/poltech/ - Privacy Online & Alternate Technology Edition

Welcome to /poltech/,

Here we will help anons to protect themselves from botnets, malwares and government agencies as a whole.

There is a very high probability that you are being tracked and spied right now by your own government and private corporations than you are being hacked or targeted by cyber criminals. Especially if you are in any* version of Windows operating system and using google services on your phones or/and in your desktop like google chrome or Microsoft Edge.

If you are in Windows 10, you cannot turn off the spying even if you go through rigorous process of registry editing and "hacking" other elements of that operating system. Some of the telemetry servers are hardcoded into Windows10 builds. You simply cannot get rid of it no matter what unless you get rid of the OS itself.

So

Your first step to stay secured online is to install any* version of GNU/Linux operating system. For that, please refer to

But for ease I would like to recommend ubuntu. It is a good starter distro and you don't have to use command line if you really don't want to. Installation is self explanatory, only requirement is to be able to read.

------------------------------------------------------------
Ask your questions about linux and browsers. I will try my best to help you and I hope other /tech/ anons will also join in.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Web_browsers
github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardDNS
techrepublic.com/article/is-the-intel-management-engine-a-backdoor/
semiaccurate.com/2017/05/01/remote-security-exploit-2008-intel-platforms/
9to5mac.com/2017/03/23/wikileaks-vault-7-cia-exploits-mac-iphone/
scmagazineuk.com/remote-access-bug-in-intel-amt-worse-than-we-thought-says-researcher/article/655543/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Second step is to choose your browser carefully, even though if you are on linux it doesn't really matter. It is based on personal preference and customization. But do not listen to Brave shills. One of the reason I created this thread is because of the misinformation going on around secured browser, which Brave is NOT!
Google Chrome is also a no go for obvious reasons. You have Chromium (on linux), Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex (all skinned Chromium) or you have Firefox and its forks.
For more information on browers please see wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Web_browsers

With browers comes addons. You probably are familiar with popular addons. But if you want to be secured, use the following addons.
1. ublock origin
2. HTTPS everywhere/Smart HTTPS
3. anti adblock killer
4. Google search link fix
5. uBlock Origin Extra (for chromium based browsers)

These are the basic addons everyone should have. Lots of normies and nubeta males will say that they want to support websites they like with ads. Well, suck my fat dick faggots. We do not support any website with ads. KYS kike loving faggots! Having said that, if you want to totally block ads on all of your device at once, you can use adguard's DNS address on your router directly. It will block ads on all devices connected to your router or "wifi". For more info on this see github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardDNS
Or simply go to your "DHCP" section of your router and put their IP addresses in DNS fields and save.

Also a reminder to uninstall Adobe Flash player and Adobe PFD reader from your computers. They are verified malwares like Windows OS.

how can i watch underage grills without getting arrested?

What do you think of mesh networks for communicating with a small group of people relatively close to each other (a radius of 4 km, for example)? I'm kinda sick of having everything I use taken down.

>2017
>Linux

Yeah how about you keep your 2006 with you? Thanks

Try Windows 10 ltsb

Are you telling me it's possible to smash the Jewish Bohemoth using a Personal Computer?

Technology rules!

Go outside

my setup

Thinkpad X200
Libreboot
GNU/Linux with libre kernel
VPN based in non 14-eyes country
No smartphone
and absolutely NO social media

kek

If you have windows 10, installing Spybot anti-beacon might not be a bad idea either.

If you have windows 10, you might as well eat a bullet because you will never have actual privacy.

I use an IBM X40 with Debian 9 with systemd removed, as well as numerous security enhancements, tickless clock, undervolted, and get ten plus hours of run time on a new $29 chinese battery.

Browsing is actually fast enough. I did put an SSD in, which helped a lot.

It's the finest laptop ever made.

We haven't had real privacy since 1983.

Still no excuse to be lazy.

Are you seriously trying to say that even though it's difficult to obtain better privacy that that makes it not worth trying?

CIA please go.

Your BIOS still has proprietary firmware, and the CPU is so old on the X40 there isn't much you can do with it on the modern web beyond light browsing. Why not get an X60 for $40 and flash it with libreboot? Also, there's nothing wrong with systemd, I can't stand those faggots on Sup Forums who constantly whine about it. If Ubutnu and Debian both switched to systemd, and RMS has no issue with it, it can't be that bad. It's worked great for me.

systemd has had some arguably laughable security gaffes, but they are being found and corrected.
That's not malice, its just new code growing up.

