‘Nanoweapons’ the size of insects pose a bigger threat than nuclear missiles, expert warns

>‘Nanoweapons’ the size of insects pose a bigger threat than nuclear missiles, expert warns

uk.news.yahoo.com/nanoweapons-the-size-of-insects-pose-a-bigger-threat-than-nuclear-missiles-expert-warns-100928522.html

>The United States, as well as Russia and China, are spending billions of dollars per year developing nanoweapons, but all development is secret.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/will-the-united-states-use-nanoweapons-to-resolve-the_us_595d50ebe4b08f5c97d066c0

>Nanoweapons are the most likely military weapons to render humanity extinct in this century.

jstor.org/stable/j.ctt1m3p0v7

>Mini-nukes and mosquito-like robot weapons being primed for future warfare

cnbc.com/2017/03/17/mini-nukes-and-inspect-bot-weapons-being-primed-for-future-warfare.html

>The United States, China, and Russia are already locked in a new arms race to gain nanoweapons supremacy. Evidence suggests each major player is developing insect size drones, such as the United States Army's recently announced "fly drone," for surveillance and offensive missions.

>Millions of insect size drones, referred to as nanobots, are projected to become the new weapons of mass destruction. But controlling millions of nanobots is difficult; once released, they may go beyond an adversary's boarders and kill indiscriminately.

bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2017/04/04/PH53562

>One briefcase filled with nanoparticles may be enough to wipe out a metropolis.

books.google.com/books?id=14E1DgAAQBAJ

>For example, in 2014, the Army Research Laboratory announced the creation of a “fly drone” weighing only a small fraction of a gram. This drone could conceivable fly into an adversary’s command post and provide surveillance or into the adversary’s dining area to deposit a nano poison.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/are-nanoweapons-paving-the-road-to-human-extinction_us_59332a52e4b00573ab57a3fe

Other urls found in this thread:

jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Kara-I-wasnt-revealing-state-secrets-about-the-robots-482616
youtube.com/watch?v=zIRoIdpNyZc
youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA
reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-nsa-idUSKCN0W35M8
technologyreview.com/s/423871/cell-phones-microwaves-and-the-human-health-threat
ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521095727.pdf
icecube.lbl.gov
europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2015/572806/EPRS_BRI(2015)572806_EN.pdf
phys.org/news/2016-01-killer-robots-late-scientists-davos.html
tass.com/defense/902921
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-hackers-ready-hit-back-if-russia-disrupts-election-n677936
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo
washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/03/spinning-obamas-reference-to-isis-as-a-jv-team
unvis.it/washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/03/spinning-obamas-reference-to-isis-as-a-jv-team
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hated_in_the_Nation_(Black_Mirror)
imdb.com/title/tt2758950/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baikal_Deep_Underwater_Neutrino_Telescope
educ.jmu.edu//~omearawm/ph101willtobelieve.html
youtube.com/watch?v=K0-GxoJ_Pcg#t=1m4s
bbc.com/news/technology-40995835
youtube.com/watch?v=5q5rsQJpGV0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports
blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/08/09/the-u-s-military-is-preparing-for-the-real-star-wars
dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/476182/Russia-developing-star-wars-space-weapons
spaceflightinsider.com/missions/defense/russian-soyuz-2-1b-rocket-successfully-launches-tundra-satellite
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_(1984_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Variety
youtube.com/watch?v=b-cOipzmFhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how are they supposed to kill people? poison?

just jam the signals

yah, that's the most obvious way

Imagine a swarm of bullets that can target soft spots, move through the target in a very lethal fashion (destroy heart/brain/arteries), exit the target and move on to the next.

Just the moment i scrolled through this thread a insect flew before my screen.

Should i be worried?

A drone that size do not have the effect of a "bullet" like you see in movies, it will probably be more like being swarmed by a cloud of angry flesh eating bees. Not sure which is worse.

Disassemble you on molecular level.

A bit like being eaten alive by a cloud of nanobots.

that just seems like sci fi to me though. even if it was possible to build how would produce them on a scale big enough to actually cause more problems than spending the same amount of resources on other weapons

They'll be able to self-replicate by using disassembled matter like replicators.

