TRUMP SET TO ANNOUNCE TROOP INCREASE IN AFGHANISTAN

Trump to lay out U.S. strategy for Afghanistan on Monday night

>President Donald Trump will lay out his long-awaited U.S. strategy for the war in Afghanistan in a prime-time television address to the American people on Monday night, the White House said on Sunday, with a modest increase in U.S. troops possible.
>A White House statement said Trump's 9 p.m. (0100 GMT Tuesday) speech from Fort Myer, Virginia, near Washington, would "provide an update on the path forward for America's engagement in Afghanistan and South Asia."

reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-afghanistan-idUSKCN1B00S2

Nope, just like the climate agreement. He will pull out.

Trumps pull out game is too strong.

Trump has dozens of neo-cons whispering in his ear, if he announces withdrawal from Afghanistan tonight I will eat shit in public

You wont. You better make a post on here with video evidence.

Fine, but what do I do when he announces more "military advisors" or whatever sent there?

What a fucking idiot. Eisenhower bought the boat and every fucking president since has been throwing more money into the ocean trying to get that boat seaworthy. If Trump doesn't announce that we're pulling out then he's just as dumb as the rest of them.

BUSH'S THIRD TERM CONFUCKINGFERMED

Bush 3 launches Surge 2

good job goys. Send your children to die on the middle of some fucking desert, thousands of miles away from their home and family.

Oh! Don't forget to (((lose))) billions of dollars worth of equipment and weapons there as well.

yay, more white men dying for Israel!
I'm so glad we voted Trump! This is way better than Hillary!

>year is 2065
>I'm now 73
>collecting SS and living off Medicare (if those programs still exist
>our 64 year in Afghanistan
>taliban control 99% of the country outside of Kabul
>1,000,000 US dead
>999999999999999999999 zillion dollars spent
>but it was all worth it in the end to turn Afghanistan (Kabul) democratic.

>America first

Mmmm hmmmm.

My friend is about to go to boot camp, and he was told he would be going to Afghanistan later on.

i just don't care about fucking afghanistan
we have been there since i was a child, and we are still there, playing these stupid games and pretending that it is possible to get stuff done there
we should leave immediately

Wtf? A 16 year war. Trump wants to win wars not lose them. This one is unwinnable. Pull out bitch!

It's over m8, neocons won after Bannon left, but even Bannon wanted "private contractors" in Afghanistan. We are fucked.

>>year is 2065
>collecting SS and living off Medicare (if those programs still exist

They do not.

>itt. people who think troop surge = warmongering

We either need to pull out 100% (best option) or ensure that we have enough of a presence (ok option). Trump didn't start this war, to lay the blame on him now is absurd.

i honestly liked the PMC idea

He's doing this announcement at fort Meyers, I can't see him announcing withdrawal/ no further engagement there BUT if he did I would think about getting onboard again. It would be a huge fuck you to McCuckster and every other faggot that gets hard to the prospect of military engagement. The wall will have to start going up for real and have another /our guy/ in the WH for me to be comfy on he trump train again. If he announces the 4,000 more troops saying we're going to "finish what we started" (just like Obama did in 09) I'll know the presidency is over.

your maga hat is on real tight

muh blumfy wumpfy!

What exactly is the objective in Afghanistan?

If we pulled out, what would we lose? The favor of shekelshysters?

If we blitzed it, what would we win? More military contracts? What is the actual purpose of occupying Afghanistan for over a decade? Whatever narrative you prefer, Bin Laden is long dead. Isn't that "mission accomplished?"

I miss this guy

:( sad

Ha

I figured day one that trump would stay in Iraq and Afghanistan but I just hope he doesn't put more troops in any new nations.

If obama would not have entered into Northern Africa i probably would have voted for him back in 2012.

I think he will get us out

Just maybe not right away or as quick as we like

Afghanistan isn't a desert you idiot.

Make Afghanistan America!

>sending more troops isn't warmongering

What kind of bleach you drinking?

>but I just hope he doesn't put more troops in any new nations.

LITTLE LATE FOR THAT M8

Has he done any regime change? I think not.

>Has he done any regime change? I think not.

Not yet, but soon

Only in for 6 months and US troops sent to Syria and Somalia without a peep from Congress.

Why not just annex Afghanistan at this point?
We fucked up their system of government so hard that any attempt to leave will only shittier governments?

Afghanistan is actually the pretty awesome. Lots of mountains, and arid areas like Colorado

>I will do what no one in history has ever done. Not Alexander, not Ghengis Khan.
>I will conquer Afghanistan.

Good point. I think the global economy is going to crash soon. That is why I just want to prepare.

Does Trump think 4,000 Americans will do what 100k could not?

He can't pull out.

It will be Iraq 2.0 ISIS, AQ, and the Taliban will gain complete control in a matter of months and force a larger response in a couple years.

There's no good choice, but we can't leave now

>30 days to defeat ISIS

Sooooooooo..................................................where are we with that?

The fear now is India vs china right? I can see why we need to be there but still I would rather not be.

I see from this pic that Trump uses salt on an already very high sodium Kentucky Fried Chicken. Which means Trump may have high blood pressure.

>t. Neocon
We are going to lose Afghanistan whether in 1 day or 10 years.

Will Afghanistan make us go bankrupt.

He will lose reelection 100% if he pulls out and the country falls.

The neocons will win and nothing will change.

it's not that simple

We funded Isis.... the pullout obama did failed because we backed the bad guys.

20tril in debt. You make up your mind on that issue.

It does not matter. Afghanistan will be lost. As soon as we leave, the Taliban will take over the country in in six months. Trump is not going to get reelected due to Afghanistan.

