Musician here...tired of living a lie

The music industry is a cesspool, and I'm sick of being forced to pump propaganda.

My band has little relevance, but I can absolutely attest to being forced to pump shitty music for the sake of just being a good person.

They shame anyone that doesn't pump their message. I was met with an insane amount of opposition once it was discovered that my band was becoming popular, and I refused to sing songs that were "stamped" with approval.

I was effectively frozen out of the scene. It's a shame because I play several instruments, and make catchy tunes. Now, I have a small business that is about to fail when I should be a very famous musician.

You guys make me laugh so hard...don't stop!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2b3BkXvY0EY
youtube.com/watch?v=gG_dA32oH44
youtube.com/watch?v=n_ZRRlVDVa8
youtu.be/gEX0s7yg2Sc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool story Jessie

>my art is le beautiful
>the world just isn't ready for it
>I'd be a rich and famous if the people weren't so closed minded

Ok fucking artist. Never heard this before.

You forgot , "I'm better than you"

P.s. You might be a fan and not know it

How's it going to feel when summer ends?

do you play metalcore you huge fag

No, I play piano...plus other instruments

Metal core can actually earn you decent money since all the kiddos are into it for being "extreme" I bet he is either one of these 4 chord song acoustic guitar fags or an untalented fruity loops "producer". Welcome to the real life looser. I'm a musician myself and I'm earning my living of producing other people's music, that way my music stays my hobby and I actually get to earn money without having to bend myself to the liking of others

Been told I sound like a girl

Gosh, I wish I was as talented as you

Do you live in Berlin? there's no money to be made in this town, and since everyone is a musician/DJ/blogger/designer etc, the irony is that this town is artistically lifeless.
The Tech House is awesome but it doesnt come much from Germoney iirc

I'm a musician myself and I live off a rent because I leech my family who noticed I wasn't going to do much in life and gave me a small flat in a nice location.

I smoke weed and shitpost all day

youtu.be/2b3BkXvY0EY

If this is actually you.... You have a new fan - you definitely have a new sound

I'm not gay btw... song is about my mother from her perspective

suck it up babby

if you think being a successful musician is being famous and the TV selling millions of records, I've got some bad news for you

Nah im living in the southern parts of germany. Well I feel like tech house is over saturated already since every kid with a mac book thinks he's a dj. My own music is more into the directions of industrial/ dark techno (pretty much the only guy around here which got me some nifty gigs) and my work life is mostly working with rappers from the local scene

Gotcha! Thx!!

So, how rough is LA? A lot of people itt think you're complaining that your music isn't well received, are you saying the industry just will not put you on if you don't get their approval?

nobody cares about your mother

Is that why this is a thing:

youtube.com/watch?v=gG_dA32oH44

Seriously music is filled with shit these days, I hated most music as a teenager because it was gay ass hip hop shit 90% of the time.

I like it

Listened to a few others, also pretty good

You've got a good voice, if a bit girly as you say, but I like it. Overall good sound

Don't give up

We still tour, but I am shunned from L.A. Music industry because I was told to be more accessible to left ideology. I refused and can not be be a musician that tours in Cali.

This. Most producers don't have some silly arts degree, they have psych degrees, and for reason.

must be a jewish conspiracy, huh?

Wake me up when September ends.

Milosh?

Taken in malibu

Dude Hang Me Out To Dry is a banger. I love you guys!
Why arent you doing Louder Than Life in Louisville?

Do you like Everything Everything?

Also is it possible to covertly red pill normies?

Wow, a fan on here...thanks!

Ive started working in the biz as a recording engineer / producer for other bands in a pretty well kitted studio. I got the job just through good contacts. Any idea what to expect ?

You do you, and your fan base will grow. Your in a playlist of mine and I hear your music fairly frequently. Keep up the good work.

God bless for the schekle!

Time stamp. Doubt you are from Cold War kids

Post your music.

Why do you have to pump shitty music? Produce your own shit and distribute it online by yourself.

Arent you guys on tour right now?

I am trying to learn to make some nice dungeon synth, can you give me some advise, like what I need to learn to directly go to the music creation, taking into account that I will only use the computer (looking for buying a cheap keyboard, but while I save money I will use just the piano roll). I have many ideas, many melodies in my head but when I try to put them on screen I fail miserably.
I dont want to be a professional composer, just an amateur enjoying and expressing myself.
I dunno man, there is actually people who never studied music theory or armony, and actually they sell albums and songs in iTunes and so.

Also becoming a professional composer is not an option. I am 32yo and in my country the whole career is 14 years. And this is if they admit me in the conservatory. So when I end the career I would be 46 or even more, and there is a chance I woudnt even be alive by then.

GREEN DAY or BLINK 182 or LIMP BISCUIT?

I'm guessing Greed Day since all of their music has been shit.

huh this is either true or a really weird prank. Cold War Kids are indie famous. Why are you wasting time on Sup Forums?

He said hes in Cold War Kids, read the thread

if this really is you (tho not sure why you would risk ID'ing yourself on Sup Forums of all places), hospital beds was my jam in high school.

I think it's a larp. He says he refuses to tour in cali. But pic related.

"every man i fall for"

is this about your gay boyfriend or something?