Well one such cloud can wipe out an army or a country without leaving radiation like nukes.

>Israel’s development of robots that can identify and exterminate Hamas and Hezbollah leaders is no secret, and the fact that such efforts are being carried out by civilian companies demonstrates this, Minister- without-Portfolio Ayoub Kara said late Saturday night.

>Some of the robots would be as small as flies, and they would start operating soon, he said.

jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Kara-I-wasnt-revealing-state-secrets-about-the-robots-482616

Bump

>>Israel’s development of robots that can identify and exterminate Hamas and Hezbollah leaders is no secret, and the fact that such efforts are being carried out by civilian companies demonstrates this, Minister- without-Portfolio Ayoub Kara said late Saturday night.
>>Some of the robots would be as small as flies, and they would start operating soon, he said.
>jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Kara-I-wasnt-revealing-state-secrets-about-the-robots-482616

Hmm, that's interesting because I heard about them doing this about 5 years ago where a lot of videos started to pop up... I think picrelated highly circulated online... I wonder how far they got with the tech now

youtube.com/watch?v=zIRoIdpNyZc

cool video romaniabro

I dunno about chemtrails being used to track people tho. seems unnecessary when there are easier ways to do it already

Man, I love this subjects! Wish thread would stay up so we can develop it further like it would happen in a normal forum ... but oh well we are on 4chins and Sup Forums is quite a fast board.

I did not see the docu of "what in the world are they spraying", it surface years ago, never had time to watch. You bringing this subject up, makes me wonder what came out of it. have you seen it?

Chemtrails I believe serve a different purpose and not the one they will use the robobugs for.. have you heard of morgellons disease might happen due to chemtrails

NEET master race going to outlive every normie getting pricked with superAIDS from commie robot bugs

Say hello to the CIA

I've done some research on chemtrails and concluded it's likely harmless.

The Air Force does have cloud-seeding technology and other methods to change the weather, but I don't think they're spraying chemicals to target people or anything like that

people are already largely chemically controlled and they do it to themselves; over 90% of Americans drink caffeine every day, etc.

Here is that docu on chemtrails i was talking about if you ever get the chance to watch it
youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA

What do you think will replace the microchip everybody talked about ? phones? everybody has them with them?

heard some medicines might come with microchips to monitor patiences

This find a way to distrubt the signal and boom, nuclear war instead of pussy nanonigger bots

How exactly would one even protect himself against nanobots? Assuming it's small mosquito-like poisoners. By electric infetterence? By wearing power suit?

The future is a fucking dystopia. All it requires is just one group to decide they want to annhilate everyone but themselves, and they have the incentive because if they don't, they will be the ones targeted.

Everything we use in day-to-day life was sci-fi to people 100 years ago, and we're advancing at a much faster rate than they were back then.

Mfw bogdabots werent a mene

>pic related
gonna get forceably vaccinated
you will be assimilated #resistanceisfutile
we've sure come quite a bit far since >pic related
aryan AI gets #jewwise and finally does what "we" only wish we could #order66 #GTK #AIfinalsolution #hitlersrevenge

I'll check it out

>What do you think will replace the microchip everybody talked about ? phones? everybody has them with them?

yah, smart phones are dangerous

>NSA chief says 'when, not if' foreign country hacks U.S. infrastructure

reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-nsa-idUSKCN0W35M8

>Cell Phones, Microwaves And The Human Health Threat

>The microwaves that cell phones emit can interact with human tissue in an entirely new way, says theoretical biologist at a government lab

technologyreview.com/s/423871/cell-phones-microwaves-and-the-human-health-threat

>THE EFFECT OF MICROWAVES ON THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM

ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521095727.pdf

etc.

strong enough suit maybe, but you'd also need to protect your air and water supply. and then there are other bots too besides poison ones. there also explosive ones and god knows...

realistically speaking, considering nanobots are just one of the new weapons we'll see (also tectonic weapons, satellite weapons, cobalt nukes, etc.), when ww3 breaks out you will need to be in a very high tech bunker somewhere deep underground, or outer space?