4d chess?

Go near any military base and see all the people with prosthetic limbs, terrible burns and scars, and then look at how many military people kill themselves after coming home from there. None of it was worth it and we are never going to win anything over there. Trump knows this he has said this and if he continues on with the war pigs game plan he can go to hell. Good night and God bless America.

He better fucking not.

Afghanistan is not even a functioning state ha. Your comment shows you know nothing about the region.

Yes. The goatfuckers who are in the most difficult terrain in the world, and who defeated the Soviets and now the Americans will get BTFO by Trump

Not if we have Mattis at the helm

Lots of beheadings, rape, explosions, tribal disputes, disease, clitorectomies, honor killings, death, and goats too.

Yeah, just like Bush and Obama didn't, you fucking retard.

You are retarded. Seriously. That is why Afghanistan will fall.

Pretty much this. I'll give trump 3 years like I did obama.

God fucking damn it I hate Trump so much.

He has gotten completely cucked and assimilated by the Globalists and the establishment. I warned the entire time that this would happen, and you all called me CTR and "shill" and all of that BS, but now it turns out I was right all along.

Trump is a lying, backstabbing NY-kike real estate shyster who has betrayed every single campaign promise he ever ran on.

Hoping this mirrors the Korea strategy: flex some muscles then gtfo

another campaign promise fulfilled. Thank god we elected a globalist like Trump.

Fall to what? A more of a cursed land? Again what was the goal in Afghanistan? We changed the mission like 3 times already.

He didn't win Afghanistan when he was a general.
We have not left Afghanistan. /ptg/ should really learn what the fuck they are talking about. Iraq had a lower murder rate than Mexico, and turned into a complete shithole in three years. Your (((nation building))) does not work.

Afghanistan is not Iraq. Trump is trying to uncluster the fucking mess that Obama left by pulling out troops too early.

It's better we spend another ten years there and have it be somewhat of a success story than just make it a legacy of US foreign inetervention incompetetance

Taliban control, what it was before we invaded.

What was the other option? If obama would not have ended it than no one would have.

McCain was correct, this is a 100 year war.

Troop numbers don't mean shit, it's the strategy. What is he planning with these extra troops? There's around 5'000 already with an additional 8'000 NATO troops. What the fuck is an extra 4'000 going to do, guard Opium fields?

wew lad

I guess so

R.O.E. BTFO

What a cuck

>Only in for 6 months and US troops sent to Syria and Somalia without a peep from Congress.

He inherited that.

this is what nationalist retards like obama don't get. You can't just focus on your own country. Globalists like Trump are making us win again.

The people had it better under the taliban then America.

America fucked up the farmers and created mass starvations.

Again Afghanistan is a tribal state.

The Taliban is a proxy of the ISI.

That America created ha.

So do we stay there forever? What exactly is the trigger point for leaving? When there aren't terrorists in the Middle East?

Being short sighted is not focusing on your own country. It's being irresponsible.

Reminder that troops in Afghanistan essentially mean troops towards the Chinese border and the passageway to support India.

Expect some serious shit to go down if the India - China conflict escalates.

100 year war "john McCain"

Tell that to his kids.

We don't need to focus on America, Trump understands that what we need is to be intervening militarily throughout the world.

STEVE BANNON IS A ZIONIST WHO INVENTED THE TERM ALT LITE

such many cases

This is my thinking to.

The terrorists you talk about are funded by wealthy, regionally powerful countries (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Qatar, Pakistan). That is how they fight their wars. We have no reason to be over there other than petrodollar. Just like in Vietnam, it is a losing fight.

If he goes with continued engagement, he has to wipe out opium production, too. It weakens the enemy on more fronts, faster.

>mfw Trump announces a surge in PMC's in Afghanistan

I thought he does not announce plans?

>The people had it better under the taliban then America.

Apart from the AfPak border provinces, most people in Afghanistan disagree with your outsider expertise.

Thanks for your great info ops to brainwash western college kids, Ivan.

>Reminder that troops in Afghanistan essentially mean troops towards the Chinese border and the passageway to support India.

A few thousand troops positioned and equipped for mission specific COIN would be of next to fuck all use to cross the border into China. Expecially when you entire Divisions set up for that kind of task sitting in South Korea and Japan.

I've been away for a few days. Why is Trump threatening to invade Afghanistan again?

If he's that retarded then I'm off the Trump Train. What is so attractive about that hell hole to neocohens? Its just a bunch of sandstone occupied by 8th century shepherds

Also if people would study Muhammad and Islamic text people would realize there is no way any of these nations will be our friends.

We should just frack more and try to spread Americanism in Central America.

>138501290
questioning Trump is treason you cuckold.

You are telling me it is fun getting bombed at by America on a daily bases?

Also it is cool having thugs that harass you funded by America to be a good thing?

Omg you are so blue pilled ha!

>legalize pot in US
>import pure Afghan Kush to placate stupid liberals
>import pure Afghan poppies, dominate world market on medical opiates
>Subjugate the Chinese again by flooding them with tons of opium
>Corner the market of poppy seeds for bagels to price gauge Jewish bakeries and delis

All this talk surrounding this and not a word has come out about Trump talking to Ashraf Ghani. I assume he's talked to the Afghan president but is there a chance he hasn't?

Does he have to?

It's all about India/china.

So what is there to gain in Afghanistan at the moment? What's changed in the last 3 or 4 days, is the mastermind behind truck of peace attack number 559009878934 holed up in a cave somewhere or what?

how do you eat kfc with a fork?

Trump says its a good idea. You think you're smarter than him? don't make me laugh you fucking shill.