>there isn't much you can do with it on the modern web beyond light browsing
Not true, I can do anything on the modern web just fine. I've yet to run into a site that gives me problems excepting video streaming sites which use proprietary codecs like YT. Even in those cases I can use youtube-dl to extract the video and watch it on the machine here. I can watch full HD video without issue.

BTW I also have an X61s and a T60, both of which are newer and faster but neither of which is as comfy. I also have numerous older Thinkpads from the good old days.

Puts too many eggs in one basket and I don't care about boot time because I rarely ever reboot a computer. Also the developer's a haughty retard and an SJW.

That's true of any code. There are far more contributors to systemd than the alternatives, so it will only get better in time.

Protip for Firefox-family users: NoScript still provides passive protection against XSS, Clickjacking, and lots of other nasty behavior even set to allow scripts globally. There is

No. Though I will say that until recently, the trick was to blend in.

Example...

About 100 years ago I worked loss prevention for a large company.

We had 2000 stores, all of which had surveillance systems in them.

So, each day 48,000 hours worth of videotape were produced.

Now, at any given moment, there were shenanigans happening at least 100-200 stores.

So why were we not able to bust them all?

Simple, because surveillance was only 1/2 of the equation. The other half is to be able to monitor them; which is physically impossible given the number of stores.

So how did we do it? We looked for clues and evidence from other sources. Then, when a particular store came into focus, THAT is when we pulled the tapes to take a look.

The same is (or at least was) the same with the internet.

We all know that the entire internet is recorded and archived. Where the problem comes in is monitoring it.

So, algorithms are created that look for key words or certain actions; and it is these that convince them to look closer.

So, in many ways, acting in a suspicious way doesn't prevent you from being a target, it helps you to become a target.

For example... let's say you're monitoring 1000 random people. And in doing so you see that 900 are using windows, 99 are using mac, but 1 is using a TOR browser for 3 hours of activity a night.

Which one do you think will be the first to be noticed?

Which gets to my main point... there is value in blending in.

Even if browsing the web isn't an issue for your internet habits, my point remains that your machine still uses proprietary firmware to start it up. X61s can't be librebooted, which is why I switched mine with an X60s.

*There is good synergy with uBlock and the other addons mentioned by doing this, and if you're paranoid you can turn NoScript all the way on.

>About 100 years ago I worked loss prevention for a large company.
What's your secret anti-aging technique?

Sadly this is probably where I leave you gentlemen

I'm a grade A shitposter but I do it from my iphone

>not using templeOS

>Also the developer's a haughty retard and an SJW.
That's a red herring. The developer of libreboot is a tranny, but I could care less. The libreboot project is brilliant and offers users a truly free (as in freedom) computing experience.

Terry Davis memes on Sup Forums ... never thought I'd see the day

That sounds way too fucking autistic and unconventional for everyday use dude

We will have completely libre hardware eventually. Risc-V or the patents falling off old stuff like with J-Core will open the door. Manufacturing will get cheaper and more decentralized. Even with shitty die sizes if we through enough cpus at something we will have enough power. The tipping point is when some kind of commodity priced libre hardware in the niche similar to the Rasberry Pi is released.

>Terry Davis memes on Sup Forums ... never thought I'd see the day
I don't see how he hasn't been memed before on here. The guy is a walking meme.

>typing in one command and bypassing all of Youtube's ads and bullshit is 'autistic'
ok

I'm comfy like this, the hardware backdoors weren't mandated for unclusion until early 2008 AFAICT.

>Terry Davis memes on Sup Forums ... never thought I'd see the day
There are pretty much daily threads, you're clearly a redditor

>blending in
nah that doesn't help, just makes it easier for (((them))) to record all your habits

i'd rather make them work harder for my shizz than they do for a normie's

also i don't do anything illegal online so they have to put in extra time and effort with no actual reward

>downloading offline copies of anything you want to watch online ever because you're scared of using a dual boot for normie activities and other activities and codecs scare you isn't autistic
K

Right, the Intel ME wasn't introduced until 2006, so you're fine as far as hardware backdoors. I was thinking of it from more of an ethical issue (ie RMS style autism).

Fuck off, I don't read every thread on Sup Forums don't pretend that Terry or Stallman memes are common here which was what I was getting at

>Fuck off, I don't read every thread on Sup Forums don't pretend that Terry or Stallman memes are common here which was what I was getting at
>that response
yep I was complete right

>scared
not the right word, jealous of my privacy

also i delete shit after I watch it

did you realize that when you stream you're essentially doing the same thing but without the benefit of a real file afterward?