I'm heading to Antarctica, god willing

icecube.lbl.gov

pic related

europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2015/572806/EPRS_BRI(2015)572806_EN.pdf

then again, maybe when neets/weebs get sexbots, chicks will get freaky in thier own way.
>pic related
looks like she's have a quicky O in the toilet stall on her lunch break. LOL

mosquito net

Powerful radio signals, magnetic fields or X-ray "doors". For all the shit people theorize about them they can't actually chew through stone at any reasonable rate and will run out of power or break down before they can destroy a normal wall. Unless there are really a lot of them. But then you'll be able to see them with the naked eye. Everyone will be able to do it.

They are not very good for all out warfare. But they can be really good in specops operations.

mfw you could've stopped this crazy mad-science but instead watched
>pic related
and thought I WANT that GUN.
Also: what a magnets (how do they work) or maybe some kind of "electro-magnetic field" "tesla magic tech"? idk. we robably already got bit by robot skeeters and didn't even give a super-power reach-around.

/cbrn/ retard has a new phobia?

If this is a thing, can we have real life metal gears now?

The CBRN warning comes from the EU Parliament, and I've been warning about this already, just not in so much detail;

>"We are talking about autonomous weapons, which means that there is no one behind it. AI: artificial intelligence weapons," he told a forum in Davos. "Very precisely, weapons that can locate and attack targets without human intervention."

phys.org/news/2016-01-killer-robots-late-scientists-davos.html

>Russia crafting line of ‘dragonfly’ drones

tass.com/defense/902921

and it's not phobia, it's awareness. sticking your head in the sand won't save you. this is happening

>>NSA chief says 'when, not if' foreign country hacks U.S. infrastructure

Were there not some news a few months ago that there was a breach in US electricity grid? and US said they will try to hack russia too? ... i remember some stuff not sure if it was post election or not

I will check the microwave stuff, thanx for sharing

>I'm heading to Antarctica, god willing
You will meet /sg/ in there kek

They deactivate your atoms

>I'm heading to Antarctica, god willing
This is probably wise. Once I get the sense technology is at the level of nanobots, I'm going Varg and fucking off from civilization. I see no scenario where a genocide of humanity Won't happend. Why wouldn't it? Either your group does it to get in power, or you become a victim. There's no defence from them; only attack.

ISIS doesn't scare me. Fuck knows what CIA niggers, Israelis and Chinks will come up with.

I don't think any defensive measure can resist in the long run. They will just think around them. Hiding from civilization, going underground literally, is probably the only thing that could save one.

War... war has changed.

Voe to all men! Repent, for the end is nigh.
"And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power."
Revelation 9:3

Pretty cool stuff, i hope the ai go rogue

>Were there not some news a few months ago that there was a breach in US electricity grid? and US said they will try to hack russia too? ... i remember some stuff not sure if it was post election or not

yup

>U.S. military hackers have penetrated Russia's electric grid, telecommunications networks and the Kremlin's command systems

>Russia, China and other nations have probed and left hidden malware on parts of U.S critical infrastructure, "preparing the battlefield," in military parlance, for cyber attacks that could turn out the lights or turn off the internet across major cities

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-hackers-ready-hit-back-if-russia-disrupts-election-n677936

>You will meet /sg/ in there kek

good. the more the merrier :)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo

Just wait until Kek acquires grey goo. We shall have a culling of the species.

>I don't think any defensive measure can resist in the long run. They will just think around them. Hiding from civilization, going underground literally, is probably the only thing that could save one.

They can't think. In theory you could probably make an AI with nanobots working as neurons but individual nanobots are around as smart as a bacteria. So not at all. That's assuming that you can do them even that smart. Their size is just too small to be able to cram any complex algorithms for interaction with the world. And full on learning it out of question.

You could probably make an evolutionary algorithm that will adapt nanobots over multiple generations to current environment but then you'll need to sacrifice other functions and in the end you'll just get a bacteria with a different chemical makeup than we have currently. Which will be probably less effective than normal bacteria and die out in a couple of months.

