of your eye will be seared faster than your blink reaction, and then enjoy a sunburn sensation on the inside of your eyeball for an hour at least, with permanent damage at worst. it is that simple

>tfw spend hundreds of dollars on eclipse glasses
>eclipse day forecast is overcast with t-storms

Most people are really stupid, half the population is 80 iq so they have to explicitly say you shouldn't stare at the sun even if it's an eclipse. But yeah just glance at it quick and you should be fine.

wew lad those cows are huge

>with t-storms
Tranny storms? Hot.

This

>>tfw I figured I'd buy the Eclipse lenses at the last minute

You could have just made a pinhole viewer for like.... free.

I'm not gonna pay money to enjoy something my ancestors have for millennia

Same here, guess ill have to wait another century to sear my eyeballs.

Go to a place that sells welding equipment and buy some fucking welding helmet lenses if you have to.

>spend hundreds of dollars on eclipse glasses

Needs to be shade #14, the darkest available, otherwise you'll still damage your eyes.

There are no pain receptors inside the eye so you can't feel your retina turn to dust.

The main library in my city had a shit load of them for sale. My aunt is the librarian so she gave me 2 handfuls.
>I'm watching the eclipse alone.

This is the best thread of the night.

You don't pay for the eclipse, you pay to not eviscerate your retinas while looking at it,

>full, unobstructed sun is less dangerous than when it's almost entirely obstructed

Is not the same, this is such a shitty advise, tell this niggers to spend 10 dollars to see something that happens once in a life time, birds will go to sleep and all animals, we're the only ones that know what's really going on.

Go to a weld supply shop, buy some shade 12 or 14 lenses

Eclipse glasses marketers, in my vagina?

It's more likely than you think.

Go ahead and look at it.

If you're in the totality zone you can look at it directly with no glasses for that 2min period. Has to be 100%, 99% will fuck your eyes up.

why the fuck cant i just point my cell phone at the damn eclipse and look at it on the screen

Yes, but only because your pupils are dilated. You can glance at the naked sun because your pupils contract to pinpoints.

Fun fact: the government doesn't make a big deal about it because they are worried that if they do, you might become distrustful of authority after hearing about people looking at the eclipse without any immediate eye damage. They would rather everyone get cataracts in 10 years than stop paying income tax.

Could have rented them the day of for $30 for 30 seconds.

You can look at it without glasses pussies.
T. I'm a welder and also have looked at a solar eclipse in the early 90's and my eyes are fine.i also look straight at the sun sometimes.
Don't fall for the glass jew

Last time we had an eclipse I had five separate people come in with corneal burns. A person is smart, but people are fucking dumb.

>tfw you're baked alaska and you don't have to worry about ruining your eyes anymore

>he doesn't have a welding mask
How does it feel to be a useless neet?

The Jew always gets you one way or another

light bends, dipshit. imagine water flowing at the same speed through a smaller pipe.
this will literally burn out your camera's sensors, lmao. can't wait for all the phone damage claims too

People fuck their eyes up looking at partial eclipses of like 95% when it's dark. It's quite a bit different than looking at the sun and humans aren't really adapted to it because it's fairly uncommon.

>>full, unobstructed sun is less dangerous than when it's almost entirely obstructed

No, the PROBLEM, is that staring at the sun itself is dangerous for your retinas.

And when there is an eclipse, people BELIEVE that less light means "Absolutely Safe" so they tend to stare for longer....

But the corona is still pretty fucking bright, and can still damage your retinas.

The problem ISN'T that it's more dangerous during an eclipse, the problem is most people think it's NOT dangerous at all... and then people go blind from staring at it for too long.

Marylandfag, thunderstorms forecast for entirety of event. Good thing I didn't spend money on eclipse jewggles though

use a welding screen or shade 6 gas welding lens

Tinfoil hat is very strong with this one

Enjoy having arc eye once you're into old age you dumbfuck.
t.also a welder

Eclipse glasses cost about $1, I don't think any body is fucking conning anyone here.

Same.

I looked at the one in the early 90s too, still have 20/6 vision.

Not a normie in any sense, though.

> Nobody suggests looking through your phone

Very dissapointing.

Nice try kike. Still not buying eclipse glasses

>imagine water flowing at the same speed through a smaller pipe.

It fucking backs out the other end you autist. Water doesn't compress. This is one of the first questions on the ASVAB to weed out retards.

how did you know?!

Just use a welding mask

nigga

>wait for eclipse
>look at flashlight to make pupils small
>look at sun
you cannot refute this

I plan on being inside watching TV or sleeping . I honestly don't know what the big deal is essentially this is "I'm a leo because I fight" astrological nonsense that people pretned to care about because they want to fit in or am I missing something is magic real and we are all about to become heroes from the show heroes they had eclipse powers

I can guarantee you that shit will not work and your eyes will be fucked.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also can't we just watch a video of the eclipse at another point?

confirmed. now do it fag

>damage eyes with a flashlight to dilate your eyes
>damage eyes again with the sun

murican education

It's a kike kike kike world out there. I sense kikery very easy

DUDE it's rare that means it matters! LMAO

Just use binoculars or a magnifying glass.

>grab a piece of glass
>put it over a lighter
>fire creates a black smudge on the glass, you can look through it
>keep the glass in the fire only like a second, or its gonna burst and pieces of it will fly in your face

I'm just going to use my telescope.

But I will sell them to you for only 2 easy payments of 50% of the total cost of the glasses!
What a deal!

>They would rather everyone get cataracts in 10 years than stop paying income tax.
lmoa

Wait! I figured it out! Just do a bunch of hard drugs to get dilated pupils? Win win? You'll even see ayyy lmaos!

So what happens if you look at it for a second?

Checked

but if you go blind you can get gibs

Aliens are coming tommorow. They're going to use this to create a one world government.

Also, what if you look off to the side, with the sun in your peripherals? Shit happens all the time when driving into the sun.

#13 lens welding goggles
Dark film or lenses
tape dark film or lenses over #13 goggles

Minimum welding goggles for eclipse viewing is #14 lens type "rare in store" so get #13 and cover with filter, or extra set of darkening non magnifying lens.

I'm sold!
Here comes my life of reading books and playing video games just like I've always wanted!

If you get any amount of sunlight in your eye at all you risk blindness.