Larping fag
I also have a somewhat famous band in Spain

you guys are shit and sing like fags

i mean youre not even from the band youre pretending fuck off saged

Hi friend,

I haven't slept in weeks. Not a prank. We love this site, and I'm here to whine. We have been mistreated by industry because we speak truth and not commie shit. I'm well aware that this is lame. I am lame. Also, my mother is a whore (did I cover everything?).

I'm just here to meme.

huh yeah. Good prank tho! so far out of left field (no one has listened to the fucking Cold War Kids since ~2009) that it seemed possible.

Astroturfing my dude

>P.s. You might be a fan and not know it

hah alright man. you do you

LMAO this kid

What band?

Your music is shit if you need a major record label backing you.

so do you consider yourself right wing? like Sup Forums right wing?

>enters the music industry
>shocked they turned out exactly the way everyone thinks of them
Have you tried releasing everything on YouTube and soundcloud instead like a true indie youngster chap?

who in the industry mistreats you?
what does this mean exactly? like you can't play at certain venues?

I was hoping we could turn him into /our guy/ and finally get some based rock music.

If you are nathan, I guess this makes sense. Your last albums have been getting slightly worse each time.

Love you guys though

Don't forget my based buds in The Walkmen!

okay the left has the entire music industry. We have cold war kids, the walkmen, and a couple of reprobate soundcloud rappers.

I agree..the pressures of being shunned are affecting the music

You're just a bloody coward OP. It took a lot of irish blood, sweat and tears to get to where I'm at today. TLC had to hold Clive Davis at gunpoint to get money that was owed to them. Where's your balls lad?

>but I can absolutely attest to being forced to pump shitty music for the sake of just being a good person.
If you reframe it that you're not writing that shit "to be good ppl" but to extort money out of naive folks that "think they're good ppl" you suddenly make your power level rise.

I could name a few more

How does that work? Why would you even want to be in a major label if you make good music that speaks for itself?
I don't get it.

Tbqhwyf, if your music was better people would probably listen to it, no matter what the message was.

OP, I think you're a fucking larper, it even says on the CWKs wiki that they wrote a Trump protest song.
You got me faggot.

That's my guess.

I'm fucking poor. My wife and kids live off 30k a year

Love your music bro

Fag. The chambers can't come soon enough

Shit

Then get a job you absolute loser

A few questions...

How do you feel about Chris Cornell & Chester Bennington's weird suicide deaths? Do you think they were murdered?

How many female popstars are mind-controlled slaves?

How many musicians/artists are into pedophilia & drugs & satanic shit? Some speculate master tapes are used in demonic rituals.

Wtf, I absolutely support Trump

Why does no one at this site demand proof of anything anymore?

Cold war kids are solid, but can't imagine them rebelling against (((them))), gonna need some proof.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_ZRRlVDVa8
If these niggers can come out of nowhere, establish a record label, release an AOTY contender on it and reach up to 1M views on their music videos that they shot on a cheap DSLR, so can anyone who makes music that has an audience.

I know nothing of this... Chester was a very nice person

Why did you make a trump protest song

This is actually pretty good. Well done, user.

youtu.be/gEX0s7yg2Sc

"Locker room talk
I can’t believe
You think you’re gonna get around it
Dirt in your mouth
Mic on the sleeve
We all heard how it sounded

So many lies
Ya think that it's true
Try walking on water
With a brick in your shoes
You're gonna end up drowning

It took a long time to break these walls
And he wanna build 'em up
It takes a long time
To earn my trust
I'm gonna give it to the girl I love

a conquer the small
To live like a king
From way up in your tower
Show us your hand
We know you’re just bluffing
You got no real power
Keeping your word
Don’t mean a thing
All your friends turn in to enemies
How could you be grounded?

The hate in your heart
Everybody can see
Your head is hollow, man
You ain't fit to lead
Let's stand up and be counted

"locker room talk" by cold war kids

Jews run the music industry

Jews are everywhere where there is money, when it comes to America.

I know that's not your music OP
It's good but not yours.

Billy joe armstrong sucks dicks at the grammys ......prove me wrong

Did you promise them you'd never touch another drink as long as you live?

Which song? That's disappointing. Miracle mile is one of my favorite songs but I have zero problem dropping more bands.

>my mother from her perspective

No, my promise to my wife and children after I was arrested

youtu.be/gEX0s7yg2Sc
You're one of (((them)))

if anyone here actually thinks any musician would reveal their power level after what happened to diiv you are fake and gay

Wow that's disappointing, what a bunch of kikes

You guys listen to Mac Demarco?

Dann Gallucci, is that you?

Get fucked dude. That band is fuckin mainstream as shit. Love is mystical was number is 1 ternative song for months. People here are retarded.

Ska-P

I don't care if this guy is larping, but:
>Surprised when an industry with a direction want something that brings in the biggest profit and doesn't disturb the status quo.

You're either a businessman or an artist
The real "artist" starve in hobo shelters.
All of the successful artists are in it with a business mindset and I've seen this first hand.
Sure they do their own thing with their creation, but they make sure to keep it in line with what brings in the money and keeps them in the good graces of the patrons.
Which nowadays are basically government institutions.
Occasionally they're controversial, because that too sells, but it's not the standard that keeps them afloat.
If you want to make it, you have to mix both creation and business. But always having business as no.1 goal.
Business meaning a product that sells and is allowed to sell.