ISIS is the "JV" team, in the words of Obama;

washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/03/spinning-obamas-reference-to-isis-as-a-jv-team

They're not Russia or Israel, but they will still kill millions of people. Nukes and nerve gas are nasty weapons too

one day it's entirely possible that they burrow into/through you as sort of a metal cloud
it is scary shit man
'Grey Goo' Doomsday theory put forth by molecular nanotechnology pioneer Eric Drexler in his book Engines of Creation (1986)
Gaining Notoriety and more discuss

unvis.it/washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/03/spinning-obamas-reference-to-isis-as-a-jv-team

Nanobots? Woaa

The only realistic defense is friendly swarms of hunter-killer nanobots. That's how your body protects you against infectious agents, and it's the best way to protect a country against mechanical infection as well. Wars in 100 years will be fought at the microscopic level as well.

>>Cell Phones, Microwaves And The Human Health Threat
>>The microwaves that cell phones emit can interact with human tissue in an entirely new way, says theoretical biologist at a government lab
>technologyreview.com/s/423871/cell-phones-microwaves-and-the-human-health-threat
>>THE EFFECT OF MICROWAVES ON THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
>ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521095727.pdf

so handsfree and speaker from now on

it can just blow up next to you and that will make some damage

I wouldn't trust a smart-phone or tablet anywhere near me; I don't own them. The writer of the first report also said cell towers are also a potential risk vector.

Ideally you'd be off the grid entirely.

otoh, I'm not off the grid yet; I figure when Russia or whoever is frying everybody in this manner then ww3 is at hand and time is up anyway. I imagine/hope there will be some time to get to safety between the outbreak of hostilities and all-out ww3. even a few days would potentially be enough

Autonomous Drone Insect (ADI), a type of mechanical bee developed to counteract the acute collapse of the bee population; such artificial bees now fly freely throughout the United Kingdom, pollinating flowers.

an ADI lodged in the pain center of her brain, suggesting that she committed suicide to end tremendous suffering caused by the bee.

Noticing how precise the ADIs are at finding their target, Blue deduces that they use advanced facial recognition software, and this can only be possible if Granular has access to government records. Li reluctantly admits that this is true: the government is covertly using ADIs for mass public surveillance, which was the government's actual incentive to financially back the eco-project.

just kys now and spare yourself the pain. BAKA.

just go live underwater lmao

just saw that last night.
Did you happen to notice the villain in that episode, The most Hated person in the Nation?

Kinda looks like....podesta

I swear the Black Mirror writers are the only people outside the "alt-right" who know what's going on

don't own a smartphone either! Even if making it over to antarctica is hard, going off grid is the only way.. but going off grid only helps with part of the problem as you stop being dependent on the gov but then again if anything is to happen you will be at the mercy of looters and what else will be lurking at that time. I will always go for the mountains, it's cold, harsh, discourages lurkers. Here in romania a lot of people complained about health issues when they installed cell phone towers on top of commie blocks and took some of them down... then they upped their game and termic isolated the apartment buildings, changing windows, making the building nice inside and so on... so that people will accept them again on buildings

>nano
>size of insects

What the f am I reading.

I don't think the nanobots themselves have to be smart, but their operator probably is. If they get information that they can't reach a place, they probably have an AI at hand to think how to break into the place. It's going to be a nightmare to imagine the thousands of scenarios the place of defence could be breached.

A possibility would be that they kill off 99% of the world population by nanobots, and finish off the rest with whatever methods. If they know you exist, they can get you. Only hiding can work, I believe in that.

What happends when the killer nanobots get a +1up in technology to attack hunter-killer nanobots? The attacker is always at an advantage because the defender is the one reacting, and when that's the rule, the only logical thing is to strike immediatly when you have the nanobots.

I don't think wars in 100s of years will be fought. The wipeout has been complete by then, and the small remaining elite will be so tight-knit bunch they either keep humans at stone-age level for humour or they are the lone inhabitants of Earth.

>I will always go for the mountains, it's cold, harsh, discourages lurkers.

and the water is cleaner (upstream). yah that's where I'm heading short-term too. long-term I think the only way to survive is depend on govt or something similarly provident (eg. south pole base); complex, advanced tech + food/water to last years. next to impossible to do on one's own

>The attacker is always at an advantage because the defender is the one reacting, and when that's the rule, the only logical thing is to strike immediatly when you have the nanobots.

there are other ways to get rid of nano bots. widespread volcanism, for example.