CSIS plz go

>I was thinking of it from more of an ethical issue (ie RMS style autism).
I'm more of a BSD tard but I get better battery life with Linux on this thing.

you will never succeed even slightly in this. you will not make even a small amount of headway. you will actually just attract more attention to yourself automatically.

you're supremely below average in intelligence if you actually think it's either possible, or worth it, or even right to try and avoid your governments surveillance. there are other ways of being inconspicuous and this is probably the best way to be conspicuous.

linux. lol. 110% fucking complete spyware, you are unable to conceal anything at all. you don't have the power to do so.

but by all means, get yourself flagged by acting sketchy.

Do you use openbox?

>linux. lol. 110% fucking complete spyware
Bullshit. Maybe ubuntu, but that's about it

XFCE actually.

It's a comfy feel. Even have image previews in the file picker.

Nice. I'm a huge Xfce fan, been using it for 10 years.

There was the dumb amazon shopping lens in unity about 4 years ago that was questionable, and then they disabled it due to massive pushback from the community, and rightfully so. Ubuntu is perfectly fine now, although I recommend people remove the nonfree repo's and install the libre kernel.

Does anyone here have any experience with mesh networks? Also, every pc you buy after 2006 is pretty much NSA?

>Also, every pc you buy after 2006 is pretty much NSA?
The Intel ME was introduced in 2006, but this can be removed with a free BIOS like libreboot.

You want to look into BATMAN and ALFRED, and yeah pretty much every post-2006 computer is a botnet. On the other hand, the Windows backdoors let in more CIA niggers than the NSA and Intel.

So much unfounded paranoia.

Thanks a ton guys.

Avon cosmetics

not op, but i've seen some of the shit they supposedly use and how they do it. They are not as competent as everyone thinks. its literally a hand full of super autistic guys finding exploits and mediocre coders making programs with those exploits.

>unfounded
Hello five eyes retard, prove me wrong.

NP.

(((alt-right))) honeypot

*removed from selected platforms

it mostly because they pay sucks and the top guys don't really want to work there.

Snowden's leaks showed us that there is shit that's Star Trek fancy being used to spy on people.

No you prove me wrong your the nut who thinks that your PC hardware is spying on you.

yawn

techrepublic.com/article/is-the-intel-management-engine-a-backdoor/

semiaccurate.com/2017/05/01/remote-security-exploit-2008-intel-platforms/

9to5mac.com/2017/03/23/wikileaks-vault-7-cia-exploits-mac-iphone/

scmagazineuk.com/remote-access-bug-in-intel-amt-worse-than-we-thought-says-researcher/article/655543/

How do I protect my router to be pirated by my neighbor??

>It's a comfy feel. Even have image previews in the file picker.
Screenshot please.

Yes, which is why I recommend people get an X200 or T400 which can be found on ebay for $80 in good condition.

How much does the CIA pay you to shitpost here? Are the rates good?

>that's right, goy! Windows Is evil! Buy my stuff!
t. Linuxfags

Ultimate redpill: every operating system Is jewed. Even Linux as It perhaps has some hidden spying mechanism that hadn't been discovered yet. The only way to escape the Jew's Influence Is to live off the land as a hermit In some cottage In the middle of nowhere without any contact with the outside world

It's already acknowleged by Intel dummy. Look up iAMT / vPro.

This isn't 2008 when your concern shilling was effective, this is the post-Snowden era.

Tell your commander you're a shit info-warrior, you should be cleaning latrines.

Use WPA2 with a strong passphrase, and disable the PIN stuff.

>Even Linux as It perhaps has some hidden spying mechanism that hadn't been discovered yet
>open source
nigger you are dumb as fuck

>buy
>Linux
Are you retarded or just Bulgarian? People in first world countries have sufficient bandwidth to download the installer themselves.

check zeronet.io faggots
help spread good idea, and help develop

Zeronet is retarded. It's leaky as fuck and way too heavy to run 24/7 at home.

Oh, that's just the standard gtk3 Firefox filepicker. It works the same everywhere from GNOME to twm.

I love zeronet.
Do you guys use XFCE or KDE?

I use Fluxbox (most systems) or GNOME (hidpi).

Will I have to enter two passwords to log in the wifi?

Not asking you to use it for illegal content,
no need to run it 24/7 at all.
But the more people use it, the more it gets tested, and developed.
Treat it like a long term investment.

Time may come it will be the only place to say "nigger", don't let it die.

