So, what are the chances this fails to pass?

So, what are the chances this fails to pass?

The postal vote is irrelevant.. Pointless waste of money as it will not be the law.
It is still up to the govt to vote

Yes, but surely if the population votes yes and the government doesn't pass it, it will give the left more ammo?
We need the population to vote no.

The Population will majority vote yes even if every Sup Forumsack votes no.
And the Libs will ignore it and force all members to vote No.
It i just delay tactics

The will most likely vote yes if the postal vote is in a majority in favour

100%
All western country's will become faglovers

HAHAHAHAHA
That is a good joke.

0%, it's a postal ballot so it's rigged by definition.

waste of fucking money
useless shit

do i get fined if i dont vote?

I'm actually not sure if it is compulsory.

What in the fuck?

Explain yourselves Aussies.

It's compulsory to vote in elections here, if you don't you get fined.

It will all end up in the High Court regardless of Yes or No...even in a parliamentary vote.

>Electors who fail to vote and do not provide a valid and sufficient reason for such failure, will be fined

You get fined $20 for failing to vote and that increases everytime you don't pay the fine by it's due date.

However, if you never register to vote, then you don't get fined :^)

I thought it was something like a $200 fine

Most people will vote No that's why they don't want a plebiscite.
Even if its NO the Gender Neutral advocates will take it to the High Court...and If its a Yes Pro Traditional Marriage advocates will do likewise. this will never be over.

Nope. I think it might vary state by state though but don't quote me on that. I've heard people say they were fined $50 but never heard anything above that amount.

maybe, maybe not. Alp locks their members to a yes vote, what's the problem if the lnp locks in no

Honestly, they should be voting for what the people in thier area wants

Zero, they will win the postal vote and this will enable (((Turnbull))) to change his position on poof marriage.

And this is my whole problem with the "free" or "conscience" vote. They just had like what, I weeks or so recess from parliament? All you had to do was order all members to go home and gather a consensus from their electorate then vote that way. Though desu I don't trust Labor members to not just bloc vote yes anyway

Unfortunately I think it's inevitable that it passes in the next few years, if not sooner. It's part of the general decline of our morals, standards and society.

I'll vote no, as I believe in Jesus' words on marriage:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” - Matthew 19:4

I also think "the Church" has lost the moral authority to tell others how to live their lives. Centuries of corruption and abuse eroded the position of trust it held in society.

This doesn't change the truth in God's words passed to us through the Bible.

People will do what they do - they have free will. I pray every day that more Australians will accept the Gospel. I not think this will happen.

I don't agree with gay marriage, but I don't hate them. I feel sorry for them.

After the vote if its YES then the wording of the law will take place.
It will be
1 Man and 1 Woman
1 Man and 1 Man
And
1 Woman and 1 Woman

wtf are those digs? If no one has called them, I'm going to on behalf of it failing to pass.

No you dont get fined in this one

Sportsbet odds are:

1.27 for Yes.
3.50 for No.

but they're always wrong, so fuck them.