>I don't think wars in 100s of years will be fought. The wipeout has been complete by then, and the small remaining elite will be so tight-knit bunch they either keep humans at stone-age level for humour or they are the lone inhabitants of Earth.

right

abuse of the term "nano" just like how they deem anything even remotely related to "computers" as being "cyber". pfft. intellectually lazy cunts.

I checked the website but it stopped being updated since 2010. USbro, if you can really make it there as I think you are required certain diplomas to be accepted, it would be amazing! Good luck to you! It reminds me of this tv show imdb.com/title/tt2758950/

>there are other ways to get rid of nano bots
The problem doesn't end with nanobots, they're just the beginning. We don't know what They will have, and their strongest weapon is just that, surprise.

I'd imagine it'll get real dirty game between few unknown wealthy factions who have the resources to fund a nanobot-CBRN-greygoo-cyber warfare over dominance of the planet. In conventional warfare, the defender has the advantages in general, which limits warfare, but because the effects will be so devastating and fast, the attacker is at a utterly superior position. There's no advantages as a defender in the future war.

I'm just hoping to stay out of the line of sight.

civilians can visit the base. in a ww3 situation typical rules won't apply anyway

I'm not sure there's a secret base under the ice, but it makes sense. Scientific projects have often been a convenient cover for classified defense work; eg.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm

The Russians have a "neutrino detector" underneath Lake Baikal;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baikal_Deep_Underwater_Neutrino_Telescope

several of these around the globe, miles deep...

dunno for sure but it makes sense. whether we get in or not? dunno either, but staying put is a death sentence. might as well take a chance;

>"Each must act as he thinks best; and if he is wrong, so much the worse for him. We stand on a mountain pass in the midst of whirling snow and blinding mist through which we get glimpses now and then of paths which may be deceptive. If we stand still we shall be frozen to death. If we take the wrong road we shall be dashed to pieces. We do not certainly know whether there is any right one. What must we do? ' Be strong and of a good courage.' Act for the best, hope for the best, and take what comes. . . . If death ends all, we cannot meet death better."

educ.jmu.edu//~omearawm/ph101willtobelieve.html

>between few unknown wealthy factions

governments have more wealth and wherewithal than private wealthy factions

it's hard to imagine most of civilization can provide an adequate defense against what's coming. getting out of the way is key

the pole makes sense for that reason and also because it's more stable. related;

>safely at the poles

youtube.com/watch?v=K0-GxoJ_Pcg#t=1m4s

>"experts warn
And just like nuclear weapons, they will never be used courtesy of their destructiveness

>>"Each must act as he thinks best; and if he is wrong, so much the worse for him. We stand on a mountain pass in the midst of whirling snow and blinding mist through which we get glimpses now and then of paths which may be deceptive. If we stand still we shall be frozen to death. If we take the wrong road we shall be dashed to pieces. We do not certainly know whether there is any right one. What must we do? ' Be strong and of a good courage.' Act for the best, hope for the best, and take what comes. . . . If death ends all, we cannot meet death better."
very nice! thanx for sharing

What movie are these pictures from?

:)

God willing. Such weapons should not exist.

>Killer robots: Experts warn of 'third revolution in warfare'

>"Once developed, they will permit armed conflict to be fought at a scale greater than ever, and at timescales faster than humans can comprehend," the letter says.

>"we do not have long to act".

bbc.com/news/technology-40995835

>third
I'm guessing the nuke was the second but what was the first revolution? Tanks? Gunpowder?

>Once developed, they will permit armed conflict to be fought at a scale greater than ever

well yeah, I mean you send in mosquito assassin to inject the person you want out and it's that easy, no military/economic pressure

Um yeah we invented nano drones years ago, Patricia Cornwall talks about them in one of her books..

You're only just catching on? They've been operational for at least 5 years now. lol

They plan on using nano technology (using graphene and panguite) to attack cancers/viruses/bacterial infections.

lol

once the elites control nanobots, everyone on the planet will be at their mercy. soldiers will be obsolete, and privacy impossible. what's more, a single man could control a fleet of these things. all it takes is one soros type figure to take control, and it's game over.