The only issue in linux is if you have nonfree firmware (ie wifi, graphics, or going deeper into the BIOS) that you can't audit. If you have a system that is 100% free, then you're fine. If you think even the free software has hidden spying, I will pay you $1,000 in BTC right now to point to the line of code that is compromised.

>perhaps
LOL

As opposed to the commercial ones which we know for a fact have the spyware and backdoors.

People are moving away from such shit anyway, getting back to our roots with 9front.

No. Just disable the "WPS" PIN entry stuff.

Thanks bro

Fuking hell, commodore pet - I learned to program on one of those. Fucking petscii graphics and a tape drive...

>bin shortcut

hmm

The only real valid one you pointed out in that list was the vault 7 leak.

I am not a shill. I just get tired of people concerning themselves with things that are not relevant when it comes to hiding from the government online. Think about it, how would they actually use so called CPU backdoor to spy on you. If it can indeed access the computers entire memory do you realize just how much data they would have to read out and transfer over the internet just to track one person activities. Realistically they track you more by getting you to sign up for web services, filling out online forms ect. Other stuff is mainly a distraction

Is there really a point? I use Linux, browse with Firefox with the anti-surveillance addons on and I even taped my laptop's camera shut. The setup seems to somewhat work - for example when I do get ads they're completely unrelated to my internet activity or my life in general which seems to indicate lack of accurate surveillance of my browsing habits. However, I guess I'm owned by the intelligence community anyway if they were interested in my online activity. What's the point?

See constant shilling for Vivaldi in browser threads
>okay, install Vivaldi
>see bookmark presets
>oh, let's check the News suggestions
>CNN, Huff, Wapo, jewters, guardian, time

INTO THE FUCKING TRASH IT GOES.
I can't believe some people are seriously shilling for it on Sup Forums

I'm sort of computer illiterate. Does ad nausea work? Isn't it just giving money to advertisers?

They don't necessarily need to do it for all computers, just ones they're interested in. And they don't necessarily need to store the data, just analyze it in real time and save things that are anomalous. This isn't theoretical, this is actually happening right now. You just admitted the Vault 7 leak was a valid point to my argument.

poorfag
that hand

>Think about it, how would they actually use so called CPU backdoor to spy on you.
Regardless of what credential backdoors may or may not be in it, Intel Management Engine's remote access uses a specific port range. Use something without IME that's not a consumer product for your firewall and block those ports at the network edge.

The real problem is cell phones. Cell phone baseband firmware is proprietary by law, and REQUIRED to accept arbitrary updates over the air. Most of these basebands also have direct access to system RAM.

>modern web
>browsing
CIANIGGER CONFIRMED
I BET YOU NEVER EVEN WROTE A COMPILER YOU NIGGER.

Why is there a half of a spruce tree next to your id?

What kind of a retard installs a (((closed, proprietary browser)))? Anyone who installs that is so dumb and computer illiterate it's painful to watch.

This is exactly why I ditched my smartphone. Got a flip phone instead that I keep off most of the time with the battery out.

XFCE ON X40 IS
A E S T H E T I C

I never got into social media, been a shut in since before it had its big boom, is it true it's considered suspect not to have it now?

Does Sup Forums have a tox group?

It's not so much spyware, it's GNUlag'd
See, Stallman is a marxist kike spy and GNU is a system by which innovation is stifled in favor of ideology. so...yeah. The GNU portion of GNU/Linux is spyware.

Those are brother and sister.

I'm the same way, and yes, it is somewhat suspect, people mostly know me as that nerdy, tinfoil hat guy that doesn't use social media who caries a thinkpad with him everywhere.

Machine learning has made this no longer a viable strategy. Enormous numbers of people can have their personal data analysed and checked for patterns in behaviour.

if it works like it claims to be then it is a wonderful tool to kill google. But stick with ublock and let it kill itself in coming days.
lol yup. Also I see you are using Windows user. What's stopping you from installing linux?

I think the point here is make their job harder. You are not alone in this fight.

Styxenhammer spoke about alternative browsers in a recent video... like somethinh-moon

fade moon, bleak moon...

styx said firefox just got SJW censor in some way.

This is both wrong and retarded. GNU/Linux has more competition at almost every layer of the stack than Windows. Different shells, init systems, display servers, package managers, filesystems, everything. GNU/Linux as it exists today is very different than GNU/Linux of a decade ago because of that competition.

People like to ignore this because it makes them uncomfortable. It also doesn't help that the most common platforms (Windows 7/8.x/10, Android, Chrome, Steam, etc.) are DESIGNED to data mine the users, so the feds can just issue one warrant and get data on millions of people.