I didn't mean that governments wouldn't be the one producing, I just have no idea who truly is pulling the strings in every government. There could be multiple factions within governments, who knows how the US elite is strucutred and if there is in-group conspiring.

Poles are probably the best to guarantee to stay alive, but how about the food? Do you have the means to travel there once you expect SHTF-scenario is imminent? My designated hideout is in isolated rural Finland with equipment to start farming, hunting and fishing.

>and at timescales faster than humans can comprehend
And this is why he who gets first blood, will win. Nuclear weapons were slow enough to allow for retaliation, but in future warfare you have lost once you discover you've been hit.

last bump! have a good nigght usbro! had a good read through your material

>a 2 atom atomic bomb could be the end of the planet

they all suck your blood until you're dry

>There could be multiple factions within governments, who knows how the US elite is strucutred and if there is in-group conspiring.

true

>Poles are probably the best to guarantee to stay alive, but how about the food?

they have a hydroponic greenhouse at amundsen-scott. one could do the same on a larger scale underground. and it's not that difficult to stockpile stores to last a long time. the greater challenge is keeping the machinery of war away or defeat it before it invades

reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=5q5rsQJpGV0

goodnight Romaniabro

>experts say the robots could be programmed to target specific DNA sequences leading to accidental genocide

literally THIS a bit dated by today's standards, but still kinda fun to watch.

>Do you have the means to travel there once you expect SHTF-scenario is imminent?

not yet, but I have plans to have the means :)

>My designated hideout is in isolated rural Finland with equipment to start farming, hunting and fishing.

It's good for lower-level social collapse and war, but ww3 will make the atmosphere unlivable. there's going to be widespread volcanism, which will block the sun for god knows how long; earthquakes, tidal waves, weapons in space;

>two secret Soviet programs, "Mercury" and "Volcano", aimed at developing a "tectonic weapon" that could set off earthquakes from great distance

>US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, said..."Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports

>The United States possesses more space weaponry than any other country

blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/08/09/the-u-s-military-is-preparing-for-the-real-star-wars

>Russia reveals new generation satellite to fight war in space

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/476182/Russia-developing-star-wars-space-weapons

>Russia lost all of its early warning satellites in the spring of 2014.

spaceflightinsider.com/missions/defense/russian-soyuz-2-1b-rocket-successfully-launches-tundra-satellite

etc.

>but in future warfare you have lost once you discover you've been hit.

we all have dead hands tho;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

etc

fuck, just realized the title ain't in the pic. derp. hang on. it's from:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_(1984_film)
my bad, user.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports
that's what fukushima "disaster" was, btw. not spoopy just fact.

Holy shit, this. It could also be integrated into an AI to locate targets - ei anyone who is a potential threat. Try to talk about how to fight against it and boom, you are taken out.

Yep. They could inject a virus, bacterial strain, or pretty much any deadly concoction nature has to offer. Lots of choices.

Is this the first step of racial warfare? A self-replicating drone that kills all chinks/blacks/whites and that cannot be stopped once released and nobody would even know who produced it so no counterstrike is possible besides releasing your own race-exterminating drone.

Should probably stop them before they get their hands on this shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Variety

i don't see the problem.
they''re flying around your homes
and neighbors for 5+ years now.

yeah no shit, it's called grey goo and is the plot of countless videogames, deus ex 2 and some ps1 game with a bimbo on a hovercraft, there is also a rts literally called grey goo.

also if this doesn't kill us, a.i will, so yeah we are fucked either way
youtube.com/watch?v=b-cOipzmFhg

Yes, but it will likely come from the Chinese, and act as a virus.

like injecting cancer ?

Thanks for this gem, made me think alot.

>a.i will

lmao just turn off the power

self replicating machines were once banned by the nasa because they thought it would be too dangerous. their scenario was some kind of factory on the moon that replicates itself and after x replications starts working (gaining resources and crafting shit). the reason they abandoned it was they thought it could evolve/mutate and cause harm on to mankind. it was not about nanobots at that time.